11 West River Road
Rumson, NJ 07760Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.undicirestaurant.com/
- Phone: (732) 842-3880
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: open at 4pm, Tuesday: open at 4pm, Wednesday-Sunday: open at 12pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giovanni Atzori
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Undici has one of the greatest party venues in New Jersey for up to 70 guests. A great place for christenings, bridal showers, holiday parties and office functions to name a few. Enjoy our rustic Italian fare, award winning wine list and professional service for your next party or function. Our private room features it's own bar and private restrooms making it truly private.
- Private Party Contact: Susan Smiley 7328423880
A word from Undici
Undici is the recreation of a Tuscan farmhouse. The stone, woods, plaster and tile are all reminiscent of an era passed. The cuisine consists of the freshest quality ingredients available at market. This allows us to change our menus daily to provide continuing freshness and change. The menu is truly rustic Italian. All of our pasta,including gnocchi and ravioli, are homemade daily using only Caputo Italian flour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Undici - Best Restaurants in Rumson ›
Undici reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
notable wine list (50)fit for foodies (46)neighborhood gem (46)romantic (34)special occasion (31)vibrant bar scene (26)good for groups (22)great for outdoor dining (19)hot spot (13)late-night find (6)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Don't go during Restaurant Week!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I've been to Undici many times before and have been pleased every time. I went this past Thursday during restaurant week and while the food was delicious the service was absolutely horrible!! We were treated differently and were also rushed during our meal to make way for full paying customers. As I said before, I have dined there many times prior to Restaurant Week so I can honestly see a difference in service. Shame on our server and her superiors for the less than acceptable service. It was such a negative experience that I won't be going back and neither will the friends that were with me.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014I heard great things about this place but was not impresed at all. Nothing about the food stood out to me. I might as well made it in my own kitchen.Special Features:
- nice restaurant week menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014we attended during Restaurant week which had a prix fixe menu with many selections if you wanted to partake. I did notice the portions were a bit smaller than in the past which surprised me. All in all a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014Wednesday nights are great. Half price wine night and a really good wine list. Went on resteraunt week for my first time there. Pasta was delicious and homemade. Everyone was very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best foodRlisiDined on 11/9/2014Undici was one of the best places I have ever been to. Great food, great service, great wine list,and a very nice place all around. We would highly recommend this place to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for four....TeeRamDined on 11/9/2014The resteraunt ran out of the Branzino (my favorite) and Pork dish (my husbands favorite) and only sausage as a substitution. I also ordered A decaf cappuccino, asking three times to make sure it was decaf and when it was handed to me I also asked if it was decaf... Trust me as someone with a sensitivity to caffeine it wasn't decaf. We went to Undici for resteraunt week to try it out and we had higher expectations it was acceptable but I expected more.Special Features:
- First TimeMichaelDined on 11/9/2014Enjoyed the way the rustic decoration of the restaurant. The service was very good and so was the food.Special Features:
- Always great!kjnl1115Dined on 11/9/2014We keep going back to Undici for special occasions as well as to have great glass of wine and a delicious pizza at the bar. Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014Every course was scrumptious. Not your ususal Italian food. They have taken that to another level. Will go back on Friday with friends to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jersey Shore Restaurant Weekluvrestaurants1Dined on 11/7/2014Our table was ready promptly at 7:00. We felt a little rushed as soon as we sat down to order. At 7:20 when we ordered, we were told that one of the items on the app list was already not available. There was no other choice that I was looking forward to and settled for the salad. The main course which was the Branzino was exceptionally good as was the desert. The noise level was very loud especially coming from a work day to relax at dinner which detracted from the evening. I would go back though to try the regular menu at some point in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014The salad was amazing! Thye did not cut the portion sizes down for restaurant week!Special Features:
- special eveningKandMeatsDined on 11/6/2014we recently dined at Undici for the first time. We were pleasantly surprised by the vast wine list and the knowledgable waiter (Gilbert). The meals were presented magnificently with the portions just above what you might call "small." Very well seasoned and the order cam out exactly as we requested (a couple substitutions and meat cooked med rare). The wines by the glass were on a promo (1/2 price on Thurs), which was a nice surprise. The prices are similar to NYC, so for us, it would be a place to go for special evenings.Special Features:
- Food not good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014Was not impressed at all. Food was salty. Calamari was not done properly. I should say the only thing that I was impressed about was the decor, very cozy. I will not go back.
- great foodexcellentexperienceVIPDined on 11/1/2014but dining area is too loud to allow dinner conversationSpecial Features:
- Overrated...Iron8chefVIPDined on 11/1/2014This restaurant is highly overrated and surely not worth it. The food was bland, tasteless and just edible. The pumpkin soup was bland, watery and the only thing that tasted pumpkin was the pumkin seeds. Quail was dry, the pork chop was smothered with gravy that should be used for meatloaf. The pasta was gross more like a chef boy ar dee. Dessert at best was sponge cake to pass it off as this apple crisp. Worst restaurant in Monmouth County.. Never going backSpecial Features:
- Fantastic!dj123Dined on 10/25/2014The food was excellent! We enjoyed everything from the martinis, wine list, apps, main course and dessert were just fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High prices, high noise levels, ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/25/2014Nothing bad to say about the restaurant, but it was just okay. Not worth the price. Service was decent, but it was annoying that they had so many servers, busboys, managers wandering around the restaurant, yet we had to ask for water refills. Salads were good, but over-priced. Pumpkin ravioli was tasty, but not enough sauce. Halibut was a little fishy. Steaks were good, but hardly worth top end steak restaurant prices. Noise level is ridiculous - the restaurant can easily add some sound absorbing material to fix this and is something that everyone mentions about this place.
- Oenophiles' Heaven & Great ItalianLobedawgsDined on 10/25/2014Victor Rallo seems to have used all of the knowledge he's gained from his extensive travel to Italy and brought back a comprehensive menu and wine list covering all of the regions of Italy (read: if you're looking for chicken parmesan or baked ziti, this is not the place for you). I don't think I've ever seen such an extensive wine list in any Italian restaurant and lived in NYC for 15 years. The sommelier was friendly and knowledgeable and suggest a delicious red that didn't break the bank. The waitress was very friendly and the entire staff was attentive (the manager stopped by during each course to see how we were doing - a nice touch). The menu well represents the diverse cuisine of Italy and portions were the perfect size.Special Features:
- Fantastic meal!!!at2470Dined on 10/21/2014One of our finest dining experiences ever. Jay helped us pick an incredible wine in our price range and the food was outstanding. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but priceyLeeADined on 10/19/2014I like Undici. It is a very nice place with fine food, good service, and a huge wine list. It is on the expensive side though. Dinner for 4 of us, with one not drinking, and no appetizers, came to $275 before tip. Not cheap, but quite nice.Special Features:
- my favorite restaurant!!ghooostDined on 10/11/2014Well done Undici!! Everything is spot on from the bar, food and drinks to service and ambiance! Excellent food with seasonal menu items, extensive wine list & professional & friendly staff!! Decor makes you feel like you're dining in Italy!! Although I like it, some may say the lighting is too dim. A bit pricey but worth every penny!! Look for mid week specials & make reservations especially on weekends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints.HobokidVIPDined on 10/10/2014We have dined at Undici at least as dozen times over the years and have yet to be disappointed. Menu was great, very accommodating to the kids. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodjanie1010Dined on 9/29/2014I enjoyed the food...a little on the expensive side for NJ, but enjoyable place for friends to meet. We all had specials...a chicken dish and a pumpkin ravioli. Both delicious. We left sated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UndiciBabymomVIPDined on 9/26/2014Food was delicious. But have to deduct points for service. Went for birthday celebration and when cake was brought out...no candle!! Meanwhile next to us, they had cake with candle and singing!! Waiter dropped the ball!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food in Area!BriteDined on 9/26/2014A nice surprise- have driven by this place for years and had never been inside. Excellent salad, scrumptious pizza- super thin crust- totally worth it. Wine list could be expanded. Very attentive service and rustic, but nice decor. Will definitely return. Very large bar - nice place to relax too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDinerVIPDined on 9/24/2014Excellent neighborhood restaurant but the menu is a little limited and the lighting a little too romanticSpecial Features:
- Shore foodiesShorefoodiesDined on 9/20/2014Never had a bad meal here. Great wine list. Great atmosphere. Food is amazing. Pasta is always perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014Always excellent, best Italian restaurant in Monmouth CountySpecial Features:
- CamilleCamilleDined on 9/14/2014Delicious food, great atmosphere, great wine choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great new findluv2eatDined on 9/13/2014Our friends recommended this place to us. We were there on a Saturday night and it was packed. It was very loud and noisy, so we couldn't really have a full on conversation. It was also quite warm inside. However, the service was fast and good and the food was quite tasty. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarsVIPDined on 9/13/2014One of my favorite Italian restaurant. As always food was deelicious...you can't go wrong with anything you order.Special Features:
- mddinerVIPDined on 9/3/2014Very good food but way overpriced! Couldn't find a salad or appetizer for less than $16 and pastas were all in the upper 20's. Just not necessary.
- Excellent diningGrifoniDined on 9/3/2014We had an excellent experience at Undici. The food was authentic, well prepared, deliscious and well served. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleases2eatersVIPDined on 8/31/2014One of our favorites when we are at our summer place at the shore. Our 16 year old granddaughter requested dinner there when she and her family visited. We all love the food and the service is attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Always good MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We've been to Undici many times and we always had a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- feels like tuscanykapcDined on 8/30/2014The setting makes you feel like you are in a visa in Tuscany and the food and prep are straight from the Italian countryside and a great Italian chef with a flare for the deliciozo....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular...DelightedDined on 8/29/2014...as always. Freshest ingredients and best staff around...This place beats out many of our city favorites hands down.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014I had the chicken stuffed with ricotta topped with heirloom tomato and eggplant it was delicious. My husband had the Sunday sauce which was also delicious:Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Charming Outdoor AreaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Food and service were top notch, and expected based on past visits. But this time we brought the kids (1 and 5 yrs old). We took a space at a beautiful wood table outside, which was rustic and charming. Having kids was no problem, even during the 7pm dinner rush when the place was busy.Special Features:
- stepped into TuscanyfoodicoupleDined on 8/21/2014Fabulous dinner on 11th anniversary, chicken stuffed with ricotta topped with heirloom tomato and eggplant was melt in your mouth delicious. Spouse had rigatoni with sausage and kale also wonderful. Great night out.Special Features: