urban an american grill
11301 Domain Drive
Austin, TX 78758Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
urban an american grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.urbanatthedomain.com/
- Phone: 5124901511x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Paul Polizzi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering options available.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private wine library for up to 20 guests, and a private dining room for parties up to 200.
- Private Party Contact: Alicia Polk 512-810-3224x
- Entertainment: Live music in the lounge Tuesday thru Saturday and in the restaurant for brunch on Sundays
- Special Events: New Year's Eve four course dinner, including live music and a complimentary champagne toast. $65 per person
New Year's Day Buffet Brunch! Fresh start to the new year with a variety of superfoods, cold pressed juices, and traditional New Year's goodies. $19.95 per person
Jonathon Honig winemaker dinner 2/5/2014 Details on the menu to come
A word from urban an american grill
Urban, an American Grill, is located in the Westin at the Domain and serves a comforting menu highlighting local ingredients. Inspired by the flavors and spirits of Texas, our cuisine changes with the seasons but always includes favorites like Chef's signature meatloaf, loaded mac and cheese, and our delicious Urban Kobe Burger. Other inspired dishes include our Espresso Rubbed Pork Chop with butternut squash risotto and crispy brussel sprouts, Pan Seared Scallops with sauteed spinach and creamy grits, and the always popular Bar Steak with bourbon shallot butter and house made salt & pepper fries. In addition to our welcoming dining room, guests can experience our friendly service and outstanding value in our private wine room, our expansive private dining room, or outside on either of our two patios.....Join us for Comfort Food, reinvented.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
urban an american grill reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (6)special occasion (6)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (4)fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful ExperienceSatisfiedx2Dined on 9/29/2014The atmosphere and hostess/waitress was perfect. I took my husband there for his birthday and we both loved our food. They even gave him a slice of chocolate cheesecake with berries that was delicious. We both enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What buffet?OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/28/2014Within 5 minutes of the posted start time several key buffet items( eggs, bacon, potatoes, breads) were empty and remained so for a good ten minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp and AvocadoetxgrlVIPDined on 9/27/2014I think I could live off the Shrimp and Avocado appetizer. So fresh and delicious! Nice portion too. We were very pleased. Just a note: Cocktails are a little pricey but locals beers rather reasonable.Special Features:
- Good food but SLOW (server)the4rojosVIPDined on 9/26/2014The veggie flatbread pizza was memorable! The server was too, but not in a good way. She was kind, however, she said, "I will have to check", in regards to 4-5 questions about the menu... all basic questions. They were about the menu sitting in front of us. It's not like they were questions about specials or new things. I truly believe she had to of been a maid or table cleaner that had to become a waitress on the fly. There were no other servers. Because of her ignorance, the experience took too long. Hopefully that is not always the case. Also, my mother's sandwich was plain and nothing to write home about. The bourbon dessert did not have enough flavor. It tasted, maybe, one step above a cheap boxed brownie. The pecan pie was delicious!Special Features:
- Good find, good foodjhm466Dined on 9/19/2014Urban Grill has a very contemporary look and ambiance, very inviting. No wait on a Friday evening. Menu is not extensive but the food was very good. Started with shrimp and avocado appetizers which was excellent, had the Kobe Burger for dinner and, cooked medium, it was delicious. The banana split just topped it off and I thought it should be their signature dessert. It was incredible. Overall it was a very nice experience and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good experienceDart89Dined on 9/18/2014My wife and I enjoyed our second outing at the restaurant. We went for an anniversary lunch. The chicken and dumplings are wonderful. The grits with cheese, very good. The Kobe burger, smashing.Special Features:
- Good for a change of sceneryPrettyGirl05Dined on 9/12/2014My date and I like to try different restaurants, so this is the one we choose this week. I loved the ambiance. The hotel and restaurant are beautiful. The food was ok, but nothing to write home about. For entrees we had the scallops and chicken pot pie. The scallops were ok. They could have used about 5 more seconds and the grits could have used more flavor. My date liked the chicken pot pie. I tried it and thought it was ok. The gnocchi could have used some seasoning. My overall favorite was the brussel sprouts. They were crispy with bacon and honey. Fantastic! I would return for those. The service was also superb. Overall, it was a pretty good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McDinersVIPDined on 8/30/2014First time here. It was okay. Nothing outstanding. Overpriced for the buffet and selection.
- loved itvivianyungDined on 8/17/2014Table of 16 for brunch. Sat in the wine room and was very good for our birthday brunch. Kelly the front desk person brought out breakfast pancakes with candles for our daughter. Our server was courteous and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014We made reservations to celebrate an 81st birthday; therefore, the food and noise level needed to accommodate the pilate and ears. The food, service, ambiance could not have been better. This was a new restaurant to us, and it will not be our last visit. It was an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedDinner2MovieDined on 8/2/2014We just had a bad overall experience in locating the resturant and not getting adequate directions. Should have been told in Westlin Hotel. No one was at the entrance when we arrived and we had to get a bus boy to get us seated. The waitress provided fair service. We had a gift certificate for the Urban an american grill. The food was fair. This is not one of the places that I will be going back to in the future.Special Features:
- Disappointing foodurbangrillstinksDined on 7/31/2014My wife and I went there with a restaurant.com deal we bought a while back. We were not very happy with the waiter. My wifes dish was kale and scottish salmon and she was not happy. We were happy that we did not pay full price for the meal.
- Good findDart89Dined on 7/29/2014My wife and I decided to try this spot for an impromptu date. Our server, Angie, was great. She was friendly and made a couple of great recommendations. We had split the Kobe burger and the grilled cheese sandwich w/ fried green tomatoes. Wa also had the brisket Mac and cheese. Very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice experienceGleemonexDined on 7/22/2014This was my first time at Urban, and the overall experience was very nice. There was an outdoor patio, but it was Texas during the summer. But it would be nice to try that out during the fall. There was live music playing in the bar area, but in the restaurant, you could hear it but it wasn't overpowering where it would drown out a conversation. The service was good, quick and attentive but not in our faces bothering us. The food was all good. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed2WorldTravelersDined on 7/11/2014Beautiful modern style restaurant but the food falls short. Food presentations were lack luster. Then there was the Greasy Calamari...Caesar salad served with grilled tomatoes?...Scallops and Grits, well, have your seen pinkish gray grits before? Carbonara with separated cream sauce? The setting is beautiful, the server was lovely, but the food needs help!Special Features:
- Better than average Brunch @ UrbanTravelingPalateVIPDined on 7/6/2014In town for a wedding and needed a place for an early brunch near the Domain Development. Urban an american grill fit the bill with outstanding service, very good ambience and nice brunch buffet that was visually appealing. There were no signature dishes to speak of but they had very good made to order omelets and pancakes along with a variety of meats and cheeses amongst the usual brunch fare. The chocolate pastry received high marks with second orders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 163 reviews are from the urban an american grill reviews archive.
- It's a shameMsChuckleDined on 6/15/2014I have no idea what the HOTEL itself is like but if I were going to judge whether I'd stay there based on their restaurant, I would move along. The brunch was nothing different than any other chain restaurants "free breakfast when you stay with us". After hearing nice things about the Mothers Day brunch, the kids and I decided to take my husband there for Fathers Day brunch. They were touting that, along with the Bluegrass music being played live. Ok, the music was good. The food...disappointing. The server was attentive and professional - and he even brought us our check, comp'ing 2 of the brunches, although we did not say a THING about being disappointed. We will no be returning to this location. :(
- Great for large partiesjmackOC3Dined on 6/5/2014Nice atmosphere, quiet, clean, can easily accommodate large parties. Could use more vegetarian entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is OUTSTANDINGCrzyCrtnyDined on 5/17/2014Cathy was our waitress and she was amazing. Very prompt and friendly service. We are definitely going back!Special Features:
- Date Night at UrbanDateNight2004Dined on 5/16/2014This was a good time. My husband did ask for the Filet Mignon and they were out and when he ordered his steak well done, he had to send it back one more time. But overall the waiter was nice and they did offer us a dessert on the house and we had the banana split. It was Delicious, also the crispy brussell sprouts for an appetizer was delicious!Special Features:
- Good FooddanloisrecommendDined on 5/16/2014We had eaten lunch here two years ago, shortly after they opened. Not good. However, we had a Restaurant.com coupon and went there for dinner. We both had great dinners - the wife the Scottish Salmon and me the Smoke 8 ounce Filet Mignon with salt and pepper fries and asparagus. Delicious. They hand cut their fries thin and long - were cooked brown outside and soft inside, just like I had hoped. This is not cheap but not expensive compared to some high end restaurants. It's located inside the Wyndham adjacent to a high end outdoorsy mall with all the haute couture shops, including Nieman Marcos. So, you can enjoy the shops then eat a good meal.Special Features:
- Not a typical Hotel RestarauntOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/14/2014This place is awesome. Expected your normal hotel food and we were completly shocked! The Chicken Fried braised rib was great.Special Features:
- Not returning here againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I think there should definitely be more menu options. I will not be returning again while in the Domain area, which I visit frequently.
- Mother's Day brunchtxjaydocDined on 5/11/2014I took my wife and our three young children to urban for Mother's Day brunch in an effort to stay a little closer to home rather than drive downtown this year. It was a gamble that paid off. The brunch was great. If I had to be picky, I'd say the risotto was a little underdone and the layout of the brunch could be improved. Most importantly, though, our waitress - Mari - was fantastic. Sometimes for a serve-yourself brunch you will see your waiter/waitress once when they take your drink order, then they fade away. Mari was attentive, professional, and flexible. Five-star service at a relaxed, elegant brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambience, good foodGramDined on 4/25/2014Nice ambience, good food, pleasant service. Would recommend and would go back again.Special Features:
- Sticker Shock!!!sundaybrunchDined on 4/20/2014I had filtered my search results with "$$" priced restaurants. I guess it was my fault for not checking pricing a bit closer but when I got the check I never in a million years would have imagined Easter Sunday brunch to cost $50 per person! I chose this restaurant that day because it advertised live jazz. I wanted to treat my wife and mom to a special Easter brunch, but there was no band. I asked our waitress, she checked with the manager who told her the band had cancelled on them the night before. The food (buffet) was good, but for $50 per person, I would have expected much better. The best thing about our experience was our waitress who was friendly and did an outstanding job. Will not go back, way too pricy for this patron.
