7225 Heritage Square Dr
Granger, IN 46530Neighborhood:
Mishawaka, Granger, Elkhart
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://theuptownkitchen.com/
- Phone: 5749683030x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Sunday 7am - 3pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Vegetarian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our specialty catering menu offers many healthy, made from scratch items that are available for full service catering both on and off site. Breakfast, lunch and dinner menus are available for your event, or we can customize a menu unique to your occasion. We also offer many Vegetarian and Gluten Free options.
Please contact Nancy Nacci at email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Our semi-private dining room seats parties of up to 40 for special events. Our private dining room seats up to 12 people and has a flat screen TV with an A/V hook up.
We also host large parties in other areas of the restaurant upon request. Special menus are created for each event and we have a pastry chef to create specialty desserts for your occasion.
Food and beverage minimums apply. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Nacci 5743864039x
A word from Uptown Kitchen
Uptown Kitchen is a funky, urban restaurant that focuses on serving high quality, fresh, natural foods. Great selection of vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options. Unique bar that features an ever changing selection of craft beers, cocktails and an extensive wine list. Open for breakfast & lunch 7 days per week. Huge selection of house made desserts, specializing in layer cakes and cheesecakes. Reservations accepted for any meal, any day. Voted as best breakfast in Michiana. Great weekend brunch specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Uptown Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Mishawaka, Granger, Elkhart ›
Uptown Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (16)fit for foodies (11)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (8)special occasion (6)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)good for groups (4)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- UptownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The food was good, but the service was pretty slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantAlexDined on 8/17/2014This is always one of our favorite spots. It is always busy because the food is so good. I wish they still served dinner, but many people associate it with breakfast so it is hard to break that mold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needed crackersDine2VIPDined on 8/10/2014Waiting 45 minutes after ordering is not acceptable. The food took so long to arrive, that the server had to bring us crackers because we were very hungry. We were told that a staff member had called off in the kitchen but it happened again on our next visit as well.
- Well Wishes to Lauren!!nouvrieg23Dined on 8/10/2014Always the consummate professional with a vibrant personality, we consider it a blessing to have become aquainted with Lauren. She was, by far, your best server (we might be partial, lol) - and we know your staff will miss her as well. We were pleased to be seated in her section, per our request via OpenTable (our first special request). The food was superb -- oh joy!, the return of the corn muffin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always love their brunch!jiboDined on 8/10/2014I always love brunch at Uptown Kitchen! They make some of the best dishes & I always leave satisfied. The servers are always really nice & helpful too. I also love that they have a lot of Gluten-free options!Special Features:
- Vegetarian-friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014Very busy at 11:30 a.m. on a Sunday morning. ...glad we had reservations. Food was good with good-sized portions.Special Features:
- Always greattjoinesDined on 6/29/2014Friendly service, great food made from fresh ingredients to order. They can change any dish to suite your preference.Special Features:
- The following 87 reviews are from the Uptown Kitchen reviews archive.
- KessingtonDined on 6/15/2014We waited almost 1.5 hours after we ordered for delivery of food. The potatoes were cold. I will never return.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014We had a reservation for six on fathers and we were seated a little early. The waiter was great, he was attentive and very welcoming. We waited quite a long time to get our food but they were very busy. Everyone agreed that the food was very good and the portions were appropriate. The only negative was the fruit cup was only grapes. They must have run out or they should call it a grape cup instead. We will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit-OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014This was my families second visit to Uptown kitchen, and unfortunately our last. While our waitress did inform us that we would have to wait awhile for our food I think that over an hour is way too long. Why were there not more chefs on staff to accommodate the busy day? I request to be on the patio and that request was denied as well. While the food was good, the service was completely disappointing!!Special Features:
- Great place for brunch!Blueyedchic31Dined on 5/31/2014I have been to Uptown Kitchen many times and love it each time I go. I brought out of town guests with me and they cleaned their plates! I have yet to have a bad thing from their menu. My favorite thing is their lemon ricotta pancakes and they make the best cup of coffee. I will continue to go back and try more things on the menu.Special Features:
- BestFrequentdinerDined on 5/22/2014I've been to Uptown Kitchen several times. It's where I take friends from out of town. There are many healthy and vegan options that are wonderful. It's a blessing to have such a delightful choice in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Count on Great Food!MsTechDirDined on 5/18/2014The food is always great at Uptown Kitchen and done just the way I like it. And there is something for everyone from Vegan to meat offerings. Our server must have had to be at work too early because she kept forgetting things, even asking her multiple times, but she was very nice. I enjoy meeting friends at Uptown Kitchen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Private Graduation DinnerlaninaDined on 5/17/2014I made a reservation for 9 for my graduation dinner. My party included my parents, two under-21 siblings, and two sets of grandparents. Uptown Kitchen usually isn't open for dinner, but they were open (for reservations only) that weekend specifically to serve the needs of graduation weekend in the area. Therefore, the restaurant was entirely booked for the evening. When we arrived, we were escorted to the private dining room in the back. I did not request the room, but they placed us there thinking that we would not want to be in the middle of the party of 45 in the main dining room. Their staff went above and beyond to make our dinner special, and the menu was spot-on. We can't say enough good things about Uptown Kitchen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy and Deliciousbenfro6Dined on 5/17/2014Really enjoyed bringing a large group to Uptown. The food was outstanding and the service flawless. The food was quick and no issues, despite a group of 12. Will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for EveryoneMsTechDirDined on 5/11/2014Whether you're a meat eater or a vegan, there is something on the menu for everyone. I had a vegan spinach garden wrap spread with hummus, with a twist. Instead of jalapeno, I requested avocado and my onions fully cooked. The onions were not cooked when my meal was originally brought out to me, but the waitress returned them to the kitchen, and the wrap came back perfect. All the other ingredients were fresh and uncooked including the edamame, sprouts, tomatoes, carrots and mixed greens. The coffee is robust and not watered down like other establishments. A great way to spend Mom's Day with friends, other events, or just a meal with friends or family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ok, noise level hideiousquietdinerDined on 5/10/2014We've had breakfast here several times and find that it's consistent - ok food and very noisy. Business clients wanted to meet there for a meeting so I reserved a table and requested a quite table if possible. It was for a few minutes until two different groups with small children were seated near us and then it became difficult to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchMissouriGrandmaDined on 5/4/2014I had the stuffed French Toast and it was excellent. We were seated quickly when we got there and our server was attentive and pleasant. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and reliableartstravelerDined on 5/3/2014good prices--can be very full on Sudays--reserve onlibeSpecial Features:
- Breakfast employee meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/29/2014We had a Great experience with uptown kitchen last week. The service was wonderful and food was fresh and very tasty. I will utilize them again in the future and recommend them to fellow business partners and friends.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchBRichDined on 4/20/2014Made reservations via website with ease. The restaurant had us seated with drinks 3 minutes before reservation time. Even with the Easter crowd, our server and service was outstanding. Better yet the did not disappoint, 8 adults and my 2 children loved it all and can't wait for our next get together there. Thank you so much Uptown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely worth it!MelissaDined on 4/20/2014I have eaten breakfast/brunch here twice now. I have enjoyed both meals and the service is great. They are very flexible too! I have yet to try something off the lunch menu, but I look forward to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Servernouvrieg23Dined on 4/13/2014Hands down, Lauren is your best server. Articulate, endearing and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant that caters to all...MelissaDined on 4/6/2014There was something on the menu for everyone...gluten free, vegan, healthy options, etc. I had the ricotta/lemon pancakes - these were very good. My daughter, who had the breakfast burrito, could not stop raving about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch for 12betsDined on 3/9/2014Made the reservation the night before in line. Only waited about 5 minutes for our table. Service was excellent for serving 12 people. Will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, great selectionAlexDined on 3/8/2014We love going to Uptown Kitchen. There are so many options and different combinations of entrees on the menu. It has a great atmosphere and can be difficult to get into because it is so popular for breakfast/brunch/lunch. We also very much appreciate the Gluten Free items and preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surprise ...JohnVIPDined on 2/27/2014We wanted to stop for lunch while on our way to the Cleveland area from Chicagoland and found this pleasant surprise of a restaurant in Granger IN. They had a very good and extensive draft and bottled beer selection Too bad we only a short time for lunch ... :-( I had the lunch "soup" special - Andouille Sausage and Corn Chili. It was very good ... I should have had a bowl and not just the cup. My bride really enjoyed another lunch special - Grilled Salmon atop Zucchini Pancakes. All the food was fresh and very tasty. We will stop here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Weekend Brunchnouvrieg23Dined on 2/16/2014Excellent food!! Our kids choose Uptown every time we give them a choice -- and all four teenagers always agree!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice menuMsTechDirDined on 2/16/2014The menu offers selections for Everyone from meat eaters to vegetarians to Vegans. Very good food with very good Service.Special Features:
- Living in an Uptown WorldUptownGuyDined on 1/19/2014This is, obviously, THE place for brunch in Michiana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always have a great timeKarlos365Dined on 12/20/2013I always have a great time when I eat and drink at your establishmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great! ExtensiveFoodieDined on 12/8/2013Food was great! Extensive brunch menu available. Everyone loved the stuffed french toast. I got the 2 eggs dish, but my poached eggs were overdone. The yolks weren't runny. Still would rate this restaurant and its food great though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!FamilyBirthdayDined on 12/8/2013As always, Uptown Kitchen was delicious. The service was superb and, despite the busy time, the noise level was fairly low.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great weekday placeAlexDined on 11/6/2013We had a wonderful dinner on a Wednesday night. It was a little quieter than usual, but that was probably due to the rain.Special Features:
- The restaurant was beginningApotterDined on 11/3/2013The restaurant was beginning to get crowded, which we were expecting the Sunday after a home football game. However the staff were all extremely polite, attentive, and took their time with each table. The specials that day all sounded fantastic. I ordered a gilled vegetable frittata, which came out perfectly. Great atmosphere, great service, great food.Special Features:
- Tasty, healthy and funShrazzyVIPDined on 11/2/2013We were a party of 4 arriving after the Saturday football game. Service was fast, friendly and attentive. All our dishes were great: steak, pizza, chicken, grilled ahi tuna salad, cheese course, chocolate cake. Fresh ingredients, carefully prepared, some really thoughtful original preparations. Steak and tuna were rare at our request. Broad enough menu selection to accommodate various ages, diets, with a tendency toward healthful food. The ganache cake even tasted rather nontraditional and lower-fat, so keep that in mind if ordering dessert. (The flavor was fine and no complaints from the pizza-eater who ordered it.) Ambience was bright, modern, comfortable. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nov 1 2013 visit to Uptown KitchenAvondinerVIPDined on 11/1/2013After waiting 15 minutes for waiter to arrive my wife and I decided to leave. We asked the hostess to re-seat us and she was very uncooperative. She said that if we returned to our seats she would get server to come over right away. Returned to seats and waited another 10 minutes for server. Managers were walking around restaurant and appeared to know of our situation but never bothered to come and check on us. Eventually server arrived but at that point the object was to order and get out as quick as possible.Special Features:
- have eaten here several timesjj22Dined on 11/1/2013have eaten here several times in last 5 years.. service is ALWAYS too slow.. too much wait time to get the food other than that... excellent excellent place. cake to die for!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighbohood bar and grillBoazDined on 11/1/2013Very nice neighborhood bar and grill, family setting, kid friendly, quite setting with plenty of room between tables for comfort. Moderatly priced menu, average selection, services was fast and pleasant but did knot feel rushed. Would return.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free Diners RejoiceGinnyB50VIPDined on 10/27/2013So many different items are slated to be gluten free my GF kid had a hard time deciding what to eat! Ate brunch and specials as well as regular menu items for our group were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.