111 West Kinzie
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.untitledchicago.com/
- Phone: (312) 880-1511
- Hours of Operation:
Mon: 4:30 – 12:00am
Tue: 4:30pm – 1:00am
Wed: 4:30pm – 1:00am
Thu: 4:30pm – 2:00am
Fri: 4:30pm – 2:00am
Sat: 4:30pm – 3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Joseph Heppe
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining available. Please contact us at email@example.com or 312-880-1511
- Private Party Facilities: A wide selection of various creative, crafted menu packages that include fresh oysters, house-made artisanal cheeses, house cured meats, small and large plates, put together with local, seasonal produce and products. Incorporate the experience with various bar packages involving the American whiskey catalog and wine pairings. The multiple rooms of Untitled are decorated with historic artifacts and rustic, yet comfortable furniture that creates a warm and inviting atmosphere for seated diners or standing receptions.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 312-880-1511x
- Special Events: Special Event booking available. Please contact Chelsey at email@example.com or 312-880-1503
A word from Untitled
At Untitled you engage in an exclusive, yet warm and welcoming total dining experience. Executive Chef Joseph Heppe's homage to favorites from the supper clubs of the early 20th Century features imaginative creations highlighted in small plates using hand-selected, sustainable ingredients.The extensive whisky list features over 470 American varieties, as well as craft cocktails and beers, and wines from around the globe. Untitled also headlines live entertainment that focuses on American rooted genres like jazz, western swing, soul, jump blues, and others performed 5 nights a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Untitled - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Untitled reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (90)vibrant bar scene (89)hot spot (78)fit for foodies (70)late-night find (63)special occasion (56)neighborhood gem (27)romantic (27)notable wine list (11)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Fun night!Kbee62Dined on 5/31/2014Our friend plays in a band that Untitled has asked back a few times. It's an awesome space (warehouse transformed into a speakeasy) with fantastic food, an epic wiskey selection and great service. Great venue for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceMmtwigVIPDined on 5/29/2014The food & libations were excellent! The burlesque on Thursday night at 10PM was highly entertaining. Can't wait to visit chicago again & experience the whiskey bar, looked so cozy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening on the townfoodloverDined on 5/24/2014Our dinners were very tasty and we enjoyed all 3 of our meals. The wine list was decent and the bottle the server recommended was excellent. The meatball appetizer is excellent. We were there on the evening of 5/24/14. We were looking for some good wine and a good meal, which we got. However, the band that night was terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding music and food!RonKDined on 5/23/2014Very high energy place. Awesome food and great music with Eddy Butts band. Brought friends from SF who said it was a highlight of their trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudRepEatersVIPDined on 5/23/2014If you request a quiet booth in your reservation specifications and they can't accommodate it on that certain night, they should tell you. Instead we had to endure a night of SCREAMING at the top of our lungs. Fortunately, the food and service were great, but the noise was just obnoxious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not HappyChicagoDined on 5/23/2014Server forgot one of my food items but billed me anywaySpecial Features:
- fantastic spotOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/23/2014Went for a birthday. Had the chefs tasting which was phenomenal. We Sat in the entertainment section which made conversation impossible. Although the band playing was fantastic. Wait staff very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, change of pace, good fooddrzomsDined on 5/20/2014Neat spot with a "speakeasy" theme. Vibrant, fun, very hip and HUGE space with eclectic crowd. Food was very good, with some pleasant variety, especially with the tasting menu!Special Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2014We did the tasting menu and it was a great way to experience many different dishes. Great whiskey selection with some innovative drinks. Our server, Marissa, was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great music, food & ambianceLeslieVIPDined on 5/17/2014Despite waiting a bit for our reservation, it was definitely worth the wait, as we got a great table in the main room. The food was great, we ordered the tasting menu and were quite pleased with everything served. Great drinks as well! The live music was great, and then the DJ was amazing and made me dance in my chair. I recommend this place to anyone looking for a vibrant lively fun night!Special Features:
- UpsettingPoorDined on 5/17/2014830 reservation, hostess told me it would be 10 to 15 min tops, and I came back every 30 minutes asking for an update. rather than finding a solution or treating me with any dignity she was extremely rude. Was not seated until 945 when I asked to speak with a manager And he rightfully worked out getting us a table - in the back of the restaurant in a corner at a table for two when we had 3. Waiter was horrible - he took our order and 3 other ppl delivered our food by shoving it on our table. When we declined further food or drink, the waiter cleared the table and removed my half full drink as well. Would neither come back not recommend. Left angry and hungry.
- yes!amo705Dined on 5/17/2014this place was awesome! highly recommended to others visiting Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique, fun nightNanner1Dined on 5/17/2014Great, unique experience. Will go back. We enjoyed people watching. We really didn't know what to expect. The music group, which changes nightly , was pretty good. We should have stayed after the show. For the dance scene. .. Next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SERVICE!!BrendaCFDined on 5/17/2014We had a group of 10 and our server was incredible. The Food was DELICIOUS! Atmosphere was incredible. Would definitely hit this spot again when in Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014I came here for my birthday. We sat in a booth, which was really cool and private. The waitress was slow, overcharged our credit cards, forgot about our salad, and didn't try to make overcharged credit card situation right. I don't recommend this place at all. It was much too expensive for dinner. Maybe go for a drink or two and that's it.Special Features:
- Great timeTimFDined on 5/15/2014Great time after work. Very vibrant after work crowd...great service at the bar in a large crowd. The shows were very entertaining.Special Features:
- Great music, incredible foodRedSoniaDined on 5/11/2014A friend and I ate here on Mother's Day, when they were serving a set menu. Dish after incredible dish came to our table. Bacon wrapped prunes in sweet cheese, lamb and roasted vegetables, etc. The music was wonderful, although it made conversation challenging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantJmathDined on 5/10/2014This is one of my favorite go to restaurants. The food is so good, and even though they are small plates, you leave full and happy. I took some friends from out of town there, and they loved it. Can't wait to go back for not only the food, but the cocktails are delicious!Special Features:
- Way too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/3/2014The food was ok,, service was great, but so noisy you couldn't talk to anyoneSpecial Features:
- Nice bar- needs worksoloopVIPDined on 5/1/2014The food was very good but it's so loud in there you can't even hear the waiter talking. I would call it more of a bar/lounge than a supper club. The restaurant designers throughout Chicago have no idea how to control sound, they make a place look pretty and throw some tables down on a concrete floor. The hangar steak is delicious as well as the bacon cornbread. I gave the ambiance 3 stars because it looks stunning but it's way too loud (no voice level control) and the lighting needs tweaking too. Service was meh. The bus boys kept doing my pet peeve: touching the water bottle rim to rim and going from table to table with it. Nice to come home with everyone's germs on my lips.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/1/2014Great place. Solid drinks. Food is very good but a tad over priced. Whiskey library and main stage room are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swanky...the way it should be!DuckmanComethVIPDined on 4/26/2014Untitled is one of those restaurants that makes you say "what are we getting into," as you walk downstairs. Downstairs greats you with a swanky, eclectic decor. Leather wall paneling, stucco ceiling, rennaissanceesque paintings, Frank Lloyd Wright inspired chandeliers, wooden bank boxes on one wall, velvety wall booths... It feels risky and you love every minute of it! The fair and libations are something to talk about as well. Cocktails that make you like you belong in a prohibition era. The menu has a wide enough selection that it will tickle anyone's fancy, ranging from simple dishes most would enjoy to plates that adventurous foodies search for. Untitled is a great date night place with live music that fits the scene. To all, Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a great dinner!KYguyintheChiDined on 4/26/2014Awesome evening. Great food, great service…..can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Go for the whiskey and ambienceweyusDined on 4/25/2014Go for the whiskey and ambience, but not the food. The hangar steak is a pile of steak and potatoes covered in a decent orange-ish sauce. But it's not very appetizingly presented. The vegetables are very good but overpriced. The whiskey menu is formidable. I'd totally come back here for cocktails and possibly a small bite, but not for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sexy and funMichellechicagoVIPDined on 4/25/2014Wanted a sexy date night and this was a great place. Fortunately we were seated away from the big screen so as to not see the blackhawks game :) had the cornbread and short ribs with scallops, perfect starters. The salmon was amazing and cooked to perfection. Love this place and can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much foodefeld22VIPDined on 4/25/2014The tasting menu had way too much food. By the time we got to the meat portion of the meal, we were too full to eat it. Some courses were good, some were unremarkable. The short ribs were the best that I have had in a very long time and it is often the one thing I order from menus. The bruschetta was bitter and was not a great way to start the meal. The other main issue was that the chef had to continue to substitute courses because they "ran out." One substitution was fine because the chef made us aware before we ordered but we were not told of the second until the course came out. It was not a good substitution either. The service was outstanding and our waitress did her best to help when things were not going well.Special Features:
- I used to enjoy untitledIHeartGeneticsVIPDined on 4/9/2014Until I ate dinner there. The door guy was my first complaint. He wouldn't help us get valet which is supposed to be offered. He was short with me. And then proceeded to be overly flirtatious with my coworker while she waited for me to park the car. Our server Caleb was very nice but overwhelmed. It was as though they didn't have enough servers to pay attention to us. This place should have better service for the amount of money a dinner there costs. I was disappointed overall even though I generally like coming for drinks but with the horrible experience with the door man at the beginning my whole dinner just went down hill. I won't be taking my coworkers there again. It's unfortunate.Special Features:
- Untitled has a great vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Untitled has a great vibe and very aesthetic and interesting design of the restaurant and bar areas. Our dinner was great and we enjoyed the live music. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, andsimplepleasuresDined on 4/5/2014The food was excellent, and the whiskey library was outstanding. The servers were very knowledgeable about the menu and all of its offerings, we'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingdyanDined on 4/4/2014I liked the ambience, however, the tables were pretty close together. The different areas of the restaurant were cool but the food didn't knock my socks off. I think the food was a little over-priced for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe I'm old butYuck23VIPDined on 4/3/2014Don't go here if you want to actually talk during dinner. Way too loud for normal conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing else like it in theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014nothing else like it in the city. very unique. love the whiskey library!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cool vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2014Visited on a Saturday night, had the tasting menu, food was very good, service was great, waiter and multiple others were clearing plates, bringing the next dish, filling water glasses and taking new drink orders very frequently. Decor is speakeasy, 20's dark restaurant and bar, which fits the vibe. The only tiny complaint is that the food came way too fast. Tasting menu has small plates, but we were never finished with one course when the next one or two showed up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise?? Untitled is the way!!SanamDined on 3/28/2014I took my wife to this place and they surprise me with a bottle of champaign :). The waitress was awesome and she has a preety good idea of the drinks, music was superb too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place was very clean andSilentdinerVIPDined on 3/27/2014The place was very clean and the set up of the dining area very nice. Music was nice. We attended dinner and to check out for possibly having a party there in the future. Variety of food, private and open areas . Hostess at front when checking in was excellent and outstanding. She was very attentive, friendly and professional. The gals for checking in coats were very friendly and attentive even with a crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool vibe with just ok foodHavemorefunDined on 3/26/2014The space itself is very cool and chic. The food, however, is a tad overpriced for what you are actually getting. I had the fillet and it was mediocre at best. I know it's not a steak place, but for $45.00 with no sides, it should at least be decent. I would return, but more for the drinks, atmosphere and perhaps the burlesque show on Thursday night.Special Features:
- Side dining room isn't as fun...JEnniferDined on 3/22/2014I wish there was a way to know if you will be seated in the main dining room with the live music. We ended up in the side dining room and it was a little disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a placeThreasaVIPDined on 3/21/2014hip and happening venue in Chicago, dinner was okay .the entertainment was outstanding. great night had by all. what an amazing concept. will recommend to everyone visiting this wonderful city.Special Features:
- small beers!texterDined on 3/21/2014I loved the food and ambiance but could not get over the beer sizes! They are gouging customers with city prices for 12 oz. beers! I paid $7 for a 12oz pilsner!!! it wasn't even high alcohol to justify the cost. For that reason I will never return to Untitled.Special Features:
- Better in the bar or on aSusanVIPDined on 3/18/2014Better in the bar or on a livelier night. The restaurant was a little cavernous on a Tuesday.Special Features: