9595 Six Pines Drive, Suite 860
The Woodlands, TX 77380Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.unisushiwoodlands.com/
- Phone: 2812987177
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Wednesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Fusion / Eclectic, Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For the best quality in food and service, let Uni Sushi cater your next event. Please contact Rae Hill at (281)298-7177 for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: For private parties or business meetings, Uni Sushi offers a section of the restaurant for such occasions. This area is semi-closed off with seating for up to 40 guests and access only to party members.
- Private Party Contact: Rae Hill 2812987177
- Entertainment: On Thursday nights, Market Street has a Jazz Fest Concert Series held in the Central Park. Customers can dine on the patio while enjoying a medley of Jazz hits.
- Cross Street: Lake Robbins
- Public Transit: The Woodlands offers a trolley service for people who want to travel from place to place without walking. It runs to every major point in the Woodlands area from Market Street, to The Woodlands Mall, to The Waterway, and more.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Covered Parking & Valet
A word from Uni Sushi
Uni Sushi excels in what is most attributed to Asian cuisine, Sushi. From the best quality of sushi, to some of the largest selections, and to the greatest eye appeal: Uni Sushi has it all! Uni Sushi is a sophisticated Japanese/European fusion experience that’s not all about fish. You can cozy up to your dining partner over such delicacies as the Chilean Sea Bass, Grilled Five-Spice Pork Chop, Wild Mushroom Chicken, and the ever popular Rib-Eye Beef Rolls. Uni Sushi also offers an extensive drink list from domestic and imported beers to the finest sakes. The bar is the perfect place to enjoy a selection of fine wines as well as creative and calming martinis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Uni Sushi - Best Restaurants in The Woodlands ›
Uni Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)romantic (8)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (7)great for lunch (7)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (3)good for groups (3)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Difficult for a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Great food, worth the prices. Only complaint is they wouldn't seat or serve us until the whole party was present, even though we had a table reserved and it was sitting empty. It seems like they should assist a paying customer in a situation like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for groupJoseG0725Dined on 9/23/2014I've only been here twice but both times were with a group. Excellent service, food and atmosphere both times. High recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch spotMCinTheWoodlandsVIPDined on 8/29/2014Always enjoy coming here for a delicious healthy lunch. Love the environment and the excellent location. It's also a nice to have a pot of hot tea with lunch. My only wish is that the portions could be slightly larger for the price.Special Features:
- Too coldOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/23/2014Great dining experience, but polar room temperatures were unenjoyable! I never get cold either and we all froze!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2014Went prior to a concert at the Woodlands pavilion. Food was very good. Service was quick and understood time crunch before the concert. Lots of unique and tasty rolls. Definitely suggestly it!Special Features:
- The following 127 reviews are from the Uni Sushi reviews archive.
- Fresh...innovativeHeidiDined on 4/29/2014Food always seems very Fresh. We like to try something new everytime we go... this time Pork Steamed buns... Yum!!!! The bread was perfect consistency and the seasoning on Pork delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, reasonably priced.MutesleuthDined on 4/18/2014Took my girl here for an evening of sushi. Food was very good, tasty, well presented, no complaints. Place was fairly busy, and our waiter got a little overwhelmed. Interior noise levels were relatively high, but tolerable. Food and drinks were reasonably priced. So, overall, no real complaints - would visit again.Special Features:
- Bring back the beef fajita roll!UniBDined on 4/12/2014My wife and I love this restaurant. I hate sushi she loves it. Uni has good options for both of us. However, they did take the beef fajita roll off the menu which I can't for the life of me figure out why. It's delicious! Bring it back! One of the yummiest things on the menu for the non-sushi eater. We did, however, just ask the server and he said they could still make it off the menu, which they did. And it was wonderful. If there's something you want that's not on the menu, chances are they'll be able to accommodate you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Sushi Staple in The WoodlandsTannerVIPDined on 4/3/2014Really great Nigri and Sashimi, which I usually judge a sushi restaurants freshness from. I had the mackerel and the amberjack which was in season and the Angry Dragon roll which was fantastic. Spicy, sweet and just right. Good service and everyone is very helpful with the menu if you are unsure of what you want to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable as usualcharliebrownDined on 3/31/2014Excellent choice for lunch, with fast service and a decent variety on the menu of raw and cooked choices.Special Features:
- JoeKG0402VIPDined on 3/19/2014Joe provides a great experience for Uni's customers. The food of course is great, but the service combined with the food keeps me wanting to come back. Thanks Joe!!
- Good food, good location,AneaterDined on 3/19/2014Good food, good location, a little on the noisy side at lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeKevinDined on 3/18/2014This was my first time to dine at Uni Sushi. I was looking for a great first date restaurant in the Woodlands area and it was perfect. From the food to the atmosphere and the attentive, but not overbearing waitstaff it was a fantastic experience. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations/ table waitDynamofan14VIPDined on 3/7/2014Uni, has very good Sushi. The only thing I would change about the experience is the hostess stand. I made reservations and when they called and confirmed I requested a booth and they said no problem. When I arrived they started to seat us at a table and I told them I asked for a booth. There where plenty if booths available and they said "the both is reserved". I told the hostess that we requested a booth. After some back and forth they let us sit at the booth. They have also quoted incorrect wait times. So if you go without reservations and they tell you 45 mins, sit tight a table will magically be ready a lot sooner. We are in the Woodlands not Vegas.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place For DinnerLes27Dined on 3/1/2014Met a girl friend for dinner for girls' night out. The food was fantastic and the service was attentive without being overbearing. We went on a Saturday night at 7 and the restaurant was almost full but not so noisy we couldn't converse sitting across from each other. It's a bit more pricey than another sushi place I like but that is due to the location in Market Street. Great walkability though for heading to another place for drinks after dinner. Parking was easy and free in the garage next to the restaurant. Nice setting inside without being pretentious like so many places down in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy my time at UniOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2014Always enjoy my time at Uni Sushi. Love the ambience, always get seated where I want, which is the quieter front of the restaurant. Suits all ages, suits all styles of dress and I would imagine everyone's price! Could be a little too noisy with their music but play a good range of music, hence suiting everyone, good balance. Prefer the comfortable booth seating to the chairs. Do not like the curved booth seating as everyone is sitting on top of each other and can be very awkward for the people seated in the centre. Their table and chairs are a little too basic and too close together with the loud music your conversation is for everyone around you. Love Uni Sushi and often lunch there, I always recommend it to people visiting the woodlands.Special Features:
- Good choice for lunch...MCinTheWoodlandsVIPDined on 2/3/2014Love the atmosphere here - not your typical sushi place - more elegant in decor. Service is always great here, from hostess to servers and bussers... everyone is always so polite and professional. The food is good, but the portions are small.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ceviche is a must! BoothsdivaVIPDined on 1/18/2014Ceviche is a must! Booths are large and backs are high so you actually have privacy...table big enough for tons of food. Everything we had, rolls, soup, ceviche...all excellent!Special Features:
- Food is always good to excellent,JohnDined on 12/13/2013Food is always good to excellent, never bad. But it can fluctuate from good to very good. But that is par for the course for raw fish in Houston, we are not in Hawaii or Los Angeles. The restaurant has core staff that has been here for a fair amount of time, and they are great staff, however, the restaurant does has its share of the revolving door of new staff and they often lack the knowledge of what they are doing or what they are serving, if you can be patient, they do try and are always polite.
- Deliciousdiner13Dined on 12/7/2013Uni Sushi has delicious food! I have never been disappointed with the sushi. The staff is always very friendly and usually knows the menu. I love this restaurant and go at least once a month, although it could be a little pricey if you have a big appetite! Not only do they serve freshly prepared sushi, they also have cooked Asian meals and some more American meals, so you could take a group of different tastes. I prefer the sushi. I usually just turn up and wait for a table, but using Open Table for the first time was great! All ran effortlessly. Will use again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality dining establishmentgeorgeDined on 11/29/2013Uni Sushi is a restaurant that I would take some of my more discerning relatives or friends to with the expectation that it would not disappoint. The decor and ambiance is very chic and moderately elegant in a retro modern/ oriental fusion fashion. When our evening plans suddenly changed, the reception personnel were very accommodating and without any issue changed my later expected reservation to an earlier (3 hours) one an had us (party of 6) seated within 10 minutes. Services was very professional and efficient. Waiter had a good menu knowledge and made good recommendations. Food was very good. The California roll was a little underwhelming (snow crab) but good. Pricing was okay. There is good local competition - so keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The rice needs to be cookedEatingVIPDined on 11/15/2013The rice needs to be cooked better for people who knows the tasteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow, loud, but good sushiDinesoutalotVIPDined on 11/2/2013We visited for Saturday night dinner. The place was packed. The noise level was very loud. Food was very good. Unfortunately, the service people are so busy, service is slow. The place was teeming with large groups with small children who were allowed to run wild throughout the place. Not the place for a quiet dinner.
