Uncle Yu's - Livermore
39 S. Livermore Avenue
Livermore, CA 94550Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Uncle Yu's - Livermore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.uncleyuatthevineyard.com/
- Phone: 9254497000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: John Phung
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Uncle Yu's offers catering to parties of all sizes and for all occasions. Whether you need a luncheon catered at your office or a wedding catered at your home or a local winery, we guarantee a successful event and memorable event.
- Private Party Facilities: Uncle Yu's Harvest room can accommodate your special event needs for holiday parties, special celebrations, cocktail parties, corporate events or rehearsal dinners. Uncle Yu's has a private room that can host private parties for up to 55 guests. The room can be used privately or semi-privately depending upon your needs, party size and budget. We customize menus and offer wine-pairing for the perfect marriage of food and wine for your special event. We promise a memorable event that doesn't break the bank! Weather permitting we also have a lovely outdoor patio which can be used for special event dining for parties of up to 100.
- Private Party Contact: William Molander 9254497000
- Special Events: Join us for a special Valentine’s Day Dinner. Instead of our regular menu, we will be offering a special 3 course and 4 course menu starting at only $35.00! Please call us for additional information and reservations. 925-449-7000
A word from Uncle Yu's - Livermore
Winner of Diablo's Best of the East Bay Award, Uncle Yu's delivers Asian cuisine with a twist. Innovative Asian cuisine enhanced with quality ingredients, paired with a Wine Spectator Award winning wine list, striking atmosphere and engaging service create the perfect dining experience. Whether you desire a quick bite, a fantastic glass of wine, a meal with the family or a sommelier's wine paired dinner, Uncle Yu's delivers! In addition to our dining room, we have a lively lounge and bar, a beautiful outdoor patio and a private room for special occasions and holiday parties. We also offer take out, delivery and off-site catering. Please join us and experience for yourself the pleasures of dining where east meets west and fine wines are playfully paired with the flavors of the Orient.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Uncle Yu's - Livermore - Best Restaurants in Livermore ›
Uncle Yu's - Livermore reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (56)neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (42)special occasion (42)great for outdoor dining (41)great for lunch (39)romantic (20)kid-friendly (19)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (10)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- Loved it! Again!IhvreservationsDined on 8/21/2014We go to Uncle Yu's 2 to 3x a Year as we live about 40 mins away. The last few times were not as good as the food and service were not as good as years past (we have been going there for 7-8 years). But we were there Thursday nite and Everything was wonderful !! Our waiter was excellent and our favorite entree was a prepared perfectly!! We Love the aged orange peel Beef and ask for it extra crispy. it was exquisite!! Even the manager on duty was so great, we will, I'm sure be back again and again!!Special Features:
- Superb!BanditoDined on 8/20/2014Top notch service, delicious food, fabulous cocktails, comprehensive wine list (and staff that know the wines and can make excellent recommendations) and a superb night out. As usual Uncle Yu's doesn't disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gluten Free Chinese FoodMrsb5277Dined on 8/17/2014If you have Celiacs and have longed for Chinese food Uncle Yu's is the place for you. The food is served family style so gather up your other celiac buddies and go enjoy be sure to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what used to beclasicarbuffDined on 8/12/2014I have eaten at Uncle Yu's When first opened and it was superb, but now just OK.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/8/2014We had out of town relatives visiting, and we wanted a great spot for dinner downtown for a group of 6 (including two children). Uncle Yu's turned out to be the perfect spot. Great food, great ambiance, and our server - Clarissa (sp?) - was truly the highlight of our dining experience. She provided great insight not only for our wine selections, but also proved to be an expert on the menu, and made the kids particularly special. We will definitely go back and hope to again be seated in her area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sea BassRC64VIPDined on 8/3/2014This is one of our favorite spots and you must try the BBQ Sea Bass. It is the best you will ever have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dinner!BrooklynBabeVIPDined on 8/1/2014On this visit, my husband and I had dinner at Uncle Yu's. The food was delicious. Always a pleasure and we look forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014I highly recommend this restaurant, food is just awesome to say the least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Lunch SpotBrooklynBabeVIPDined on 7/23/2014I meet, typically on a monthly basis, with a group of former colleagues. We always enjoy the food, service, and overall good "vibe" of Uncle Yu's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great DInner with FriendsBrooklynBabeVIPDined on 7/16/2014Uncle Yu's is always a favorite for lunch or dinner with friends and family. We had an excellent dinner, and it was wonderful to see Miss Jennifer, who is also so warm and friendly. The servers also come over to say hello, even if they are not assigned to our table. This always make me feel liked a valued customer and is greatly appreciated. I'll be back next week for lunch with another group of friends. Looking forward to it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winning restaurantcrazycanuckDined on 7/13/2014My wife and I have been to Unclu Yu's several times and have never been disappointed. The lighting in the restaurant is muted, which sets the mood right for a culinary experience. The food is outstanding and the service from beginning to end is excellent, never intrusive. I don't know how they do it but our food order (shanghai noodles and beef/brocolli) appeared on our table 5 minutes or so after we had ordered. Prices are higher than "regular" chinese restaurants but they are reasonable given the high food quality. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great food / great serviceEmailvavaDined on 7/11/2014I have always had a great experience at uncle yus. Everything that I have tried there has been great. I always take out of town era here for a great meal and there wine selection is outstanding. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never have been disappointedJimWDined on 7/9/2014We took some out-of- town relatives to lunch for this visit. Both the service and food was outstanding - which is what we expect for this particular restaurant. They have never let us down.Special Features:
- Great food with eleganceLuvlindscoDined on 7/5/2014Good recvomendations from our waitress as well as the service. It made for an enjoyable birthday dinner. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy dinnermtb4evrDined on 7/3/2014We've been going to this restaurant for a long while. The atmosphere is great, relatively quiet, and somewhat low light on the inside. They have a nice outside dining area next which is next to the public fountain and makes a nice early evening experience. They have a huge wine list and the pot stickers are one of my favorites. I'd like to see the menu changed up a bit. My wife felt it was kind of all over the place. That said, the food is good and the staff has always been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong NightPenguinLuverVIPDined on 6/25/2014Still love this restaurant and we will return, but I hope it's a night when there aren't any large parties conducting events. We could hardly talk to each other due to the noise from the large party next to us having a bridal shower. They should have been in a private room. Screaming kids and the opening of gifts is not condusive to fine dining. Food and service were excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Asian food, unbelievable wineKiraDined on 6/24/2014Great Asian food and fine wine are usually not present at the same location - they are at Uncle Yu's. Nick, the sommelier, recommended two excellent wines that paired perfectly with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so specialalexgmDined on 6/22/2014When booking we mentioned it was our 46th anniversary. While dinner was very good, there was no dessert offered or even acknowledgement of our special occasion. We expected more from a restaurant of this caliber. We were very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousdvayderVIPDined on 6/21/2014Uncle Yu's is not cheap but so their food is delicious!!Special Features:
- Nice place to celebrateinconnueDined on 6/21/2014We had to squeeze a celebratory meal before recital. The wait staff were very efficient with our orders and deliveries. The food was wonderful, and beautifully prepared. Thanks for a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatConnieVIPDined on 6/17/2014Love the Livermore Uncle Yu's. The Shrimp with Walnuts is to die for.Special Features:
- ReviewDonaldDined on 6/16/2014My favorite is BBQ sea bass. My favorite is BBQ sea bass.Special Features:
- Always deliciousKatallackDined on 6/15/2014We love Uncle Yu's for small Mommy - kid lunches and big Father's Day dinners. They consistently offer great wine, solid service and delicious food. It's our go-to spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysTerryDined on 6/15/2014Uncle Yu's is my favorite restaurant in Livermore and the best Chinese restaurant I have ever been too. More impressive than the food is their constancy. The food and service is top notch every time. The owner has been there every time I have been which is probably a big help in that regard. Most of my visits have been during the day so I take advantage of the patio. It is next to the fountain downtown which makes it a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great Asian FusioncaliforniamarkDined on 6/14/2014Absolutely delicious creations - especially the seafood dishes. Amazing wine selection and totally un-Asian desert menu to round off a really fantastic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonnetDined on 6/14/2014Never disappointed with the food or service....excellent always!Special Features:
- New favorite!!!!Momof3VIPDined on 6/9/2014We had a large party (10) and we were given great service. Out drinks and appetizers came out quickly. Orang beef was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing. a must go!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/1/2014This place is amazing every time. The food is perfect, the service is spot on and the prices are good considering the quality. If you like good food and Chinese you have to visit. They even have an entire gluten free menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!PtonfoodieDined on 6/1/2014Delicious pan-asian food. Nice combinations of texture and taste. Huge, excellent wine list. Waiters able to advise on wine pairings. Definitely a return-to place!Special Features:
- Best Chinese food in Livermore areaElkArcherVIPDined on 5/28/2014We have met here many times and have never been disappointed. All of the dishes were very well prepared and delicious! Nothing comes close in the Livermore/Pleasanton area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again a great mealJimWDined on 5/20/2014As expected my wife and I had another great dinner at this restaurant. Everything we ordered met or exceeded or expectations. The service was very good as well. We were first seated near the bar where patrons were boisterously talking across the length of the it. We asked to be moved and were accommodated without issue. We ordered a rib appetizer to split, Szechwan Prawns, a Mandarin Orange Beef, rice, and tea. We also split their sorbet dessert. The tab including tax was $65. While we felt that $4 for a single pot of tea was a bit steep it does not seem to be totally out of line from other dining experiences that we have had. Other than this minor annoyance it was another great dinner at Uncle Yu's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with friendsJohnMartinVIPDined on 5/20/2014Enjoyed a delightful lunch with a dear friend. Love your lunch combo menu. The. Service was outstanding - a real credit to your restaurant!
- Salty and very small portionsLovetoeatoutVIPDined on 5/14/2014Most expensive Chinese Restaurant. Food portion is very small especially for a Chinese food and some food are extremely salty.Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchMeddyVIPDined on 5/11/2014Always hard to have a lunch or dinner on special occasion holidays, but Uncle Yu's didn't disappoint on Mother's Day!Special Features:
- Nice Upscale Asian Foodstarshooter18Dined on 5/6/2014The food was very good, great peeking duck and it a bit expensive at $32, but it will feed 3 people, so order it to share. All in all the prices are reasonable, a bit more that the average Asian restaurant, but the ambiance its much more upscale that your average Asian place, and they have a great drinks, a full bar, and a great wine list. We went for a special birthday dinner and they were very accommodating and used the candles I gave them ahead of time on the piece of cake that was brought out.Special Features:
- Yum...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/5/2014I've been wanting to try this restaurant since we moved here a year ago. I brought a friend and her mom here for a birthday lunch. The food was great and a real bargain with the lunch specials!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a really nice timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014I have eaten dinner here a handful of times now and am never disappointed !Special Features:
- A GemLodiwineDined on 5/2/2014Food choices were great. Friendly staff. Pear tart was the best of our three.Special Features:
- The following 437 reviews are from the Uncle Yu's - Livermore reviews archive.
- Great food and serviceNonicomDined on 4/12/2014I like to go here for special occasions. We all ordered the 5 course pri fix menu. Appetizers to the dinner items were wonderfully paired with the differsnt wine varietals. Our server was willing to swap out the fixed dessert menu for one of their other items. Any concerns are quickly addressed. Food portions were generous. I highly recommend their extensive wine list and the restaurant as a whole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our "GO TO" PlaceBrooklynBabeVIPDined on 4/11/2014We are a group of former colleagues from around the Bay Area who try and get together once a month for lunch. We meet at Uncle Yu's, as the food and service are always top-notch. The staff greets us warmly and we receive excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.