Union An American Bistro
3 Wilcox Street
Castle Rock, CO 80104Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Union An American Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.unionamericanbistro.com/
- Phone: 3036888159
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Saturday 2:00pm - 6:00pm in the Bar Only
Wine Wednesday 1/2 price bottles of Wine all day.
Martini Saturday: All UNION Martinis are $5 all day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Kim Heideman & Chris Dreiling
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us bring UNION To you. For your next Celebration, Corporate Event, Or Boxed Lunch. Whatever kind of gathering, Our Creative Team will pull it off in style. The restaurant is available for private parties up to 80 people or cocktail parties up to 100 people.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for private parties up to 80 people or cocktail parties up to 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Dennis dickey (303)688-8159
A word from Union An American Bistro
The cozy, upbeat UNION is the epitome of a friendly neighborhood restaurant, inviting locals and visitors to enjoy the modern American culinary experience. UNION offers creative, seasonal menus served in a warm and comfortable setting in the heart of downtown Castle Rock, using quality ingredients from around the block and around the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Union An American Bistro - Best Restaurants in Castle Rock ›
Union An American Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (59)fit for foodies (39)great for lunch (28)great for outdoor dining (28)vibrant bar scene (22)special occasion (20)good for groups (16)hot spot (16)romantic (12)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Nice SurpriseFoodieDined on 8/23/2014Delicious, creative and thoughtful menu, conscientious staff, excellent wines by the glass and bottle. Can't wait to go back and try other items on the menu.Special Features:
- CisaDined on 8/21/2014Food was great as always -- esp the steak salad and brussels sprouts. Service is consistently great. We live in CS so drive 40 minutes -- come repeatedly, often to meet friends from Denver. We come for the food -- not the "ambience."Special Features:
- CPdinerVIPDined on 8/20/2014We like to go for small plates. There is a lot of flavor packed into each one! Wednesdays, all wine bottles are half price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBeen2manyDined on 8/20/2014We called ahead for reservations and were accommodated promptly when we arrived. It was an anniversary and we asked for a quiet corner. Our table was on the patio and a very delightful experience. Menu is different and very well presented entres. Gina our server sensed our evenng and did not rush us, so we had a very leisurly enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WedRichardTDined on 8/20/2014Great food and great service. Wine Wednesday with half priced bottles is a great deal.Special Features:
- ChoicescheckingoutDined on 8/19/2014We were received very well. Seated promptly. Surprised at no bread with meal or follow up on drinks. I asked for lemon in water and the lemon was added to my wife's tea. My steak was excellent, but the wife special (fish) was cold. Not a place to celebrate a special occasion. We were there for our Wedding Anniversary-Not a good choice on our part, but being new to Castle Rock, we are exploring all the restaurants here.
- Union-American bistro3catloverVIPDined on 8/16/2014We love it! Great food! Always something new and a lot of good old standbys. It's always kind of noisy, but the food and drink always overcomes it.Special Features:
- ColSprtrippingDined on 8/13/2014Good experience and we'll be coming back. The Wed night deal on wine is a real attraction and worth keeping up. The noise level in the main dining room is high but bearable. The bar scene looks attractive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Surprise!dnldineDined on 8/12/2014First time here in years and we had a delicious dinner and a very sweet waitress who offered wonderful suggestions. The italian egg rolls appetizer and the homemade coconut cream pie were fabulous! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Loved the dinner.krystallDined on 8/12/2014I would liked to have had my dinner outside but the only tables seem to be for 2 people. We had 4 in our party and were offered the "red table", but this would have been too large for a nice evening of conversation for 2 couples. Could you reorganize the patio? I will be inquiring further about a group gathering of about 75 people. Can you help me out with this?Special Features:
- Veronica KnuevenRonnieDined on 8/12/2014The food was outstanding. There was a nice variety of entrees to choose from - from seafood to the wild. Our guests were very impressed.
- Good placejibbaDined on 8/8/2014This place was good, but not great. Prices reasonable & service very attentive. The main dining room is very loud, so if you want to enjoy your company, grab a patio seat. We started with the fondue plate. The cheese was barely warm, but it was fine for an app. The food was a little over cooked, but still very tasty. My wife got the filet & what should have been med rare, ended up being med well. However, the flavor and juicyness was still there, so no need to risk the send back. I got a couple of small plates which were ok. The beef flat bread is very tasty & very messy. The fish tacos were not very good. The fish was way over cooked and rubbery. I would not try again. Overall, we had a decent experience & will likely be back here again.Special Features:
- FirstTimerDined on 8/8/2014The Chef and Management are trying hard inspite of their staff. The wine list was explorative but you can tell by most of the F&B pricing, what they want their beverage cost(a) to be. The dining room and patio are close to inaudible for conversational dining; and the table placement, size and lack of spacial breaks in the dining room give it a cafeteria edge. I would go back for Happy Hour and sit at the bar, but otherwise the service was slow-in existence, non-leading, and non-intuitive. The appetizers were good but unoriginal, the filet was cook perfectly but mid-quality, and the salmon was obviously farm raised and more than a couple of days old. However, the banana cream pie was the best I've had on the front range.
- Great food -- just noisyNadieDined on 8/8/2014We really like this restaurant and the food is always very good. It is just very, very noisy. We have taken to going mid-week and leaving the weekends alone because for us it is just too raucous in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Spot w/Flare!cindenDined on 8/8/2014Always a great time, mingling with friends over cocktails and apps!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Union an American BistroStumpDined on 8/5/2014The food we had was bland with not much vibrant flavor or taste. I am not sure how all the dishes are but on our particular night it was not exciting.Special Features:
- Perfect for many occasions!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014I have been to this restaurant twice- once for a work dinner and once for lunch with my mom. Both times the food and service were incredible. The wine list is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but!Bart09Dined on 8/1/2014The food here is usually very good. The noise level is pretty high when crowded on the weekend nights. There beer list has deteriated to only a few choices from Boulevard. No good IPA OFFERING AT ALL!Special Features:
- Great food great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Food cocktails and service were fantastic. A little noisy but more "bustling" thank a bother.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy2BinHawaiiDined on 7/31/2014Waited 10 minutes for host/hostess to even acknowledge us, to be seated for a 7:15 reservation. Server was super busy w too many tables. She did her best. Food was good w/ many interesting items on the menu. Food was served lukewarm. Noise level was very high. We will try again & sit outside & hope that the food is served Hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodStephanavichDined on 7/25/2014The food is always outstanding! I try something new every time, but the beef tenderloin is my fall back. It melts in your mouth! The first bite confirms that the food is fresh. The garden outside is a dead giveaway. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Really good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Five in our group for dinner. We had a pasta dish, a salad entree, the special and burgers. Also the chilled cucumber mint soup. All outstanding. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Not Food Critic, butAdaugeoDined on 7/12/2014I am not a Food Critic, but The Pork Chop was magnificent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014I ate for the first time Saturday night, the food was very good and the wait staff were very good. I've lived in castle rock for two years and just now decided to try your restaurant. I will recommend to all and will return for another night out. Thanks to all for making it a fun evening.Special Features:
- Happy HoureatouterDined on 7/12/2014Some friends and I went to their Happy Hour after work. A word of caution - you can't make reservations for the tables that offer Happy Hour - fortunately we were still about to get a spot. The small plates are awesome - crunchy broccoli, potato skin nachos, white cheddar fondue - for a group that is okay with sharing food, it was great and pretty cheap with the half price Happy Hour going on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACE FOR CASUAL DININGXxxxDined on 7/10/2014Service is excellent and have given it a poor rating for one reason only: I have constantly asked management for wait staff to wear name tags -- we are regulars and are embarrassed when we cannot remember names of people who have served us before, and they remember ours! (We are of that age!) That is inconsiderate to their clientele and is a poor mark against the wait staff who are excellent, always rating 5 stars vs. management's 0 on this subject (otherwise management would get 5, too).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeanyDined on 6/28/20142 best things: small plates and patio. Least best: noise level inside restaurant. Ordered several small plates, next time will order more. Variety of choices, broccoli was fantastic! Several had sandwiches, tasty and substantial. Patio a lifesaver for our family of 5 who wanted to have a conversation; too noisy and crowded inside. Maitre D very helpful! Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantKATHDined on 6/28/2014We went for the first time and everything was really good! I highly recommend the Idaho Nachos, and the peanut butter bites! Just hope they will bring back the brussel sprout, bacon, and corn risotto. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great Evening!DaveandKathyDined on 6/28/2014We made reservations for the Bistro after checking the reviews online and totally agree with the recommendations. We both had the beef tenderloin and it was excellent! Fun martini list!! Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Food, Excellent ServicekathiDined on 6/26/2014Our waitress, Mary Jo was awesome! She allowed us plenty of time to talk, but yet came back at all the right times. We only had appetizers, so I can't read the overall food quality. The calamari was cooked to perfection, not greasy, and tasty. It was too salty for my taste however. The Beef flat bread was incredible although topped with too much arugula. The place was a bit loud and parents were letting their children run all around the restaurant. I would definitely return to try more of the food because they all look incredible as they were passing by our table! If you want really great service ask for MJ or Mary Jo she was absolutely awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a date night favorite.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014As always, service and food were wonderful! This is one of our favorite date night restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Great ServiceGigerDined on 6/20/2014The service by far was better than the food, but the food was still good. I would recommend going here. Good salads and Tasty Desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a local favorite!blueskies96Dined on 6/14/2014My husband and I had dinner on Saturday night and yet again were amazed by the consistent quality of the food. We have been here many times over the past 8 years and have never been disappointed. The food is always surprisingly creative and tasty and I think very fairly priced for what you get. I love that you can get an outstanding meal in a casual atmosphere and the wait staff is always ready to assist. Try the double chocolate bread pudding with sea salt caramel ice cream - yum!Special Features:
- Great Food and a Family favoritelolaDined on 6/13/2014One of our favorite places to eat. Fresh and delicious foods. Don't think we have ever had a horrible dish as everything we have tried is delish! Was awesome they offer gluten free options. This place is a local gem and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodNewHorizonsDined on 6/3/2014This restaurant is a gem in Castle Rock. The food is wonderful and it is quiet enough for you to enjoy conversations with your loved ones. In addition, the grow many of the herbs and vegetables, making their salads the freshest around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseJimWDined on 5/23/2014I regret to say we will not be returning to the restaurant as the noise level is excessive, too much so to enjoy dinner. The restaurant has become a noisy bar scene, not suitable for dining.
- Love the variety!Robin61Dined on 5/20/2014Union has such an eclectic menu -- we love the variety! Lunch on 5/20 was excellent - the food was prepared perfectly and service is always top notch! We will be back!Special Features:
- RichVIPDined on 5/14/2014Just love introducting new people to Union, love the small plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie2014Not4usDined on 5/10/2014We arrived early and thought we would have to wait, but we were seated immediately. Bar area was very noisy but we were seated in the other room and it was very pleasant. Saturday they have martini's for $5 all day. They are normally $11. My salad was very good. My husband had blackened tacos, and for him, they were too spicy. We would definitely come back and bring family and friends. Service was very good. Outside seating will be nice in the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy HouralondonVIPDined on 5/10/2014We went for a late lunch on a Saturday. Happy Hour drinks were excellent! Food was very good and the service was excellent. The server was friendly and well informed about the menu. Portions are large. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.