Underdog Wine Bar & Lounge
4590 Tesla Road
Livermore, CA 94550Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
Underdog Wine Bar & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.underdogwinebar.com/
- Phone: (925) 583-1581
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chef Eric Berg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Dine in our private library which houses over 500 of Concannon Vineyard's rare vintage wines. Menu offering can be selected from our menu or a custom menu can be arranged to meet your event needs. Whether it's a business gathering, girl/guys night out or just to get together with friends; Underdog Wine Bar is the place to be!
- Private Party Contact: Jeremy Ponzio 9255831592
- Entertainment: Check our calendar ( www.UnderdogWineBar.com/-Events ) for event dates, live music, and stand-up comedy!
A word from Underdog Wine Bar & Lounge
Located on the historic, Concannon Vineyard landmark estate, the Underdog Wine Bar is an urban oasis featuring over 50 award-winning and premium wine selections from California and around the world. Our nationally-celebrated chef is driven by his passion to create unique, global cuisine which “embodies local, fresh and flavorful nuances,” and our focus is to pair perfectly these culinary creations with intriguing wine flights of discovery. We invite you to enjoy a memorable experience in a casual, cosmopolitan ambiance amid the romance of the vines… where delighting our guests is always the center of our attention.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Underdog Wine Bar & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Livermore ›
Underdog Wine Bar & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (31)notable wine list (27)good for groups (22)scenic view (19)fit for foodies (17)great for lunch (16)special occasion (15)neighborhood gem (13)romantic (10)great for brunch (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Unique Wine Tastin ExperiencOpportunityDined on 11/13/2014The wine selection was very nice, the location was unique, the servers and service was excellent. Great environment for some lite small slection of foods with some great wine tasting. Looks like a great outdoor day time location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing, fun night outGottaLoveLivermoreDined on 11/7/2014Went there with friends to celebrate a Birthday. Great atmosphere, friendly service and perfect place for large or small groups for conversation, wine and tasty snacks. Only our second time there, but definitely not our last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014We were there for a birthday celebration and the outdoor seating is awsome! We have been to Underdog a few times and always enjoyed the food and wine This time there was a singer there, Jackson Rohm. He was very good. We bought three CDsSpecial Features:
- CookDined on 11/1/2014We have been here several times and have always found our experience to be well above average in every way. We bring guests from out of town to this enjoyable place for food, wine and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winery restaurantPAfoodieDined on 10/31/2014Great restaurant adjacent to wine tasting room. Many food choices, dishes to share and wines by the glass or flight. Seasonal specialties in addition to regular menu. Beautiful grounds for outdoor dining weather permitting!Special Features:
- foodfan19Dined on 10/28/2014I have been to Underdog four times. I love the atmosphere. It is so beautiful, especially in the outdoor restaurant. The variety of wines offered is always interesting, considering that it is owned by Concannon, a particular winery. I think that this is a special place, particularly when the weather is nice. The service is always excellent. The appetizers are creative....some I like better than others, but I do like that they change it up pretty often. They always make good recommendations. I have never been disappointed and will go again and again.Special Features:
- Great -Food,Friends & Time !DawnDined on 10/26/2014A great way to spend a Sunday afternoon - a little wine tasting and then nibbles at the outdoor patio. Love the wine flights ! The singer(Brava!) and guitar player were also very good! This was my second time outside and will come again during the winter and try indoors.Special Features:
- Nice little wine barNoraDined on 10/25/2014Nice little wine bar located near the Concannon Winery which adds to its charm. Better to sit outside to catch the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great DinnerluvthisplaceDined on 10/17/2014I just love the UnderDog! The food is great and so is the atmosphere. Great live music as well. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicefoodjunkieDined on 10/8/2014This was our first time here, and although the view was amazing and the food was great the service was terrible! Will have to re-think about going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!CeeTeeDined on 10/3/2014This is a great place for casual outdoor dining. It was perfect California weather. We went with another couple and really enjoyed the atmosphere and the service. The food was delicious. It was all small shareable plates and we had plenty for a very reasonable price. We also had two bottles of wine-and took part of one home as one of us was the DD and only had one glass. Great Concannon wine, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spent a perfect afternoon here!MichaVIPDined on 9/22/2014Had my bestie visiting me from the MidWest and we went here for our first stop wine tasting...and didn't go anywhere else. The wine list is fantastic. The food was delicious. And the afternoon was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon of relaxationmarce60Dined on 9/10/2014Great place to seat and relax with your significant other and or group, and accompanied of glass of wine and some munchies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place; great dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Excellent venue and food. A special thanks to the Chef ChristopherSpecial Features:
- Very expensive, food okayBarbhickmanDined on 9/9/2014The outdoor dining was wonderful - it is a beautiful setting, sheltered from the afternoon sun. The service was very attentive, sometimes a bit too attentive. I ended up having the cold meat board with three selections (which was $17), and the caprese salad (which was $8, I think), and some almonds. The three meat selections I chose were prosciutto, salami, and chorizo. The prosciutto and salami were good - wafer thin, but the servings were very small. The chorizo was so chock full of grease I could not finish more than one small piece. The caprese salad was wonderful, as was the wine (I had one 3-oz pour and a 2-oz flight) and the almonds. I racked up a $50+ bill, which seemed high for what I got.Special Features:
- easyeatsDined on 9/5/2014The food is amazing, the wine list plentiful and the outdoor seating is wonderful but for what you got to eat the prices were a bit steep.Special Features:
- Outdoor seating a mustClover88VIPDined on 8/29/2014We love to come here after work to relax and gaze at the beautiful outdoor views. Small plates are expensive but well-made. Wine is well described and sold in 2oz and 6oz pours. Many well-designed flights allow you to discover good wines. One new not-too-good development: live music. Loud and disruptive to our conversation and relaxation. Service was attentive and helpful in making good choices about food and wine.Special Features:
- Great flight and bitesGiddy4wineDined on 8/23/2014Great to sit outside and enjoy the view. Peaceful!!! However the 3rd time we came they had a musician playing in the patio and he was set up right and I mean right next to some tables. It made it hard to have a conversation without talking loudly. While the music is nice I really do want to chat with the friends I come with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underdog disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2014The kitchen was definitely off this visit. "Bottom of the barrel" crumbs of blue cheese and overcooked broccallini.
- Nice on Saturday, late afternoonbaaandoutlawDined on 8/2/2014The setting on the patio is absolutely gorgeous. The wines available are excellent. The food is just OK, but the service is quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining ExperienceJohnDDined on 7/31/2014We sat outside and ordered a flight of wine and several small plates. The food was excellent and service was great. We will go back again. It's a great find for a wonderful meal of excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 320 reviews are from the Underdog Wine Bar & Lounge reviews archive.
- Love it!sipandnibbleDined on 7/26/2014The food has always been great! The two things that keep bringing me back is the food and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Bar in a Lovely settingAnyaKDined on 7/20/2014We came here for a pre-theater dinner. Enjoyed two flights of excellent wine with salad, cheese, and small plates. I ordered the tuna sliders, which was just a really good tuna sandwich, while my husband had the leg of lamb - which was on the small side, but he said was quite delicious. The cheeses were fresh and went really well with our flights. We ordered the Interesting Reds and Interesting Whites and were not disappointed. We sat indoors (our outdoor seats were given up since we were 30 min late to our reservation, which was fair), but inside was very quiet and cozy and the service was great. Overall, I would recommend the place as an excellent bar for lunch/brunch/dinner, especially if you're out on wine tasting tour.Special Features:
- A great start to a great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014My friends and I dined at the Underdog last Thursday night before seeing "Pride and Prejudice". It was a wonderful way to start our evening. The food, wine and setting were lovely. I will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood favoriteruthchrisfanDined on 7/15/2014Comfy seating outside with ceiling fans, music and a patio style feel in a park-like setting. Wait staff is very attentive. This is a great place for outdoor lunch.Special Features:
- DisappointingvillagevillaDined on 7/12/2014A bit disappointing - the lamb was very dry and the veggies crisp, pulled pork sliders were dry (needed some kind of BBQ sauce) and tuna sliders were dry without much taste (again needed something) - the gnudi and wine were good. Needed more servers as the ones there seemed frazzled. Also music was so loud no one could talk.
- Delicious mealOaktownMommaDined on 7/10/2014The dinner at Underdog was perfect on the temperate patio just before seeing "Pride & Prejudice". When we first looked at the menu, we thought, "one of each". The cheese plate w/prociutto, leg of lamb, and mixed salad were wonderful. The ricotta gnudi were disappointing and doughy. Keep in mind, they really are small plates - so two of us shared four items. With a glass of wine the bill was around $75. We'd definitely come here again before a show.Special Features:
- Lunch at UnderdogMontana16Dined on 7/2/2014Food was great. Service was outstanding. Vonnie was outstanding..................................................................................Special Features:
- Going downOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014We were disappointed at how limited the menu has become. What we had was very good but I don't know that we will go again. The service was terrible. The waitress was absent from the table and, for a restaurant at a winery, you would think that the server would ask if we wanted a second glass of wine. And why wasn't the winery's wine more prominent on the menu? Trouble in paradise? Notably down hill from last year. Sorry to see Livermore Shakes leaving Concannon. Don't know that we will have a reason to go again.Special Features:
- Underdog Wine Bar and LoungeAnutzaDined on 6/22/2014Very pleasant place always. Vibrant atmosphere, good food that pairs well with the wines. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful afternoon!GirlsNightOUtVIPDined on 6/22/2014A group of 4 women met up here for a leisurely afternoon of chatting, drinking and eating. It was perfect! A rare spot where you can sit for hours and never feel hurried. I will absolutely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceFoodie4YouVIPDined on 6/6/2014The staff is very knowledgable about the food they serve and good food wine pairing information as well. The back lawn is beautiful and overlooks the vineyard and it is beautiful and cheerful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The little engine that could...ROJAVIPDined on 5/23/2014So much potential. Such a beautiful scene. The food and service always disappoint. Someday this place will be great with the right owner/chef.
- Friday evening patio dinnerlivermorelocalDined on 5/16/2014My girlfriend and I tried the Underdog for a drink and dinner after the work week. It was nestled behind a winery. The hostess was less than friendly. There was a surprise of music on the patio so we sat out there. The weather and view of vineyard country were very pleasant. The band was (sadly) boring. The Corozon drink was delicious. The Tuna Sliders and Lamb small plates were edible but not tasty. The desserts of lemon marenge pie bites and pecan truffles were very different from each other and pretty good. The servers were friendly and enthusiastic. I would go back and order the same drink and some different food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Underdog was outstanding; OpenTable leaves a lot to be desired--e.g., complete and accurate confirmation. OpenTable would not accept my eMail queries. I finally had to drive out to Concannon to make certain that our specific requests had been confirmed. After that, Underdog [at Concannon] was extremely helpful, even calling me to ask if we wanted to change to indoors in the face of weather prediction. I haven't figured out why Concannon even needs a third party reservation system to begin with. OpenTable was completely ineffective, and served only to complicate the experience.
- Anniversary night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Great food and wine experience. The only potential problem was their system did not have the reservation noted. Luckily for us it was not busy the night we went and we got a table for 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good wine not great foodKatesDined on 3/24/2014The wine selection is fun but don't come here hungry. It's not a lunch spot for sure. They have small/tiny expensive plates just as a little food to go with the wine.Special Features:
- Noticed that the menu changed.BeforTutuDined on 3/8/2014Noticed that the menu changed.Before the menu was geared for people to share and was more user friendly,now it's geared to the individual and not easily shared.Items are too exotic and require. Utensil use!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy St. Patrick's DayHerbieDined on 3/7/2014The service was a little spotty, but we were treated with dignity and respect. I would have preferred live music but the mood was satisfactory.Special Features:
- Most RomanticjoeycarboneDined on 3/7/2014This place was beautiful sitting outside and the view was awesome. Plan on going back many times in the very near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.