1160 Polk Street
San Francisco, CA 94108Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://upcidersf.com/
- Phone: 4159311797
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from UpCider
Upcider is a new cider house-gastropub in San Francisco. We have a wide variety of hard ciders, beers, wines and a delicious late night light-fare menu. Our restaurant is uniquely designed to create an inviting, contemporary and relaxed atmosphere, where you can enjoy dinner and drinks overlooking Polk Street. We are located on the 2nd floor at 1160 Polk St. at the corner of Polk and Sutter Streets, one of the busiest corners in the neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
UpCider reviews from OpenTable diners
- Didn't Card for ItPlanetRVIPDined on 10/31/2013Service was so slow. Ended up only trying one cider and an appetizer. Didn't care much for either so left to have our main course elsewhere. Way to noisy, couldn't hear each other speak.
- Busy Night but Good drinks & FoodNytemareDined on 10/17/2013I had a reservation and It was a busy night when i was there. The service wasn't great (we were overlooked for quite some time before anyone even asked if we wanted drinks) but i'm chalking it up to the fact that it was a bit chaotic and my date was there a bit before me (i'm sure they checked in with her initially and she said she was waiting for someone so that took our table off the radar.) Once our ciders and food arrived it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cider & people watchinglily010Dined on 10/5/2013With so many ciders to choose from, it was difficult to pick just one. We're definitely coming back on a weeknight for a tasting flight. The intensely flavorful food paired well with the fruity bubbliness of the cider. There is also bar seating that wraps around along giant windows, so you can watch the antics of Polk St.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great cider-based gastropubOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/7/2013I came here primarily for the cider list, and was not disappointed - it ran to 3 pages, maybe 60 or so ciders, about equally split between domestics and foreign. The latter included ciders from the UK, France, and Spain (Basque), which I expected, but also some from unexpected places like Germany and New Zealand. They also had a decent craft beer menu. The food was quite tasty, mostly small plates. We had the spinach and gruyere flatbread, salmon sliders, calamari with preserved lemons, and zucchini cakes, as well as a cherry tomato gaspacho that was a special that day. And, best of all, it's kind of an undiscovered gem - we got there at 7 on Sunday night and it was almost empty; we stayed until around 10 and it never got crowded or noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, disconnected serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/1/2013Enjoyed the food, nice change of pace for the area. Service was a little disconnected from us. It's okay to check up on us, offer us refills on our empty glasses, etc. I'll check it out again as we liked it overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True to its name, UpciderRedmondDined on 3/2/2013True to its name, Upcider features a long list of ciders. We tried one if the JK Scrumpys and thoroughly enjoyed it. We also tried (and enjoyed) two of the flatbreads.Special Features:
- A little too much of the unecessarySgtjojoDined on 2/28/2013Too much empty space, too many beer / cider / ale selections and too dark of an ambience. It reminded me of being stuck in a downtrodden cabin. The only upside of my drinking experience here, is this is where I met my boyfriend. We both agreed not to go again.Special Features:
- Great food, request a tableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/4/2013The food here is amazing. All of the sliders we tried were great. I'd probably skip the shrimp and buffalo fries appetizers in favor of something different next time. The cider selection was pretty good, but 90% could be found at a good liquor store - I was hoping for more options on draught. Be sure to request a table if you are coming with a group. I had a reservation for 4 and they sat us at the bar tables along the edge of the restaurant making conversation and food-sharing very difficult.Special Features: