Union An American Bistro
3 Wilcox Street
Castle Rock, CO 80104Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Union An American Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.unionamericanbistro.com/
- Phone: 3036888159
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Saturday 2:00pm - 6:00pm in the Bar Only
Wine Wednesday 1/2 price bottles of Wine all day.
Martini Saturday: All UNION Martinis are $5 all day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Kim Heideman & Chris Dreiling
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us bring UNION To you. For your next Celebration, Corporate Event, Or Boxed Lunch. Whatever kind of gathering, Our Creative Team will pull it off in style. The restaurant is available for private parties up to 80 people or cocktail parties up to 100 people.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for private parties up to 80 people or cocktail parties up to 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Dennis dickey (303)688-8159
A word from Union An American Bistro
The cozy, upbeat UNION is the epitome of a friendly neighborhood restaurant, inviting locals and visitors to enjoy the modern American culinary experience. UNION offers creative, seasonal menus served in a warm and comfortable setting in the heart of downtown Castle Rock, using quality ingredients from around the block and around the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Union An American Bistro - Best Restaurants in Castle Rock ›
Union An American Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (64)fit for foodies (48)great for outdoor dining (31)good for groups (28)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (26)notable wine list (24)great for lunch (23)special occasion (21)kid-friendly (15)romantic (15)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Our Favorite PlaceSarahTDined on 10/18/2014Union is our favorite place to go for date night! The food is amazing! I literally haven't had something I didn't love! Their martinis are so delicious as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itTouringTomDined on 10/17/2014We decided to try The Union for a Friday night dinner. We made a reservation and were seated within 5 minutes of arriving even though the wait was 45 minutes. We ordered wine and after a small taste my wife decided she didn't care for it. Our waiter immediately recognized it and recommended a different one. She loved the replacement. The menu looked great so we ordered two small plates in addition to our main dishes. Big mistake. We loved the small plates (flatbreat and fried broccoli) and were fairly full by the time our main dishes arrived. Everything was delicious. I had the pork chops and my wife had the salmon. Would recommend both. It was a little noisy at times. Other than that it was perfect.Special Features:
- Happy EveningKiwiLizDined on 10/14/2014Very nice meal efficiently served. The steak was cooked perfectly and our friend enjoyed his mussels.Special Features:
- Service is always great!DonotOwnaKitchenVIPDined on 10/11/2014They always remember our name, our preferences in good, seating and wine. Really well managed. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not4usNot4usDined on 10/10/2014Tonite was especially noisy. We were with new friends and could not carry on a conversation. Food was very good and the service was excellent. We were all pleased with our menu choices. Would like to sit outside when weather permits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Union BistronightoutDined on 10/4/2014Once again, we had a marvelous dinner at Union Bistro. The service is great and the food never disappoints.Special Features:
- THE BEST!!!DeansterVIPDined on 10/3/2014They never disappoint ~ I LOVE that place and the service is remarkable along with the food. Always my go-to on the weekends!! The manager, Mark always greets me with a smile and the warm welcome is continued throughout each and every employee. Try it...you will Love it!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Very disappointed in food and the service. Waitress seemed disinterested and the food was marginal.
- ExcellentFoodie21Dined on 9/19/2014Great for the adult crowd. Great for the adult crowd. Great for the adult crowd.Special Features:
- anniversarynikkiDined on 9/17/2014Sent my parents there for a anniversary dinner and they raved about the food. Said whole experience was amazing and they would be back. . They have lived in Castle Rock for years and wish they had known it was there. Gotta try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnermarilynDined on 9/16/2014Had a pleasant evening, food and service were very good. Enjoyed the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayNewtoCastleRockDined on 9/5/2014Excellent food, service, and atmosphere. My first visit was enjoyable and I will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- Fun vibe, good eats, odd serviceSavoryEatsDined on 9/4/2014A work colleague and I met for dinner at Union Bistro. The broccoli appetizer was delicious as was the steak flatbread. The recommended bottle of Rodney Strong wine was a great complement to our meal. The only down side to our experience is that we found the waitstaff to be brusque with us about completing our meal and leaving, even though there were no other patrons waiting for a table. Our conversation was interrupted several times by our server. I will try dinner there again for the great food and to see how the service is a second time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeKatieDined on 8/29/2014We had a 5:15 reservation on a Friday night and were seating right away. The food was great, maybe a little pricey, but we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable EveningABQandCRockDined on 8/27/2014Interesting menu emphasizing American cuisine with a twist. Pork chop was equal to its billing as a house speciality; other dishes tried were also very good. Good wine list. Polished and professional service staff knowledgeable about menu and wine list. Restaurant was quite busy with no empty tables so noise level was high but conversation at table still possible. Service was slow, so be prepared to sit and enjoy your evening.Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseFoodieDined on 8/23/2014Delicious, creative and thoughtful menu, conscientious staff, excellent wines by the glass and bottle. Can't wait to go back and try other items on the menu.Special Features:
- CisaDined on 8/21/2014Food was great as always -- esp the steak salad and brussels sprouts. Service is consistently great. We live in CS so drive 40 minutes -- come repeatedly, often to meet friends from Denver. We come for the food -- not the "ambience."Special Features:
- CPdinerVIPDined on 8/20/2014We like to go for small plates. There is a lot of flavor packed into each one! Wednesdays, all wine bottles are half price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBeen2manyDined on 8/20/2014We called ahead for reservations and were accommodated promptly when we arrived. It was an anniversary and we asked for a quiet corner. Our table was on the patio and a very delightful experience. Menu is different and very well presented entres. Gina our server sensed our evenng and did not rush us, so we had a very leisurly enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WedRichardTDined on 8/20/2014Great food and great service. Wine Wednesday with half priced bottles is a great deal.Special Features:
- ChoicescheckingoutDined on 8/19/2014We were received very well. Seated promptly. Surprised at no bread with meal or follow up on drinks. I asked for lemon in water and the lemon was added to my wife's tea. My steak was excellent, but the wife special (fish) was cold. Not a place to celebrate a special occasion. We were there for our Wedding Anniversary-Not a good choice on our part, but being new to Castle Rock, we are exploring all the restaurants here.