- Always fresh, always great foodstormbringerDined on 10/14/2013I go to Uni Sushi about once per month -- the foot is always very fresh and tasty. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys sushi/sashimi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were excellent.ksbkDined on 10/11/2013Food and service were excellent. Enjoyed the recommendations of our server. Food arrived promptly and was well timed with our drinks and appetizer. Only drawback was bland interior of the restaurant with no real view of anything special. It was a warm night and we chose to eat inside not only because of the weather but the outside eating area was plain and uninviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, outstanding specialtyCulinarykitchenVIPDined on 9/27/2013Creative, outstanding specialty cocktails! The Asian take on the ceviche was incredible along with the shrimp tempura "tacos". Both dishes were delicious. I look forward to dining here again next time I am in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Uni's fault, but the childrenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2013Not Uni's fault, but the children in the next booth were obnoxious! Banging feet on booth, jumping around and extremely loud. Too bad their parents had zero control. It was more obnoxious when the parents just talked louder over the hollering children. Take your kids elsewhere if they are not behaved! Also, it was entirely too cold for nearly everyone in the back area where we were seated. That is hard to work around with it being 100++ outside and the server was more than happy to have it turned off for a bit. The food, as always, was fun, colorful, varied and delicious!! Thanks, Uni for a good spot for birthday celebrations.Special Features:
- excellent as usualYumsterDined on 6/22/2013Wonderful restaurant. Excellent service, food, ambiance it is the whole shebang. I enjoy myself each time I go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Play by the rules, or...BobDobbsVIPDined on 6/1/2013Don't bring in outside food for the little ones, they don't allow it. If one of your party is late, don't plan on being seated till everyone arrives. I love the food, I really dislike the management. But when your restaurant is on a wait most nights, management couldn't care less that I won't be back for a long, long time.Special Features:
- just a bad night???warriormom71Dined on 5/18/2013Nice interior and tables. Service was slow. Food was okay, not up to par as anticipated. Bland food. Tuna tartar was good. Sea bass had a creamy sauce that was tasty.Special Features:
- An Off-NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/20/2013Have been to Uni Sushi countless times and have thorougly enjoyed the food. However, yesterday was an off-night: edamame was overcooked and shrimp tempura tacos were flavorless. Also, found it a bit weird to be seated on the patio when we hadn't requested it in the reservation. It didn't seem so crowded inside that we couldn't have gotten a table inside. The patio was super quiet, with no music on despite there being speakers. Zero music made for zero ambiance, which was unfortunate, as we were celebrating a birthday.
- Always amazing!!!! The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2013Always amazing!!!! The best sushi in the Houston area, hands down!Special Features:
- Good sushi in an elegant settingMCinTheWoodlandsVIPDined on 3/15/2013The restaurant's decor is gorgeous and, especially for a sushi restaurant, quite sumptious. Service was very attentive. I ordered a sashimi salad and a few pieces of eel sashimi. All of it was very fresh and delicious. The reasons for 4 of 5 in food and ambiance: 1) I find the menu to be a bit pricey for what it is, and 2) I dined for lunch, and for almost the entire time, I could hear the staff laughing behind me - I don't know if they were the servers or the sushi chefs (all voices were male,) but they were loud, at it got to be rather annoying.Special Features:
- Uni Sushi The Woodlands TXTomandBevDined on 3/9/2013Great food, quite, good atmosphere. Food servers need to pay closer attention.Special Features:
- Service too slow. More thanOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/5/2013Service too slow. More than 30 minutes to get the food.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/22/2013We come regularly and love it. We brought friends from Dallas and they were amazed with the food. He called it a truly memorable meal...Special Features:
- Music way too loud for a niceTcpeteVIPDined on 2/1/2013Music way too loud for a nice meal and very annoying. Asked what looked like the most senior person at hostess stand if it could be turned down and got the quick "No, this is how it always is and we've been here for years, it's always like this and we have no control over the volume...". We ended up asking our waiter and he fortunately knew enough to get it turned down. Food is usually pretty good but many different people dropping off food to tables and not even knowing which person gets which plate.
- It was the best sushi I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/19/2013It was the best sushi I've ever eaten! The atmosphere was energetic and the service was great!Special Features:
- I love this place. The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013I love this place. The best sushi I have had, by far!
- Excellent food, Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/9/2013The food was great! But the service was disappointing. Our waitress only checked on us once during our hour and a half visit. It was the bust boy who refilled our glasses, and the restaurant wasn't even busy.Special Features: