1131 Uptown Park Blvd, Ste 14
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://uptown-sushi.com/
- Phone: 7138711200
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Wed 11am - 11pm
Thu - Fri 11am - Midnight
Sat Noon - Midnight
Sun 5pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Fusion / Eclectic
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Uptown Sushi
Come experience Houston's premier upscale sushi bar and restaurant. Specializing in unique Japanese fusion cuisine for business lunch, elegant dinner and late night bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Uptown Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (16)romantic (14)special occasion (14)great for lunch (11)hot spot (11)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- WJCAvidTravellerVIPDined on 9/9/2014Was very surprised, usually this place is extremely good, no concerns in last 5 visits. Waitress must have been new. Not knowledgeable, slow to non-existent. however, the bus service was great. the red tuna was fishy and the super white was good. They roll waitress recommended was fishy. All that said, place is usually great and I will come back; everyone has a bad day.
- Excellent Fusion JapaneseOliverDined on 9/7/2014The food is excellent and creative. The service was great and friendly. I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SushiKingwoodDined on 9/5/2014First, I requested a upper level table and that didn't happen. The food took over 25 to be served. The service was fair however the bar service was great, since we had to wait for our table. Bartender Steve makes good drinks and has a great attitude.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Try the Uka roll. That with a Berry Martinini and Bluefin Tuna Nagiri. Excellent!!! The atmosphere is chic and can be romantic dinner or great for business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodAlwaysgoodVIPDined on 8/27/2014Uptown Sushi remains not only my favorite sushi place but one of my favorites in Houston. Beautiful restaurant with great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Great atmospheremari0605Dined on 8/27/2014Houston's restaurant days are a chance to get to try out new restaurants therefore 2 coworkers and myself chose this place for lunch. The food was excellent! The restaurant itself was very dim with cool light fixtures; makes you want to go back on a romantic date. The server was nice and she got everything right, I'd just wish she would have smiled. We were smiling and enjoying ourselves so it was awkward that she couldn't crack a smile with us. Other than that she gave us good service.Special Features:
- Great SushiGeorgeDined on 8/26/2014Uptown Sushi offers high quality sushi and excellent service. a bit pricy but best sushi place in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful & great foodFoodieDined on 8/12/2014Went for my Birthday & loved our lunch. This is my favorite restaurant in Houston. It is so beautiful inside, great NEW menu & great service. They even brought me a Birthday dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/30/2014I have eaten at Uptown Sushi numerous times over the years. It's not the best sushi in town, but consistent and good. It's also convienent to the Galleria area and good for a client dinner. The service the other night was beyond bad. We mentioned it a couple times and it never got any better. This is my second experience in a row with two different servers where service was bad. Not sure if I will return.
- Perfect except for the new menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014Everything here is always great, best sushi in town. Only problem is that the new menu took away the best roll. Please bring the butter crab roll back!Special Features:
- A Go To When I Am in HoustonLbrodenDined on 6/23/2014This has been one of my favorite go to sushi bars in Houston. The specialty rolls are great, along w/the thick slices of sashimi. Love the avocado must soup too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience every timeKrystynPVIPDined on 6/20/2014We've dined at Uptown Sushi upward of 10 times. Everytime we are just as pleased with the experience. Outstanding sushi.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and ambience.foodhoDined on 6/20/2014This place offers way more than sushi although the sushi is excellent. Don't miss the tuna in truffle oil. It's outstanding as was the seared salmon. I will definitely return and am sorry it's taken me this long to discover it.Special Features:
- The following 144 reviews are from the Uptown Sushi reviews archive.
- A must for sushi in HoustonRhondaSDined on 5/31/2014The sushi was amazingly fresh and delicious as always, but the service was off ... VERY slow, which is highly unusual for Uptown.Special Features:
- The SlowestfoodieVIPDined on 5/25/2014I frequented Uptown Sushi weekly in its initial years after opening. The service was previously impeccable however I was extremely disappointed/frustrated with how slow it is now(50 minutes before we received appetizers). Additionally, they've gotten rid of some of the favorites (i.e. Tuna tartare). Needs a comprehensive upgrade in decor and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuffRES3Dined on 5/21/2014The grilled chicken soy salad was phenomenal, we just had a long wait time to get our food. We also made a reservation for lunch but had to wait about 10 minutes to get a table...why even make a reservation? We are on a schedule. Other than that it was good!Special Features:
- Fresh SushiFoodieDined on 5/20/2014Uptown Sushi is my very favorite sushi restaurant in Houston. The sushi is always fresh & the service & atmosphere are great!Special Features:
- One of my favorites!SandyVIPDined on 5/6/2014Uptown Sushi is consistently DELICIOUS! Love the ambiance there. The food is exceptionally prepared and always fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in townOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/4/2014Excellent service, atmosphere, and, of course, sushi! Some favorites are the Uka roll, crazy roll, Don #2 roll, and avocado miso soup. Only complaint is that they don't seem to have a happy hour or any daily specials, as most other competitors do. Be prepared to spend some money here, but the quality and taste reflects the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2014I have had lagging to poor service each time I have dined here. The food and the atmosphere is good.
- Good food - not exceptionalAlexDined on 4/27/2014Keen sushi eater. Had two rolls and a few sushis and a salad. Rolls were OK - not too impressed by the rice and by too much soya souce in them. Good presentation. Ambience very nice. Tables better than sushi bar.Special Features:
- Wine TrainingFoodieVIPDined on 4/24/2014I love uptown sushi and the food is always great, however in trying to order a bottle of wine, the waiter was not sure of herself on the listing of wines available thus, unable to really answer questions. We ended up getting a bottle for $190 and it is one that you always decanter, and we had to ask.Special Features:
- Fabulous sashimi- fresh blueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014Fabulous sashimi- fresh blue Finn! Service wonderful: immaculate and stylish. Will go whenever I can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was incredibleLIZZYVIPDined on 3/8/2014If you love sushi make sure you keep this restatuant on your favorite list. Their sushi selections were good. We had a friend that is not into sushi so we found some chicken on the menu for him which he loved. Overall, service was excellent.Special Features:
- Losing its flair!dine4funDined on 3/7/2014I have frequented this restaurant for years. However,over the last two years it has started to fade into blah territory. The sushi was good but at best standard. Our server was very attentive and quick. Upon entering the restaurant you immediately notice that the decor has not been updated in quite some time. Curtains were hanging off the tracks, several light bulbs were out, the banquette fabric was dirty and stained as well as covered with crumbs from the previous diner I assume. But the kicker is the closer you got to the bathroom the stronger the sewer gas smell got. At some point they must have noticed and then covered it with air freshener which only made the smell stronger. Until some of these items are resolved i won't be returning.
- Great food and fun eveningluvgreatfoodDined on 3/7/2014It was an evening to honor the memory of someone who also loved Uptown Sushi. We ordered salad, edamame, special rolls and sushi. All great and soooo very fresh. Attentive service without interfering with our conversation. It was a wonderful evening. It remains our favorite sushi...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad waitressmomieDined on 2/28/2014She was less theab pleasant but the food was great!Special Features:
- Best Sushi in HoustonMundayDined on 2/22/2014Absolutely a great place for Sushi, best in Houston IMOSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice atmosphere!!Don77Dined on 2/15/2014Loved the ambiance!!! Valet came and parked my car immediately. My reservation was at 8:30 pm and we arrived at 8:00 pm. We walk in and they let me know that I was early but I would be seated by 8:30 pm, and I was seated right at 8:30 pm. I requested a booth seat and I also had my booth seat as well. The food was very good! I will no longer be going to Ra Sushi to get my sushi fix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servers were nice and not so snobbyquynhspinsVIPDined on 2/14/2014I read some reviews of this place and thought it might be too uppity up with the ambiance and service. Turns out I had a great server and wasn't snobby. The food was excellent. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday ExperienceSegaDined on 1/19/2014The place is great.... took my date and we both had a great time. Perfect ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prepare to waitanonymousDined on 1/18/2014I brought my teen daughter for her birthday, and made a special note in the reservation that it was for a birthday celebration. Upon arrival we were made to wait 30 minutes for our table, and were just about to leave when we were finally seated. We were put in the back corner next to the kitchen. My daughter really wanted sushi so we stayed. The food was good, but we won't come back to this establishment, nor recommend it.Special Features:
- Always yummy!RacegrlVIPDined on 1/15/2014I've been to Uptown Sushi many times and they always have the freshest fish! Yellowtail, Salmon, Escolar and Snapper are my usual sashimi order. I enjoy their rolls but don't really have a favorite. It's a great place to catch up with friends - the interior design is attractive and keeps the noise level reasonable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent sushiAquaploisDined on 1/10/2014You can't have a bad meal here. Excellent service too. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and TastyLYMartinezVIPDined on 12/21/2013More than sushi available, but the sushi is pretty outstanding! Great atmosphere for date night, but good for groups as well. A little pricey, but most sushi places are. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could be better.SirEatsalotDined on 12/7/2013The astmosphere was upbeat with the feel of an upscale modern New York restaurant. The food was very good. I reccomend the whole tempura catfish, very tasty. The poor service put a bit of a damper on an otherwise grfeat night. The young waiter seemed very inexperienced, forgetting orders and requests for water, not removing plates as we finished our apps, coming to the table at the wrong times, not being around when we needed service, etc. A little training would go a long way with this guy. I have eaten here many times and the service was much better in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favoritesharrietVIPDined on 12/6/2013Uptown Sushi is always good and a great atmosphere. It is our "go to " place in the Galleria for Japanese food. Relaxing and nice service. Always up to its standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sushi fixbcb400Dined on 11/16/2013We love Uptown Sushi for their consistently great sushi, great service and awesome pomegranate martinis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi ... But expensiveLauriepVIPDined on 10/25/2013Uptown Sushi has excellent sushi - fish is very fresh - rolls include the standard fare and some very creative selections. Drinks & wine list are very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frenetic & discordantStephenDined on 10/15/2013The wave of bar attendee noise and way too loud techno music dominates this place and made my hoped for relaxed dinner impossible. Good food, but overshadowed by the environment.Special Features: