Union City Grille
805 North Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19805Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Union City Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.unioncitygrille.com/
- Phone: 3026549780
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm Holiday Hours: Vary, please call for exact times
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Matthew Curtis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have the capabilities of doing creative off premise catering.
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining area is perfect for professional presentations, special occasions or holiday parties. Custom menus, dedicated staff and flexible furnishings make hosting any event an easy and memorable experience. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew Curtis 3026549780
- Entertainment: Entertainment weekly. Check www.UnionCityGrille.com for an updated list of live entertainment.
- Special Events: 1/2 Price Martini Thursdays, Brews and Blues Wednesday. 1/2 Price Burger Monday nights. Wine Dinners.
A word from Union City Grille
Metromixes: Best "Steakhouse" Restaurant of 2010 ***Our seating is very versatile. Call us if you have trouble booking through Open Table. A short drive from just about anywhere! UCG began in 2003. In September 2008 Chef Matthew Curtis purchased the business and brought aboard Executive Chef Robert Lhulier to define the cuisine. Together, they team up to bring you "Food that tastes the way it should". Fresh ingredients, prepared simply with little fuss. The silky Crab Bisque, Chili and steak are the areas best. UCG's bar & lounge is ideal for relaxing, gathering with friends by the fireplace or watching the game on 4 large HD TV's. Enjoy a micro brew, glass of a wine or a nice scotch. The private dining area is perfect for any event from 6 to 60. Call for larger parties. Sunday dining features the areas only "Name your cut Filet" for just $2 an ounce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Union City Grille - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Union City Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (12)great for lunch (10)good for groups (9)notable wine list (6)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- $2/oz Filet Night is a Great Deal05allyDined on 8/17/2014The Sunday night special was a delicious deal at $2 an ounce, add Horseradish Whipped potatoes and a veggie and you have a great meal. My only complaint was the Creme Brulee for $7...served in the typical oval ramkin it was about a 1/4" deep with brulee, barely a dessert and not worth the price.Special Features:
- Good Value for CostVeganKimVIPDined on 8/5/2014Our dinner was fun and enjoyable. Good restaurant, close to home.
- Food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014I purchased a living social for Union City and the food and service were both impressive. They have great specials throughout the week as well, that I will be back for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful find!foodisgr8Dined on 8/2/2014we tried this out after using a living social coupon. we were very pleasantly surprised and will definitely return! great wait staff and the food could not have been more fresh.Special Features:
- Glad we came ...ChaddsCoupleDined on 8/1/2014The Filet (5 oz) was prepared as requested and was perfect ... and the Lamb Meatloaf was excellent. A cup of the Crab Bisque was a great starter ... full of crab in a rich, creamy bisque. Great Start. And the server was friendly and engaging ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Person's delight!VJGreenVIPDined on 7/24/2014Great food, very reasonable pricing and even though the dining room was very busy, you have no trouble hearing each other WITHOUT having to speak loudly. Maura was our server was superb. Try the crab bisque and the calamari...house made ... Best in the area. Owner manages his establishment and it shows. Great job UNION CITY GRILLESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UC BugerJimmyCDined on 6/28/2014was really great. I ordered well done. It came without any pink yet was still quite juicy, my kudos to the chefSpecial Features:
- Relaxed DiningJuanSotoDined on 6/20/2014We had a large party but a GREAT time. The staff was EXCELLENT and super friendly, and the food DELICIOUS! Thank you to Chef Matt and our server Shavon. You made our event success!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good date nightL1nda1106VIPDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I enjoyed a delicious and leisurely dinner Saturday night. We'd been to UCG before and were surprised that it's wasn't busier. We shared an arugula salad, which was really, really fresh, and a tenderloin spring roll appetizer, also very good. My husband had the filet and I had a plank steak. We both really enjoyed our meals. The only complaint was, if you're trying to eat vaguely healthy, it seemed like everything had some kind of cream sauce. But this isn't the place to go if you're on a diet, anyway. We cleaned our plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayjazznightDined on 5/11/2014We had a wonderful Mother's Day dinner at Union City. The music from Bruce Anthony was very special...he can play and sing the standards like no one else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JRB1Dined on 5/10/2014This is our first time here since they changed their menu - it now seems like a much more limited menu. My husband always enjoyed the steaks here, but there was now only a filet. He said it was fine, but he did not rave about it as he had before. I had sea scallops with pureed sweet potatoes and roasted brussell sprouts, which was quite good, though the sprouts were a bit underdone. The salads were good and very generous. The beer and wine lists had a lot of variety.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday 2 for $20 was ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/6/2014Great deal on Tuesday with an appetizer and entree for $20. Excellent choices. We tried the Eggplant appetizer, Swordfish entree and Flat Iron Steak entree. Excellent food with great combinations of vegetables and sauces. Plan to go back again.Special Features:
- The following 376 reviews are from the Union City Grille reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2014Little limited on the menu but everything we had was delicious. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Great Group Dinnerboston1952Dined on 4/24/2014Ten of us dined for Dining Out for Life night. The restaurant has two dining areas and a bar. The front room is cozy with great ambience. Service was friendly and prompt. There were martini specials in addition to wine specials and an extensive list of beers. The champagne-tini I had came in a sugar rimmed martini glass and was quite good. Others enjoyed their cocktails too. The restaurant is known for its beef and pasta dishes. The braised short ribs with crispy polenta was quite good with two good-sized slices of the polenta and a perfectly cooked short rib. The blue cheese cream on the polenta could have been a little stronger for my taste. The kitchen was very accommodating to special requests. Definitely worth a repeat visit.Special Features:
- Never disappointed with UCGHilltopperDined on 4/22/2014Attended Tuesday 2-for-$20 dinner special and had expertly cooked and seasoned soft shell crabs with grits and wilted kale. Chef Matt Crist's food never disappoints, but he reinterprets traditional dishes like deviled eggs and crab... Think about a perfect deviled egg with lightly seasoned lump crabmeat on top. The hot asparagus soup was another winner. And if you haven't been to UCG on Mondays for the half-priced burger (and fries or side!), then you're missing out... I find I grill less because I live nearby... Almost a pity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014It was a very comfortable place. Food was divine. Entertainment fantastic, not too loud. Great for groups.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great MusicKatieDined on 3/18/2014My husband and I recently celebrated our 6 month wedding anniversary here. It is one of our favorite places to go. This time there was live music which we really enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as always dinner was great.itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014as always dinner was great.it was my mom's 85th birthday and she enjoyed the evening especially having steve sing at our tableSpecial Features:
- Date nite w/ Trish & Vernon 3/12/14VJGreenVIPDined on 3/12/2014This restaurant seems to know how to please their customers. The server (Barb) was nothing short of fantastic...timely, friendly and takes the time to see if all is okay without being bothersome. The Filet was fantastic....but the Lamb Meatloaf was a HOMERUN! Exceptional presentation on both entrees. The crab bisque was very flavorful, and probably better than can be found anywhere on the Easter Shore of Maryland...."the expert area". A nice twist on the dessert also......Creme'Brulee Rice Pudding....Very tasty. Nice job by the kitchen, the wait staff and the owner/manager. ONE GREAT EXPERIENCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday nightHarryDined on 3/10/2014Best burger in town. Looking forward to next week.....but whoa, why do I have to wait?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekly visit to this place.BrunchVIPDined on 3/9/2014Weekly visit to this place. Always good food. Need a great steak sauce however.... The only disappointment. Could also use more extensive appetizer offering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/4/2014Everything we ordered was excellent. Sat at bar and enjoyed bar tender and great Jazz music on a Tuesday evening. Tuesdays seem to be a great Wine Tasting night with food specials. We ate off regular menu which was A++.Special Features:
- A real surprise!nieveyDined on 3/1/2014Used a Groupon certificate for dinner on Saturday evening. What a delightful surprise. My husband and I had a lovely dinner. The seafood was very well prepared and of high quality. The sides were well prepared and were well paired with the entree. Being the first time using groupon, I needed help from our server Shioban, who most graciously assisted this Groupon novice. We will surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, reasonably pricedBabsDined on 3/1/2014Dined here for the first time at a recommendation of a friend. The food was good, but I wouldn't classify it as great. The crab bisque was delicious as well as the cobb salad, but the many small plate appetizers we ordered were just OK. The mussels were very bland--the sauce was pretty much tasteless. The grilled shrimp were good, the spring rolls not bad. Roasted garlic sausage was very good. Calamari good, as well (though didn't care for the dipping sauce). The service, however, was very slow. Overall, it was a good dining experience, though not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun with SteveJimmyDined on 2/28/2014Made reservations here to listen to Steve Silicato sing...very enjoyable. Service was excellent all night, but for some reason, our last order for a special on the menu was never delivered to the table. We left the restaurant still in need of food! We were not charged for that dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunch - great spotVJGreenVIPDined on 2/27/2014Business people....take notice...great food, exceptional service, free parking, in a setting that you can actually talk business without having to raise your voice or strain your ears to hear. The acoustics here are such that you don't hear the other conversations that are going on, and they aren't listening to yours. I have become a regular here for all of these reasons. The owner is HANDS ON!!!! The chef is creative and the staff is VERY customer aware. I highly recommend that with any entrée or sandwich you may decide on, be sure to include a cup of the crab bisque....probably the best in region. NO....I do not work here, I have no connection to the owner. This establishment is that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLOWrickDined on 2/22/2014server was slow and the restaurtant wasn't that busy , this was second time in a month they said they had franelico. she came back in 20 minutes said they were sold out on friday ,maybe just wasn't her nite The food is always excellent . we do love coming to your restaurtant we love the relax feeling we get there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant surprisebijouDined on 2/21/2014This was our first time eating in the dining room. My fiancee had the scallops - very good, and cooked perfectly. I had the small plate beef tenderloin- spring roll. excellent quality beef. we could hear the guitar paying in the bar area - just right sound level, and he was excellent. bar was hopping. only negative was the dining room decorations, etc. are dated.Special Features:
- not up to usual standardsWilmingtonnativeDined on 2/16/2014We have eaten at Union City Grille many times. The food has always been excellent, and the service good. I am hoping this last sunday will be an exception and not a trend. Our server was very pleasant, but spacey, forgetting a number of details about our order. She came back several times to ask questions, and still forgot our vegetable requests when our entrees were served. Service overall was slow. My mother-in-law asked for her filet medium well, and it was definitely medium rare. The blue cheese sauce that accompanied my short rib and polenta was lacking in flavor - not a good combo with the mild polenta. The crab bisque was outstanding, as always. We will go back, and hope for a return to the quality we have experienced before.I would recommend this to a friend.
- All I wanted was a good steak...KlmkarenDined on 2/15/2014And I got it! Perfectly seasoned, perfectly cooked, the UCG steak sauce was just the right touch. Sides were green beans cooked al dente and whipped potatoes! Just what I wanted and wasn't disappointed. Service was just right ! We'll be back. The atmosphere was perfect, too!Special Features:
- Awesome Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014The food was amazing. We had the Crab Bisque soup which was outstanding! Calamari was good, not the best we've had, but still very good. My wife had the scallops which were exceptional. I had the NY Strip that was cooked perfectly! Very good beer list. Our server was quirky, I'll leave it at that. Very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's dinnerWoodyDined on 2/14/2014The food was excellent. We had tuna and New York Strip steak; both were cooked to perfection. Sides, appetizer, and cocktails were also prepared to a high standard. The server was attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leaps better than years agoBaconIsAVegetableVIPDined on 2/14/2014We haven't eaten here in years due to mediocre experiences in the past, but we will definitely be back after our Valentine's Day meal. The roasted cauliflower appetizer with spinach and chili was a nice start. My scallops over roasted brussel sprouts and sweet potato puree was AWESOME. Seriously the best scallop dish I ever had. One complaint would be the decor which needs some serious upgrades. It's too old, bright, and not at all romantic feeling. My only only mini-complaint was about the dessert. The flavors did not meld together well - the apples and salted caramel would have been better paired with a vanilla ice cream (not a hard double chocolate chip). Overall, my compliments to the chef.Special Features:
- We highly recommend. AlwaysGreatVIPDined on 2/10/2014We highly recommend. Always great service and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Regular PatronBrunchVIPDined on 2/1/2014We ar At Union City almost every week. The steak order for my daughter had to be sent back twice. Once wrong order, they came with salmon instead. Second they had the steak prepared incorrectly. Nothing was offered like free dessert to accommodate the waiter's inaccuracy. Waiter was absent from our table. Other waitresses were giving us water since he seems to disappear after serving us. What's up with that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night!luvtohearSteveDined on 1/31/2014Waiter recognized us as we sat down and remembered our favorite drink. Brought two new couples in with us to see Steve Silicato sing. He was just great. Food here is better than it was a year ago. Calamari could have been crispier. Other dishes were pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!Sadie1Dined on 1/24/2014My friends and I enjoyed a great meal and nice wine as a pre-dinner show before heading to the Hotel DuPont theatre. It was perfect...food was really good, waitress was attentive and friendly, and we didn't have to wait too long for anything. Overall, we were all really pleased with our meals and the restaurant. Three of us had the salmon and we enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Improved food and new wine listDEdinerVIPDined on 1/23/2014Quality of the food here has always been good but has improved in variety and sophistication.The service by Maura, John and others has always been first rate. The most impressive change has been the additions to the wine list including a number of premium bottles as well as a half price offer on selected bottles on Thursdays. There 2 for $20 dinners on Tuesdays is also a great bargain.Special Features:
- Great Night OutnightoutDined on 1/18/2014UCB was a great night out for our group of 4. We enjoyed the food, were very pleased with the noise level...so challenging to have great conversations when at the bigger, box restaurants...This had an intimate, clean feeling and we were able to enjoy our company even though the place was packed. It was Saturday night. Enjoyed my scallop entree, fettucine with meatballs was overflowing with pasta. Crab cake and shrimp appetizers were great. Tried dessert, cheesecake and chocolate hazelnut creme brulee. Great with coffee Really enjoyed the wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunch 01 15 14VJGreenVIPDined on 1/14/2014Great location for a business lunch. Quiet atmosphere with great acoustics which allow you to speak in normal tones and not be heard by the other tables. Best Crab Bisque in town.....and the sandwiches are plentiful...Beef Tenderloin on ciabatta with your choice of chees and sautéed onions is fantastic as was the Pork Shoulder sandwich. Salads are robust, fresh and large. Great value and the services is always great. Strongly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.