Unicorn Pan Asian Cuisine - San Francisco
191 Pine Street
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Unicorn Pan Asian Cuisine - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.unicorndining.com/
- Phone: (415) 982-9828
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Happy Hours: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm, Sunday: closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Vietnamese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Kim
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Special Events: We have quarterly wine tasting dinner. Please call for tasting date.
- Cross Street: Front and Battery
- Public Transit: We are around the corner from the Embarcadero Bart station.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is plenty of street parking in front after 7:00pm. Free parking is also available on the side street after 6pm. Public parking garage is within half a block.
A word from Unicorn Pan Asian Cuisine - San Francisco
At Unicorn, we provide a unique, modern and elegant dining atmosphere suited to relax our customers and prepare them to embark on a Pan-Asian culinary experience. Over 50 dishes are traditionally prepared and our selection is a blend of fresh, daily hand picked vegetables and meats, complimented with an array of herbs and exotic spices. We provide a selection of fine wines, delicious desserts and traditionally prepared Asian teas and coffees to complete your dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Unicorn Pan Asian Cuisine - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (6)special occasion (5)good for groups (5)hot spot (4)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- The food was like seeing anOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/10/2008The food was like seeing an old friend-- very familiar, yet new experiences in between. The garlic wasabi scallops were very tasty, the wasabi didnt overpower any of the other flavors and complimented the dish nicely. The service was excellent and very accomodating. The plates are petite, so ordering 2 dishes per person is strongly advised. Since they are fairly new and its a fairly large place, getting a table for a large group isnt a problem. But definitely that can change a couple months from now if they keep consistently cooking up their tasty creations.Special Features:
- Great food. Good service.nycsfdinerDined on 7/9/2008Great food. Good service. Ask to sit near the back because there is a great waterfall wall. The food tasted wonderful and was richly complex. I will defintiely return.Special Features:
- Good Asian-fusion reminiscentOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/7/2008Good Asian-fusion reminiscent of Slanted Door without the pomp and prententous wine list. They also have a good selection of cocktails and non-alcoholic beverages.
- You have to keep your eyesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/3/2008You have to keep your eyes peeled for this place. Interesting (presumably) Chihuly glass pieces in the front will give it away. Good food, but was a little alarmed at the low traffic on a Friday night. Hopefully it was an off night.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/28/2008One of the best restaurants we have eaten at in the last year after Aziza. Food is very good, they pay special attention to service, parking just in front of the restaurant, very quiet and cozy restaurant. The scallops are excellent and the brown sticky rice is very good.We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- I saw good reviews on yelp.com,JackieVIPDined on 6/21/2008I saw good reviews on yelp.com, and yelp! didn't let me down! The food was wonderful and the service was excellent! It was pretty slow when I had dinner there, but I'm sure even if the restaurant was a little more crowded, the service still would've been great! And to top it off, the prices were very reasonable! I definitely will come back.Special Features:
- I always have a wonderfulMeiliDined on 6/18/2008I always have a wonderful experience at Unicorn. I have participated in large groups as well as with one person. I go there knowing I will enjoy the food. The presentation is beautiful and the flavors of the different dishes are memorable. It's one of my favorite places to dine.Special Features:
- A bit loud, but consistentlyBartShulmanDined on 6/9/2008A bit loud, but consistently great food and fantastic service.Special Features:
- My friend and I celebratedCityGirlVIPDined on 6/2/2008My friend and I celebrated her birthday at our lunch on Monday. As always, the food and service were wonderful. Many thanks!Special Features:
- Great food and great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 5/30/2008Great food and great service, but the noise was simply unbearable (I could hardly hear even the people right next to me). It ruins an otherwise really nice restaurant. Very, very unfortunate.Special Features:
- On this particular evening,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/22/2008On this particular evening, the restaurant was noisy due to a political rally in the bar area. The noise was not too bad in the dining room itself. The food was FANTASTIC, as always. The service was a little slow -- one of our dishes was not prepared until the server reminded the kitchen -- but the staff handled this nicely, with the offer of dessert on the house. Overall, it was a very nice evening.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, asOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/20/2008The food was excellent, as it was on a previous visit, however the waiter's attitude was notably poor.
- Good vegetarian and veganOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/17/2008Good vegetarian and vegan options, tasty delicious food, quite healthy.Special Features:
- It was very good with excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/12/2008It was very good with excellent service and seating. I plan to go more often for business lunches since it's also so close to my office.Special Features:
- Unicorn was a great find.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/10/2008Unicorn was a great find. The food was very good, the service great. I would return.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. A greatOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/6/2008Food was excellent. A great new addition to my favorites list. Flavors were very unique and all the food was fresh!Special Features:
- Absolutely enjoy everythingCityGirlVIPDined on 5/5/2008Absolutely enjoy everything about the restaurant. The service is very good; I feel welcomed whenever I walk through the door because the host, hostess, and servers recognize me as a returning patron...I truly feel the warmth of the staff. I'm so glad that I took a chance at trying a new place in the city. I try to dine at Unicorn Pan Asian every time I'm in SF for business. The food is consistently wonderful and delicious. The extensive wine list has my favorite...Navarro Pinot Noir. The prices are very reasonable when compared to other restaurants in the Financial District. I have invited several friends to dine at Unicorn and they all agree with me...Unicorn is a great place to dine! I highly recommend Unicorn.Special Features:
- Great experience. The ambianceceezDined on 4/26/2008Great experience. The ambiance was modern/elegant & romantic. The food was very tasty & with good portion size. Didn't care for the corkage fee though, thought is was too much. Otherwise, would go again & recommend.Special Features:
- very good attentive waiters..OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/23/2008very good attentive waiters.. food was very very tasty and unusual. We had a great time. and If you are a tea connisuer the hot teas are excellent.. hard to find in good restaurants.Special Features:
- I have been there a few timesOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/21/2008I have been there a few times now. On every occasion, the servers looked very displeased when we didn't order beverages and appetizers.
- The 5=spice duck was not hotPathologistDined on 4/4/2008The 5=spice duck was not hot and a bit greasy. Waitress took nearly 20 minutes to bring a cup of coffee.
- The main downside was I madeOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 3/31/2008The main downside was I made reservations but it didn't matter we still had to wait 15 minutes for a table. I'm sure if I had not made a reservation and walked in when I did I would have had the same table. For me great food can make up for a lot of things, but at lunch during the business week I make reservations because my time is limited. I don't appreciate being kept waiting for a quarter of my lunch hour.Special Features:
- Excellent service - very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/24/2008Excellent service - very friendly and efficient. Excellent food. The decor and richly colored walls are very pleasing - the restaurant gives off a very warm and comfortable vibe. The food arrives after not much of a wait, and the presentation is excellent. What a treat it is to dine at Unicorn Pan Asian Cuisine - San Francisco! The menu at the SF store offers more of a selection of food than the original Unicorn in Berkeley, but it is also excellent there. If the special "Albino Rolls" are offered, order them! They're filled with shrimp and scallops and served with a tangy-sweet dipping sauce - so delicious! The steak and prawns duet is also a winner. Everyone I bring to Unicorn loves it there and can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- I have dined at Unicorn twiceCalWineAsscVIPDined on 3/19/2008I have dined at Unicorn twice now and found the food to be very well executed and priced fairly. The menu is varied and unpretentious, which is a pleasant change of pace. The wine list is well rounded and again, priced fairly. The service is very attentive and professional. I would highly recommend Unicorn as a must-try in the Financial District.Special Features:
- Very innovative menu. AllOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/18/2008Very innovative menu. All items were very delicious! I'll be back...Special Features:
- The food was great but theOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/15/2008The food was great but the service was not quite up to par. Hopefully the service can improve.Special Features:
- We went to Unicorn lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/12/2008We went to Unicorn looking for a dining experience unique to San Francisco. Not so much. IMO, Unicorn has the distinct feel of a concept restaurant tailored specifically to business meetings. The restaurant just felt flat and tired. Nothing on the menu jumped out and the food was questionable quality generic "pan asian" fare. And my dessert, the chocolate cake, tasted suspiciously like something you would by at the local grocery store. I would be amazed if it actually was made at the restaurant. To me, Unicorn was just boring - both the food and the ambience. Honestly, a place like Penang which is a much larger chain has more character to me than Unicorn and that is saying something.Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I stumbledOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/10/2008My boyfriend and I stumbled onto this little gem of a restaurant. The service is really attentive and they really care about your experience. The food was delicious and moderately priced. We loved it so much we brought our parents for another visit. This time there was an item that was a little on the salty side, but nothing unforgivable. I recommend it!Special Features:
- Good food and service - aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/1/2008Good food and service - a little loud, hard to hear the person sitting next to youSpecial Features: