Under The Moon Cafe
210 Farnsworth Ave.
Bordentown, NJ 08505Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Under The Moon Cafe
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://underthemooncafe.com/
- Phone: 6092918301x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Spanish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: Catering options are available upon request.
- Entertainment: Local Artists
A word from Under The Moon Cafe
Under the Moon Cafe was the founding vision of mother and son, Estela and Santiago Orosco. Their concept is a simple one: create a warm and welcoming atmosphere and offer quality, home cooked meals to new and old friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Under The Moon Cafe - Best Restaurants in Bordentown ›
Under The Moon Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (34)special occasion (23)romantic (22)great for lunch (19)good for groups (13)great for brunch (7)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Funky Atosphere, Delicious FoodseniordinerDined on 10/21/2014Loved the funky, clever way the restaurant is decorated; tables and chairs, linens and flatware, dishes and glasses are all individual and unique. This is a fun place. The menu is interesting, with small portions available to try at reasonable cost. The food is outstanding. I loved the risotto of the day which featured fresh vegetables. Also loved the desserts available! Only one thing to improve...water for tea should be boiling hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good butPetesDined on 10/18/2014Ordered a 16oz rib but got a 12 oz rib eye very good apps nice serversSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique dinning experienceJamesKDined on 10/16/2014First time at this place and I was very impressed with the staff and the food. each dish seemed to be made with great careSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findfoodieloverDined on 10/12/2014First time visiting Bordentown & a great find in restaurant. So creative in both food & atmosphere. Nice selection & diversified menu. Something available for everyone. Service was superb! Such an adorable place to dine with such a great flair for design & fantastic food. The pumkin risotto was a real winner!Special Features:
- First time, not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/12/2014First time at the restaurant this past Sunday. Service was very slow and food was over cooked. Our server was friendly, but had too many tables to wait on and was also the hostess. The busboy serving water and food was not pleasant or helpful. He actually tried to push past my grandmother who was using a cane as we departed the restaurant. Great eclectic and interesting décor. Should be a neighborhood gem, just not my experience.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, good foodJohannaDined on 9/30/2014We love the interior and the atmosphere - very cozy! Great for Sunday brunch but also for a special dinner with friends or your spouse. The food is rather rich, and they always have something special and interesting on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor choice. Not worth a try.BucksLadyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Decor is overly eclectic. Our waitress was pleasant but servers and bus people extremely unprofessional. B and I shared the arugula salad which was good. R said his split pea soup was good. I had the frutta di mare in a lemon butter sauce over linguine. The mussels were large and chewy; the scallops were hard, the shrimp just ok. The linguine and sauce was tasty. R had special veal stuffed pepper over ravioli He said ravioli very doughy. D had special scallops and pasta with a sun dried tomato cream sauce. He said the flavor was good but the scallops were over cooked and hard. B had pumpkin ravioli which was good. I can never understand (in any restaurant) why staff is allowed to clear plates when some of the guests are still eating.
- Fabulous Find!MAL4CherryHillVIPDined on 9/27/2014It was our first time here and everything about this great restaurant exceeded our expectations! The eclectic atmosphere, the food and service were exceptional! We felt like we were in Manhatten! Can't wait to go back and take some friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday LunchwineanddineVIPDined on 9/20/2014Very nice dining on 3 of there small plates. I always enjoy their Caeaer salad with a couple of other combinations.Special Features:
- Quiet and BeautifulamyfemDined on 8/30/2014Under the Moon lives up to it's name - romantic and unusual. The eclectic vintage decor gives the place so much character, and it's menu is diverse enough to give options, but small enough to be sure the quality is spot on (there was also a great selection of specials). I went with my fiancé and 10 old daughter and we had a wonderful time. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice little findtom1234Dined on 8/29/2014Great little eclectic restaurant on the main street in Bordentown City. Food seemed thoughtfully put together. Nice tapas menu. I would go back.Special Features:
- Eclectic and DelishNancyKDined on 8/23/2014When you walk into Under the Moon, you always receive a friendly greeting. The restaurant is very comfortable and so cool. Everything is purposely mismatched and has a cool vibe. When you check out the seasonal menu, it is so difficult to choose your meal.... each item looks more yummy than the next. The servers are very attentive (but not too much) and are so personable. Portions are very generous so plan to enjoy the meal again with leftovers. It's a great place to go. If you are a chocolate lover, the chocolate mousse is second to none. I get it each year on my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/3/2014I love the décor at Under the Moon. It's all vintage and eclectic. I was served on a plate that was same pattern of dishes my mother owned in the 50's. The food is interesting and delicious. The menu varies with the seasons. Our waitress was helpful and available when needed. She seemed happy with her job. I have been there before and always leave feeling happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than pleasant diningTraveler60Dined on 8/2/2014Six of us had dinner at Under the Moon being seated at a table with a music speaker directly behind us at ear level. The music was so loud that we asked three different staff if it could be turned down. When there was no change, we easily removed a wire to the speaker. The manager then appeared and angrily told us that we had just turned off the music to half of the restaurant and we should have asked to have it turned down. When we explained that we had multiple times, he simply walked away. Although the crab cakes were very good, the steak and meatloaf were not. The meal ended with a waiter dropping two cappuccinos on several members of our party. The manager did not charge for the five cappuccinos. We won't return.
- Worth the Price!we3ernesDined on 8/2/2014We went to Under the Moon on a recommendation of a friend. I saw the menu prices online and thought they were on the higher end of the range but decided to go for it anyway. I was very pleased with everything about this restaurant - the food quality and freshness, the atmosphere (kitschy), and the waitstaff (excellent). Everyone had a great time (12 year old up to 71). Just wish there was more parking nearby!Special Features:
- TapaswineanddineVIPDined on 7/28/2014Very good selection of food for a light dinner; the beef empanadas gets better on every visit. That and a Caesar salad and the patatas bravas actually made a great diner that wasn't all the light, after all. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun experienceSawyer23Dined on 7/25/2014We knew before going to the restaurant we were going to order a variety of appetizers rather than dinner. The appetizers looked so appealing we wouldn't have been able to choose one or two so that helped make our decision. Good choice. The stuffed shrimp, goat cheese, acorn squash and corn brûlée were delicious! The per de resistance was the warmed fudge brownie with home made whipped cream! The only negative is the lack of air conditioning. We will go back but not on a hot night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Floridians Enjoy Local Farecoastergirl0928Dined on 7/25/2014We brought our out of town family to our favorite restaurant to enjoy dinner. It was the usual, wonderful food and service. Our family loved it and they raved about there entrees and the unique ambience of our local Bordentown city gem!Special Features:
- Just ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014Food didnt taste fresh, potatoes had weird processed flavor and texture, desserts looked like they were sitting for days.
- a great find in Bordentown!MelisaDined on 7/13/2014Such a welcoming BYOB... in terms of atmosphere and hospitality. Enticing and delicious menu. They even made special dishes for the kids! Absolutely loved our meal and plan to return again. Patronize this restaurant, it is a hidden gem!
- Over the Moon for Under the Moon!coastergirl0928Dined on 7/12/2014I went to the local farm market last week and Under the Moon had a table! So excited to see the owner there with a fresh marinara sauce in Mason jars, I had to purchase one! My husband tasted it and was, well over the moon! We made reservations for another great night! Not expecting to have sushi, I can tell you this little neighborhood gem has everything! The ahi tuna over seaweed salad was done to perfection as was the sirloin steak my husband enjoyed. No leftovers on our plates, and we couldn't eat another bite, not even the awesome desserts they offered. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- The staff didn't match the restthinkingtwice1Dined on 7/6/2014Food was deldelicious, place was beautiful, staff. ..not so friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/2/2014This is a perfect lunch spot. Our party of 3 was in need of a leisurely "catching up" lunch and this turned out to be the perfect place. Our server was attentive but not intrusive and understood that we were in no hurry. The range of food was great for a group that all wanted something different (light lunch to dinner substitute). The meatloaf lunch entree was enough for two so there was a reprise of that meal at home the next day. It was delicious with unique touches including a hard boiled egg and bacon wrap. The other meals (large salads) were excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 122 reviews are from the Under The Moon Cafe reviews archive.
- Needs WorksherryDined on 6/22/2014While we had a pleasant brunch at UTM but their attention to detail is lacking. My poached eggs were barely warm and too well done, coffee was not refreshed regularly and the french toast bread pudding which four of us shared was as dense as a brick and much too large a piece for one serving. Atmosphere is really funky and there are some small tables on the sidewalk which are nice for two diners. We would return and hope it cleaned up the act a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies LunchTopsyDined on 6/18/2014With two old time friends, I enjoyed a wonderful lunch. The tapas menu is great!!Special Features:
- Under the MoonwineanddineVIPDined on 6/16/2014I've always found the food very good: a solid 4 stars! This BYO bistro is one of the best in Bordentown.Special Features:
- Don't judge a book by its covergourmetgaloreDined on 6/15/2014This was a nice surprise of a find. Stumbled on this place as we needed to find a place that wasn't too far from Hamilton, NJ. Ambience was very nice, décor was very vintage and allowed for many conversation starters, and food selection was very eclectic. Really had a good time here with my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2014Outstanding food, but disappointed in service. Very slow and missed the obvious at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Gem in the Citycoastergirl0928Dined on 6/7/2014From the eclectic decor and tableware to the tasty Argentinian menu, this place is charming and a wonderful find in Bordentown city! I couldn't find a thing I didn't like. Friendly and prompt service, delicious food, perfectly cooked and ambience of dining in a sweet and unusual flair - this is one place you don't want to miss!Special Features:
- Very EclecticKateDined on 6/1/2014Atmosphere, food and service was great! Loved looking at all the memorabilia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jet269Dined on 5/17/2014A very diverse menu with plenty of options, somewhat centered around the owners South American heritage. Set in an eclectic decor that is not your usual boring restaurant furnishings. The food was spot on and presentation was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014Service and atmosphere was great. The food was average though which was a shame as it was a great spot. All of the food was very bland. The Cuban sandwich was very dried out. Desserts though were tasty it was the best part of the meal.
- DesertheartDined on 5/10/2014Had dinner, went for a walk and came back for the desert. It was worth returning for!Special Features:
- Cute and eclecticVegloverDined on 5/6/2014We had a marvelous dinner..loved the eclectic decor! The menu had so many wonderful choices and our meal was superb! Lots of vegetarian selections too...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican NightwineanddineVIPDined on 5/6/2014I think that adding some Mexican selections to the mid-week menu is an excellent idea. The house-made, nacho starter and the fish (cod) tacos were both very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/4/2014Warm and Charming Decor and Atmosphere but low lighting; Wait Staff very attentive and helpful. Tapas were tasty though portions small, just right for a single person appetizer or for a late afternoon snack; Entrees were tasty and satisfying; Desserts were nicely presented and difficult to resist. BYOB; I would return to dine at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Delicious foodMarkcDined on 5/3/2014Our dishes, the Salmon and Vodka Rigatoni were notably tasty. The spinach salad with pears and walnuts was almost perfect. They should remove the stems from the spinach leaves. Whatever dressing they used fit the salad. Their desserts were out of this world. Service was great, but our table for two was a bit cramped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love under the moon!Chrissyv36Dined on 4/30/2014From the food to the comfort and setting to the service this place is outstanding! Our waiter zach was so nice and very accommodating. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendswatagavoneDined on 4/26/2014Early night out with friends - tasty appetizers, delicious dinner, and spectacular desserts. Great place for unique specials and consistently good regular menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in Small TownMoseyDined on 4/22/2014You can not go wrong at Under the Moon. Soup was awesome as well other dishes. Staff was Very attentive. Wish I had ro for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.