Unicorn Pan Asian Cuisine - San Francisco
191 Pine Street
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Unicorn Pan Asian Cuisine - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.unicorndining.com/
- Phone: 4159829828
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Happy Hours: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm, Sunday: closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Vietnamese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Kim
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Special Events: We have quarterly wine tasting dinner. Please call for tasting date.
- Cross Street: Front and Battery
- Public Transit: We are around the corner from the Embarcadero Bart station.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is plenty of street parking in front after 7:00pm. Free parking is also available on the side street after 6pm. Public parking garage is within half a block.
A word from Unicorn Pan Asian Cuisine - San Francisco
At Unicorn, we provide a unique, modern and elegant dining atmosphere suited to relax our customers and prepare them to embark on a Pan-Asian culinary experience. Over 50 dishes are traditionally prepared and our selection is a blend of fresh, daily hand picked vegetables and meats, complimented with an array of herbs and exotic spices. We provide a selection of fine wines, delicious desserts and traditionally prepared Asian teas and coffees to complete your dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
Unicorn Pan Asian Cuisine - San Francisco - Best Restaurants in Financial District / Embarcadero ›
Unicorn Pan Asian Cuisine - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (6)good for groups (4)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (3)romantic (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Love the foodOleannaDined on 8/14/2014All the dishes are cooked perfectly and presented beautifully. High quality ingredients and wonderful flavors! Reasonable prices, too.Special Features:
- My go to for businessDianaRDined on 7/17/2014I really enjoy this for business luncheons, not only is it great food but location is convenient. I would next time ask to be seated towards the front as it is much for lighter/brighter than when you sit in the back. Second time there on business and it is now my "go to" place.Special Features:
- Party RestaurantJkbuckleyDined on 6/11/2014Great food but not a place to go for a romantic meal unless you like to feel the music while you eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food lacks tasteSandeeliciousVIPDined on 6/10/2014We came here last year and the food was so tasty. This year, we ordered the same thing and everything lacked the same great taste. The oxtail meat didn't even fall off the bone. What happened? The music was so loud I felt like I was at a dance club. Not sure if that's the feel they're going for but it really doesn't fit for the financial district.Special Features:
- Great food, very noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014My wife and I made reservations for 5:30. We arrived a few minutes early and were seated immediately. The waitstaff were still ramping up from happy hour to dinner and took a few minutes to find us. The hostess tried to help but knew nothing of the menu, so she sent over a waiter who was excellent. He new the menu, the way the food was prepared, asked us some questions and made a reccomendation. The food was great with amazing flavors and interesting contrasts. Great portion sizes and an overall great dining experience. Once drawback was the noise. It was hard for my wife and I to have a conversation without yelling over the din from the rest of the place. When we go back, we'll request a seat in the back.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceMrOfficerVIPDined on 5/8/2014We had a great dinner! It was a "by chance" we found this place. Great place to take that someone special. Service was awesome. Very friendly. Next time in San Francisico, I plan to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 218 reviews are from the Unicorn Pan Asian Cuisine - San Francisco reviews archive.
- ExoticLotusDined on 4/23/2014Good Asian fusion food. Good ambiance. Reasonably priced for a Financial District restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch Place for MeetingsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/8/2014The food never disappoints. It can sometimes become a bit noisy but it is a great place for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Unicorn better tha ever!9HungryArchitectsDined on 3/26/2014Several in our 9 person party commented that they had tried Unicorn some time ago (over a year) and it was good but not great. But ALL this time said WOW! our food (every plate) for the lunch was simply OUTSTANDING. Good job Unicorn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely be back for the drinks..NickDined on 3/6/2014The happy hour drinks seal the deal for me. The food isn't great, ordinary Chinese cuisine. But the happy hour drinks is what makes it special. A good go to restaurant for after dinner drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and smallMaRoVIPDined on 2/21/2014Interesting experience. The service was fast and the food was very good, but the noise level in such a tiny space was overwhelming. This was not the dinning experience we were looking for at the time, but for those looking for good food in a boisterous setting it would be fine. We would go back when we were more in the mood for a "Happy Hour" experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice that they have vegan options!Jackievr4VIPDined on 2/20/2014My husband is vegan for health reasons. I was happy to see so many vegan options on the menu! The also have a vegan prefixe set the only catch is at least 2 people have to participate. All in all we had a great experience here and the food was delish!Special Features:
- New fave place downtownGenieDined on 2/8/2014Had been here for happy hour after work. They have buy one specialty cocktail get second one for $1. And the drinks are good and strong. There is also a good discounted app menu during the 4-8 period. Very fun atmosphere and was packed after work. So, decided to take my daughter and her friends here for her 13th bday celebration. It was a Sat night and definitely more sedate. But we all were overwhelmed by the food and service. There was even a DJ who came in to play music starting at 9:00. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. Seriously fun, yummy and reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMikeVDined on 1/21/2014Another excellent lunch at one of my favorite downtown restaurants. Professional but friendly staff, good food and energetic ambiance. Always a dependable lunch choice, for both SF natives and out of towners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and romantic setting,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/17/2014Nice and romantic setting, good service. Food is good but not outstanding. A little over-priced. 3.5 star overall.Special Features:
- We love Unicorn and theirHappyReturnCustomerVIPDined on 12/16/2013We love Unicorn and their staff. Great food, wonderful specials, and you really cannot beat their happy hour treats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful, disorganized and haphazardSisumisuVIPDined on 12/14/2013The restaurant was half full on a Saturday night, but the service was terrible. The waiters were not friendly at all, and they seemed flustered every time you asked them for something. Our first round of drinks took 15 minutes to arrive. Our appetizers came out fairly quickly, but then we waited another hour for our main courses. My brother's dish was like mush and he said it tasted like it had been microwaved. When we complained to the waiter, he became defensive and said "this is one of our best sellers." Awful and more awful.
- Food was delicious and hadOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/25/2013Food was delicious and had a very nice presentation. Can get a little noisey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pan Asian DeliciousnessKathTs7Dined on 11/15/2013"I love the relaxed feel of this place and the staff friendliness. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The food here is so delicious and the desserts to die for. Everyone in our group loved their food and would come here again. Service was well-timed and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place always has excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2013This place always has excellent food. Love it for lunch!Special Features:
- Food was delicious with aOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/30/2013Food was delicious with a nice presentation. We had the scallops and the trout. Also the albino rolls with crab, shrimp, and scallops. Everything was awesome. Workers are very quick and efficient. The place gets packed so its best to make a reservation. We were in and out of there within an hour. We would definitely go again and recommend it to friends. Actually, when I exited, I saw three of my co-workers sitting inside near the window. They also love the food there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Pan Asian restaurantNoriDined on 10/1/2013When you walk in to the bar and see the fake Chihuly sculptures in the window, and the glass/resin oversize flowers above the bar, you wonder how good the food actually is. We were pleasantly surprised with our dinner experience. The braised short rib appetizer, seafood fried rice, pork chops were all excellent. The service was good, even though only two servers seemed to be servicing the dinning room, and they were quite busy. Excellent choice in Financial District and two parking garages a block away.Special Features:
- I have gone twice before andFoodyDined on 9/20/2013I have gone twice before and the food was great. This time the service was not professional and the food was just OK. We felt pushed to order our food and we rushed to leave so they can convert the room into a night club. The waiter would remove the wine glass when there was still wine in it. We had to ask it back and I wasn't finished yet.
- Energetic is putting it mildly!HappyRegularDined on 9/11/2013Noise level of "don't expect to carry on a conversation, especially at Happy Hour." Food excellent but slow. Service well intended and the waitstaff outstanding in intent, but can't make up for the kitchen's slowness. We wanted to get to another engagement at a certain hour and we told our waiter that. He assured us "no problem," but we were an hour late. He was too busy with other tables to give us prompt attention. I got up to get my own drink from the bar because I had ordered it first BECAUSE I had been looking forward to it all day and it's what I wanted as soon as I got there They need more wait staff at that place. Bartender gave excellent service, though had to redo my drink because of a mistake he made. Didn't charge us.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodFoodRequired1VIPDined on 8/15/2013Enjoyed the lunch, had a curry dish that was wonderful. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Must GoOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/26/2013Love their hot thai tea. Pork shank was delis! Place is nicely decorated. Better food, service and overall look compared to it's sister restaurant, Region. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Food was tasty, but took foreverMikeVIPDined on 7/18/2013Went for dinner, it took an hour to get our food, and we only saw our waiter when he took our order. To get our check and pay we had to flag down another waiter, as the waiter who was supposed to be servicing our table had suddenly become the bartender and didn't get anyone to replace him as our waiter.Special Features:
- Great for lunch. Food servedLotusDined on 7/8/2013Great for lunch. Food served hot and delicious. Nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're waitingOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/25/2013And waiting and waiting for water, food, check and them to take the check. I wish I had 2 hours for lunch...
- Scallops/eggplant/black riceAmiableDined on 5/9/2013Scallops/eggplant/black rice with wasabi sauce is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice variety of fresh dishesTravelingdinerVIPDined on 4/18/2013Nice variety of fresh dishes consistently prepared with an excellent selection of hot teas. Service was first rate.Special Features:
- Great food & prices! A littleSandeeliciousVIPDined on 4/5/2013Great food & prices! A little on the noisy side. Great HH menu & prices too!Special Features:
- Not great for dinner. JustOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/3/2013Not great for dinner. Just fine for lunch. Energetic can be good, but it's very, very loud and tight in there. Somewhat overpriced.Special Features:
- Food and ambiance very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/2/2013Food and ambiance very good. I would recommend it to friends. In fact, I have recommended it to friends. We had our team luncheon there during the holidays.Special Features:
- This place rocks!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/26/2013This place rocks! The food is fantastic. If you are looking for something different, in the SF Financial District with exotic cocktails, this is the place! Check out Happy Hour (2 for $6)!Special Features:
- Great food but definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/8/2013Great food but definitely a popular after work happy hour hotspot. A little noisy when we arrived at 8 on a friday. Ideal for groups rather than an intimate date venue at that particular timeSpecial Features:
- Food was good, but nothingVHung08VIPDined on 3/5/2013Food was good, but nothing spectacular. Service seemed a bit slow.
- Just a business lunch withMissvicVIPDined on 2/27/2013Just a business lunch with old friends. Always eat the same dish when I go there - consistently good, reasonably priced food, attentive service.Special Features:
- Need to hire more wait-staffOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/22/2013Need to hire more wait-staff during lunch and dinner hours. The restaurant doesn't seem to have enough wait-staff to service customers.
- had a reservation at 6:30pm.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013had a reservation at 6:30pm. extremly noisy at bar, unable to carry a conversation. ordered special menu for two which have a various wraps and sea food plater. food has no taste and very bland(suprised for pan asian food). unedible!!! pick a few things and left most of wraps untouched. ordered pinot noir which is dull and not dry, left a bad taste in my mouth, returned and asked for a beer. charged me for a returned wine, asked a waiter to remove the charge of wine. worst asian cuisine ever! NOT RECOMMEND!!