Underdog Wine Bar & Lounge
4590 Tesla Road
Livermore, CA 94550Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
Underdog Wine Bar & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.underdogwinebar.com/
- Phone: 9255831581
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chef Eric Berg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Dine in our private library which houses over 500 of Concannon Vineyard's rare vintage wines. Menu offering can be selected from our menu or a custom menu can be arranged to meet your event needs. Whether it's a business gathering, girl/guys night out or just to get together with friends; Underdog Wine Bar is the place to be!
- Private Party Contact: Jeremy Ponzio 9255831592
- Entertainment: Check our calendar ( www.UnderdogWineBar.com/-Events ) for event dates, live music, and stand-up comedy!
A word from Underdog Wine Bar & Lounge
Located on the historic, Concannon Vineyard landmark estate, the Underdog Wine Bar is an urban oasis featuring over 50 award-winning and premium wine selections from California and around the world. Our nationally-celebrated chef is driven by his passion to create unique, global cuisine which “embodies local, fresh and flavorful nuances,” and our focus is to pair perfectly these culinary creations with intriguing wine flights of discovery. We invite you to enjoy a memorable experience in a casual, cosmopolitan ambiance amid the romance of the vines… where delighting our guests is always the center of our attention.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Underdog Wine Bar & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Livermore ›
Underdog Wine Bar & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (38)notable wine list (28)scenic view (26)good for groups (21)special occasion (20)great for lunch (18)great for brunch (17)romantic (17)fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (13)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great flight and bitesGiddy4wineDined on 8/23/2014Great to sit outside and enjoy the view. Peaceful!!! However the 3rd time we came they had a musician playing in the patio and he was set up right and I mean right next to some tables. It made it hard to have a conversation without talking loudly. While the music is nice I really do want to chat with the friends I come with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underdog disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2014The kitchen was definitely off this visit. "Bottom of the barrel" crumbs of blue cheese and overcooked broccallini.
- Nice on Saturday, late afternoonbaaandoutlawDined on 8/2/2014The setting on the patio is absolutely gorgeous. The wines available are excellent. The food is just OK, but the service is quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining ExperienceJohnDDined on 7/31/2014We sat outside and ordered a flight of wine and several small plates. The food was excellent and service was great. We will go back again. It's a great find for a wonderful meal of excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!sipandnibbleDined on 7/26/2014The food has always been great! The two things that keep bringing me back is the food and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Bar in a Lovely settingAnyaKDined on 7/20/2014We came here for a pre-theater dinner. Enjoyed two flights of excellent wine with salad, cheese, and small plates. I ordered the tuna sliders, which was just a really good tuna sandwich, while my husband had the leg of lamb - which was on the small side, but he said was quite delicious. The cheeses were fresh and went really well with our flights. We ordered the Interesting Reds and Interesting Whites and were not disappointed. We sat indoors (our outdoor seats were given up since we were 30 min late to our reservation, which was fair), but inside was very quiet and cozy and the service was great. Overall, I would recommend the place as an excellent bar for lunch/brunch/dinner, especially if you're out on wine tasting tour.Special Features:
- A great start to a great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014My friends and I dined at the Underdog last Thursday night before seeing "Pride and Prejudice". It was a wonderful way to start our evening. The food, wine and setting were lovely. I will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood favoriteruthchrisfanDined on 7/15/2014Comfy seating outside with ceiling fans, music and a patio style feel in a park-like setting. Wait staff is very attentive. This is a great place for outdoor lunch.Special Features:
- DisappointingvillagevillaDined on 7/12/2014A bit disappointing - the lamb was very dry and the veggies crisp, pulled pork sliders were dry (needed some kind of BBQ sauce) and tuna sliders were dry without much taste (again needed something) - the gnudi and wine were good. Needed more servers as the ones there seemed frazzled. Also music was so loud no one could talk.
- Delicious mealOaktownMommaDined on 7/10/2014The dinner at Underdog was perfect on the temperate patio just before seeing "Pride & Prejudice". When we first looked at the menu, we thought, "one of each". The cheese plate w/prociutto, leg of lamb, and mixed salad were wonderful. The ricotta gnudi were disappointing and doughy. Keep in mind, they really are small plates - so two of us shared four items. With a glass of wine the bill was around $75. We'd definitely come here again before a show.Special Features:
- Lunch at UnderdogMontana16Dined on 7/2/2014Food was great. Service was outstanding. Vonnie was outstanding..................................................................................Special Features:
- Going downOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014We were disappointed at how limited the menu has become. What we had was very good but I don't know that we will go again. The service was terrible. The waitress was absent from the table and, for a restaurant at a winery, you would think that the server would ask if we wanted a second glass of wine. And why wasn't the winery's wine more prominent on the menu? Trouble in paradise? Notably down hill from last year. Sorry to see Livermore Shakes leaving Concannon. Don't know that we will have a reason to go again.Special Features:
- Underdog Wine Bar and LoungeAnutzaDined on 6/22/2014Very pleasant place always. Vibrant atmosphere, good food that pairs well with the wines. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful afternoon!GirlsNightOUtVIPDined on 6/22/2014A group of 4 women met up here for a leisurely afternoon of chatting, drinking and eating. It was perfect! A rare spot where you can sit for hours and never feel hurried. I will absolutely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceFoodie4YouVIPDined on 6/6/2014The staff is very knowledgable about the food they serve and good food wine pairing information as well. The back lawn is beautiful and overlooks the vineyard and it is beautiful and cheerful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The little engine that could...ROJAVIPDined on 5/23/2014So much potential. Such a beautiful scene. The food and service always disappoint. Someday this place will be great with the right owner/chef.
- Friday evening patio dinnerlivermorelocalDined on 5/16/2014My girlfriend and I tried the Underdog for a drink and dinner after the work week. It was nestled behind a winery. The hostess was less than friendly. There was a surprise of music on the patio so we sat out there. The weather and view of vineyard country were very pleasant. The band was (sadly) boring. The Corozon drink was delicious. The Tuna Sliders and Lamb small plates were edible but not tasty. The desserts of lemon marenge pie bites and pecan truffles were very different from each other and pretty good. The servers were friendly and enthusiastic. I would go back and order the same drink and some different food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 307 reviews are from the Underdog Wine Bar & Lounge reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Underdog was outstanding; OpenTable leaves a lot to be desired--e.g., complete and accurate confirmation. OpenTable would not accept my eMail queries. I finally had to drive out to Concannon to make certain that our specific requests had been confirmed. After that, Underdog [at Concannon] was extremely helpful, even calling me to ask if we wanted to change to indoors in the face of weather prediction. I haven't figured out why Concannon even needs a third party reservation system to begin with. OpenTable was completely ineffective, and served only to complicate the experience.
- Anniversary night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Great food and wine experience. The only potential problem was their system did not have the reservation noted. Luckily for us it was not busy the night we went and we got a table for 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good wine not great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2014The wine selection is fun but don't come here hungry. It's not a lunch spot for sure. They have small/tiny expensive plates just as a little food to go with the wine.Special Features:
- Noticed that the menu changed.BeforTutuDined on 3/8/2014Noticed that the menu changed.Before the menu was geared for people to share and was more user friendly,now it's geared to the individual and not easily shared.Items are too exotic and require. Utensil use!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy St. Patrick's DayHerbieDined on 3/7/2014The service was a little spotty, but we were treated with dignity and respect. I would have preferred live music but the mood was satisfactory.Special Features:
- Most RomanticjoeycarboneDined on 3/7/2014This place was beautiful sitting outside and the view was awesome. Plan on going back many times in the very near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love our visits todevinedine1VIPDined on 2/17/2014Always love our visits to Livermore and our regular stop at Underdog!Special Features:
- Great find in the LivermoreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2014Great find in the Livermore wine country. It has a great atmosphere and the food was excellent. We loved sitting on the little love seats while sharing our small plates of food. Great lunch place as it is not that busy at that time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wine tasting day and lunchmoezenaDined on 2/1/2014Toured Concannon Winery then had a wonderful lunch experience at Underdog, Outside seating featured couches for a relaxing leisure eating venue. Food was small plates, several to choose from all were well prepared and tasty. We were able to enjoy the view and watch several families playing games on the lawn while we ate---nice seeing parents and kids playing. Would definitely recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutTreMeadsDined on 1/24/2014Great Place to sit and visit with Friends, while enjoying good food and wine.Special Features:
- RelaxingJimGVIPDined on 1/18/2014We are members of the winery but had never tried the wine bar. Tried it Saturday and we were very gad we did. The service was great. We just had three types of cheese with warm bread and Rosmary Almonds, It was a great way to relax and start off our Saturday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was FridayFremont500Dined on 1/10/2014Made reservations but didn't need them. Root vegetables on endive leaves for an appetizer. Excellent , much better than it sounded. Next up duck sausage for me followed by the meat loaf. Excellent! Wife had lentils soup and the pulled pork, since we shared I know these were very good also. Dishes came a little too fast but that's better than too slow. Also had glass of wine, diet coke and an ice tea. $71 without tip. I'll go back.Special Features:
- Evening with friendsDinerDined on 1/3/2014We tasted wine in the Concannon tasting room and followed up with dinner at the Underdog Wine Bar. The experience at Underdog Wine Bar was enjoyed by every one in our party. Voni provided us with excellent service to compliment the food. We will definitely go back to Underdog Wine Bar.Special Features:
- Small dishes bestmidwest2caliDined on 12/16/2013Went to Underdog early on a Tuesday night, so was not crowded (we were the first to sit at 5:30). Food was great -- had the shredded BBQ pork, and shared the big cheese plate. Both were yummy. Great service and help picking out wine, which worked out well for all 3 of us. I had the bubbly flight -- recommend if you like sparkling wine/champagne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!sotorobDined on 12/13/2013It has never disappointed me from a food and wine perspective. The servers are friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ben here twice now. summerGigiDined on 12/7/2013Ben here twice now. summer and winter. Prefer summer to sit outside less noise level.Special Features:
- I had been here once beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/30/2013I had been here once before and enjoyed it; however this time while the food was ok I really could not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Nothing on the menu was very exciting.Special Features:
- Always an enjoyable experience….KatneiDined on 11/23/2013We travel quite a distance to dine at Underdog and it is always worth it! Great ambience - we love to sit outside in the comfy, welcoming patio. We enjoy the menu - big fans of the small plates concept - allows us to experience a variety of tastes. Especially liked the flatbread and the desserts. Actually we wanted to order every item on the menu! The wine pairings are on target and we also liked the flights. Heaters and blankets combat any chill in the air. Always friendly and accommodating staff with great service. A Northern California favorite - and a great place to take friends and family who are visiting. Food and service you can count on!Special Features:
- Good experience. No issuesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2013Good experience. No issues with using Open Table. Overall enjoyed food but thought very overpriced. Also seating at round center settee very uncomfortable. Would be hesitant to return because of cost of food , but enjoyed wine flight.Special Features:
- Turkey meatballs were veryBaxterVIPDined on 10/31/2013Turkey meatballs were very dry, little flavor. Baked apple crumble was missing the crumble, and the apple was not sufficiently baked.
- So RelaxingSandyVIPDined on 10/22/2013I love this place and highly recommend it especially for girls day/night out activities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is great place to relaxwineloverDined on 10/18/2013It is great place to relax and enjoy great wine with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underdog is a well situatedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2013Underdog is a well situated gem in the Livermore valley. nestled within a beautiful winery, this place had space for days! The views were open and yet intimate backing up to the grape vines bursting in autumnal tones. We had a very plush table on the patio next to a one-man band that totally set the tone for the evening. Our waitress was attentive and suggestive to our party of 6 and we really enjoyed the cheese platter, which was assembled by our waitress' picks. So, whether you are just looking for a glass of wine and a nosh before you move on to your next destination, or you want to catch up with old friends and get cozy with a bottle of wine and artisan tapas, Underdog is a great place to explore. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.