Underhills Crossing Restaurant
74.5 Pondfield Road
Bronxville, NY 10708Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Underhills Crossing Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.underhillscrossing.com/
- Phone: 9143371200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Monday - Tuesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Wednesday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm; Brunch: Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Sunday: 11:00am-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full catering packages are available and may be custom tailored for your special event in our home or yours.
- Entertainment: Our website highlights upcoming special events and periodic live entertainment.
A word from Underhills Crossing Restaurant
Continually recognized as one of Westchester County’s most vibrant and jazziest restaurants, Underhills Crossing Restaurant's seasonally changing menu features American Nouvelle Cuisine. Under the direction of our Executive Chef, eclectic flavors and creative presentations come together to create dishes that excite and arouse the senses. To complete your dining experience, wine and spirits, which showcase the best in American and International libations, are chosen to properly complement your meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Underhills Crossing Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)special occasion (13)romantic (12)fit for foodies (9)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Never DiappointedretiredmoDined on 8/21/2014I have been coming to Underhills Crossing for years. The food is always fresh and well prepared. The help is always attentive without being overbearing. A great place to relax and unwind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not reserve for last availableOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/13/2014Would encourage diners to not reserve the last available time slot - it is timed to 15 minutes before the kitchen closes and as a result, one is pressured to order the meal immediately, and, no desert is available by the time you are finished with your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014Second time here and once again impressed with the food and service. Menu is not overwhelming and choices on it are well prepared. Definitely rates many more return trips.Special Features:
- A Great FindEnjoydiningoutDined on 8/8/2014Five of us dined on a Friday evening and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The food was excellent and we were not rushed. The servers were very attentive but not on top of you. A pleasant piano bar player added to the ambience but did not overpower the room. The presentation of the food was impressive. We would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungryBebeDined on 8/2/2014After waiting an hour for our entrees, my duck portion was 5 tiny round pieces of duck breast that wasn't enough to feed a child. I had ordered slices of duck breast . I was so hungry. I complained and the manager sent over another portion of 5 tiny round curled up pieces . I will never go back.
- JPOVMODined on 7/12/2014Food - Meal - Waiter - Ambience Excellant! Looking forward to my return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 7/4/2014Never been so disappointed. Incredibly noisy, tables too close. Bathroom wait forever. You can go there for lobster rolls(not bad), sliders(ok), lamb (ok), but cheese stunk up the whole place, we thought it was the clientele. And why do you screw up ribs by making them taste like desert ??? They would be been really good. At least the waitress could've warned us. Never going there again
- It was a dark & stormy night...FeasterVIPDined on 7/3/2014And we hit upon this en route from NYC to the Berkshires in the middle of an epic downpour. It was absolutely delicious and welcoming. Perfect fresh fare to kick off July 4th weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulEricDined on 6/28/2014Lovely spot with outstanding food, service and atmosphere. The waiter was very attentive and friendly without being obtrusive or pushy. The food was amazing with delicate and subtle flavors, perfectly cooked and with a distinctive take on each dish. The unassumingly-named rock shrimp appetizer is a real knock-out -- a tempura-crusted, delicately fried shrimp dish with green onion and scallion mayonnaise. Also has a custom list of specialty cocktails, the two of which we tried, a mint and cucumber juice vodka and a "darker and stormier," were delightful. The music had a 20s and 30s theme: some light jazz and swing with some vocals, played at an appropriate volume that provided atmosphere but did not impede conversation.Special Features:
- Delightful!JoanDined on 6/28/2014This was a birthday celebration, and it was delightful, as usual. We are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underhills= UnderwhelmedPurrminatorVIPDined on 6/19/2014LAZY wait staff-food quality downhill. Ribs tasted old, mac/cheese had NO sausage and the vicchysoise was mealy and bland...no thanksSpecial Features:
- A Serious KitchenmusicdocVIPDined on 5/26/2014We've been to Underhills Crossing several times in the last two years and each time, I feel it just gets better. The appetizers "To Share" are large portions with dense and creative flavors. This time we tried the kitchen's skill on the beef -highest quality filet mignon and New York Strip Steak , both done to perfection. The wine list and creative cocktails are top notch as well. You have to respect the sense of quality that accompanies this easy-going but sophisticated dining room.Special Features:
- The following 133 reviews are from the Underhills Crossing Restaurant reviews archive.
- WineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/5/2014When you ask the waiter what type of Chardonnay they carry you would hope you would get a better answer than "California"
- More than energeticHungryDined on 4/25/2014The food was absolutely delicious. We all had fish dishes and each one was cooked to perfection. The tuna presentation was spectacular. The swordfish was perfect and the bean & spinach combination it sat on was so tasty. My only complaint was the noise leve. Enerfgetic was putting it mildly. We happened to be there while a birthday party was in progress - an adult, hard of hearing, drinking party!!!!We could hardly hear the piano player. We didn't know that he was singing. We would definitely go back, because of the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixedRichardDined on 4/24/2014Nice ambience, good food, interesting take on standards, but skimpy portions. Overpriced wine.Special Features:
- Fabulous, as usual!JoanDined on 4/20/2014We are never disappointed. The food and service were excellent. We will be back many more times.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantGennyDined on 4/20/2014We visited this restaurant for Easter Brunch. The staff were very hopsitable and took our order immediately. Although the place was quite busy we didn't have to wait at all and overall the service was excellent. The brunch menu was great and the food delicious. There was nice music. Wonderful restaurant and we felt like we really had a special Easter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in BronxvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014I went for brunch for Easter for the first time. The decor of the restaurant is quite beautiful w/o being to fu-fu! The service was great and the food was outstanding! They even had a Easter fixed menu which looked good. I can't wait to share this treasure with others and come back again for dinner.Special Features:
- A reliable experienceMarykDined on 4/11/2014I have been many times and always feel catered too and well fed. Good food and good service! I will go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the years of going to Underhill,LouMDined on 4/2/2014In the years of going to Underhill, I've always had a great meal.Special Features:
- great main dish, but not enough toPetieDined on 3/22/2014Loved the food but we all left hungry! Their fish dishes are too small.Special Features:
- ????TedMVIPDined on 3/21/2014Went a Fri nite. Good food but it took an eternity before it got to the table; literally an hour before we were served oysters. Not sure what the reason was for the delay; I didn't ask questions. But my returning to UC is out of the question.Special Features:
- Tasty eclectic small portionsSpoiledbyTravelDined on 3/15/2014The eclectic tasty menu makes this a small neighborhood gem, but the portions were very small and pricey. We had the duck canard, scallops, hanger steak and burger. The steak was the only dish that we did not like. I generally don't mind paying a little extra for a good meal, but my wife and I left this restaurant hungry. No, we are not obese. The bar had a piano player who was drowned by the energetic bar scene. The service was great from the hosts down to the boss boy. Our waiter Genaro was attentive and informative.Special Features:
- Favorite RestaurantPattyDined on 2/15/2014What a gem located right in Bronxville. Why travel when a restaurant with great food is right in town. Excellent service. You walk in and everyone know you from the owner to the maitre d. The food is excellent and the ambiance is so relaxing with fresh flowers on the table, spacious tables and space between the tables. Vibrant bar scene with a piano bar now where one can get a drink or eat at the bar. I walk out and I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch!jackiemcDined on 2/9/2014Wonderful real breakfast brunch food with mimosas! We love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised and happyMookieDined on 2/1/2014Went there on a first date at the suggestion of a friend. I was pleasantly surprised by everything - the wait staff, the food, the atmosphere and the overall ambience of the place. Also, the prices were reasonable for such exceptional food. Next time I'm in Bronxville I will definitely check it out again.Special Features:
- Dissappointed.pattyDined on 1/24/2014lovely location and attractive. However, service was poor and 2 of the 4 meals were delivered cold. Short ribs were delicious but served on a bed of mashed potatoes which detracted from the flavor of the ribs.
- We went on a busy SaturdaykandjDined on 1/18/2014We went on a busy Saturday night. Service was efficient but impersonal and not very welcoming. Food was quite good, although a promised special was not available (early in evening), so that was disappointing. I'm not inclined to go back - for this amount of money (we easily spent $100 for 2, without dessert), I'd hope for a better overall dining experience.Special Features:
- Great meallocaldinerDined on 12/31/2013I just love the short ribs. The sauce and mashed potatoes are delicious. The sac de chocolat is a great dessert to share.Special Features:
- A pleasant experience not expected!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013I stopped going to underhills, not for the food or price, but because the wait staff was rude and not attentive. When I go out to dine I do not want to feel like a second class citizen. Recently I looked at your menu and liked it. So, I gave it another try. I am pleased to say that the waiters and bus boys were attentive, friendly and helpful. I was so glad because I always like the taste and presentation of my meals. However, we were seated by the door and crowded by the other diners waiting for their tables. It was also cold that night sthat I had a positve experience and they should give it a go. I will return..o everytime the door opened we were chilled. We accepted it because it was X-mas eve and you were crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing mean and great serviceTDMMVIPDined on 12/16/2013We had a wonderful experience at UC. The food was well prepared and the service was outstanding. Highly recommended to enjoy a fantastic evening dinner ( or lunch) at this neighborhood gem in Bronxville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice SurpriseSiobhanDined on 11/24/2013This was the first time we dined at Underhills Crossing and it was simply delicious. The restaurant had a very nice feel to it - beautifully decorated,etc. The staff was great - very accommodating. One had the small plate rigatoni primavera, one had the scarpariello and one had the lemon sole special. The portions were perfect. We look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Intolerable Noise LevelOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/16/2013The food was average but the noise level was intolerable. Members of our group had to take breaks during the meal just to get away from the noise.Special Features:
- We had a lovely dinner onRegulardinerVIPDined on 11/1/2013We had a lovely dinner on a Friday night here. Everyone loved their food. The dining room is charming and the food is inventive. We have a daughter at Sarah Lawrence and enjoy being able to have a nice meal without going into manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderhillBabsDined on 10/12/2013Service was not up to par on night visited. We are long standing patrons and were somewhat disappointed. It is not necessary to have a singer with the piano player, it was just too noisy.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood gem and moresixlovesVIPDined on 10/10/2013We attended a wine tasting as guests of friends who had won the evening at a charity event. The tasting was so spectacular that we have since dined at Underhills three more times the following two weeks. The food is delicious, the service is spectacular, and on many evenings there is a piano player to add just that extra special touch that makes this long established restaurant a must go to on anyone's list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but incredibly loud.MikeSVIPDined on 9/28/2013Saturday night, 9 o"clock. Food good, service good, noise unbelievable. This restaurant needs to install some sound- absorbing materials. Normal conversation with person siting right next to you was impossible. Pianist and singer compete with the din and wind up adding to it.
- Room for improvementCITYKIDDined on 9/13/2013We arrived on time for our reservation and then waited 30 minutes to be seated. We then waited another 30 before any food arrived. The staff looked overwhelmed. However we will give them another shot down the line.
- Great meeting placeJudyVIPDined on 9/9/2013The combination of convenient location, pleasant atmosphere, interesting menu and delicious food make this a natural destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bronxville's BestTastebudsDined on 9/7/2013Underhill Crossing (UC) has been around a long time in Bxville while other restaurants have come and gone. Their success is simple, give a good meal for a fair price. Their service staff, headed up by the personable owner, Steve, was doting without being obtrusive. They were friendly and knowledgeable when it came to the food and their recommendations were on target. I expect that UC will continue to flourish while others will eventually fall by the wayside. We enjoyed the soft entertainment of a piano player and singer who's sound level was tolerable. All in all, a great experience worthy of a revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.