Up The Creek
223 Gore Creek Dr., Suite 103
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Up The Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vailupthecreek.com/
- Phone: 9704768141
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Douglas McAvity
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant is available for private functions. We offer buy-outs for large parties and can handle smaller parties in our regular service. Our creek side location is the perfect setting for rehearsal dinners, weddings, and corporate events.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Stadler 9704768141
A word from Up The Creek
Up the Creek Bar and Grill has been family operated since 1988. In our effort to serve only great, healthy, sustainable food we source our ingredients locally as much as possible, and use additive free, grass fed and environmentally responsible products. Try some of our hand muddled specialty cocktails, local micro brews, or enjoy a bottle of wine from our extensive list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Up The Creek - Best Restaurants in Vail ›
Up The Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (37)scenic view (35)fit for foodies (15)romantic (14)great for lunch (13)neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (9)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (4)good for groups (3)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Talk about perfect!FastidiousVIPDined on 8/24/2014This restaurant is up the creek from the double bridges off the village. Sitting outside, you have the creek and the activity, and in the evening sunset. The wait staff were as friendly and interactive of any restaurant I have ever been to. They feed off each other, letting you know how good they feel about the food, and they help each other to provide excellent service. Of course the most important part is the food: varied, nice presentation and delicious. We visit Vail maybe once every couple of years. This is restaurant I want to go back to every time!Special Features:
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Dinner and drinks were excellent. We had a table by the window which was lovely. The hostess was so sweet and Kenny, our waiter couldn't have been more accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikerocketDined on 8/19/2014had wonderful Ruby Trout. A LOCAL GEM , FOOD IS ALWAYS GOODSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Love eating out on the deck. The Rubin sandwich was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoemDined on 8/15/2014Entries where better last year Short rib entre was a little plainSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Old FriendVailSkiBumDined on 8/5/2014We've been dining at Up The Creek off and on over 20 years, but had drifted away to other local spots lately. We took some out-of-town friends there the other night an had an absolutely wonderful time - we had forgotten just how good the food was, and the location is wonderful on a warm summer evening when all the doors are open. Highly Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great!ColleenDined on 8/4/2014This was my second visit in two weeks and the food and service were great! Can't wait to go to Up the Creek again next summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haley, You made our night!FoodieDined on 8/3/2014Our patio request got rained out but the staff was fun and accommodating! We had an excellent dinner! Would eat there every night! Thanks for such a great dining experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Was our favorite luncheon spot in Vail, but will NOT go back. Wait person was rude, and inattentive.
- We never missDrJohnVIPDined on 7/31/2014This place has really great food and wonderful food, but the ambience is a killer -- you almost sit in the creek as you dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/24/2014I've been coming here for 25 years, seems the menu has change. I miss the pasta dishes. Like the fresh veggie side dishes.Special Features:
- Great foodMommajudyDined on 7/24/2014Fish tacos were awesome and staff was so accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always charmingGoodeggs123Dined on 7/24/2014It continues to provide good food in a lovely setting. Patio tables the best place to be.Special Features:
- Relaxing nightAubbieVIPDined on 7/23/2014We have dined at Up the Creek before but not in the past few years. We were seated by a window which allowed us to have a view of Gpre Creek. Bailey was the most wonderful server. She was very attentive and polite, checking on our food and pouring wine but never bothering us too much. The salads are delicious and my husband and I ended up making dinner from the starters section of the menu and were not disappointed. Definitely will return on our next Vail visit.mSpecial Features:
- love the viewNancygDined on 7/19/2014yummy food with a view! great wait staff. sit outside on the patio if you canSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Vail RestaurantDonHVIPDined on 7/19/2014We have not been here often but they never disappoint. The patio was not open when we arrived but they moved us as soon as it did to the Creekside view. On a summer night, this place can't be beat. Food is good and the staff is very friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Try the TroutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014I always get the same thing -- the trout, served with a side of chunky potatoes, spinach & crab in a wonderful mustard sauce. The Hanna Sauvignon Blanc (Russian river Valley 2013) was perfect with the trout. Their calamari appetizer is yummy & a different preparation than the usual deep fried rubber bands. Skip the mussels....they were small and shriveled up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best outdoor ambiance in VailtexastravellerDined on 7/14/2014Dinner was great, but the outdoor view was especially memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy Up the CreekColleenDined on 7/11/2014We have been visiting Vail for over 20 years and have eaten at Up the Creek many times over those years. It has always been a pleasure to dine there. Situated along Gore Creek the views are great anytime of the year.Special Features:
- We were hoping for more303DinerDined on 7/4/2014Calamari was rubbery, lobster risotto had a strong fishy smell, halibut was fair. The restaurant was well located on the creek near the bridge but that was the highlight of the meal. Prices do not commensurate with the quality.Special Features:
- Near the top of the 2nd tierabbitfdVIPDined on 6/28/2014There are 3 "finest" dining restaurants in my view in the Vail Valley plus many wannabes. Up the Creek is a small unpretentious "fine" dining restaurant. We did a late after concert dinner there. My wife had vegetable ceviche and a calamari. I had beef Carpaccio and a potato gnocchi. We selected a table that was not outside, but was just behind the rolling wall that overlooks gore creek. The food was well prepared and tasty. The wine list is medium sized but well constructed we had a wonderful bottle of a Tally, a bit uncommon. All in all every time we eat there (once per trip to the valley) and always find the food good. We treat it as not an everyday restaurant, but not a blow up your wallet once a year experience either.Special Features:
- Amazing dinner!USCMDDined on 6/28/2014Everything about this restaurant was exceptional. We had a beautiful table right on the creek. All the food was delicious. The braised short rib was the best I have eaten anywhere. We will definitely return to Up the Creek the next time we are in Vail.Special Features:
- datenightsDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I are from N.C. Visiting Vail for a mix of business/pleasure. Your restaurant was highly recommended to us by a local. We found the food, wine, and service the very best of our outings in Vail. We loved the outdoor scenic dining. The service was impeccable. Definitely on our list to enjoy again on our next trip to Vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/31/2014Went for dinner to try their lobster risotto. It was bland and tasteless with the exception of the lobster which was fishy. We will dine elsewhere in the future.Special Features:
- The following 218 reviews are from the Up The Creek reviews archive.
- Tasty Food and Excellent ServiceFrenchiefortheNightVIPDined on 4/12/2014We had a great meal during the closing winter week at Vail. The short rib was very tasty and we had excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 100% enjoyablejruchDined on 4/8/2014We were there as a group and had a perfect evening. We were able to visit, the staff were pleasant and gave us time to enjoy ourselves. Waiter made recommendations and never made us feel rushed. Setting was pleasant with view of creek. Everyone loved their dinners and ambianceSpecial Features:
- Consistently good!KemmcrothVIPDined on 3/24/2014We had another great meal at up the creek. The bison was tender and flavorful. The elk tenderloin with a coffee rub was yummy. Very nice wine selection. I recommend it to allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!LuvgoodeatsDined on 3/22/2014We ate at many of the new hot spots in Vail and then on our last night, we dined at Up The Creek. We have dined here several times over the years, but it had been quite some time. By far, it was our favorite once again! All the food was fresh and delicious. The service was great and they were very friendly. We had fish and game entrees and all were amazing!! We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time great choiceTBallDined on 3/19/2014Have been to Up the Creek on each visit to Vail since 1980's. Always can count on a quality experience. Great food, great location, great service!Special Features:
- This has become our new favoriteAnneVIPDined on 3/16/2014This has become our new favorite dining spot in Vail. Food and service are excellent, and the view of the Creek is lovely.
- Twice in a WeekjdantotherescueDined on 3/16/2014Had dinner there the first night of our Vail trip, then had lunch there in the middle of the week. Enjoyed the tasty trout for the dinner and their mixed salad for lunch with added grilled shrimp.Special Features:
- Noisy doctors otherwise greatGDMMDVIPDined on 3/12/2014It was our second time in 4 nights at our favorite Vail establishment and the food and service didn't lessen from previous experiences. The ribs and macaroni are unlike anywhere else! The specials this particular night (pumpkin gnochi) matched their signature dish. The only drawback this time was a table of two couples with at least two doctors (takes one to know one) regaling their dinner mates with stories of clinical prowess and financial success. That wouldn't have been so bad had it not been that no table in their vicinity could hear anything but their loud banter. Couldn't carry on a decent conversation at our table b/o the decibel level. Not the fault of the restaurant, but it is a small establishment so buyer beware.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every time we go, we haveCleoDined on 3/10/2014Every time we go, we have a great meal with excellent service.Special Features:
- Ribs & Mac...the best Anywhere!GDMMDVIPDined on 3/9/2014My family and I have gone to up the creek many times over the years. Each meal seems to get a little bit better. This time, we went boring. All four of us order the same braised ribs and Gouda macaroni. It is simply spectacular! If I had only one meal to eat while and they'll it would be at up the Creek. Keep getting better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would Definitely ReturnekdinerDined on 3/8/2014The focus at Up The Creek is on the food and the service, and this shows. While the ambiance of the restaurant is not the greatest the quality of the food and the service made up for it. All courses we ordered were well-liked by our table, and the service was top-notch. This is a great restaurant for those looking for a good time with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We normally have lunch, whichDaveDined on 3/6/2014We normally have lunch, which Is always good, on their outdoor patio overlooking Gore Creek. Last night we had dinner indoors and the food and service were as usual very good.Special Features:
- What a lovely little restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/21/2014A lovely little restaurant, the food was great and they were also child friendly.... a rare combo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with KiwissubbyDined on 2/13/2014We had a very delightful dinner with friends from New Zealand. Our menu items were varied and well prepared. Our visits to Vail are few, however we always eat at Up The Creek. Never disappointed. P.S. After eating, we never felt the pressure to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great drinks,SueFDined on 2/12/2014Great food, great drinks, great service. Extremely slow night - but very slow week in Vail. Might have been busier later in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in VailvailocalsDined on 2/9/2014We started with martinis which were very good and generous, and the mussels were terrific as were the scallops and fresh muffins. Reasonable prices on food and wine, excellent view of ice sculptures along Gore Creek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.