- Union-American bistro3catloverVIPDined on 8/16/2014We love it! Great food! Always something new and a lot of good old standbys. It's always kind of noisy, but the food and drink always overcomes it.Special Features:
- ColSprtrippingDined on 8/13/2014Good experience and we'll be coming back. The Wed night deal on wine is a real attraction and worth keeping up. The noise level in the main dining room is high but bearable. The bar scene looks attractive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Surprise!dnldineDined on 8/12/2014First time here in years and we had a delicious dinner and a very sweet waitress who offered wonderful suggestions. The italian egg rolls appetizer and the homemade coconut cream pie were fabulous! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Loved the dinner.krystallDined on 8/12/2014I would liked to have had my dinner outside but the only tables seem to be for 2 people. We had 4 in our party and were offered the "red table", but this would have been too large for a nice evening of conversation for 2 couples. Could you reorganize the patio? I will be inquiring further about a group gathering of about 75 people. Can you help me out with this?Special Features:
- Veronica KnuevenRonnieDined on 8/12/2014The food was outstanding. There was a nice variety of entrees to choose from - from seafood to the wild. Our guests were very impressed.
- Good placejibbaDined on 8/8/2014This place was good, but not great. Prices reasonable & service very attentive. The main dining room is very loud, so if you want to enjoy your company, grab a patio seat. We started with the fondue plate. The cheese was barely warm, but it was fine for an app. The food was a little over cooked, but still very tasty. My wife got the filet & what should have been med rare, ended up being med well. However, the flavor and juicyness was still there, so no need to risk the send back. I got a couple of small plates which were ok. The beef flat bread is very tasty & very messy. The fish tacos were not very good. The fish was way over cooked and rubbery. I would not try again. Overall, we had a decent experience & will likely be back here again.Special Features:
- FirstTimerDined on 8/8/2014The Chef and Management are trying hard inspite of their staff. The wine list was explorative but you can tell by most of the F&B pricing, what they want their beverage cost(a) to be. The dining room and patio are close to inaudible for conversational dining; and the table placement, size and lack of spacial breaks in the dining room give it a cafeteria edge. I would go back for Happy Hour and sit at the bar, but otherwise the service was slow-in existence, non-leading, and non-intuitive. The appetizers were good but unoriginal, the filet was cook perfectly but mid-quality, and the salmon was obviously farm raised and more than a couple of days old. However, the banana cream pie was the best I've had on the front range.
- Great food -- just noisyNadieDined on 8/8/2014We really like this restaurant and the food is always very good. It is just very, very noisy. We have taken to going mid-week and leaving the weekends alone because for us it is just too raucous in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Spot w/Flare!cindenDined on 8/8/2014Always a great time, mingling with friends over cocktails and apps!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Union an American BistroStumpDined on 8/5/2014The food we had was bland with not much vibrant flavor or taste. I am not sure how all the dishes are but on our particular night it was not exciting.Special Features:
- Perfect for many occasions!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014I have been to this restaurant twice- once for a work dinner and once for lunch with my mom. Both times the food and service were incredible. The wine list is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but!Bart09Dined on 8/1/2014The food here is usually very good. The noise level is pretty high when crowded on the weekend nights. There beer list has deteriated to only a few choices from Boulevard. No good IPA OFFERING AT ALL!Special Features:
- Great food great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Food cocktails and service were fantastic. A little noisy but more "bustling" thank a bother.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy2BinHawaiiDined on 7/31/2014Waited 10 minutes for host/hostess to even acknowledge us, to be seated for a 7:15 reservation. Server was super busy w too many tables. She did her best. Food was good w/ many interesting items on the menu. Food was served lukewarm. Noise level was very high. We will try again & sit outside & hope that the food is served Hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodStephanavichDined on 7/25/2014The food is always outstanding! I try something new every time, but the beef tenderloin is my fall back. It melts in your mouth! The first bite confirms that the food is fresh. The garden outside is a dead giveaway. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Really good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Five in our group for dinner. We had a pasta dish, a salad entree, the special and burgers. Also the chilled cucumber mint soup. All outstanding. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Not Food Critic, butAdaugeoDined on 7/12/2014I am not a Food Critic, but The Pork Chop was magnificent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014I ate for the first time Saturday night, the food was very good and the wait staff were very good. I've lived in castle rock for two years and just now decided to try your restaurant. I will recommend to all and will return for another night out. Thanks to all for making it a fun evening.Special Features:
- Happy HoureatouterDined on 7/12/2014Some friends and I went to their Happy Hour after work. A word of caution - you can't make reservations for the tables that offer Happy Hour - fortunately we were still about to get a spot. The small plates are awesome - crunchy broccoli, potato skin nachos, white cheddar fondue - for a group that is okay with sharing food, it was great and pretty cheap with the half price Happy Hour going on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.