47 East Pearl Street
Nashua, NH 03060Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.unums.com/
- Phone: 6038216500x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
A word from Unums
Thank you for joining us at Unums, winner of the TV Diner’s Platinum Plate award and N.H. Magazine’s “One of New Hampshire’s Top New Restaurants.” We pride ourselves on using only the freshest, most premium ingredients, building strong relationships with local vendors and suppliers; never compromising our commitment to quality. We are able and will gladly adjust most recipes to accommodate your special dietary needs, allergies, and preferences. Gluten free and vegetarian options are also available. We do our absolute best to accommodate any special requests. Please ask our professional service and culinary staff should you have any concerns or questions about Unums ingredients or cooking methods. We strive to be knowledgeable, sincere, accommodating and attentive; employing passionate, driven people who work together to uphold our values of integrity, quality, and balance in order to deliver a consistent and exceptional dining experienceContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Unums - Best Restaurants in Nashua ›
Unums reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)romantic (45)neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (41)notable wine list (20)good for groups (14)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great FindMingdrilleDined on 8/27/2014Bartender was great and super friendly! Food and service was excellent. I have recommended this restaurant to many of our friends. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent service. Outstanding food. Fun atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Service and Big Rip OffKimberly22Dined on 8/22/2014Waitress was horrible. Two menus - each having different prices - wouldn't honor the lower price and was told Manager wasn't available. When check came and higher price was on there, we again asked for the manager. Was told he wasn't available. Waitress started arguing with us about the $10 difference and that it was "only $10, plus you used a Groupon." Yes, we did use a groupon that YOU put out there! I have never had a waitress argue with me before over THEIR MISTAKE! And really... who would pay $45 for a rib eye steak that was only about 1/2" thick. This place is a joke. They have Boston prices for Nashua NH. We won't be back.
- Great foodluv2dineDined on 8/15/2014We loved our meal, the food was awesome. The service was wonderful. They had their own parking lot which is a plus when going down town. Would recommend for special occasions as it is very pricey.Special Features:
- Exceeded all RecommendationsWinemanDined on 8/12/2014This was my first time dining in Nashua and with business associates, so I asked about for recommendations from friends of friends that live in that area. They all said "Unums". I travel a lot for business and have been to many outstanding restaurants all over the world. My visit to Unums easily ranked in the top 10 of my all time fantastic dining experiences. This establishment is a true gem and one that everyone should experience. Professional staff, wine savvy bartender, awesome wine list, well balanced menu, outstanding food... I was very impressed. Ordered the filet mignon and it was tender with perfect amount of time on the grill. I will make a special trip again to Nashua just to visit Unums again. Great job Unums!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMilfordnhDined on 8/9/2014Loved it our server was amazing. We will defiantly go again. The good was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyAllisonDined on 8/1/2014Food was very good. My only complaint is the food is overpriced for what you get. Scallop appetizer is $14 for 2 small scallops. Good, but not worth $14. Filet was delicious, but again priced too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFood4ThoughtDined on 8/1/2014Steaks were over cooked, Fish was undercooked. Felt like we were being pushed through as if it were a busy chain restaurant but the majority of the tables were empty. I wouldn't recommend it.Special Features:
- Okay, I guess.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2014It was okay. I made reservations for what I hoped would be a nice anniversary dinner. Making reservations for this weeknight was needless, because there was nobody else there, although I understand it can be quite busy on weekends. With that said, I felt a little rushed throughout dinner. I think the bar was even shutting people down as well. We even got our check while we were still eating. The server was very accommodating with some things, which was nice. The place is clean and well designed inside, but romantic feel, I think not. For the price point, I would have expected a little better. I will probably give this place a try for lunch sometime, but going forward the romantic dinners wil be at home with my own touch of class.
- 58outDined on 7/25/2014Good food, great time. Very friendly and attentive waitstaff. Loved the variety of sauces for our steaks and the unique salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccomodatingdieforcheeseDined on 7/25/2014Unums hadn't received the reservation from opentable. however, we were seated and had a excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood JewelMISProfVIPDined on 7/18/2014We love Unums. The food is always excellent, the ambiance is nice. They are located one block off of Main Street. We think if they were on Main Street, there would be lines outside of their door every night. The lobster risotto was to die for. We are looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!NightsoutwithhubbyDined on 7/18/2014Bought a groupon for this restaurant and absolutely loved it! It's small, cozy and romantic...and the food is so good! We found the wine is more reasonable priced than avg restaurant prices. Staff is great, tables are not on top of each other, can't say enough about this place, loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy Unum's!HBREVIPDined on 7/12/2014Definitely a favorite! Always new and delicious entrees to try. The wines are reasonable! Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- ReggiBDined on 7/11/2014Great Food & Service. Pricey. If we didn't have a Groupon to use, probably wouldn't have gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a birthday dinner!wellhellothereDined on 7/5/2014We had a great time at Unums for a recent milestone birthday dinner. The staff was very friendly and accomodating (esp. to a vegetarian), and the food was excellent. The restaurant had a nice level of energy but was not distracting or annoying. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificStrummingDined on 7/4/2014We had read a couple questionable reviews, primarily about the service. Our experience was nothing short of terrific! Food, atmosphere and our server Walter made the experience memorable. Knowledgable, funny and simply engaging! Little pricey but highly recommended!!'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- June 28, 2014Elf1Dined on 6/28/2014The timing of the plates arriving to table was disappointing. We had barely finished our appetizer, and the main dish arrived. Considering that the appetizer was a shrimp entrée of only 3 small shrimp on a salad base, which was shared between 2 people, this obviously is a timing issue between the chef and the server. Upon completion of the main dish, one plate was collected and the person still eating was asked if they'd like to see a desert menu. Again a question of timing and this reduces the dining experience to fast food which. Considering that the restaurant wasn't full, if the intent was to move us along, you've most certainly succeeded because I'll be going elsewhere.Special Features:
- Good but seasonally un-inspiredCriticaDined on 6/28/2014Met by a gracious host, the nice and quiet ambience of the restaurant lived up to our expectations raised by N.H. Magazine’s “One of New Hampshire’s Top New Restaurants.” The menu did not. Some of the more interesting items shown online were missing from the actual menu. Further, while interesting, the menu lacked seasonal touches. In June, no sign of 'primavera'; there were no peas, fresh corn, strawberries, or rhubarb, etc. The waitress was pleasant, but knew neither the menu, nor the specials, nor the beer list (nor did she care that she didn't know). The quality of the food varied - from creatively and perfectly prepared (tuna tartare, Chilean seabass, risotto) to eggplant arancini where we could not taste even a hint of eggplant.Special Features:
- Even better the 2nd time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014We loved the food the first time, but the 2nd time was even better. Great place to have a wonder dinning experience.Special Features:
- 2nd Time DisapointsCare2CookDined on 6/26/2014After having a good experience worthy of the reviews, we tried it again on Thursday night. The place was quiet all night. Kitchen sure was not busy. The sea bass with shrimp risotto ($45 special) was a big disapointment. The shrimp were over cooked and the whole dish had a "fishy" overtone. There was no detecting the wasabi panko under what was too much sauce. Did I mention the lumpy rather than creamy risotto? What about the asparagus with woody ends? The mixed greens in the salad were more like chopped romain. My dining partner thought her steak was average. The service person was pleasant and attentive but needs to master the menu and ingrediants. Her response numerous times to questions about the menu was to read the menu back to us.
- just ok..DirkDined on 6/25/2014The food was ok, a bit overpriced. Was an "upscale" steak house. Sides cost extra and do not come with the mail unless it is part of a special. I wanted the Filet but was informed they didn't have any because the freezer broke.Special Features:
- Nice experienceSkipVIPDined on 6/24/2014Great wine list and good food with a nice ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMingdrilleDined on 6/21/2014We had reservations for 6 pm. When we got there the restaurant was empty so we decided to have a drink at the bar. The bartender was very friendly. I would go there again and sit at the bar for drinks and apps. Our meals were very good. I had Chilean Sea Bass and my husband had the special which was filet and lobster. Presentation was great. The restaurant decor was very nice. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatWizb0Dined on 6/20/2014We uses a groupon and what a great deal. The food was fantastic and the service was awesome. My wife ordered the Chilean sea bass, I ordered the flank steak. The appetizers if the Tuna tartare and the seared scollops were impeccable. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ExperienceDinnerFor2Dined on 6/20/2014Service was wonderful, food even better! Ordered 2 apps. Bacon Jam Scallops & Eggplant Involtini. Scallops were fresh, cooked perfect, and very flavorful. Eggplant was fabulous. For entrees we ordered Cioppino & the filet. Both exceptional. Broth on the Cioppino was one of the best I've ever had. Seafood was abundant. The filet was tender and juicy, paired well with mashed potato, and grilled asparagus. Dessert - none. Our only issue. Dessert was VERY limited, only 2 choices. Sorbet or chocolate fondant cake. Being married to a baker I am surprised with the option of fondant cake. Most people cringe when they here fondant. Overall, experience was EXCEPTIONAL. Can't wait to return. Hope they have more dessert choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DGDSDined on 6/19/2014Went for a special occasion. The food was very good, the service was just ok. and what disappointed me was there was no dessert menu. I would go back but not on the top of my list.Special Features:
- Great food, friendly servicerhsatrhsDined on 6/19/2014I've lived in Nashua for more than 30 years, but I confess to rarely having checked out the truly fine dining options that are around. Courtesy of a Groupon offer that I bought, I had the opprotunity to try Unum's lately, and I will definitely be back. I had an appetizer of mussels with thinly sliced saucage in a lightly spiced sauce, and I had the surf and turf consisting of a thick filet and a lobster tail, with asparagus and garlic mashed potatos in a very nice sauce. It was all prepared to perfection, and the service was prompt -- giving us ample time from our 6:45 reservation to finish in time to catch an 8:00 show over at Court Street. Desserts might have made us late, but we hadn't been planning on them anyhow. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great Downtown Restaurantluv2eatDined on 6/19/2014Good Food , great atmosphere no much to complain about . Only one draw back for me is that they do not carry Heineken products !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/14/2014The food was good, however the service and pacing was not.Special Features:
- Dinner at UnumsSamanthaElizabethVIPDined on 6/13/2014Even though we had made a reservation, there was still 10-15 minute wait for our table to be set up. I liked how there was seating on two levels. The lights in the room were dimmed and candles were placed on every table. For appetizers, we ordered Bacon Jam Scallops and Roasted Beets and Mozzarella Salad to share. The scallops were tender, quite flavorful, and had a spicy kick to them. We enjoyed the beets salad, which was served with greens tossed in balsamic vinaigrette and garnished with spiced pecans. For entrees, we ordered Surf and Turf (which was cooked to perfection), Chilean Sea Bass (which was lightly battered), and Rainbow Trout (which was lightly salted). We ended dinner with a Raspberry Sorbet (which was quite refreshing).Special Features:
- Vibrant ScenexxxxxxVIPDined on 6/13/2014Unums was a hopping place last Friday night. Good food, marred by a mediocre server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but too priceyKimberly22Dined on 6/13/2014Had a groupon. Would not be dining here unless I had a groupon. Prices are extrememly high. $45 for sea bass is something have never seen in my life. Too expensive for sure.Special Features:
- Very nice evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014My wife and I enjoyed a very nice dinner as we celebrated our anniversary. I also appreciated the fact that they work with LivingSocial.Special Features:
- mom's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2014My whole family came for a family birthday, and i must say it was fantasic, could not have had any better anywhere, people came in from all over for the occasion, i would recommend unums to everyone from here to south america.Special Features:
- Went out of their way to accomodatechad882Dined on 6/11/2014We were served by multiple staff members, and everyone took responsibility for our happiness. They even prepared an entirely new entree when the tuna was a bit more cooked than we might have liked. Our server handled the minor issue so tactfully, and made us feel very comfortable when we did not know if we were being unreasonbable. We were surprised at how flexible they were as well. The creative menu often features inspired offerings to delight any foodie.Special Features:
- Great Food - Great atmosphereintownforworkDined on 6/10/2014We had a few apps...Oysters and scallops - both were amazing. We also had a special Duck app which was also great. For dinner I had the sea bass which was delicious. The atmosphere is great and the house wines are really great choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!HBREVIPDined on 6/7/2014We devoured the tuna tartare appetizer. The broth in the cioppino was mouth watering - so yummy! The trout with lobster risotto was delicious! The duck was very good - I would have liked the outer fatty skin to be a bit more crispy. The food was served piping hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fooddonnaDined on 6/7/2014This "classy casual" restaurant has a great atmosphere and excellent food. Went for dinner with another couple. All four of us thoroughly enjoyed our dinners. Service was also wonderful. The roasted oysters are awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2014Food was very good. We felt a little rushed during service, but would definitely go back. Our food was great, and we had a very nice time.Special Features: