47 East Pearl Street
Nashua, NH 03060Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.unums.com/
- Phone: (603) 821-6500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
A word from Unums
Thank you for joining us at Unums, winner of the TV Diner’s Platinum Plate award and N.H. Magazine’s “One of New Hampshire’s Top New Restaurants.” We pride ourselves on using only the freshest, most premium ingredients, building strong relationships with local vendors and suppliers; never compromising our commitment to quality. We are able and will gladly adjust most recipes to accommodate your special dietary needs, allergies, and preferences. Gluten free and vegetarian options are also available. We do our absolute best to accommodate any special requests. Please ask our professional service and culinary staff should you have any concerns or questions about Unums ingredients or cooking methods. We strive to be knowledgeable, sincere, accommodating and attentive; employing passionate, driven people who work together to uphold our values of integrity, quality, and balance in order to deliver a consistent and exceptional dining experienceContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Unums - Best Restaurants in Nashua ›
Unums reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (24)romantic (24)notable wine list (10)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We loved what we got, but would have likes a few more options to choose from. One or two more chicken and beef options would have been nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dateMikeDined on 11/21/2014I recently had the best first date of my life here. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GordoDined on 11/20/2014They accommodated a last minute addition to our party. The service was excellent - our server was training a new server so she did everything perfectly. The food, as usual, was delicious, and well presented. We've enjoyed Unums several times, and will undoubtedly do so asgain in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cold but tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014The food was very good. My dinner arrived cold for some reason and they quickly warmed it up and offered a dessert, which I did not want, or another glass of wine which I took but frankly did not really want or need. Coffee for all of us may have been a better option but it was not offered. The other three people in the party had good meals. Mine was good too but ever after warming it up it was still only lukewarm.Special Features:
- The kitchen was slow....DMB120Dined on 11/8/2014Our server, Beth, was terrific but she kept having to make excuses for the bartender and the kitchen who were slow. The eggplant appetizer could have used a bit more seasoning but overall, very tasty to someone who loves eggplant. My husband had the beef burgundy soup which was in his words, the best part of the meal. A very well developed broth, tender meat and properly cooked potatoes. My salmon/couscous and my husbands sea bass were very good. The pasta that the sea bass was presented on was nothing special and there was too much of it....those proportions were just not right. We will go back as we have had very good meals at Unums.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014Service was terrible. We had a 5:30 reservation, dinner came out an hour after we ordered. Drinks were never refilled or a check of how dinner tasted. The restaurant was so loud you couldn't hear the person next to you.Special Features:
- Bring back Walter & chicken statlerBringbackwalterDined on 10/25/2014This used to be a favorite of ours. A perfect place to go on a date or meet up with friends. We went on Saturday, after not being there since August and we were disappointed. Our favorite Walter was no longer working there. We asked the hostess and she said she never heard of him. She was a bit rude. We were seated at our table while we were waiting for our friends because we were early. Bread was placed on the table but it took 15 minutes before we were offered drinks.When our friends came, they ordered drink and it then took 45 min before anyone asked us if we wanted an appetizer. It took us 2 1/2 to be served a started, and main course. We gave up on dessert. Gorged prices. Terrible service and no longer a good menu
- Unlucky at UnumsBreslin111Dined on 10/25/2014Entre was stone cold, no wine in my glass & an absent server for my 1 & only experience at Unums. I ordered the surf & turf special where the surf had apparently just been fished from the cold waters of the atlantic and the turf flown in from the fridgid tundra of the midwest and neither one found their way to a warm frying pan. In fairness, my wife's entre was fabulous (and hot) but I went home and made myself a sandwhich after dropping 250 on a dinner for 3. The server was clearly overwhelmed and after taking our order, never appeared again until I flagged him down to collect the check. On the + side, my daughter had the lambchop appetizer and they delivered it twice.. as an appetizer and as an entre. And no soap in the men's room.
- Fabulous appetizerLizzeeDined on 10/24/2014This was our second trio to Unums. We ordered a martini, and an old fashioned ( $13) Quite pricey for a small drink. We ordered an eggplant crepe with homemade tomato sauce that was cooked to perfection. I highly recommend it. We chose the duck for our entree. The meat was cooked medium but lacked in flavor and was chewy. It was so forgettable that a few days later I dont even remember what came with it. For the second time we sat near the opening door and every time someone entered we felt a chilly breeze. We are not sure when and if we will return. Its an expensive restaurant that did not quite deliver that night.Special Features:
- A very pleasant dinner!BostonGuyDined on 10/20/2014My date and I had what could be called a perfect evening at a wonderful restaurant. Once we walked in and smelled the aroma coming from the kitchen we knew we would have a fine dining experience! The food was cooked to perfection and served in a timely manner. The wine was well priced and perfect for our entrees. From the food to our delightful server to the chef, we had a great experience dining here. We will probably return to try a different dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J&D4luvoffoodDined on 10/18/2014This was our first time there. The restaurant is beautiful inside, romantic at first, but the music they play is 50's diner, yup! Really ruined the ambience. I thought it took away from what really could be a romantic evening. I don't think romance when 50's diner music is playing. The food is pretty good, we gave it a 6 out of 10
- RushedDeeandMeDined on 10/11/2014We usually have a great experience but we felt rushed and the food quality wasn't 'great' but we did enjoy the food.Special Features:
- Stay Away from this placehungrygirlDined on 10/3/2014The service was the only good thing that I can talk about. Steaks ordered medium rare were delivered to us more than well done. Waitress took them back and my new steak came very rare. Another waitress came over to talk to us but no manager. Drinks were watered down. We spent over $200.00 for the two of us and we were greatly disappointed. I would never recommend this place to anyone.
- Gone downhillLetsGoOutDined on 9/26/2014I've been a fan oh Unums since they opened. The quality of the food has really gone way down in the last year. Prices remain at the level of a chef owned restaurant but it seems that the five star chef is AWOL. Very disappointing. Quite honestly I had a better meal at bugaboo creek earlier in the week.
- Lower price and would be perfect!VolvoguyDined on 9/26/2014great meal. $60 special surf and turf seemed pricey for Nashua. The dish was perfect! Just under 2 hrs for total meal which was fine for a slow date night. Maybe not a place for a quick meal. Wife's veggies were a little over seasoned but not a meal killer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ambitious menu does not hit markfoodnerdVIPDined on 9/23/2014A dark dining room, perhaps meant to evoke a wine cellar. But the "new"list was much more limited than what was seen on websiteand disappointing. A few very pricey bottles and some that were no longer on the list made choosing an adequate red a little tough if you want better than a grocery store bottle. The eggplant was well prepared with a nice fresh tomato sauce and herbed cheese filling. The 4 lamb chops were nicely herbed but slightly more than medium doneness as requested. The plate was rather monotone with a blue cheese sweet potato mash - an odd combo, and barely cooked baby carrots as hard and tasteless as they come. The duck breast was tasty and also slightly overdone, and the skin should have been crisp, not oily and limp.Special Features:
- bdayDined on 9/20/2014Phil our server was outstanding. Great place, but not sure it is worth the money we spent.Special Features:
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014What a great place for a date. Lots of great choices from wine to food. I had made up my mind on what to eat by looking at the web site. When we arrived the specials sounded so good I changed my mind. The grilled Cesar salad and my surf and turf (filet and lobster tail and claws) were both done perfectly. Make sure to make a reservation the place was hopping!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindMingdrilleDined on 8/27/2014Bartender was great and super friendly! Food and service was excellent. I have recommended this restaurant to many of our friends. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent service. Outstanding food. Fun atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodluv2dineDined on 8/15/2014We loved our meal, the food was awesome. The service was wonderful. They had their own parking lot which is a plus when going down town. Would recommend for special occasions as it is very pricey.Special Features:
- Exceeded all RecommendationsWinemanDined on 8/12/2014This was my first time dining in Nashua and with business associates, so I asked about for recommendations from friends of friends that live in that area. They all said "Unums". I travel a lot for business and have been to many outstanding restaurants all over the world. My visit to Unums easily ranked in the top 10 of my all time fantastic dining experiences. This establishment is a true gem and one that everyone should experience. Professional staff, wine savvy bartender, awesome wine list, well balanced menu, outstanding food... I was very impressed. Ordered the filet mignon and it was tender with perfect amount of time on the grill. I will make a special trip again to Nashua just to visit Unums again. Great job Unums!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMilfordnhDined on 8/9/2014Loved it our server was amazing. We will defiantly go again. The good was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyAllisonDined on 8/1/2014Food was very good. My only complaint is the food is overpriced for what you get. Scallop appetizer is $14 for 2 small scallops. Good, but not worth $14. Filet was delicious, but again priced too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFood4ThoughtDined on 8/1/2014Steaks were over cooked, Fish was undercooked. Felt like we were being pushed through as if it were a busy chain restaurant but the majority of the tables were empty. I wouldn't recommend it.Special Features:
- The following 390 reviews are from the Unums reviews archive.
- Okay, I guess.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2014It was okay. I made reservations for what I hoped would be a nice anniversary dinner. Making reservations for this weeknight was needless, because there was nobody else there, although I understand it can be quite busy on weekends. With that said, I felt a little rushed throughout dinner. I think the bar was even shutting people down as well. We even got our check while we were still eating. The server was very accommodating with some things, which was nice. The place is clean and well designed inside, but romantic feel, I think not. For the price point, I would have expected a little better. I will probably give this place a try for lunch sometime, but going forward the romantic dinners wil be at home with my own touch of class.
- 58outDined on 7/25/2014Good food, great time. Very friendly and attentive waitstaff. Loved the variety of sauces for our steaks and the unique salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccomodatingdieforcheeseDined on 7/25/2014Unums hadn't received the reservation from opentable. however, we were seated and had a excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood JewelMISProfVIPDined on 7/18/2014We love Unums. The food is always excellent, the ambiance is nice. They are located one block off of Main Street. We think if they were on Main Street, there would be lines outside of their door every night. The lobster risotto was to die for. We are looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!NightsoutwithhubbyDined on 7/18/2014Bought a groupon for this restaurant and absolutely loved it! It's small, cozy and romantic...and the food is so good! We found the wine is more reasonable priced than avg restaurant prices. Staff is great, tables are not on top of each other, can't say enough about this place, loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy Unum's!HBREVIPDined on 7/12/2014Definitely a favorite! Always new and delicious entrees to try. The wines are reasonable! Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- ReggiBDined on 7/11/2014Great Food & Service. Pricey. If we didn't have a Groupon to use, probably wouldn't have gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a birthday dinner!wellhellothereDined on 7/5/2014We had a great time at Unums for a recent milestone birthday dinner. The staff was very friendly and accomodating (esp. to a vegetarian), and the food was excellent. The restaurant had a nice level of energy but was not distracting or annoying. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificStrummingDined on 7/4/2014We had read a couple questionable reviews, primarily about the service. Our experience was nothing short of terrific! Food, atmosphere and our server Walter made the experience memorable. Knowledgable, funny and simply engaging! Little pricey but highly recommended!!'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- June 28, 2014Elf1Dined on 6/28/2014The timing of the plates arriving to table was disappointing. We had barely finished our appetizer, and the main dish arrived. Considering that the appetizer was a shrimp entrée of only 3 small shrimp on a salad base, which was shared between 2 people, this obviously is a timing issue between the chef and the server. Upon completion of the main dish, one plate was collected and the person still eating was asked if they'd like to see a desert menu. Again a question of timing and this reduces the dining experience to fast food which. Considering that the restaurant wasn't full, if the intent was to move us along, you've most certainly succeeded because I'll be going elsewhere.Special Features:
- Good but seasonally un-inspiredCriticaDined on 6/28/2014Met by a gracious host, the nice and quiet ambience of the restaurant lived up to our expectations raised by N.H. Magazine’s “One of New Hampshire’s Top New Restaurants.” The menu did not. Some of the more interesting items shown online were missing from the actual menu. Further, while interesting, the menu lacked seasonal touches. In June, no sign of 'primavera'; there were no peas, fresh corn, strawberries, or rhubarb, etc. The waitress was pleasant, but knew neither the menu, nor the specials, nor the beer list (nor did she care that she didn't know). The quality of the food varied - from creatively and perfectly prepared (tuna tartare, Chilean seabass, risotto) to eggplant arancini where we could not taste even a hint of eggplant.Special Features:
- Even better the 2nd time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014We loved the food the first time, but the 2nd time was even better. Great place to have a wonder dinning experience.Special Features:
- 2nd Time DisapointsCare2CookDined on 6/26/2014After having a good experience worthy of the reviews, we tried it again on Thursday night. The place was quiet all night. Kitchen sure was not busy. The sea bass with shrimp risotto ($45 special) was a big disapointment. The shrimp were over cooked and the whole dish had a "fishy" overtone. There was no detecting the wasabi panko under what was too much sauce. Did I mention the lumpy rather than creamy risotto? What about the asparagus with woody ends? The mixed greens in the salad were more like chopped romain. My dining partner thought her steak was average. The service person was pleasant and attentive but needs to master the menu and ingrediants. Her response numerous times to questions about the menu was to read the menu back to us.
- just ok..DirkDined on 6/25/2014The food was ok, a bit overpriced. Was an "upscale" steak house. Sides cost extra and do not come with the mail unless it is part of a special. I wanted the Filet but was informed they didn't have any because the freezer broke.Special Features:
- Nice experienceSkipVIPDined on 6/24/2014Great wine list and good food with a nice ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.