union : asian supper club
8 E Atlantic Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
union : asian supper club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.uniondelray.com/
- Phone: 5613304236
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Rich Achaia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
A word from union : asian supper club
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
union : asian supper club reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance2.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (6)fit for foodies (5)great for outdoor dining (4)good for groups (4)hot spot (3)romantic (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- ok for not serious sushiTahiaVIPDined on 8/7/2014lol it's a club first restaurant second. who goes to these? sad crowd. cheap sushi. waiter does not know what nigiri is. it's like ok strip mall sushi.
- BarryDined on 7/26/2014The Early Bird special is fantastic. The sushi and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deafening dining experiencelovegoodfoodDined on 7/25/2014While the food & service were excellent we could not enjoy our guests due to the noise level indoors. Due to the heat, eating outside, for us, was not an option. The loudness of the music made It truly deafening. Because of this neither I or the three others that I was dining with would return. Union is definitely for a young 20 something crowd.Special Features:
- Union is very good.BarryDined on 6/14/2014The Asian small plates are very good, as well as some of the main plates. The sushi would be excellent with less sushi rice in the rolls. The excess rice takes away from the flavors of the main ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- regular patronbp46Dined on 6/13/2014almost always pleasantly surprised and satisfied here. recommend it regularlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always fun!!MegmarshDined on 6/7/2014Even though it was a little buggy, the fans worked full force (next time hopefully they won't run out of bug spray). Everything we ate was delicious, and the two for one deal can't be beat. I gave only 4 stars because they were out of a LOT of the things we wanted, and it was EARLY on a Saturday night. But, as I said, you can't beat the place for great deals, good ambience, and delicious food (whatever they have..)......Special Features:
- Great Menu ChoiceshappysoulDined on 5/31/2014Having been at the restaurant a number of times I am constantly pleased at the consistency of good service and and great food choices!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Very average food incredibly noisy and average service
- 50% off misleadingJayKayDined on 5/30/2014Great for happy hour, although the 50% off is misleading.......who would spend double that on appetizers ?? Food was tasty, first of three drinks was solid and then watered down for 2 and 3. As long as you don't "buy" the happy hour special you can enjoy the downtown ambiance.Special Features:
- The following 129 reviews are from the union : asian supper club reviews archive.
- FoodieDined on 4/17/2014We went for the unlimited sushi and sake The sushi was delicious and the Singapore vodka and orange was a good drink. Unfortunately, the service was extremely slow and the waiter would disappear for long periods of time. Since you can only order one roll at a time, this made for a night that dragged on. In addition, the valet was rude, which started the night off wrong. However, I would go back because the sushi was yum. Hope for a better experience on the next visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sitting outside is a valet standJayBVIPDined on 4/12/2014The restaurants next door run a very busy valet stand and all of the coming and going takes place right in front of Union. The lobster taco was excellent, as advertised, and the food was good, overall, but at 8;00 on Saturday night they are more concerned with becoming a bar than excellence for restaurant patrons.
- We really enjoyed this spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/21/2014We really enjoyed this spot. Chose it based on other reviewers and they weren't wrong! Excellent lobster soft tacos. Interesting, different and very good sushi. Great service - friendly and knowledgeable. Also turns into a dance club after 10:00 PM. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful and FunNatyDined on 3/8/2014My cousin and friends joined me for a late meal. Union Asian Super Club had last minute availability so my expectations were low. other restaurants on the strip were booked. What a pleasant surprise. They have two menus with many options. We went with sushi. The Miami roll is amazing! The food in general was excellent, the waiters were so kind and the place was hopping. DJ came out after dinner...great night out!Special Features:
- good foodsteveVIPDined on 3/8/2014food was great. choices were varied would definitely repeatSpecial Features:
- Big DisappointmentUrbane1VIPDined on 3/1/2014Not only was the food a disappointment; tried the highly touted lobster tacos which were dry and smokey and the rest of the entress were way too over sauced) but our server was downright nasty.Special Features:
- Asian restaurant and clubBillVIPDined on 3/1/2014There are two options. Outside seems quieter, with a good people watching perch on Atlantic Avenue. We ate inside, in a large fairly open space that turns into a club at 11 pm on weekends. The drinks and wine list were interesting and well chosen, and all of our dishes were very good. The Pad Thai was especially tasty. Our waiter was clearly brand new, but charming and trying very hard. The space is cavernous, with some standard and high top tables that are cleared to make way for the club. The music is loud and there are lots of light displays, including the entire back wall. Overall, we would do it again. Don't take your great Aunt Nellie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding - AGAIN!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/22/2014I reviewed this restaurant a week ago, when we were blown away how great the lobster tacos were. We went back again and ordered the Pad Thai with shrimp, chicken (plus lobster for extra $6.00. It was fantastic! Also ordered the skirt steak, which was marvelous. The prices are great too! as was our server, Danielle. Can't wait to return and try other items. This place is a winner across-the-board.Special Features:
- WOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/15/2014We went for dinner on a Saturday night, Reservation a must. Sat outside. Very nice if you enjoy the downtown Delray scene. This was our first time at this restaurant. First we ordered one appetizer: Lobster Tacos for $13.00. OMG. Three large tacos overflowing with big pieces of succulent Maine lobster. Absolutely delicious! Enough for a whole dinner for one! So what did we order for dinner? Another Lobster Tacos. Couldn't finish that one. Took one of the three home for lunch next day. Going back soon to try other items on the menu. P.S. The sauce that comes with the tacos is fantastic too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderful restaurant.bigapplejdsDined on 2/15/2014Consistently wonderful restaurant. Fantastic deal for food and drinks during Happy Hour.Special Features:
- Urban Chic DiningVincentDined on 2/14/2014Very enjoyable dining on Sushi and other seafood at this very lively gastro-pub!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected surpriseCheryleDined on 2/1/2014We thought the food and service were great. Surprised it wasn't busier on a Saturday night Loved the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food!Dineout54Dined on 1/4/2014We ordered several different dishes to share. The sushi ws fresh & delish! We really enjoyed the lettuce wraps, Ribs & Duck fried rice....everything we ordered was fresh and made to order. We ordered the fondue for dessert and we loved it! The owner was very friendly and knew his food! The staff was very efficiant and super friendly! Can't wait to go back to this gem of a restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our first time there.Camiel7Dined on 1/4/2014It was our first time there. At 50% off, it is a nice place to meet friends for dinner. The food was good, but the huge TV screen was distracting and made it hard to talk!Special Features:
- Great Food, Drinks & DanceQuicksandDined on 11/9/2013This place is hip with great décor/bar scene. A fun place to go for drinks & appetizers early & Drinks - Dance late!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is really good and food/drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/9/2013Food is really good and food/drinks are a good value. The chicken in lettuce wraps is the best that I have eaten. Lobster taco is a little dry and could use a spicy sauce to make it a very good dish. During my 4 visits to Union, the service has consistently been very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food, fair serviceDelrayDivaVIPDined on 10/18/2013We love this restaurant - we go at least once a month - but the service at our last visit was not good. Our server seemed bored and ignored us consistently. When we would motion to him (which we do not usually do but there was no choice on this occasion) he would acknowledge us and then never come to our table. Unfortunately, the quality of service was so poor that if we get that server again we will ask to be reseated.
- More of a club then a restaurantMomof2Dined on 8/31/2013The waitress waited until an hour after we ordered to tell my husband they didn't have anymore of what he ordered. Then he reordered and they were out of that too.Special Features:
- Much better with menu change!DelrayDivaVIPDined on 6/29/2013The menu change was much needed at this neighborhood restaurant. Folks who don't care for oriental food can now find something on the menu to entice them. The change in the center tables not being used for dinner seating is also great. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every dish served was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/29/2013All three diners raved about the food and service. Kim was our waitress and raised our ding experience with her friendly attitude and her quality service. The food was high in flavor and very well prepared. We dine at Asian restaurants frequently and would put our Union dining experience as one of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/18/2013GREAT happy hour!! The service was wonderful, manager attentive, and food fantastic.Special Features:
- Always Fun!MiniBeastDined on 5/18/2013I have never had bad service, bad food, or a bad experience here. Always a great time and I'm not afraid to take people here that have never been. Awesome selection and great flavors. Servers are attractive and friendly. Staff is more than happy to help!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu is great!DelrayDivaVIPDined on 5/18/2013The new menu is a vast improvement over previous. There are things that are not sushi and oriental foods available, which means my husband will go there more often with me. HURRAH! The food was VERY good and certainly plentiful. We look forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi with panachechimpatiVIPDined on 5/10/2013Great sushi; creative options; amazing back wall of jellyfish video one night when there was no sporting event on. They give you a 3-for-1 happy hour drink till 8PM cause its quite the late night scene here we gathered. Anyway, the sushi was great and we did go back again to enjoy our other drinks. Loved the Sake-lada: Sake, pineapple and coconut.Special Features:
- Great happy hour!delrayfanVIPDined on 5/4/2013Food was excellent, service was excellent and the three for one happy hour was excellent. I'll be back, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great friendly service, ambience,QuicksandDined on 4/25/2013Great friendly service, ambience, appetizer & drinks! Love outdoor seating with the " Banyan Tree " in courtyardSpecial Features:
- We arrived early 6:00 duringOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013We arrived early 6:00 during a downpour, so the restaurant was fairly quiet. But we enjoyed it very much. Interesting appetizers and a good happy hour.Special Features:
- Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/17/2013Food is amazing and selections plentiful. Sushi is fresh and the menu is brimming with fun and unusual combination rolls. Appetizers were delicious and the pan-Asian foodies among us loved their Orange Chicken, Lettuce Wrap and Pad Tai dishes. Drink specials and happy hour deals a major plus. We sat outdoors and found the garden area quiet and lovely. Only wish the 'no smoking' policy extended to the outdoor area as well. We found the wait staff friendly, helpful and interested in our satisfaction. Most definitely recommend to others and will come back again soon!Special Features:
- Nice ambiance.inexplicable managemegrayyakVIPDined on 4/6/2013We were there the Saturday of The Delray Affair,early-Ish reservation. Ordered a cocktail w/muddle blackberries,waiter comes back and says their out of blackberries. Then ordered Thomas Yum soup,waiter comes back and says their out of some of the ingredients. With the event in town you've gotta be prepared. Early on Saturday evening their out of elements to their meals. I /we could excuse the Thom Yum ,maybe some of those ingredients aren't as readily available.but seriously a manager,a cook,,bus boy ?could cant send someone to the grocery store for blackberries ??? Could even understand a tad better if it were late on Sunday,but that early on Saturday ???? In the competitive Atlantic Ave. that doesn't come across as a formula in it to winSpecial Features:
- DisappointedNYFoodieVIPDined on 4/4/2013It's my 5-6 visit to union. The service and our server were terrific, however the good has gone downhill. The fried snapper was fishy and the salmon was only fair in this visit although great in the past. The lamb chops were delicious and prepared to perfection.
- Food was excellentl and presentatiopoosDined on 3/30/2013Food was excellentl and presentation was just beautiful. Pleasantly surprised and we will definitely dine here again.Special Features: