Union Kitchen & Tap - Gaslamp
333 Fifth Ave
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Union Kitchen & Tap - Gaslamp
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gaslampunion.com/
- Phone: 6197959463
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Union Kitchen & Tap - Gaslamp
Devoted to the Craft - a new downtown location of Union Kitchen & Tap in Encinitas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Union Kitchen & Tap - Gaslamp - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Union Kitchen & Tap - Gaslamp reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (22)vibrant bar scene (20)good for groups (17)hot spot (14)great for lunch (14)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (11)great for brunch (9)late-night find (7)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (4)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great food but not so great serviceanonymouscoffierDined on 8/16/2014Quality, taste, presentation of food have been consistent but service has been OK at best so far.. Our server on last Saturday night was too busy talking to table with 2 girls.. Table next to us was seated after us and he didn’t even notice our appetizer still hasn't come out while that other table was finishing their entree..Special Features:
- Great findDontgetoutmuchDined on 8/10/2014Great place. The drink menu was not to big. Which I like. The drinks we had were flavorful, and I would order them again. The food was fantastic. There is still many other dishes I would love to try. Our waiter was fast and kept our glasses full. There were a few things he suggested to use, and they were great. I will go back and bring friends to share this place with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, horribly slow kitchenSuzyDDined on 8/4/2014Our server was friendly and professional but the kitchen killed any possibility of recommending this restaurant. We waited over 45 minutes for two salads, a flatbread, mussels and shrimp and grits. After all the wait, the food was fair. The place has a great feel. If I did return, it would only be to sit at the bar for a libation.
- Poor ServiceSteakloverVIPDined on 7/28/2014The food was good, especially the mac n cheese and brussel sprouts sides. Problem was they didn't bring out the sides for over 5 minutes after the entree and then no serving utensils until we went and asked. Worst part was no one seemed to care, especially our waiterSpecial Features:
- Great Gaslamp HangoutHHhoundDined on 7/26/2014Great outdoor seating. Solid food and drinks. I would recommend this place for brunch, lunch and happy hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fun DinnerKTLLDined on 7/22/2014I came with 2 friends and we sat outside - it was a fun dinner! Our waitress was amazing and the bartender mixed some great drinks! Food was good and very reasonable priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch !!!;deliciousVIPDined on 7/19/2014Not only is this the best restaurant in SD but it's hands down my favorite restaurant PERIOD !! Service is impeccable!! Food is phenomenal!! I've been there 20 times and I've tried everything on the menu and everything is TOP NOTCH !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing managementDcycleDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I were early customers and it was a regular stop. We were excited to get reservations outside for Friday of Comic Con. We tried for 2 months and were finally told 2 weeks ago we had them for what would have been tonight. we were going to treat two people who have almost no income. We were told Wednesday (2 days ago) that now if we wanted to keep the spot there would be a $50 minimum per person charge. This should have been told to us two weeks ago. This totally ruined our Friday night because by the time we were told it was impossible to get a reservation elsewhere. We could not afford what they wanted, they should have honored our reservation as it was given. This is not how you treat regular customers or anyone else.
- Great food and ambiance.KcooperDined on 7/11/2014Great but service was a little slow, especially for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite place to eat in SDdeliciousVIPDined on 6/30/2014The food is dope especially the fish especially the scallops, the mix drinks are off the hook. Service is great just make sure you get a male server. My girl and I ate there 5 times in 3 days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingjasontuodVIPDined on 6/26/2014Non-existent service. Barely mediocre food. So disappointing for such a beautiful build out at such a prime spot in the Gaslamp. Let's hope they at least improve the horrible service.
- Fig FlatbreadLoriBDined on 6/26/2014Fig flatbread is exceptional! Wait staff friendly and attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/21/2014We had an awesome waitress named Stephanie who was very dilligent and FUN! Sitting outside is lovely.Special Features:
- Great food and atmospheremyssahallVIPDined on 6/20/2014The French onion soup is amazing. I really like the open concept and outdoor seating areas.Special Features:
- Happy HourKiKiGFDined on 6/20/2014Have been to Union many times, always great! This last time it happened to be happy hour- great happy hour menu, perfect portions and $2 off draft drinks!!! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceRashaDined on 6/1/2014This was my second Sunday for brunch in a row. The first weekend the waitress told us she was new so we gave her a break when she would forget our drinks and take forever to just come around so we could ask her for another bottomless mimosa. I enjoyed the outdoor seating so I went back last weekend and the service was once again extremely slow. We ordered acai bowls and it took her almost ten minutes to bring us spoons which we requested, constantly forgetting our mimosas and also never around if we needed anything. She came to our table and told us she would come our mimosas because the service she gave wasn't good but still charged us once the bill came. Very dissapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a shot...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Food and drinks were between average and good, location is great, service was friendly but so so so so slow. Maybe it was because we were a large group. I would come back with a friend to sit at the bar and have dinner but would not recommend this to families or a large group gathering for a celebration.Special Features:
- Cool Urban Bar & GrillLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 5/17/2014Nice, woodsy and fashionable decor, very open ambiance. Friendly and bustling with good service. Great American comfort food menu. Calimari and mac & cheese were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Union Kitchen & Tap - Gaslamp reviews archive.