Union Grill - Ogden
2501 Wall Avenue
Historic Union Station
Ogden, UT 84401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Union Grill - Ogden
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://uniongrillogden.com/
- Phone: 8016212830
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am -4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Peter Buttschardt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our friendly staff will gladly take care of all of your reservation needs for all events held in one of the many charming rooms at Ogden"s Historic Union Station or at a location of your choice. We also carry a special permit for providing cocktail and wine service at the Station.
A word from Union Grill - Ogden
Union Grill is an American restaurant in Ogden.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Union Grill - Ogden reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Experience Every TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2013Every time I and my friends go to the Union Grill in Ogden Utah, we have one of the best experiences. The Food is constantly to our liking and the Service is even Better. We always ask to be seated in a particular servers area. She is the best, she laughs with us and makes us feel at home in the restaurant. I hope it is ok to mention her name. "Janica" ask for her when you go in. She will make your experience the best you could ever have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was tasteless. serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2013food was tasteless. service was even worse. we didnt even get plates to go with our food and had to use the bottom small plates from the soup.
- I really enjoy the food andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013I really enjoy the food and atmosphere at the Union Grill. The only thing I would recommend improving is the Hostess's attitudes. We had a party of 10. We did not all arrive at the same time, and when checking in with the hostess booth we were told rather rudely to just go find our party. There was no help given as we were expected to just wander around until we found our party. That's something I would recommend fixing. Other than that we had a great experience! Loved our waiter Corey. He did a great job!
- The food was good especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013The food was good especially the French onion soup. The salad I had was ok it wasn't spectacular but the entrée the other party in the group was really good. I had a cocktail which was absolutely tasteless - it tasted like water with a tiny bit of alcohol but otherwise the beer menu is good.Special Features:
- Reservations about Union GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2013We made a reservation through Open Table. I called to confirm, but when we arrived they had lost our reservation and our group had to wait 30+ minutes in a very crowded, noisy, child-filled hallway. Host staff kept telling us that it would only be a few minutes. When finally seated, the wait staff was excellent. She knew we weren't happy after waiting, so got us drinks and took our orders very quickly. The food was good, reasonably priced. While the bread was very white and boring, the meals were tasty. The linguine topped with vegetables was great and someone enjoyed the meatloaf. On our annual group trip to Ogden we probably won't return to Union Grill given the unrealiabity of reservations and wait area.
- We had a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013We had a great experience at Union Grill. The food was delicious and the service was wonderful! I recommend the Bread Pudding for dessert!!!Special Features:
- Great restaurant at a great priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Me and my girlfriend really enjoyed or Valentines Day dinner at the Union Grill. It was our first time dining their and we were pleasantly surprised. We were 15 minutes early for our reservation and we were seated immediately. I asked for a secluded table away from most of the other tables and they did just that for us. Our server was very nice and was always checking up on us. The food was very good and at a surprising price. While finishing up our meals, we had already made plans to come the following week. It is a great local restaurant and we will definitely be going there a lot more from hear on out.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2013The food was delicious and we felt like we were actually welcome to stay there and eat with no rush despite it being lunchtime. Our waitress was attentive and friendly and made sure we had everything we needed.Special Features:
- This place is wonderful, IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012This place is wonderful, I ordered there special. Which was prime rib and it was amazing.Special Features:
- Had the New Year's special,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012Had the New Year's special, (filet and king crab), with my wife. The steaks were excellent and the crab was perfect. Kids had the chicken tacos and the chicken carbonara and loved both of them. The service was excellent. Being able to use Open Table to make a reservation was the icing on the cake.Special Features:
- Thank you, we came to theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012Thank you, we came to the Union Grill as family to celebrate my daughters 20th birthday. Nicole our server was wonderful and took extremely good care of us on a very busy night. Thank you!Special Features:
- This is one of our favoriteWicklessOneVIPDined on 12/18/2012This is one of our favorite places to eat usually. However this time my meal not so good. I had a rice bowl special. Rice and veggies overcooked. Chicken overcooked. I wouldnt include on specials again.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012We love this place and frequent it often. Highly recommend Cobb salad and Carbanara. Also love the bread pudding.Special Features:
- The concrete floors and openPCWildcatVIPDined on 12/8/2012The concrete floors and open beamed ceilings make this a noisy place. Parking is always difficult. The menu is wide ranging from burgers to pastas to fish and steak. The prices are good. Service can be slow on weekends.Special Features:
- Really good food, not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012Really good food, not so great customer service. Waiter didn't have much personality, but was nice overall.Special Features:
- A local favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012We're locals and continue to go back to this place. We of course have our favorites and this is one of them. We love the Carbonara and the Cobb Salad. We usually order their bread pudding too. Delicious food, sometimes a little noisy atmosphere though.Special Features:
- My date ordered The roastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2012My date ordered The roast and it was AMAZING. I ordered salmon and it was good, however the rice that came with it was brown with sausage, not what was expected to be paired with fish, a refreshing brown wild rice would have been much better with the fish.
- The service was pretty good,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012The service was pretty good, and their pasta dishes were tasty. I would not recommend the salsa, fajitas, pumpkin-squash soup or the Philly cheese steak. They either had no flavor or tasted unpleasant.
- We were traveling and outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2012We were traveling and out of state. decided to have dinner, for the kids. We had no idea of where to eat nor were we familiar with the city. I logged onto a software program called Open Table and did a search. I found five recommendations and we chose Union Grill and made reservation right from the iPad. End of story. How cool. The place was great. Sorry we did not have more time there.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2012The food and service were outstanding. This was my second time at this restaurant, both were for business dinners while in Ogden for work. Everyone in our party really enjoyed their food whether it was seafood or chicken, etc. The server was very attentive to our needs and really nice and knew her stuff. I will come back to the Union Grill next time I am in Ogden and I would highly recommend this restaurant. Great experience.
- AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2012Words cannot express how disappointed I was with the Union Grill. I have no idea why there are good reviews for this place online. We arrived at the restaurant and no one was at the front desk to seat us. We walked in ourselves before a waiter found us and showed us to our seat. When our waiter brought out our food, I couldn't help but think that I could get a better chicken sandwich at McDonalds than the one she placed in front of me. Our waiter asked us if we wanted a box for our food after we had taken two or three bites; she also never refilled our water. The food was terrible, I only saw one train pass by through the hazy windows, and I payed what I would pay at a nice restaurant. I have never taken a girl to a worse restaurant.
- Food and service always great.WicklessOneVIPDined on 8/4/2012Food and service always great. One of our favorites.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2012Great food and atmosphere. Had a large party, reservation was ready as advertised and service was great.Special Features:
- Good, not great for dinner. TRAINS!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012Went to the U.G. with my wife's grandmother, my wife, and our 3 year old son. The food was quite good, and seemed like a good value. This is not a gushing review because everything was just "quite good", but nothing I'd rave about. We were sitting next to a window that looked into the main area of the old train station -- which was pretty neat. The best part is the train museum outside. The history of them is neat, but the best part is that your kids (and you!!) can climb up on them to explore a bit. I'm not sure I can count this as part of the restaurant, but it certainly is part of the trip to Union Grill. Overall, I'd encourage people to try it out. The food is actually pretty good, even if not spectacular. And the location is fun.Special Features:
- Great local restaurant. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012Great local restaurant. Good food, heathy choices and great service. Was fun to look at the old trains after dinner.Special Features:
- Union Grill Anytime!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012I've never been disappointed at the Grill! It's fun to watch the trains go by.Special Features:
- Healthy food was the salmonJamesVIPDined on 6/21/2012Healthy food was the salmon with steamed vegtables. Onion soup was good but not a healty preparation.Special Features:
- The service was real goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2012The service was real good after we got a new waitress. The guy we started with was marginal at best. The pecan chicken was over done, but the veggies were very good. The manager comped half the meal for the chicken and for that reason I would go back. I figure everyone makes mistakes but it is how you fix them that makes a difference.
- Great food and service! ItOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/26/2012Great food and service! It was a very noisy the night we dined, but the hostess graciously moved us away from the loud goup seated across from us.Special Features:
- I enjoyed the food a lot,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012I enjoyed the food a lot, we had a group of six, and couldn't fet seated for around 20 minutes. However even though it took a while they offered free chips because of the waitSpecial Features:
- I thought the service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2012I thought the service was excellent, and the place was very clean. The food was good, although I had the flatiron steak, and thought the portion size was small. But overall,I would dine there again, and suggest it to others..Special Features: