Underhills Crossing Restaurant
74.5 Pondfield Road
Bronxville, NY 10708Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Underhills Crossing Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.underhillscrossing.com/
- Phone: 9143371200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Monday - Tuesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Wednesday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm; Brunch: Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Sunday: 11:00am-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full catering packages are available and may be custom tailored for your special event in our home or yours.
- Entertainment: Our website highlights upcoming special events and periodic live entertainment.
A word from Underhills Crossing Restaurant
Continually recognized as one of Westchester County’s most vibrant and jazziest restaurants, Underhills Crossing Restaurant's seasonally changing menu features American Nouvelle Cuisine. Under the direction of our Executive Chef, eclectic flavors and creative presentations come together to create dishes that excite and arouse the senses. To complete your dining experience, wine and spirits, which showcase the best in American and International libations, are chosen to properly complement your meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Underhills Crossing Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (17)fit for foodies (17)romantic (17)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (10)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I went to Underhills Crossing the other night, loved the atmosphere the background piano player was great. Was in such a great mood tried their Prohibition Cocktails such fun. We shared the duck confit and the fluke crudo, excellent. My husband the foodie raved on and on. For entrees I had the monkfish he had the Lamb Loin both were terrific. Service was impeccable can't wait to back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fine dining experience!NY38Dined on 10/15/2014Recently I tasted a few dishes on the new menu at Underhills Crossing, it was delightful from start to finish. I enjoyed the beet salad, fish tacos and chicken faux gras mousse which was absolutely delicious as a starter. For main course, I had short ribs cooked perfectly. The staff is attentive, decor and ambiance encourage relaxed dining, wonderful piano player. A great find in a quaint little town. Fit for foodies, notable wine list, romantic, special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Fall Menu!GoodLife10708Dined on 10/15/2014I have always been delighted by Underhills Crossing - from menu choices, to presentation, to expert service and the hip atmosphere, but I was able to enjoy a few more of their fall menu choices this past week while dining with a friend. WOW! The "starters" of chicken "faux gras" mousse, escargot in a warm vichyssoise and duck confit were treasures to start the evening. Didn't think they could be topped with the short ribs and duck breast entrees, but they were. Can't wait to go back and try a few more of their selections! Bon Appetite!Special Features:
- Amazing new menu!lvgoodfoodDined on 10/15/2014The new menu was amazing! Everything was so fresh and the flavors were fantastic! I would have tasted more dishes if i had the room. The desserts were heaven, especially the Rice Risotto! The restaurant is beautiful and has such a great atmosphere with a live piano player. It was a real treat of a night and cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tablesgot2dineDined on 10/11/2014Two of us were seated in section with 7 or 8 two tops, there were too close together...besides that, was great....next time, I'll book any other tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- laura8VIPDined on 10/11/2014Food and service were fine, but it gets noisier by the hour. Wine list is unreasonably pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the best in westchesterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Great food, not rushed and was able to enjoy a great dinner for my 9 year wedding anniversary. Food was and always is fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!WinstonVIPDined on 9/14/2014Stopped in for late brunch on Sunday and we were greeted warmly and promptly served with great cocktails and delicious eggs benedict. Will be back for lunch or dinner to try a full meal, but so far full marks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great….OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Sat two tables away from the piano, too loud, could't hear the person seated next to me. The waiter was completely indifferent, service was awful. Waited longer that acceptable for dinner!
- SpringmanSpringmanDined on 9/6/2014The dining experience, which would have been otherwise very good, was marred by excessive noise by people shouting to be heard over the din. There should be sound absorbing material incorporated throughout the dining area so that conversation can take place without resorting to unnecessarily raising one's voice. One could barely hear the pianist over the racket.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014The noise level was excruciating!!!!! and then at 8pm on top of the straining to converse noise level a singing piano player was added to the cacophony. Left before coffee and desert....UGHSpecial Features:
- Never DiappointedretiredmoDined on 8/21/2014I have been coming to Underhills Crossing for years. The food is always fresh and well prepared. The help is always attentive without being overbearing. A great place to relax and unwind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not reserve for last availableOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/13/2014Would encourage diners to not reserve the last available time slot - it is timed to 15 minutes before the kitchen closes and as a result, one is pressured to order the meal immediately, and, no desert is available by the time you are finished with your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014Second time here and once again impressed with the food and service. Menu is not overwhelming and choices on it are well prepared. Definitely rates many more return trips.Special Features:
- A Great FindEnjoydiningoutDined on 8/8/2014Five of us dined on a Friday evening and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The food was excellent and we were not rushed. The servers were very attentive but not on top of you. A pleasant piano bar player added to the ambience but did not overpower the room. The presentation of the food was impressive. We would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungryBebeDined on 8/2/2014After waiting an hour for our entrees, my duck portion was 5 tiny round pieces of duck breast that wasn't enough to feed a child. I had ordered slices of duck breast . I was so hungry. I complained and the manager sent over another portion of 5 tiny round curled up pieces . I will never go back.
- JPOVMODined on 7/12/2014Food - Meal - Waiter - Ambience Excellant! Looking forward to my return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 7/4/2014Never been so disappointed. Incredibly noisy, tables too close. Bathroom wait forever. You can go there for lobster rolls(not bad), sliders(ok), lamb (ok), but cheese stunk up the whole place, we thought it was the clientele. And why do you screw up ribs by making them taste like desert ??? They would be been really good. At least the waitress could've warned us. Never going there again
- It was a dark & stormy night...FeasterVIPDined on 7/3/2014And we hit upon this en route from NYC to the Berkshires in the middle of an epic downpour. It was absolutely delicious and welcoming. Perfect fresh fare to kick off July 4th weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulEricDined on 6/28/2014Lovely spot with outstanding food, service and atmosphere. The waiter was very attentive and friendly without being obtrusive or pushy. The food was amazing with delicate and subtle flavors, perfectly cooked and with a distinctive take on each dish. The unassumingly-named rock shrimp appetizer is a real knock-out -- a tempura-crusted, delicately fried shrimp dish with green onion and scallion mayonnaise. Also has a custom list of specialty cocktails, the two of which we tried, a mint and cucumber juice vodka and a "darker and stormier," were delightful. The music had a 20s and 30s theme: some light jazz and swing with some vocals, played at an appropriate volume that provided atmosphere but did not impede conversation.Special Features:
- Delightful!JoanDined on 6/28/2014This was a birthday celebration, and it was delightful, as usual. We are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 135 reviews are from the Underhills Crossing Restaurant reviews archive.
- Underhills= UnderwhelmedPurrminatorVIPDined on 6/19/2014LAZY wait staff-food quality downhill. Ribs tasted old, mac/cheese had NO sausage and the vicchysoise was mealy and bland...no thanksSpecial Features:
- A Serious KitchenmusicdocVIPDined on 5/26/2014We've been to Underhills Crossing several times in the last two years and each time, I feel it just gets better. The appetizers "To Share" are large portions with dense and creative flavors. This time we tried the kitchen's skill on the beef -highest quality filet mignon and New York Strip Steak , both done to perfection. The wine list and creative cocktails are top notch as well. You have to respect the sense of quality that accompanies this easy-going but sophisticated dining room.Special Features:
- WineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/5/2014When you ask the waiter what type of Chardonnay they carry you would hope you would get a better answer than "California"
- More than energeticHungryDined on 4/25/2014The food was absolutely delicious. We all had fish dishes and each one was cooked to perfection. The tuna presentation was spectacular. The swordfish was perfect and the bean & spinach combination it sat on was so tasty. My only complaint was the noise leve. Enerfgetic was putting it mildly. We happened to be there while a birthday party was in progress - an adult, hard of hearing, drinking party!!!!We could hardly hear the piano player. We didn't know that he was singing. We would definitely go back, because of the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixedRichardDined on 4/24/2014Nice ambience, good food, interesting take on standards, but skimpy portions. Overpriced wine.Special Features:
- Fabulous, as usual!JoanDined on 4/20/2014We are never disappointed. The food and service were excellent. We will be back many more times.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantGennyDined on 4/20/2014We visited this restaurant for Easter Brunch. The staff were very hopsitable and took our order immediately. Although the place was quite busy we didn't have to wait at all and overall the service was excellent. The brunch menu was great and the food delicious. There was nice music. Wonderful restaurant and we felt like we really had a special Easter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in BronxvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014I went for brunch for Easter for the first time. The decor of the restaurant is quite beautiful w/o being to fu-fu! The service was great and the food was outstanding! They even had a Easter fixed menu which looked good. I can't wait to share this treasure with others and come back again for dinner.Special Features:
- A reliable experienceMarykDined on 4/11/2014I have been many times and always feel catered too and well fed. Good food and good service! I will go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the years of going to Underhill,LouMDined on 4/2/2014In the years of going to Underhill, I've always had a great meal.Special Features:
- great main dish, but not enough toPetieDined on 3/22/2014Loved the food but we all left hungry! Their fish dishes are too small.Special Features:
- ????TedMVIPDined on 3/21/2014Went a Fri nite. Good food but it took an eternity before it got to the table; literally an hour before we were served oysters. Not sure what the reason was for the delay; I didn't ask questions. But my returning to UC is out of the question.Special Features:
- Tasty eclectic small portionsSpoiledbyTravelDined on 3/15/2014The eclectic tasty menu makes this a small neighborhood gem, but the portions were very small and pricey. We had the duck canard, scallops, hanger steak and burger. The steak was the only dish that we did not like. I generally don't mind paying a little extra for a good meal, but my wife and I left this restaurant hungry. No, we are not obese. The bar had a piano player who was drowned by the energetic bar scene. The service was great from the hosts down to the boss boy. Our waiter Genaro was attentive and informative.Special Features:
- Favorite RestaurantPattyDined on 2/15/2014What a gem located right in Bronxville. Why travel when a restaurant with great food is right in town. Excellent service. You walk in and everyone know you from the owner to the maitre d. The food is excellent and the ambiance is so relaxing with fresh flowers on the table, spacious tables and space between the tables. Vibrant bar scene with a piano bar now where one can get a drink or eat at the bar. I walk out and I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch!jackiemcDined on 2/9/2014Wonderful real breakfast brunch food with mimosas! We love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised and happyMookieDined on 2/1/2014Went there on a first date at the suggestion of a friend. I was pleasantly surprised by everything - the wait staff, the food, the atmosphere and the overall ambience of the place. Also, the prices were reasonable for such exceptional food. Next time I'm in Bronxville I will definitely check it out again.Special Features:
- Dissappointed.pattyDined on 1/24/2014lovely location and attractive. However, service was poor and 2 of the 4 meals were delivered cold. Short ribs were delicious but served on a bed of mashed potatoes which detracted from the flavor of the ribs.
- We went on a busy SaturdaykandjDined on 1/18/2014We went on a busy Saturday night. Service was efficient but impersonal and not very welcoming. Food was quite good, although a promised special was not available (early in evening), so that was disappointing. I'm not inclined to go back - for this amount of money (we easily spent $100 for 2, without dessert), I'd hope for a better overall dining experience.Special Features:
- Great meallocaldinerDined on 12/31/2013I just love the short ribs. The sauce and mashed potatoes are delicious. The sac de chocolat is a great dessert to share.Special Features: