Union Social Eatery St. Clair
21 St Clair West
Toronto, ON M4V 1K6Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Union Social Eatery St. Clair
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.unionsocial.ca/
- Phone: 4169013456x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 12:00am
Thursday - Friday: 11:00am - 1:00am
Saturday: 10:00am - 1:00am
Sunday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Rame
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Union Social Eatery St. Clair
Union Social Eatery is a new, premium casual eatery known for its well crafted menus and cocktails, an extensive draught and wine selection and the kind of place where comfort rules, and your table is your own little escape. It's a place where you can be yourself, relax, laugh with friends and enjoy great food.Continued
It's common dining, done uncommonly well!
It's common dining, done uncommonly well!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Union Social Eatery St. Clair - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Uptown ›
Union Social Eatery St. Clair reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (24)vibrant bar scene (18)great for lunch (17)hot spot (11)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)great for brunch (3)special occasion (2)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014While the food was good, the noise level was so high that we couldn't carry on a conversation easily
- Friendly service, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014Our family of four came here for the first time on a Sunday night. It was not very crowded - still new to the neighbourhood, I guess. The decor was attractive - lots of weathered looking wood. A nice bar area, comfortable booths and tables. The manager came round, said she'd heard it was our first time and brought us, free of charge a nice selection of three dips with warm naan and tortillas - tasty and a really appreciated touch. A decent selection of craft beers and a simple, varied, casual menu with some nice touches. Enjoyed burger, steak sandwich, pad Thai and fettucine. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a dateGreatEatsDined on 9/12/2014Went on a date here. Great service, a wide variety of drinks to chose from. Did not eat so i am unable to comment on the food menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Beer Variety!JamesmclaDined on 9/1/2014Amazing place! From spicy Pad Thai to quesadillas to bacon cheese burgers - everyone I was with thought their meal was amazing - the beer selection is quite above average - lots of craft brews and they have Belgium's Delirium Tremens beer (former worlds Best beer) on tap which suprised me. the alcohol is slightly of the expensive side but it makes up by having cheap entrées (all under $20 bucks) Great looking restaurant as well with comfy booths and 4 big screen TVs by the bar. GO HERE, period.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energy and ServiceCitylightsVIPDined on 8/29/2014This eatery is more like a sport bar than a bistro . The food is reasonable and good selection. Service was great. However, the noise level is quite high even in the "quiet section".Special Features:
- Friendliest Staff in TorontoupwardspiralVIPDined on 8/8/2014The food was good (OK salad), and a couple of things were great (flatbread), so we enjoyed our dinner. But the best part was the real friendliness of everyone, EVERYONE, on staff. We felt welcomed, at home, and just wanted to come back for the warm friendlies. Kudos to Union Social Eatery for remembering that I can cook at home but I go out to be Social.Special Features:
- Delicious Fish and Chips!ngkevin4VIPDined on 8/6/2014This is an excellent place to go to after work or to socialize with a friend. The servers provided quick service and the food came very quickly. I definitely did not expect myself to enjoy the fish and chips that much. There were two large pieces of fish, which were fried beautifully. The fries were done very well.Special Features:
- Mid98Dined on 6/21/2014Food was very everyone loved there burgers and got to see the soccer gameSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good concept, bad executionDinnerguest22Dined on 6/14/2014Everything under $20 is their hook and I was sold. But as we found out this past weekend, you need more than moderately priced dishes to make a place we would want to return to. The food was good but it was the process of getting it to our table that was oh so bad. After waiting longer than we should have, one appetizer was served at the same time as an entree and another, apparently forgotten, was brought by an apologetic waitress after everyone had almost finished eating their mains. Getting a bottle of wine to the table wasn't much better. A World Cup game was on when we arrived so it would be easy to excuse the slow service and lack of communication between the wait staff, bar and kitchen . . . But we're not going to.
- CheftessDined on 6/13/2014honeslty? I won't go back. too noisy and yes I know it was world cup week(end)...I don't mind enthusiasm but when goals were scored I thought that I might never hear again. Plus our food wasn't as good as I was looking forward based on the recommendation that I got. I am a chef, and yes my standards are high...but I am also aware of what goes on in kitchens and that places have great/good/ and sadly bad days too.Special Features:
- Great lunch and dinner spotKiwiDined on 6/10/2014I work in the area and love coming here. Everything is under $20, even at dinnertime. The fare is a twist on comfort food, so it feels a little sophisticated. Grilled swordfish tacos. Lamb burgers. Almond crusted chicken tenders. The service is always fast and friendly. Overall, 5 stars!Special Features:
- Guest1234Dined on 5/30/2014Food was really good for a pub like restaurant. I recommend for lunch, drinks or a fun casual dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindKyleStarrDined on 5/30/2014Food and service was exceptional. Restaurant filled with energy and "social" conversation. For business meetings, able to have a professional level conversation after 1pm.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Always great food and service at this place. Third time there and will be back - my fave place in the neighborhood which was lacking before. Only qualms are the not great restrooms and that when sports come on they blast them and turn up the lights, which really doesn't go with the ambiance otherwise. Something about the acoustics makes the place loud already adn you kind of have to raise your voice without the sports blaring. I like the music when it's on though - good retro etc. Seems like trying to be both a sports bar and trendy restaurant and should just stick with the latter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded Expectations!JDMDVIPDined on 5/25/2014I went to Union with fairly low expectations, mainly because it was a secondary location for a Mississauga based restaurant. It is also in a location that has seen a revolving door of restaurants come and go over the years. However, this place far exceeded expectations. The service was very friendly and attentive, the beer list is great and varied, and the food was fresh, perfectly cooked, and delicious. There are lots of TVs and the layout would make for a great place to catch a game. It was pretty quiet the night I was there, but the ambiance seems great and the decor fits the area nicely. I will certainly be adding this place to my list of local places to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 32 reviews are from the Union Social Eatery St. Clair reviews archive.
- Very bad first experience!missfelixDined on 5/11/20141 - We were a party of 7, and we were squeezed into a booth, meanwhile there were a lot of other empty tables they could have seated us at. 2 - Our orders took extremely long, including the coffee. 3 - The server forgot to give my little nephew the ice cream that should have been included with his meal. I booked here based on the positive reviews I read and because I was able to make a reservation online to celebrate Mother's Day over brunch. The place itself is nice, however, table service requires a lot of improvement so future first-time customers will have a much better experience than we did and would want to return. My family and I were all excited to eat here, but we were greatly disappointed...Special Features:
- 416NannaDined on 5/8/2014Food was very good. Excellent variety. Very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great delicious food...craigarVIPDined on 5/8/2014...that has some uniqueness to it. Split the blue marlin sandwich and the killer chicken (smoked) sandwich with a friend - both were delicious perfection. The candy salad and spinach salad were excellent as well. So much on that menu that I can't wait to try! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeBryanDined on 5/3/2014Good beer list, interesting menu and cool atmosphere. I will be coming back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was "OK"TurbojaycVIPDined on 4/26/2014Service was very good and the staff was very friendly. The food, however was just "ok". Nothing very creative or different from a typical BIG BOX Jack Astor's/Milestones type restaurant. Good for families, and the bar scene looked good. (we went early because of the kids). I can't say I hated it, but I probably won't go back as it didn't do much for meSpecial Features:
- Very reasonable pricedbebitongVIPDined on 4/22/2014We are frequent patrons of their Mississauga location, we just dined at this location for the very first time with our friends. The seating area is comfortable, the staffs are friendly and the portion of food is very generous. One of us had the special - Butter chicken with bacon sandwich. It was DELICIOUS!! No complaint on other items like appetizers, burger and steak (a tad overcooked). We would not recommend the pad-thai. However, we are overall very please and will return.Special Features:
- Great first experiencejhk27VIPDined on 4/19/2014This was our first time at Union Social Eatery, and really enjoyed the meal. It was a Saturday night dinner with 2 other couples. The menu has options to suit everyone and all at very reasonable prices. Everything is under $20. The food was very good and we definitely will be coming back in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TNTonyDined on 4/12/2014Nice ambience but food not what expected. The truffle fries were cold and had to be returned and weren't any better the second time around. Very soggy and oily. Same with the Calamari. Disappointed for a first visit given that the decor and fun factor are there. The host was very apologetic and tried her best to accommodate us.Special Features:
- Great timeFoodie17Dined on 4/4/2014Went with a group of girlfriends. The food was delicious. The server was friendly & energetic. Will be back with friends and my boyfriend very soon. It has a downtown feel without having to trek down there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of our go-to lunchSarah333Dined on 4/3/2014This is one of our go-to lunch spots. Great, friendly service and great food!Special Features:
- SuperOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014We had a great time and the food was so delicious ! We booked again in two weeks! See you then and thanks! CorinaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.FoodloverVIPDined on 3/29/2014Really impressed by the food and service at Union Social Eatery. They have a large menu with tons of choice for both decadent and healthy eating. We really enjoyed the fish tacos, salad, and turkey club. We will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- Excellent FoodSandraDined on 3/28/2014The food at Social Union Eatery is just pure perfection! It so so fresh and delicious - what else can I say - you gotta eat here!Special Features:
- Good casual diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2014We enjoyed our experience, food was as you'd expect in a restaurant of this type. Service was excellent. Very noisy, great place for a group but not if you're looking for a quiet dinner.Special Features:
- loved the environment, upscalecarmDined on 3/15/2014loved the environment, upscale pub/bar with great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experience!mjrchabotVIPDined on 3/15/2014Union Social is energetic and welcoming. It has a unique menu, offering a twist on many American classics. Excellent beer and cocktail menu, too. Will be going back shortly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd come back but....RiotaylorDined on 3/14/2014Menu selection was great Gluten sensitive options Fries were served cold Service was off Presentation was good Tiny bit loud for conversations Brought in a group of 12, Everyone said they would return. I want to eat everything on the menu!Special Features:
- Glad I went....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2014Overall....a very good experience. Friends enjoyed it, as did my wife. Good soup, salad and I had a very good burger with great fries. Cheesecake was the only let down. Very nice surver and the noise was lod, but quite manageable.Special Features:
- This is a great spot to meetBarryDined on 3/7/2014This is a great spot to meet up and enjoy your evening. Food is amazing, and the staff are the best. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Cheap and cheerfulrosey1963VIPDined on 3/3/2014Union is new to the area and working out some kinks but has great potential. Their menu has nothing over $20 and very affordable drinks. The cocktails claim to be made with fresh ingredients although they a tell take foam suggestive of packaged mix so order accordingly. The food is mediocre a although there are some gems on the menu. The flatbread is quite good as is the steak. Overall good value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lousy greasy foodlittle1VIPDined on 3/1/2014We went here sat night. The music was too too loud. The burger was too too greasy and so were the nachos Would never recommend or go back.
- Great spot for regular visitsLisaDined on 2/28/2014It's great food, reasonably priced, excellent service and friendly atmosphere. It's not a foodie-fancy kind of place. It's nicer than average family-restaurants. The food is very good, and exciting flavours. The atmosphere is cool- exposed brick. Lots of great seating for groups. Big bar and lots on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food, Very Fair Pricesbiat22Dined on 2/28/2014The entire menu is under $20. 3 of us went for lunch and with drinks and tip the bill was only $65. The portions are great and they do not skimp on the quality. Service was great. This was my second time going here in the last month and will use this as a go-to spot down the road.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2014Went here for dinner on a Sunday. We were sat in a mostly empty section. Wait staff came and went but weren't overly attentive. Tacos to start were very, very good. Salmon and Swordfish as mains were mediocre at best. Cheese cake and cookies to finish. Cheesecake was good but the topping was bland. Cookies were good but the mint ice cream was dismal.
- Go here, NOWGabrielDined on 2/22/2014Stellar food, service, and staff. Can't compliment this place place enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.