11 West River Road
Rumson, NJ 07760Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.undicirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7328423880
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: open at 4pm, Tuesday: open at 4pm, Wednesday-Sunday: open at 12pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giovanni Atzori
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Undici has one of the greatest party venues in New Jersey for up to 70 guests. A great place for christenings, bridal showers, holiday parties and office functions to name a few. Enjoy our rustic Italian fare, award winning wine list and professional service for your next party or function. Our private room features it's own bar and private restrooms making it truly private.
- Private Party Contact: Susan Smiley 7328423880
A word from Undici
Undici is the recreation of a Tuscan farmhouse. The stone, woods, plaster and tile are all reminiscent of an era passed. The cuisine consists of the freshest quality ingredients available at market. This allows us to change our menus daily to provide continuing freshness and change. The menu is truly rustic Italian. All of our pasta,including gnocchi and ravioli, are homemade daily using only Caputo Italian flour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Undici - Best Restaurants in Rumson ›
Undici reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (45)fit for foodies (39)neighborhood gem (38)special occasion (34)romantic (32)good for groups (24)great for outdoor dining (22)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (11)late-night find (6)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Fantastic meal!!!at2470Dined on 10/21/2014One of our finest dining experiences ever. Jay helped us pick an incredible wine in our price range and the food was outstanding. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but priceyLeeADined on 10/19/2014I like Undici. It is a very nice place with fine food, good service, and a huge wine list. It is on the expensive side though. Dinner for 4 of us, with one not drinking, and no appetizers, came to $275 before tip. Not cheap, but quite nice.Special Features:
- my favorite restaurant!!ghooostDined on 10/11/2014Well done Undici!! Everything is spot on from the bar, food and drinks to service and ambiance! Excellent food with seasonal menu items, extensive wine list & professional & friendly staff!! Decor makes you feel like you're dining in Italy!! Although I like it, some may say the lighting is too dim. A bit pricey but worth every penny!! Look for mid week specials & make reservations especially on weekends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints.HobokidVIPDined on 10/10/2014We have dined at Undici at least as dozen times over the years and have yet to be disappointed. Menu was great, very accommodating to the kids. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodjanie1010Dined on 9/29/2014I enjoyed the food...a little on the expensive side for NJ, but enjoyable place for friends to meet. We all had specials...a chicken dish and a pumpkin ravioli. Both delicious. We left sated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UndiciBabymomVIPDined on 9/26/2014Food was delicious. But have to deduct points for service. Went for birthday celebration and when cake was brought out...no candle!! Meanwhile next to us, they had cake with candle and singing!! Waiter dropped the ball!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food in Area!BriteDined on 9/26/2014A nice surprise- have driven by this place for years and had never been inside. Excellent salad, scrumptious pizza- super thin crust- totally worth it. Wine list could be expanded. Very attentive service and rustic, but nice decor. Will definitely return. Very large bar - nice place to relax too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDinerVIPDined on 9/24/2014Excellent neighborhood restaurant but the menu is a little limited and the lighting a little too romanticSpecial Features:
- Shore foodiesShorefoodiesDined on 9/20/2014Never had a bad meal here. Great wine list. Great atmosphere. Food is amazing. Pasta is always perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014Always excellent, best Italian restaurant in Monmouth CountySpecial Features:
- CamilleCamilleDined on 9/14/2014Delicious food, great atmosphere, great wine choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great new findluv2eatDined on 9/13/2014Our friends recommended this place to us. We were there on a Saturday night and it was packed. It was very loud and noisy, so we couldn't really have a full on conversation. It was also quite warm inside. However, the service was fast and good and the food was quite tasty. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarsVIPDined on 9/13/2014One of my favorite Italian restaurant. As always food was deelicious...you can't go wrong with anything you order.Special Features:
- mddinerVIPDined on 9/3/2014Very good food but way overpriced! Couldn't find a salad or appetizer for less than $16 and pastas were all in the upper 20's. Just not necessary.
- Excellent diningGrifoniDined on 9/3/2014We had an excellent experience at Undici. The food was authentic, well prepared, deliscious and well served. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleases2eatersVIPDined on 8/31/2014One of our favorites when we are at our summer place at the shore. Our 16 year old granddaughter requested dinner there when she and her family visited. We all love the food and the service is attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Always good MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We've been to Undici many times and we always had a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- feels like tuscanykapcDined on 8/30/2014The setting makes you feel like you are in a visa in Tuscany and the food and prep are straight from the Italian countryside and a great Italian chef with a flare for the deliciozo....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular...DelightedDined on 8/29/2014...as always. Freshest ingredients and best staff around...This place beats out many of our city favorites hands down.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014I had the chicken stuffed with ricotta topped with heirloom tomato and eggplant it was delicious. My husband had the Sunday sauce which was also delicious:Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Charming Outdoor AreaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Food and service were top notch, and expected based on past visits. But this time we brought the kids (1 and 5 yrs old). We took a space at a beautiful wood table outside, which was rustic and charming. Having kids was no problem, even during the 7pm dinner rush when the place was busy.Special Features:
- stepped into TuscanyfoodicoupleDined on 8/21/2014Fabulous dinner on 11th anniversary, chicken stuffed with ricotta topped with heirloom tomato and eggplant was melt in your mouth delicious. Spouse had rigatoni with sausage and kale also wonderful. Great night out.Special Features:
- Great for wine enthusiastsNjshoredinerDined on 8/16/2014Wine drinkers paradise with excellent food to complement. There is a wine expert that can help you even if you know little about it but are willing to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014The perfect place to eat if you enjoy outdoor dining on a summer evening. Food and service was excellent. Would recommend the prosciutto and melon for an appetizer and the lasagna for an entrée. Only frustrating thing....which was frustrating, was that we had an 8:30pm reservation and the table was not ready until 9:00pm.
- Consistently goodHealthyGirlDined on 8/9/2014We've been to Undici countless times. We used to live close by, and went more frequently. It is a busy place and very dark. Almost cave-like. We love the service and the food is always consistent. Their menu changes with the seasons and while I usually ate grilled shrimp, it was no longer available. I tried one of their aged steaks. I am no expert on steaks and I eat them well done. I must say it was the most delicious steak I've ever eaten!!! Well work the price. We always get the biscotti. Best anywhere and worth the treat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014We love undici and make sure to come a few times every summer when we are down at the beach. We sat outside which for us is our favorite because the noise level is way down. If here in the summer, be sure to get the corn app special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Stand-OutLacklusterDined on 8/4/2014An ever changing menu assures that the food served is fresh. The hustle and energy throughout the restaurant confirms that the food has variety and is well prepared and served and enjoyed. Service is attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We can't wait to go back!tangofoxtrotDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I went here for the first time. The specials were terrific especially the tomato salad. I also had the short ribs off the menu which was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!LeeADined on 8/2/2014Decor is really lovely. Food is interesting, well presented, and very tasty. The short rib is excellent!!Special Features:
- Food was great. HM pasta great.JRMNurseDined on 8/1/2014Ask to be seated downstairs, better atmosphere. Upstairs very noisy with children. First time there so we didn't know to ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid neighborhood italianDinerVIPDined on 7/29/2014Very comfortable neighborhood restaurant with a significant wine listSpecial Features:
- Another great dinnerbbott1084Dined on 7/20/2014Dinner was great as usual. Steak is always cooked perfectly and if you are there on a Sunday make sure to get the Sunday Sauce! Appetizer was grilled peach with prosciutto. Delicious! And the pizza is the perfect size for an appetizer. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great Italain experience in RumsonNYChrisDined on 7/19/2014Amazing food with an incredible wine list. Exceptional decor to capture a true Tuscan farm house for al fresco dining. I rated the noise level as energetic and found that to be the only flaw. It was exceptionally loud and our dining experience was limted in conversation, but the overall experience was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/18/2014A delightful meal, excellent service. Good value in the wine list if your are wise enough to ask for help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerDukestormDined on 7/12/2014Excellent Bday celebration dinner for my wife! Not only was the food fantastic, but so was the service as well. Great decor, vibe, food and service. What more do you need?Special Features:
- Good dinnerSUZEVIPDined on 7/12/2014Every other visit to this restaurant was outstanding. This time around I was a little disappointed. When I was called to confirm my reservation, I was advised it was for outdoor seating. I had not requested outdoor seating. Our meal was delicious as usual, but I did not care for our seating arrangements.
- great mealLuvGdFdDined on 7/6/2014Been here many times and they've never disappointed me. Great food and wine in a beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Bit of ItalyluvgoodfoodVIPDined on 7/6/2014Undici has the feel of a Tuscan farm house. Rustic, but cozy. The service and food is amazing. We have been there a few times and will continue to return. The outdoor dining tables and chairs are a piece of art!Special Features:
- Delicious!PastagrLDined on 7/6/2014My husband and I came here with another couple ordering several appetizers (all were amazing -my favorite was the octopus!) to taste a little bit of everything. We were all very impressed with our entrees as well! Can't wait to go back. Delicious food and great service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- are you kidding me?DougVIPDined on 7/4/2014Went for a casual late dinner on the 4th of July. Restaurant was very noisy - absolutely impossible to have a conversation with the family. basically either had to yell across the table or sit in silence. Ordered a bowl of pasta - Amatriciana - which has few ingredients and is inexpensive to prepare - received a half of a bowl and was charged about $25??!! Asked the server if this was an entree portion and he said yes. Two bowls of pasta, one salad and one glass of wine - $120. Ridiculous. We had better food in Rome for less money, for pete's sake.