- Great brunchPfoodieDined on 4/20/2014We really enjoyed the Easter brunch and $1 mimosas!!! Great variety, food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Good selection of beersVreracingDined on 3/22/2014They had a good selection of craft beers on tap. Not a lot just enough to make it interesting. The menu was a little bit limited but had a reasonable array of items. The usual sandwiches followed by exquisite entrees. Pretty much had a wide gamut in prices from the affordable to the special occasion orders. Restaurant was not particularly crowded on a Saturday night so we go right in. The waitress was pleasant and attentive.Special Features:
- Amazing PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014This place was awesome, music, lighting, customer service was great. I took my "lady friend" out for her birthday and it couldn't have gone any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with the girlsBrightEyesDined on 3/21/2014We had a company function at the Westin, so we made reservations to have lunch before the event. It worked out perfectly and what was meant to be for convenience turned into a delicious meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winner!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/19/2014Excellent food and atmosphere. Much better than the usual hotel experience. Menu is trendy and fun if a bit expensive for Austin. Great wine list.Special Features:
- good restaurant2124Dined on 3/16/2014The service was very good as well as the food. They offer a sold menu.The place is nice and offers a good atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/2/2014We went for Sunday brunch. They have an interesting menu of different type of brunch items, $1 Mimosas and Kir Royals. They were accommodating and made me a Kir. There was also a bluegrass band playing and they were very good. Out waitress was very friendly and personable. She made recommendations and told us what her favorites were. All in all it was a very nice Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Urban, American Grill hasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2014Urban, American Grill has become one of my dining favorites, highly recommend the seared scallops or the expresso rubbed pork chop...both are divine, service is very attentive and noise level is low so you can actually hear each other talk!!Special Features:
- Good findDallas99Dined on 2/15/2014This I restaurant is part of the Westin hotel, but is in a great location and not a typical "hotel restaurant". Good, inventive fusion menu and excellent service!
- Over priced cheap cuts of meatRareDined on 2/15/2014Prime rib was gristle. They had to over cook it just to make it edible. They were also unable to get the steak cooked correctly to begin with. They made us wait for 40 minutes when we had a reservation. I could see empty tables. When we finally were seated the food took almost 30 minutes to arrive and all the steaks were over cooked. There were empty tables but the kitchen was obviously in the weeds. This place is just a hotel restaurant with over priced entrees. There are many better restaurants within walking distance of this one.
- good food, absent serverAlysiamaeDined on 2/15/2014We picked Urban since we were staying at the Westin. The host seated us promptly and the atmosphere was pleasant. The calamari appetizer was good but nothing special. My dates scallops were excellent and my ribs had a good flavor to the meat but the BBQ sauce was a little sweet for my taste. The ribs were served with fries which they were great about not putting the Parmesan cheese on but there was no normal mustard in the restaurant. The entire service the waiter seemed flustered, unfamiliar with the wine list and took long periods to do simple tasks. Would have been a higher rating if waiter had matched that expectations of even a more casual restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not worth itEatsOutTooOftenVIPDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I had to wait 30 minutes for our reservation. Never a good start. When we finally sat, service was slow. I didn't have a fork. We ordered champagne, and they left the wine glasses on the table the entire meal. Between courses, we had to ask for fresh silverware each time. The sea bass was dry and unremarkable. My frisée salad was dry and plain. I kept My brownie was alright. For $100 a person, there is too much competition in the Domain and the rest of Austin to go back to this restaurant. Save your time and spend your money elsewhere. I would have rather gone to North, Jasper's, Copper, Fleming's, or Daily Grill. And those are all walking distance from here. They all have better food and service.
- Fancy restaurantAwesomeDined on 2/14/2014It wasn't really romantic when people are sitting next to u like at McDonald's. The food is over priced for quality of it. I would not recommend doing a special occasion. I it's more for like big parties or for really rich people who like there food to look fancy instead of being good. I know ribeye steaks are fattie but I didn't think they would leave all the fat on steak.Special Features:
- Valentine's DinnerphotofergiDined on 2/14/2014The two chefs put together a remarkable menu befit for a high-end restaurant in NY or LA. The four-course meal had all of the right notes; appetizers that set the tone, salad that didn't skimp on flavor, main course with punch, and desserts that made one appreciate their taste buds. It is not often that I eat sweet potato bisque and the chefs made an extraordinarily tasty and rich one. The frisee salad had perfectly cooked pork belly with a delightfully light vinaigrette. The tobacco smoked ribeye had enough flavor for three meals and I was informed by my date that the champagne poached sea bass was perfect. Finally, the bacon bourbon brownie AND white chocolate cranberry bread pudding put two exclamation points on the evening. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.