111 West Kinzie
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.untitledchicago.com/
- Phone: 312-880-1511x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon: 4:30 – 12:00am
Tue: 4:30pm – 1:00am
Wed: 4:30pm – 1:00am
Thu: 4:30pm – 2:00am
Fri: 4:30pm – 2:00am
Sat: 4:30pm – 3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Joseph Heppe
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining available. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-880-1511
- Private Party Facilities: A wide selection of various creative, crafted menu packages that include fresh oysters, house-made artisanal cheeses, house cured meats, small and large plates, put together with local, seasonal produce and products. Incorporate the experience with various bar packages involving the American whiskey catalog and wine pairings. The multiple rooms of Untitled are decorated with historic artifacts and rustic, yet comfortable furniture that creates a warm and inviting atmosphere for seated diners or standing receptions.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 312-880-1511x
- Special Events: Special Event booking available. Please contact Chelsey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-880-1503
A word from Untitled
At Untitled you engage in an exclusive, yet warm and welcoming total dining experience. Executive Chef Joseph Heppe's homage to favorites from the supper clubs of the early 20th Century features imaginative creations highlighted in small plates using hand-selected, sustainable ingredients.The extensive whisky list features over 470 American varieties, as well as craft cocktails and beers, and wines from around the globe. Untitled also headlines live entertainment that focuses on American rooted genres like jazz, western swing, soul, jump blues, and others performed 5 nights a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Untitled - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Untitled reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (97)good for groups (88)hot spot (83)special occasion (68)fit for foodies (65)late-night find (63)romantic (35)neighborhood gem (26)notable wine list (18)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Early saturday nightVegansVIPDined on 9/27/2014Maybe not the best time to rate a restaurant. It wasn't too busy and service just took a long time. took 10-15 minutes to get a drink and I understand these are crafted drinks but there weren't many people there. Our she was very nice!!!Special Features:
- Al Capone would stop here!mezzDined on 9/27/2014We went for dinner, but this seemed to be the place to go for some adult "refreshments". Coming down the dimly lit stairs (note to restaurant...a little light strip at the very bottom steps at the turn please! Saw several patrons tiptoeing gingerly down the steps, groping for handrails), you enter a very engaging speakeasy atmosphere. The tapas style menu was serviceable. Enjoyed the dishes we'd ordered, particularly the mushroom pappardelle. The real draw here is the atmosphere and the truly enticing lounge with a dramatic backlit wall of whiskeys. There's a slightly "forbidden" air to the place, which made the lounge buzz. Worth checking out!Special Features:
- Always Entertaining & Great Food!SherylDined on 9/20/2014This nightclub and restaurant is outstanding. Great live music and the food is unbelievable. Be warned -- there are no quiet tables for dinner and booths are for 6 or more.Special Features:
- One of my favorite Chicago spots!LadyLenaDined on 9/19/2014My date and I indulged in Untitled's tasting menu, which the chef was kind enough to alter slightly to accommodate a severe food allergy of mine. Every bite was delicious and, as always, the cocktails were outstanding! I can never get enough of Untitled's warm, vibrant, and uber chic atmosphere. From the glam decor to the great live music and their various unique rooms, I never want to leave when I'm here. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must experience.winendinemeDined on 9/19/2014Great ambience, service, food, and entertainment. What more can you ask for in an evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect NightDom1Dined on 9/9/2014I came with two friends for my fiance's birthday. We received comp champagne upon arrival and desert at the end of our meal (with a birthday candle). Service was fantastic! Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Saturday night funAtmospherelessDined on 9/6/2014Dishes made for sharing. Some very notable and delicious. Great drinks if you like whiskey and bourbon. Live music was entertaining and loud. Not good for conversations but fun.Special Features:
- Fun with friends before 8:00GatorInChicagoDined on 9/6/2014I brought some friends from out of town and they loved the scene. The food was good, unique, but very heavy. Once the band started at 8:00 we couldn't hear each other. Wish we had gone earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Speak EasyraywillowDined on 9/5/2014Wonderful jazz and big band artists. The food is delicious but its small plates so keep that in mind. The whiskey cocktails are very well thought of...I recommend the Tennessee MuleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great palceFrequentdinerDined on 9/5/2014food was great, band was fantastic, service great as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls NightAnnieDined on 9/5/2014We had a group of 6 girls go out for dinner. This was the perfect spot! Great drinks and ambiance and the jazz music on Friday was a fun touch.Special Features:
- DisappointedDelaneyDined on 9/5/2014Made a reservation ahead of time for Friday night. When we arrived however we were seated in what seemed like their "overflow room" off to the side by the service bar in a brightly lit room away from the music and main dining room. Was trying to keep an open mind despite being disappointed that we weren't prioritized in the slightest for our advanced reservations... But then the glasses and silverware were dirty and the wine tasted like the bottle had been open a while. The food was alright and actually the burger my fiancé ordered was great - but everything felt pretentiously overpriced and this feeling was only exacerbated by the fact that we were seated in the brightly lit bar room.
- Hang Onto Your Hat!lovelylisaDined on 8/30/2014From the dark cavernous rooms to the eclectic food choices...nothing about this dining experience is like anything you've experienced before. It is fun, exciting, and stimulating! The menu is designed for sharing and be prepared for tasting some new preparations of common foods. We ordered 4 appetizers, 2 entrees and 3 desserts for 6 people and that was enough. There are a la carte options if you truly are not into sharing, and while the portions are not standard size, they are enough to satisfy your hunger. The noise level is the only real negative but its part of the experience. Don't chose this restaurant for a romantic night out, better suited to a GNO. We went on a night there was a band and it made the evening even more fun!Special Features:
- Should have spent more timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/28/2014We were in a hurry due to meeting for a play. We had a sampler of eight different and excellent foods for $44.00. It was great, the only unfortunate thing was that we were in a hurry. The staff was extremely attentive. A dirty and empty dish didn't sit for long before a service person removed. We were delighted and definitely will return to spend more time there.Special Features:
- Great food, great musicJmelsdjVIPDined on 8/27/2014This is a spectacular venue for food and music. Our server did a great job and we had the tasting menu which was spectacular. On the night we went there was a string quartet that was just wonderful. From the outside you would never know what a beautiful place it is inside.Special Features:
- Awesome... can't wait to go back!RubyRabbitDined on 8/22/2014I was visiting a friend in Chicago and we tried out Untitled, a "speakeasy" type restaurant/bar with little to no signage from street level. For once, the pretentiousness was worth it - once downstairs, we saw that the place was beautiful and really spacious. The food was nothing short of outstanding, with a family-style small plate sharing menu but good portion sizes and amazing flavours. We were entertained by a really great band all night, with some burlesque thrown in during intermissions - a wonderful bonus we weren't necessarily expecting! The nighttime dance floor and DJ were also tons of fun and catered to a late 20's-30's crowd. I have only 2 complaints: way too dark and way too noisy! But everything else was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/22/2014this was my second time dining here and the service was poor. Aside from coming for drinks I doubt I will ever make a reservation to eat here again.
- PollyDined on 8/19/2014We had a great dinner and great recmomendations! the cheese was plate was fabulous, the salmon a big hit. The steak tartare was delicious. Great service. Very nice gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique experience - must see!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Truly a unique experience and one which I will be repeating regularly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Service and a bad attitudeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The atmosphere was a lot of fun! The food was good, not great, but good. The service wasn't great, esp. For the prices we were paying. We sat at our table for at least 30 mins with no drinks, no check. Had to go find our server ourselves. We solved that issue then stepped out to the outdoor patio, found a table, then the server out there told us she couldn't bring the drinks we wanted because she was "way too busy" to get the drinks we wanted. It was ridiculous, to say the least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!Drang2011Dined on 8/15/2014Such a cool atmosphere, one that I have yet to see in Chicago! This is a must do in Chicago!! Great place for entertaining friends from out of town as it is so unique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AskEv3AskEv3Dined on 8/8/2014Great food, great music & great ambiance- love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/8/2014We had a reservation at 8 pm, we got seated at the table at 8:10 which is ok, but server took our order for drinks 30 min later apologizing they are very busy, we waited another 30 min to order the food because nobody came to our table, I had to tell the bass-boy 3 times to call our waiter, after we finally order food we had to wait about 40-45 min for food to show up and still no 3rd round of drinks because waiter was to busy......Special Features:
- GenkiDined on 8/7/2014Entertainment was outstanding and you are taken back to the speak-easy days of Chicago. Great for a different type of evening out. Classy, fun, great decor, too. Food portions are a bit small for the prices, but given there is no cover charge for entertainment, maybe justified. However, I would not suggest as a dinner venue, but a place for drinks, light bites and great, sexy entertainment.Special Features:
- Great timeMicheleDined on 8/4/2014The food was very flavorful; a bit overpriced for such small portions. The ambience was great and I liked the larger tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!IlonaDined on 8/2/2014Loved the show aspect of the dinner, it was a nice surprise. The place is a bit loud for intimate conversation but overall, worth a try.Special Features:
- Atmosphere Awesome - Food So-SoLMSarbachVIPDined on 8/2/2014First time here. Great atmosphere. Drinks were good but food not so much so. Steak was cold, pomme frites were soggy as was the "crispy" squash blossom. If I go back I would only order drinks and cheese platter - can't ruin cheese!! Entertainment and burlesque show was nice and we all enjoyed. VERY LOUD...don't count on having a conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisySushiLoverDined on 8/1/2014Unique space, separate ambiance thru out the club makes it very vibrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!CoachDined on 8/1/2014This is a great spot for couples, for groups, and for anytime before a show, dinner, and/or a variety show. We were going for drinks and appetizers before a show, and it was still quiet around 5:45pm on a Friday. Our waiter, Aaron, was fantastic, and encouraged us to take a tour of the place before we left. There a private cabanas that can be reserved. On Thursdays, we're told there's a variety show. They have bands a various nights, and that is all besides the fact that they have the largest collection of American Whiskey in the world! Even the restrooms are fancy! When we were done, our waiter Aaron gave us a tour of the whole venue, and it was quite extensive, 5 bars, a fake door that lead to the entertainment area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMp6561VIPDined on 7/26/2014Although the restaurant was dark, it was classy. The separate rooms are large, providing enough space between tables so you are able to have private conversations and not hear your neighbor. We were not rushed and had a very helpful waiter to provide suggestions. I ordered the scallops and was not disappointed. If you like trendy hot spots it's worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/26/2014Great club. Went there for dinner and ate in the lounge. We opted to try a variety of different plates and shared them among the 3 of us. We listened to the band and in between sets, they had burlesque performer who was awesome. She did her dances in a very tasteful manner. MY wife and I and her friend are in our 40's and we had great time as it was something different from the norm.Special Features:
- Burlesque showFunThursdays2Dined on 7/24/2014I enjoyed the Thursday night burlesque show !! Great time ! Good was great ! Dancing was really fun! Great place to party on Thursday night with an adult crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Untitled RestaurantNay0217Dined on 7/19/2014Great hang out place especially for a group of People. The food was great and excellent service. The music was louder than I thought but still great. The atmoshoere was young and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to beJDBoomDined on 7/19/2014I went to Untitled when it opened 2 years ago, had a great time then and decided to go back despite the mixed reviews I heard since. Long story short, I won’t go back: food was average, all the dishes arrived at the same time rushing us to eat fast and live music was too loud (we were right next to the stage). So all in all, not such a great experience.Special Features:
- Awesome x 5OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/16/2014I absolutely loved this place. We were a party if 10 people and everyone had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too darkpnt225VIPDined on 7/14/2014Not sure why this place is even a restaurant. It feels like a dungeon and is ridiculously dark. It may be better off as only a club.
- Always excellent but hotMichellechicagoVIPDined on 7/12/2014Been here a few times on dates with my boyfriend, girls night out and birthday/bachelorette parties. Took my mom out for dinner and we were in the main supper club room with live entertainment. She loved it although it was hard to hold a conversation since it was loud. It was also very humid out and in the past I don't recall the restaurant being so hot and humid. It was a little uncomfortable. Either way, love this place and I highly recommend Untitled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS evening at Untitled!CWannamakerDined on 7/11/2014A friend that lives in Chicago recommended we try Untitled while we were in town visiting from NC... and we were SO glad she made the suggestion!! The food was outstanding, the ambiance was lively, the service was impeccable... it truly was the perfect evening and a great way to celebrate our anniversary. There was a great band playing, but we never felt as if it were too loud or that we couldn't enjoy our conversation with our friends whom we were dining with. Overall it was a truly wonderful evening... I would highly recommend anyone wanting a fun place to dine where you can expect outstanding service and amazing food, to try Untitled! You wont be disappointed!Special Features:
- Fantastic as AlwaysJennyVIPDined on 7/10/2014Untitled is always a treat! Unbridled Thursday entertainment was great as well as our dinner! The wine list was spectacular and the cocktails are spot on! Celebrated Mom's birthday and she was treated like a queen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner or Show Not BothFoodHappy15Dined on 7/3/2014I really wanted to love this place, but it was not to be. My friends and I figured that splurging on a late dinner reservation (dinner+drink=approx $50 a person) would be a good way to guarantee a decent view of the show. Not so. Though the food was great, there was absolutely NO CROWD CONTROL. Newcomers and bar-only goers are allowed to stand wherever they want, restaurant policy as we found out - no word on this from any source prior even though I'd specifically asked. So despite paying hundreds of dollars for dinner within feet of the stage, we couldn't see a thing. We ended up having to sit on the floor in our suits and evening wear to see the stage. Conclusion: go for dinner OR the show but don't expect both because you won't get it.Special Features: