11 West River Road
Rumson, NJ 07760Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.undicirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7328423880
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: open at 4pm, Tuesday: open at 4pm, Wednesday-Sunday: open at 12pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giovanni Atzori
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Undici has one of the greatest party venues in New Jersey for up to 70 guests. A great place for christenings, bridal showers, holiday parties and office functions to name a few. Enjoy our rustic Italian fare, award winning wine list and professional service for your next party or function. Our private room features it's own bar and private restrooms making it truly private.
- Private Party Contact: Susan Smiley 7328423880
A word from Undici
Undici is the recreation of a Tuscan farmhouse. The stone, woods, plaster and tile are all reminiscent of an era passed. The cuisine consists of the freshest quality ingredients available at market. This allows us to change our menus daily to provide continuing freshness and change. The menu is truly rustic Italian. All of our pasta,including gnocchi and ravioli, are homemade daily using only Caputo Italian flour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Undici - Best Restaurants in Rumson ›
Undici reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (41)neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (30)romantic (30)special occasion (26)great for outdoor dining (21)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (10)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- great new findOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Our friends recommended this place to us. We were there on a Saturday night and it was packed. It was very loud and noisy, so we couldn't really have a full on conversation. It was also quite warm inside. However, the service was fast and good and the food was quite tasty. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mddinerVIPDined on 9/3/2014Very good food but way overpriced! Couldn't find a salad or appetizer for less than $16 and pastas were all in the upper 20's. Just not necessary.
- Excellent diningGrifoniDined on 9/3/2014We had an excellent experience at Undici. The food was authentic, well prepared, deliscious and well served. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleases2eatersVIPDined on 8/31/2014One of our favorites when we are at our summer place at the shore. Our 16 year old granddaughter requested dinner there when she and her family visited. We all love the food and the service is attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Always good MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We've been to Undici many times and we always had a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- feels like tuscanykapcDined on 8/30/2014The setting makes you feel like you are in a visa in Tuscany and the food and prep are straight from the Italian countryside and a great Italian chef with a flare for the deliciozo....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular...DelightedDined on 8/29/2014...as always. Freshest ingredients and best staff around...This place beats out many of our city favorites hands down.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014I had the chicken stuffed with ricotta topped with heirloom tomato and eggplant it was delicious. My husband had the Sunday sauce which was also delicious:Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Charming Outdoor AreaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Food and service were top notch, and expected based on past visits. But this time we brought the kids (1 and 5 yrs old). We took a space at a beautiful wood table outside, which was rustic and charming. Having kids was no problem, even during the 7pm dinner rush when the place was busy.Special Features:
- stepped into TuscanyfoodicoupleDined on 8/21/2014Fabulous dinner on 11th anniversary, chicken stuffed with ricotta topped with heirloom tomato and eggplant was melt in your mouth delicious. Spouse had rigatoni with sausage and kale also wonderful. Great night out.Special Features:
- Great for wine enthusiastsNjshoredinerDined on 8/16/2014Wine drinkers paradise with excellent food to complement. There is a wine expert that can help you even if you know little about it but are willing to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014The perfect place to eat if you enjoy outdoor dining on a summer evening. Food and service was excellent. Would recommend the prosciutto and melon for an appetizer and the lasagna for an entrée. Only frustrating thing....which was frustrating, was that we had an 8:30pm reservation and the table was not ready until 9:00pm.
- Consistently goodHealthyGirlDined on 8/9/2014We've been to Undici countless times. We used to live close by, and went more frequently. It is a busy place and very dark. Almost cave-like. We love the service and the food is always consistent. Their menu changes with the seasons and while I usually ate grilled shrimp, it was no longer available. I tried one of their aged steaks. I am no expert on steaks and I eat them well done. I must say it was the most delicious steak I've ever eaten!!! Well work the price. We always get the biscotti. Best anywhere and worth the treat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014We love undici and make sure to come a few times every summer when we are down at the beach. We sat outside which for us is our favorite because the noise level is way down. If here in the summer, be sure to get the corn app special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We can't wait to go back!tangofoxtrotDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I went here for the first time. The specials were terrific especially the tomato salad. I also had the short ribs off the menu which was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!LeeADined on 8/2/2014Decor is really lovely. Food is interesting, well presented, and very tasty. The short rib is excellent!!Special Features:
- Food was great. HM pasta great.JRMNurseDined on 8/1/2014Ask to be seated downstairs, better atmosphere. Upstairs very noisy with children. First time there so we didn't know to ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid neighborhood italianDinerVIPDined on 7/29/2014Very comfortable neighborhood restaurant with a significant wine listSpecial Features:
- Another great dinnerbbott1084Dined on 7/20/2014Dinner was great as usual. Steak is always cooked perfectly and if you are there on a Sunday make sure to get the Sunday Sauce! Appetizer was grilled peach with prosciutto. Delicious! And the pizza is the perfect size for an appetizer. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great Italain experience in RumsonNYChrisDined on 7/19/2014Amazing food with an incredible wine list. Exceptional decor to capture a true Tuscan farm house for al fresco dining. I rated the noise level as energetic and found that to be the only flaw. It was exceptionally loud and our dining experience was limted in conversation, but the overall experience was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/18/2014A delightful meal, excellent service. Good value in the wine list if your are wise enough to ask for help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerDukestormDined on 7/12/2014Excellent Bday celebration dinner for my wife! Not only was the food fantastic, but so was the service as well. Great decor, vibe, food and service. What more do you need?Special Features:
- Good dinnerSUZEDined on 7/12/2014Every other visit to this restaurant was outstanding. This time around I was a little disappointed. When I was called to confirm my reservation, I was advised it was for outdoor seating. I had not requested outdoor seating. Our meal was delicious as usual, but I did not care for our seating arrangements.
- great mealLuvGdFdDined on 7/6/2014Been here many times and they've never disappointed me. Great food and wine in a beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Bit of ItalyluvgoodfoodVIPDined on 7/6/2014Undici has the feel of a Tuscan farm house. Rustic, but cozy. The service and food is amazing. We have been there a few times and will continue to return. The outdoor dining tables and chairs are a piece of art!Special Features:
- Delicious!PastagrLDined on 7/6/2014My husband and I came here with another couple ordering several appetizers (all were amazing -my favorite was the octopus!) to taste a little bit of everything. We were all very impressed with our entrees as well! Can't wait to go back. Delicious food and great service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- are you kidding me?DougVIPDined on 7/4/2014Went for a casual late dinner on the 4th of July. Restaurant was very noisy - absolutely impossible to have a conversation with the family. basically either had to yell across the table or sit in silence. Ordered a bowl of pasta - Amatriciana - which has few ingredients and is inexpensive to prepare - received a half of a bowl and was charged about $25??!! Asked the server if this was an entree portion and he said yes. Two bowls of pasta, one salad and one glass of wine - $120. Ridiculous. We had better food in Rome for less money, for pete's sake.
- Mediocre Food at Outrageous PricesGaryDined on 6/26/2014Very limited menu. Prices are too high and are unjustified. Food was ok but nothing out of the ordinary. Outdoor seating overlooked roadway.
- On a scale of 1-10, Undici is an 11WebnerDined on 6/21/2014Fabulous food , great wine list, top notch service. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud, too pricy vs. qualityHVAADined on 6/19/2014When we stepped in, I was impressed by the decor, and really wanted to like it here. The food prices were way over the top for the slightly above average quality. The wine list is a collosal annoyance, unless you are very familiar with italian wine, or speak italian. Service was fine, but a little too insistant on filling water/wine glasses after a sip was taken.Special Features:
- Great food.JohnDLDined on 6/14/2014Food was delicious and the fresh pasta was awesome. Service was very attentive, but not overbearing. Staff was pleasent and friendly which enhanced the experience. Definitely returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/24/2014Food, service and ambiance terrific. Pear walnut cake dessert is crazy good.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant, But...Den1204VIPDined on 5/24/2014We were very happy with Undici. Both food, and service were very good. The place is very lively, and interesting. Just one caveat: it was unimaginably loud for a Saturday night. I couldn't even hear our friends across the table. If not for the noise, it would have been a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveJenelson1031Dined on 5/18/2014The food was very good overall, but not good enough to warrant the prices. You are definitely paying to feel posh. Not worth it for me.Special Features:
- The following 464 reviews are from the Undici reviews archive.
- Disappointing food.DeedleDined on 5/17/2014Ambience and waitstaff very nice. Food mediocre at best. Great (but overwhelming) wine list.
- love undicilifeisgood320Dined on 5/15/2014Been here several times. It's close to home, excellent wine, great food and can't forget room for dessert. We have been to the wine tastings and bought several cases of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedreechiDined on 5/10/2014Very disappointing evening here.although i booked this reservation well in advance and arrived on time-we were seated for dinner(table of 6) in the bar area. when i asked why i was told that my reservation did not specify eating in the dining room--I have dined in hundreds of restaurants and never before have i needed to specify eating in the dining room.. Secondly the wine list was very large and cumbersome, so my son asked the sommelier for a recommendation within a certain price range---The sommelier suggested a wine well above our range which we went with but it tasted poorly -so for a second bottle we picked a cheaper wine ourselves which was much tastier. Lastly the food was very mediocre -mozzarella was stale and tasteless-Special Features:
- Very nice dinnerJl22Dined on 5/2/2014The food was good and the service was nice. It's a very loud space but that didn't bother us since we enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:
- It was just OKscarlett1115Dined on 4/26/2014I really wanted to love it here. I had heard great things. To me, it was just OK. The Arugula and Prosciutto pizza had no flavor. None whatsoever. I can't even say it tasted good or bad.... It tasted like charred dough. The Duck Ragu was fine. Nothing to write home about. The Milanese was just "OK" and the prices were on the higher side. We asked that they recommend a $30 - $40 bottle of wine. They sold us on a $50 bottle. It was good, but we didn't need to spend $50 on wine. It was pretty inside. But I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/25/2014Great food, great service, knowledgable staff. Beautiful restaraunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.