Upstream Brewing Company - Old Market
514 S. 11th St.
Omaha, NE 68102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Old Market
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Upstream Brewing Company - Old Market
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.upstreambrewing.com/
- Phone: (402) 344-0200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Gary Hoffman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The restaurant's extensive catering options allow you to enjoy the Upstream's outstanding food and hand crafted beers at any venue, or in the comfort of your own home. Contact Carrie Dayton.
- Private Party Facilities: The Old Market Party Room offers more than 1,500 square feet of space for hosting casual or special occasion events. Unique features include a beautifully restored antique bar, a private billiards room and private restrooms. The entire second floor of the restaurant can be reserved for larger functions, and semi-private spaces are available for casual business dinners, retirement parties, reunions, or birthday festivities.
- Private Party Contact: Maria Czechut 4023448013
- Entertainment: The billiards area offers full size pool tables, a selection of video games and a jukebox. Flat screen televisions in the billiards and bar areas make the Upstream the perfect spot to watch your favorite sports events.
- Special Events: Looking for Happy Hour? We have got it!! Monday-Friday 3-6pm pints of Upstream beers are only $2.50. We also feature $3.75 UV or Tangueray Martinis, as well as $3.25 Premium Well Cocktails. Not to mention, $2.00 off our house wines by the glass and $3.75 Cuervo Margaritas. Pair these drink specials with Half Price Appetizers and you can't go wrong! Happy hour is available when you are seated at either one of our bars, our 1st level wood floor, Billards hall, and our upstairs deck. Can't make it for these times, try our Reverse Happy Hour, Monday-Thursday 11Pm-1Am and Friday & Saturday 11Pm- 2AM. Featuring Rotating Cacktail,Shot Specials and FREE POOL! Reverse Happy Hour does not include Half Price Appetizers.
- Cross Street: 11th & Jackson
- Public Transit: Upstream Brewing Company and the Old Market area are easily accessible by Metro Area Transit bus routes 10 and 13 and Express route 95.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is available in the neighborhood, as well as in private lots immediately across the street.
A word from Upstream Brewing Company - Old Market
Since opening in 1996, Upstream Brewing Company has become well known for its great food, friendly service, terrific beer and casual upscale atmosphere. Featuring an extensive menu of new American pub fare including: Omaha’s best appetizers and thin-crust pizzas, pub favorites, superb steaks featuring hand cut “Omaha Steaks” beef, fresh fish, pasta dishes, main course salads, hearty sandwiches and, a great children’s menu. The fully stocked bars feature our award winning fresh, handcrafted beers and root beer on tap. An extensive wine list with over 100 selections has been recognized with multiple Wine Spectator Magazine Awards of Excellence. Large parties are welcome and we multiple options for seating large groups is available. Banquet rooms are also available. Named "One of Omaha’s Top Ten Restaurants" by the Omaha World Herald, and the winner of 14 “Best of Omaha” Awards, Upstream Brewing Company is the ideal gathering place for any group.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Upstream Brewing Company - Old Market - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Old Market ›
Upstream Brewing Company - Old Market reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (22)great for outdoor dining (15)fit for foodies (15)vibrant bar scene (14)special occasion (13)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (11)hot spot (9)great for brunch (7)late-night find (7)romantic (4)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Not so good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014There were four of us, all adults, who ate at Upstream on Saturday evening. The hostess forgot to call us after we'd been waiting in the bar for over an hour. When we finally got to our table our waitress took a very long time getting our drinks to us, she did not check in with us for refills or to see how our meal was. Two of us ordered the raspberry chicken and neither thought it was worthwhile; it was flavorless and dry. One ordered the italiaino pizza and it was mediocre. The fourth ordered the lamb and was happy. However, the bar was great and the spinach artichoke dip appetizer was delicious....we were hoping the rest of the meal would be the same. And, why, if you are paying a pricey dollar for a meal, why don't you get a salad or a soup with it? We will never go to Upstream again, it was a disappointment.
- Upstream Brewing is a delight!GypsyDined on 11/20/2014We are new to the area and were looking for somewhere to take an out-of-town guest staying in the Old Market area. I found Upstream online and made reservations. The four of us all very much enjoyed the food. The service was efficient but unobtrusive. We thoroughly enjoyed Upstream and plan to come again--this time for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and tastelessTable4sixDined on 11/18/2014The lower level is loud. One cannot talk with any table mates except those right next to you. The food was plenty, colorful, but rather tasteless -- bland.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great times.KjellDined on 11/16/2014We have had several dinners and Sunday Buffets at the Old Market. It has quickly become a favorite for my wife and I. We have taken out of town friends and family there and they think it is great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upstream Old MarketEllieBDined on 11/14/2014We were seated on time. We told our server we had to be somewhere at a certain time and our food and drinks were served in a timely manner. We never felt rushed and the manager checked with us twice to see if we needed anything. We would definitely return for the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good timeHFTJDined on 10/25/2014I had made the reservation online so there wasn't any wait getting seated. However, they apparently forgot to tell any of the wait staff that we were their table. After 10 minutes or so another waitress came by and asked if we would like something to drink and stated that she didn't know who was to be our server. She brought out the requested water promptly, and after a short while she returned and took our food order. Other than that issue, we had a wonderful meal. I had the Greek Salad and Steak Medallions and I was very satisfied with both. I would recommend the restaurant to friends and family. The entire establishment was rather loud, but particularly where we were seated as there were three large groups nearby.Special Features:
- A bit disappointedLisiDined on 10/4/2014I have eaten here many times and have always enjoyed it and had at least a 4 star experience. I have ordered the specials before, too. This time, I ordered the Stuffed Sole special. The portion size was too small and there was barely any flavor. And for some reason, even though the food came out very fast after we ordered, the temperature was luke warm. If I hadn't been here before, I would not return after this weekend's experience. But since I know it can be great, I will return and give it another try.Special Features:
- LunchtimeDined on 9/28/2014Great place to meet friends to eat. Got a table outside on a lovely day; can not ask for anything better. Food was great; veggies really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Took a group from work. Food and service were awesome. Good place for big groups or just couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and Drinks!dimplesDined on 9/18/2014My first time in Omaha with two friends and Old Market was recommended. Based on reviews and the online menu we chose Upstream for dinner. We had the artichoke dip appetizer which was phenomenal. For dinner we each had a steak; all were cooked perfectly and tender. The eggplant "fries" were even fantastic as a side. Dessert - I highly suggest the caramel bread pudding! So good. Would absolutely come back were I in town again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local restaurant supporterLuvOmahaFoodDined on 9/17/2014We typically have had better experiences here. Our dinner was mediocre if not less. The best part was the appetizer/quesadilla. Unfortunately, even the mudslide brûlée was a disappointment. We will try again however in support of our city's wonderful variety of local restaurants.Special Features:
- Lunch with kidsMollyMaeDined on 9/13/2014Good choices for kids. The chicken strips were large. The kids could have split a meal. Our food was tasty and hot. We had the artichoke dip. It was very filling because of the because of the large chunksof toasted bread. I had a bowl of the chili and it was exactly what I was expecting. The burger my husband ordered had a homemade bun. It was the right size and texture. It was perfect. Getting the bill took a little longer than I would have liked but overall it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticWadeDined on 9/12/2014Food was fantastic. Our server was knowledgeable and very friendly. Great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EaglefanDined on 9/5/2014Pot roast was dry. Raspberry glazed chicken breast ho-hum. Turtle cheesecake was excellent. Attending concert at Century Link, this restaurant convenient...won't rush back.
- Sirloin DisappointsDinersDelightVIPDined on 8/25/2014Passing through Omaha tHis restaurant was chosen for its great reviews so I assume the Chef had to be off the Monday night we had dinner there. Every part of my meal failed. The sirloin was bland, no seasoning available to improve the flavor, , the brown reduction heavy bland cream for the steak was hidden under the too lightly dressed arugula salad which was difficult to extract, the petit fries lost its temperature quickly and was served with a heavy white cream sauce and lastly the added 5 shrimp came out late and no evidence they were grilled.
- great findlove2eatDined on 8/23/2014Great food and service. Kids are welcome. Really enjoyed craft beers and veggie pizza. Great dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice beer and foodMasatoDined on 8/17/2014I seated out side of building with my wife and kids. nice view to old market blick building , breeze and service. There is nice beer choise, and food choise include kids.Special Features:
- Good FoodJayhawkChefDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant served excellent food and had a wide-variety of choices available for the evening meal. As a micro-brewery, several craft beers were available as well along with a few seasonal beers. The restaurant was very loud and service was very good, but not great.Special Features:
- Meh.lizlovestoeatVIPDined on 8/10/2014Usually, I have a good experience here. I wasn't really impressed this time. No kids menu. I wanted to do a beer sampling. The waiter recommended a flight for me. I didn't like any of the beers in the flight. Only 1 was even drinkable. He never checked on me or asked me how they were. Frankly, when I didn't drink any of them you would think he might offer something else. The food was okay, not wonderful. If I do come here again, I won't get any beer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!BecLovesFootballDined on 8/1/2014We were visiting Omaha for the weekend and choose Upstream for dinner the first night, the food was great, service was terrific and of course their beer selection is awesome. Definitely worth trying, we will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 419 reviews are from the Upstream Brewing Company - Old Market reviews archive.
- not your average breweryfoodiefamilyDined on 7/26/2014We often visit brewery restaurants (my husband is a beer geek). My daughter isn't always a fan since you usually get standard pub fare and she's quite the foodie (and not old enough to sample the beer). We were all happy with our visit to Upstream. The waiter was attentive and knowledgable about both the food and the beer, and both were excellent. The beer-cheese soup was the best we've sampled to date.Special Features:
- northof60Dined on 7/26/2014Enjoyed the outdoor patio, beautifil night, fun atmosphere, what else to say to get to 50 charcters in length.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Damn good brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014I took my office staff to Sunday brunch here. I was pleasantly surprised. They have a huge selection of food on this buffet. It was much better than expected. Food was very good as well. I didn't find one thing that was not very good. I'll go back.Special Features:
- Mediocre FoodKF2designsVIPDined on 7/18/2014The food is ok. They feature Omaha Steaks which are of good quality but I just think the preparation was off as my rare steak was quite tough and flavorless. It is a very busy restaurant and the actual space is very pleasant but the food is more like eating at Chili's. Fairly expensive for average or below average food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Great food. The beer cheese soup is so good. Next time I will do the bowl instead of the cup. Chocolate creme brûlée was very good. We took it to go and the serving portion was more than adequate for two people. Need to frequent Upstream more often.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerKjellDined on 7/8/2014I took my wife Vicki there for her Birthday dinner and we had a great time. We loved the Old Market building with the old warehouse look. The food was great and we absolutely loved the Bread Pudding dessert. It is well worth going there and we plan to go back soon.Special Features:
- SGADFDADined on 7/4/2014Service was great but the steak was medium well instead of medium. The steak was delicious but the edges were burnt. Soup was delicious. Never had Omaha steaks before. Had it been made medium it may have been of the steaks I have ever tasted.
- SGADFDADined on 7/4/2014Jake did a good job as the waiter/bartender. The artichoke dip was great. Great place to visit for happy hour. I recommend going upstairs and eat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014The Brunch menu and large selection made it a wonderful experience for the whole family.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingUnderwhelmingDined on 6/27/2014We decided to hit the Upstream while in Omaha. The hostesses were nice and we decided to sit outside to enjoy the view and the nice weather. We were not greeted for over 7 minutes. When we did finally flag down a server he told us, "We're busy, there are only two of us." He came back and tossed the menus on our table and left. I've been "in the weeds" before when I was a server, so I understand his frustration--THE MANAGER SHOULD HAVE MORE SERVERS ON THE FLOOR ON A FRIDAY--but do not toss menus at us and walk away. We actually had a different server, a young lady, and she was nice and got our order going. Food was out quickly, but it wasn't anything spectacular. Beer was okay too--just like other microbreweries--nothing special.Special Features:
- Good & Speedy!MartyPartyDined on 6/17/2014We went to Upstream during the College World Series. It was very full. I was glad we made a reservation and nervous that it was going to be a bad experience. BUT, they got us right in, we were served quickly, drinks were kept full, & the food was well-made and delivered very quickly, as well. We got the fried pickle chips, I got the angelhair pasta with vodka sauce, which were both quite good and they allowd me to substitute chicken for shrimp without any hassle, and then I had the creme brulee, which was amazing! Rich but not overwhelming. Definitely would return and try a different type of food on their menu, the pizzas and burgers sounded great, as well. Seems to be something for everyone, hereSpecial Features:
- Servicejamaica13Dined on 6/15/2014Unfriendly wait staff. Food was not replenished in a timely manner. Round roast or whatever it was; raw and couldnt cut through it. Told the waitress and she acted as though she could care less. Not a good experience. I used to frequently come there but clearly service has declined. Would not recommend...
- FoodSSAMDined on 6/12/2014We always enjoy Up Stream!! The good much longer, then normal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/4/2014Service was a little slow. It took about 40 minutes to get our burgers.Special Features:
- Great food and drinks!MarkDined on 5/24/2014I loved the food and beer selection! The food was delivered quickly! The beer was delicious! I would highly recommend this to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend diningmuffybDined on 5/24/2014I was in Omaha for the weekend looking for a nice place to eat dinner before attending a performance at the Theater. The food was very good and it was nice to be able to make reservations on line. The noise level was good it was nice to be able to visit with friends and not have to shout. Prices were reasonable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Old Market optionTimHVIPDined on 5/24/2014Terrific calamari with banana peppers....a wonderful appetizer. Steak was good and very flavorful but the salmon tasted a bit old and fishy. Nice wine selection.
- Night outDinnerbelleDined on 5/23/2014I made 6:00 reservations for our family of 7 to eat prior to going to the 8:00 show at the Orpheum. Holiday weekend and lots going on and I was hoping we'd be seated and served in a timely manner. The drinks were a little slow getting to us, but the quick food delivery more than made up for it. Everything was delicious and we had plenty of time to get to the show. The restaurant is loud, but not overwhelming. We were happy with this restaurant choice and will most likely do this again sometime!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/23/2014We gave eaten here before and the food was very good, however this visit was very disappointing. The pot roast was extremely dry and even the dessert brownie was hard and even used a knife to cut it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014The service was very slow. Not sure if the waitress was overtasked or just not good at her job. Waied 20 minutes for the bill after asking. She also forgot to put half of the leftovers in the to go box. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.