239 3rd Avenue
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thestandnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 677-2600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:00pm-4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday -Tuesday : 5:00pm - 12:AM
Wednesday-Saturday : 5PM - 2AM
Brunch: Saturday-Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 5PM-7PM
*** Open Table Reservations are for the restaurant only. ***
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Seth Levine
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Two level restaurant with a comedy club downstairs 7 nights a week and multiple shows starting at 7pm to 2am.
A word from The Stand
The Stand, located in the Gramercy section of New York City is an intimate restaurant & cocktail bar above the critically acclaimed comedy club, The Stand. Come enjoy weekend brunch and dinner prepared by critically acclaimed chef,Seth Levine(Sons of Essex/RSVP) & cocktails created by Minetta Tavern bartenders Mark Noonan & Cameron Dale.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Stand reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (3)good for groups (2)late-night find (2)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)romantic (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- BartenderLennyDined on 11/9/2014Amazing drinks and also we got a great brunch! Ask and try all of their cocktails!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 73 reviews are from the The Stand reviews archive.
- Boozy brunchSul89Dined on 7/26/2014Great place for unlimited drinks brunch. The food was amazing. Make sure you have a reservation because they were completely booked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stand down pleaseYelrahc4Dined on 7/24/2014I wasn't pleased with the food at all. Everything was super salty. We had the "shrimp tempura" for an appetizer. I'm not sure how they categorized that as tempura but it was just a disappointment. The fish and chips were salt with waffle fries and fried batter with a little bit of fish. It was hard to tackle the food but I must say the drinks were a saving grace. Just go for drinks not the food.
- Brunch All DaycitygirlVIPDined on 7/20/2014We went on a Sunday and were able to have brunch items even at 5pm - the best. The noise level/ambience is a bit annoying if there is a group who likes to get loud (and there was). The acoustics in the upstairs area are not the best but the food definitely makes up for that. Worth checking out!Special Features:
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/19/2014the best brunch we ever had. food is fantastic. service is excellent and endless none stop Bloody Mary and pretty much any other drinks you can think of are super strong. make sure not to drive there, take the train or a cab. my second time there and will definitely be going back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!AJA1026Dined on 5/8/2014Came for my boyfriend's birthday this past week. Had the most delicious duck "pizzette" as our entrees - highly recommended to any duck fans .. served in a plum sauce with goat cheese!; started with the bone marrow dumplings (to die for!) and the tuna tartare cannolis (interesting but still yummy! very unique). cocktails are strong - try the new raj if you're a gin fan. great service, great food. will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodManhattaniteVIPDined on 5/6/2014The Stand is my currently my favorite restaurant. They serve the most amazing food that it's atypical of "bar food". I highly recommend the hanger steak; followed by Peking Duck pizzette. The chef is wonderful. The wait staff is also very attentive. Love this place, but I have yet to go downstairs to Comedy Club area.Special Features:
- Awesome waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014We were here for Easter brunch and the one waiter on staff for the entire restaurant was just fantastic. He was slammed but still managed to be attentive and handled every table with good humor and great service. The kitchen must have been slammed as well as the food was a bit slow coming out, which was only a problem for us as we had kids with us. Food was great, kids loved the cookie dough pancakes!Special Features:
- Dinner and laughsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2014We really enjoyed the Stand for both dinner, and the hilarious comedy show that followed. At first they awkwardly seated us at a table right next to the kitchen door (when there were other more cozy, less traffic areas available), but I am assuming this was an oversight, because after they kindly moved us tables, the rest of the experience was fantastic. The drink list was fabulous, food unique and delicious, and the laughs downstairs were flowing! It was definitely a highlight of our trip to New York!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best comedy ever !MeggieDined on 4/16/2014Great food and laughs ! Can't wait to come back. The service was top notch and we will recommend this to anyone and everyone looking for a great time in NYC .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friend and I were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014My friend and I were very excited to catch up over brunch and The Stand had a great deal on Urban Daddy and a delicious-looking menu. However, it took them over 30 minutes to seat us, regardless of our reservation and then it took an additional 20 minutes (and we had to ask) before the waiter even brought us water. Service was spotty and we were mostly ignored the entire time, which made it hard to enjoy what would have been a delicious meal in a fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- Tater Tots OmeletEjamesVIPDined on 4/5/2014Go. Eat. This. Or anything else on the menu, its all great stuff! My friend and I went for Brunch, shared the Tot Omelet & the Peking Duck Benedict... Yea. Peking Duck. It was so good! Ready to go back for more! The staff was friendly & attentive and the whole experience was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations don't mean anything heOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/29/2014You're guaranteed to wait at least an additional half hour beyond your reservation to be seated. Not because it's crowded. Just because it's small and it seems to be poorly timed, judging by others' numerous complaints. At least we enjoyed most of our order, however. Surprisingly nice decor and ambiance for a comedy show venue. Service was silent, but glasses were regularly refilled.Special Features:
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014The service was pretty slow and our server was extremely awkward; she would walk over and then turn around without speaking to us or refilling our drinks. The cookie dough pancakes were good, but there were only two, small pancakes per plate. We also ordered a side of bacon that didn't come until we had completed our meals. The hostess was rude and had an attitude. The only positive part of the experience was that we had a certificate for bottomless mimosas. I would not go back again.
- Great Food at a BAR / comedy club!ManhattaniteVIPDined on 3/18/2014As always the food was very good and the waiter was attentive. We love the duck pizza which was very filling. You will be pleasantly surprised by the high-quality meals which not typically "bar" food. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great for BrunchCRBokenDined on 3/15/2014Fun menu (cookie dough pancakes, chicken and waffles, stuffed french toast), great atmosphere for brunch. Limited seating so reservation is definitely necessary. Our waitress was great, very friendly and did not rush us out when we were done with the meal. Very generous portion size. Would definitely return for brunch!Special Features:
- Dinner & a ShowGaivotaDined on 3/8/2014There is a comedy show downstairs so it is a great spot to spend the evening. There are 3 sets a night so you have plenty of options for eating and laughing. The food is great, the menu is simple and far from fancy. The staff are very pleasant and full of charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dry, overcooked, overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/2/2014Dry, overcooked, overpriced food. Do not recommend.
- Good foodhoneybunnDined on 3/1/2014I loved the cheese burger dumplings and truffle mac and cheese. Smooth environment with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The brunch is unbelievable!!KevlaarVIPDined on 2/23/2014My wife and I go to brunch at least twice a month at spots throughout Manhattan and Brooklyn. This was one of our favorite experiences of all! We had the cookie dough pancakes and red velvet waffles, and my god, they were delicious! Our waiter was incredibly charming and completely added to the ambiance. We can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food!ManhattaniteVIPDined on 2/22/2014We're back for the food which is delicious every time. I had the duck pizzette which was really delicious. It was actually big enough for 2 people to share. The duck was perfect (with no fat at all). The thin crust was well flavored and ideal bed for goat cheese etc. My son enjoyed the seared tuna very much. The place was a bit noisy this time, but it's Saturday. Some of the comedians were waiting in the bar area before they were to perform downstairs where the comedy show is held. Very happy with the consistently well prepared, "un" bar-like menu. The chef is well trained for sure. Highly recommend. We will definitely be back. (And the waiter from our 1st visit 2 wks ago, returned my credit card to me before I sat down!)Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!KaLoves2EatDined on 2/16/2014Always a great time at the STAND. Visited for a post Valentines Dy brunch and walked away stuffed and tipsy! Thanks Graham! Best server PERIOD!Special Features:
- Surprisingly GREAT Food!DJVinCTVIPDined on 2/15/2014Greeted immediately, sat promptly and the waiter was fast, attentive, funny and made our dinner that much better. I was completely surprised by how good the food was. We got the Mozz ball salad to share and it was great. It was over tomatoes and pesto with a balsamic glaze. Then I (reluctantly) ordered the filet mignon + my wife got the hangar steak. And um, no bullsh*t, the filet may have been top 5 I've ever had. Asked for medium + it was perfectly cooked. The mashed potatoes & asparagus were good. My wife loved her steak as well with the waffle fries. Only negative, they were a bit salty. Finally, we got the S'Mores tower and if you like a chocolate mess (which we do!!!), you will love this. We killed it and almost licked the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodManhattaniteVIPDined on 2/12/2014We were a bit put off by the blue neon sign, but the glass door opened into a wide reception area which is part of the bar area. I liked the chicken pilaf although some of it was a tad dry. However, the entire dish was well prepared overall. My friend found his hanger steak to be quite delicious. The fries were good too. We didn't have any alcoholic drinks in spite of being in a bar. Since we dined in the upstairs section which is the ground floor part, we can't review the downstair comedy room. This is only a review of the UPSTAIRS section. (Also the waiter forgot to give my credit card back to me. I noticed later and just cancelled the card when no one answered the phone.) We will return again for the good food.Special Features:
- Great friendly servicekimhDined on 2/8/2014Enjoyed the service, food & location... great price, good food, good service, what more do you need?Special Features:
- Cute SpotKrisVIPDined on 2/7/2014When it's freezing cold outside its amazing to find a restaurant with a comedy club right below. The food was interesting, if your on a diet this isn't the place for you! The comedians were funny, some were better than others but over ally friends and I all enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's up at the StandILoveFoodVIPDined on 2/4/2014On a Tuesday night if you want some decent cocktails and quite time to talk to your friend, then this works. We were one of three tables, which was nice because we could hear each other. We had some drinks and the food was decent. So its not a bad go to. But not mind blowing.
- Staff was extremely rude !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014Went here for a birthday with some friends for my 29th birthday. Food was delicious but not worth the $ for the amount of food you get, portions are extremely small! The hostess ( guy that brought everyone down to the show) was extremely rude and threatening to kick us out if we talked before we even sat down. Wouldn't recommend this place for a group, only couples. First comedy club I went to where they scorn you for laughing! Told us to keep it down multiple times- if your old and boring and want to go here great! if your young and want to have a good time, not recommended. Comedians were not that impressive. Waiter awesome, the only good part of the night! Comedy Cellar 100x better
- UnacceptableLameDined on 1/26/2014I live a block away and decided to try it out. I had a reservation for 1pm for Sunday brunch for two. My friend showed up at 12:58pm just as they seated two people at the last available table. I showed up at 1:01pm. I had to chase the host down to see when we would be seated. After twenty minutes of waiting we left. What is the point of making a reservation when it's first come, first serve regardless? We ended up going to another place next door. Even though they're close I won't be trying them out again.
- Empty for brunch but great foodLb366VIPDined on 1/25/2014good food and service do not recommend for brunch if you want a happening crowdSpecial Features:
- GREAT LAST MIN FUN..MIKEDined on 1/17/2014GREAT PLACE I WOULD RECOMMEND IT FOR ANYONE. GOOD COMEDY, HOST WAS ON TOP OF HIS GAME. COUPLE OF JERKS IN THE CROUD, BUT THEY WERE ON TOP OF IT, VERY FRIENDLY AND GOOD SERVICE. ONLY THING IS, I WOULD LOOSE THE TV"S DURING DINNER... OVER ALL 8 OUT OF 10~ 10 BEING THE BEST....Special Features:
- Graham our waiter was theKaLoves2EatDined on 1/12/2014Graham our waiter was the absolute BEST. Cant go wrong with anything on the menu! Bottomless mimosas are heaven!Special Features:
- I loved every minute thereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014My fiancé and I had a great time from food and drinks. We loved our waiter he was so funny and down to earth. We loved every minutes of this place. We also loved the comedy show downstairs. This place is so worth the money. xoxoxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SkeptacleLuv2eatOutDined on 12/30/2013I was skeptical when I saw the establishment . The restaurant had a only a few patrons which indicates to me maybe the food is not too good. Then I looked for a board of health placard and did not see one. The food was ok, but the table for two was too easy to tip over if you lean on it to get up. The entertainment was surprisingly good. Since my first impression of the place was not good. Good comics.
- Great Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013The bar manager was awesome. We had so much fun and he was extremely helpful in suggesting the perfect meals. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodDG102VIPDined on 12/15/2013To be concise, excellent food. The waiter was quick, intelligent, and able to make perfect food and drink recommendations. Definitely a place we'll frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotMhoustonVIPDined on 11/30/2013Didn't go for the comedy show but instead had a great brunch on a Monday morning. The service was fast and the food was good. It was quiet, but we went during their off hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comedy show and good foodWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 11/16/2013Upstairs, great eats, downstairs, good times. Can't go wrong.
- Okay but wouldn't recommend itAStathisVIPDined on 11/16/2013While the staff was very friendly and accommodating and the atmosphere for our specific needs were good since there was no one else in the restaurant for brunch and it was dead silent, I would not recommend this to a friend for brunch. As mentioned, we were the only people in it and the food was okay but nothing special. It definitely wasn't terrible but wasn't something you would come to NYC for. Prices were reasonable, which I guess is a plus. As a comedy club, I'm sure its great, just not really a good brunch spot.
- Deliciously coolShoegal21Dined on 11/11/2013Nice little restaurant/bar with a stand up show going on downstairs as well. Our waiter was awesome! Very funny and attentive. The food was delicious... The duck pizzete was the best! The crab sandwich was good too...brussels sprouts also really good as well as the tuna tartare canolis... Great hangout spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.