Union Social Eatery
6986 Financial Drive, Unit 6
Mississauga, ON L5N8J4Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Union Social Eatery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.unionsocial.ca/
- Phone: (905) 814-1234
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday&Sunday 10:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 1:00 am, Sunday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Rame
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Weekend Brunch
A word from Union Social Eatery
Union Social Eatery is premium casual dining and socializing venue. It is an upbeat urban environment with a comfortable suburban approachability. It offers a comfortable, relaxed ambiance, food that is made fresh daily and a focus on treating every guest as a neighbourhood regular.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Union Social Eatery - Best Restaurants in Mississauga ›
Union Social Eatery reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (81)neighborhood gem (73)great for lunch (65)hot spot (56)fit for foodies (51)vibrant bar scene (40)late-night find (24)special occasion (22)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (17)notable wine list (15)romantic (4)Show More
- Great foodparisiensVIPDined on 11/17/2014We enjoyed our meal so much that we returned the following day. The chicken tacos, the burgers, and the club sandwich were great meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing and Family FriendlySoniaDined on 11/14/2014As a family with 2 young kids and a baby it is hard to venture out to a restaurant that provides a kids menu along side an amazing meal for adults that doesn't replicate swiss chalet. With a great date night atmosphere yet family friendly service we are happy to know that there is a place that parents can feel at ease bringing their kids and still get a fine dining quality meal. And at a great price no less thanks to their moderately priced yet flavourful menu. Our bill came out to $80 including the tip and we ordered an appetizer to share, our entrees (and of course 2 kids meals) and a beer for the hubby :) highly recommended and we visit every chance we get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took NEW Clients to USE They thoroughly enjoyed it19THOLEVIPDined on 11/13/2014Our NEW Clients thoroughly enjoyed the "USE Experience" and with Melissa as our Server, we received superb service. The Food was also awesome and it turned out to be the Third Year Anniversary of "USE".......So, it was a bit of a Party Atmosphere, with Giveaways and Draws.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "USE" # 1 for SERVICE FOOD CUSTOMER SATISFACTION19THOLEVIPDined on 11/11/2014It's hard to get to be # 1; it's even harder to maintain that Position. BRAVO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceLove2eatDined on 11/7/2014Busy lunch time place, the food was great and so was the service. Melissa did a great job! Food was a bit slow coming out but worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frenchieDined on 11/6/2014I will somewhat taken back at the location of this restaurant in the middle of what appeared to be a strip mall but was pleasantly surprised by the food choice and our waitress was amazing!!Special Features:
- DutchieDined on 11/5/2014Nice place to eat great menu, only downside is the choice of vegetarian main dishes they only had a veggieburger. Our guest ended up orde ring a starter and a Salad without meat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2014Very nice and busy place. Neat decor, feels vibrant. Good food.
- Great!SBGBDined on 11/4/2014Always a great place for a business lunch - great food, quick service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERB !19THOLEVIPDined on 11/3/2014Tried the Ahi Tuna Sliders (For the First Time, here) Awesome. Fresh and with the right amount of Wasabi, to give it that 'Kick'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was really good!SallycatDined on 11/1/2014Ahi Tuna Sliders were amazing! Suggest a choice of baked or mashed potato instead of fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the ShowFeedMeDined on 10/31/2014Much more "laid-back" than the last time I visited. Still a good spot but not quite as bustling as on my previous visits. No visit from the manager/owner which I thought was a nice touch in days gone by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT, on so many levels !19THOLEVIPDined on 10/31/2014The Staff continues to provide superb service and the Food continues to be excellent.Special Features:
- GREAT; JUST GREAT !19THOLEVIPDined on 10/30/2014The Client Dinner at "USE" went off without a hitch. The Food was fresh and served exactly as ordered. Our Waitress (Taylor) was On The Ball and the Service was just 'Awesome'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodShakeNBakeDined on 10/28/2014Took my parents out to eat, they are East Indian, but not too traditional. They loved the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "U S E" continues its # 1 Position.19THOLEVIPDined on 10/28/2014Fresh Food, Friendly Service and a Focus on Customer Satisfaction; makes "USE" a winning combo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local restaurantGoodDined on 10/24/2014Seemed like mere minutes and the food arrived at the table. Piping fresh, appealing to the eye and not exactly to order. I wanted no "sprouts" on my burger and while carrying out the food, Johnathan realized he did not order it that way. Said he could "go to the back and pick off the sprouts" and then return to me? HUH? Bewildered, I accepted the burger as is and bit into it. WOW. Probably the best veggie burger I've had. The fixings of avocado, tomato, lettuce, onion, sauce, etc....flavour exploded in my mouth. Fries? eh, not terrific, much thinner then I expected. Spouse very much enjoyed the shrimp pad thai, said "he would get it again" which is somewhat unusual for him. Dad devoured the chicken wings and fries.Special Features:
- This visit, the food was below par.19THOLEVIPDined on 10/24/2014Sat at the Bar; it was busy. Ordered 'Steak Frites'.....Food arrived cold; Fries were limp. Perhaps it was a delivery issue. Still tasted good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very consistentjrc007Dined on 10/24/2014As always the food was very good here, they consistently deliver excellent lunches. My only issue is that its quite noisy at lunch, I was with an older person and they had trouble hearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchjrc007Dined on 10/21/2014The food here was great and the service very good. The only downside is it is fairly noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meal, meh atmospherebrandcVIPDined on 10/20/2014My husband enjoyed his spinach salad with grilled salmon, which was cooked perfectly. My burger was delicious. My only suggestion would be to offer toppings separately. I had the basic burger but opted for the toppings that come with the veggie burger, for an additional charge. I find the atmosphere here a bit dismal in the dining room ( a Monday evening) and the pictures of "regular people having a good time" on the wall a strange choice of decor. I'm not sure what the target clientele is but the bar seems to be popular. The music emanating from the bar area makes the dining room feel like an afterthought--strange because the food is good. A little more thought should be given to the dining room ambience. Great service!Special Features:
- JUST AWESOME !19THOLEVIPDined on 10/20/2014The whole Crew was feeling adventurous, So, we tried the 'Chicken Vindaloo' for the first time; good, BUT not spicy enough. Keep on changing the Menu and we'll keep trying out the NEW.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KmacDined on 10/19/2014The dining experience continues to be very consistent. Good variety, delicious food and moderately priced. Staff are always welcoming and appropriately attentive. Excellent for repeat business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot foot needs to be hotOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/17/2014We tried Union in Mississauga when it first opened and given it had a few newness kinks, recalled that we should give it another try. We did so this mind-sept weekend and were underwhelmed. Service was alright, lacking a bit of sincerity and more "this is how I'm trained" approach. Tuna slider appetizers were good and burger OK. Foes were cold and over-salted. Fish & chips were bad. Chips cold fish over-battered, undercooked and again cold. Guess it wasn't opening jitters....
- Excellent, as usual !19THOLEVIPDined on 10/17/2014We stopped in to "USE" to fuel up, prior to attending our "2014 Fall Classic Golf Tourney" for United Way. We were on a tight schedule and TINA performmed superbly to get us out in a rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SpotaliladybugDined on 10/17/2014Food is excellent - and the menu choices make it almost impossible to choose! I had the new Vindaloo and it was very tasty. The Quesdillas, chicken strips and pad thai are also excellent.Special Features:
- Fresh Food, Friendly atmosphere !19THOLEVIPDined on 10/15/2014Great spot for Client Meetings. The Staff know how to make the Guests feel welcome. Service, Rules at "USE".Special Features:
- Portions have shrunk!PaulVIPDined on 10/10/2014We have been coming to this place regularly over the past few years since our friends recommended it to us. We love the food, and the service is almost always friendly and prompt. We noticed the other night that our meals were served in smaller sized plates and bowls. My wife's pad thai bowl looked to be about 25% smaller than previous, and my side salad to my burger was also in a much smaller bowl. I know food and labour are a restaurant's two biggest expenses and I guess shrinking the portions rather than raising prices, may be an easier way not to upset your customers. r This place is still the best casual chic restaurant in the GTASpecial Features:
- Service was an Issue!JpsmomDined on 10/9/2014Food was Ok. Not saying I wouldn't go back but it definately would not be my first choice due to the service I received. My steak sandwich was a little on the dry side (overcooked) so I asked for a side of some type of au jus or sauce for it. Waitresses first reply was it would be an extra $3 - wow - you overcook my food and instead of sending it back I ask for a sauce and then tell me it will cost me to fix your cooks mistake - I didn't think this was very good customer service. This was a turn off for me and the co-worker I met there.Special Features:
- GREAT, on so many levels !19THOLEVIPDined on 10/7/2014Fresh Food and Great service.........Second to none !Special Features:
- Good lunchNikiDined on 10/6/2014good food, great servers, clean and inviting environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great visitMiz2LizzieDined on 10/6/2014Love the food and great service! We enjoy the vibe and food choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hang out placelatemoonDined on 10/4/2014Went with friends and a 2 years old. Great food great service. A great place to hang out with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighbourhood gem!etheleatsDined on 10/3/2014Always a great place for food and a night out with friends. Fourth time here and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwayssaturdayfoodieDined on 10/3/2014Been here several times and everything was great as expected. Food was great, service was friendly, and it was at the perfect energy level for a Friday night. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great News, "USE" is still # 1.19THOLEVIPDined on 10/3/2014My two Clients (From Melbourne, AUS and Joburg, SA) botn commented on how fresh the food was and the superb service received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again, A-119THOLEVIPDined on 10/2/2014Tick ALL The Boxes...... Great Food Great Service Great Ambiance Friendly Staff and Management "Where Customer is # 1"Special Features:
- Once again, met ALL of our needs.19THOLEVIPDined on 10/1/2014Brought two new Clients to "USE" and they absolutely enjoyed the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014It was our first time there and we had reservations. We were there 5 minutes early and still had to wait 15 minutes. I really wasn't happy about that, I mean why book online to stand up and wait and be told "Just 2 more minutes guys" a few times. Once sat down we had the pleasure of having Jeanette (Not sure off spelling) and she was AMAZING. Amazing to the point I had a Manager come over and talk to us as I had to tell him about our experience. Had Jeanette not been outstanding I would have never came back. I thought she was great . . . beyond great. As customers we don't think twice to complain because we always have time to complain but we rarely find the time to say how well someone has done, and we need to do more of that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another memorable dining experience19THOLEVIPDined on 9/25/2014Great Food ! Great Ambiance ! Great Service ! Always a pleasure.Special Features: