Uncle Yu's - Livermore
39 S. Livermore Avenue
Livermore, CA 94550Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Uncle Yu's - Livermore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.uncleyuatthevineyard.com/
- Phone: (925) 449-7000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: John Phung
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Uncle Yu's offers catering to parties of all sizes and for all occasions. Whether you need a luncheon catered at your office or a wedding catered at your home or a local winery, we guarantee a successful event and memorable event.
- Private Party Facilities: Uncle Yu's Harvest room can accommodate your special event needs for holiday parties, special celebrations, cocktail parties, corporate events or rehearsal dinners. Uncle Yu's has a private room that can host private parties for up to 55 guests. The room can be used privately or semi-privately depending upon your needs, party size and budget. We customize menus and offer wine-pairing for the perfect marriage of food and wine for your special event. We promise a memorable event that doesn't break the bank! Weather permitting we also have a lovely outdoor patio which can be used for special event dining for parties of up to 100.
- Private Party Contact: William Molander 9254497000
- Special Events: Join us for a special Valentine’s Day Dinner. Instead of our regular menu, we will be offering a special 3 course and 4 course menu starting at only $35.00! Please call us for additional information and reservations. 925-449-7000
A word from Uncle Yu's - Livermore
Winner of Diablo's Best of the East Bay Award, Uncle Yu's delivers Asian cuisine with a twist. Innovative Asian cuisine enhanced with quality ingredients, paired with a Wine Spectator Award winning wine list, striking atmosphere and engaging service create the perfect dining experience. Whether you desire a quick bite, a fantastic glass of wine, a meal with the family or a sommelier's wine paired dinner, Uncle Yu's delivers! In addition to our dining room, we have a lively lounge and bar, a beautiful outdoor patio and a private room for special occasions and holiday parties. We also offer take out, delivery and off-site catering. Please join us and experience for yourself the pleasures of dining where east meets west and fine wines are playfully paired with the flavors of the Orient.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Uncle Yu's - Livermore - Best Restaurants in Livermore ›
Uncle Yu's - Livermore reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (40)fit for foodies (35)special occasion (33)neighborhood gem (32)good for groups (29)great for outdoor dining (27)great for lunch (26)romantic (16)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (5)scenic view (5)great for brunch (4)Show More
- The Best Asian Fusion AnywhereADinerVIPDined on 11/19/2014Always amazing. Loved all the dishes. Want to try the eggplant next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- November 8Mom05112014Dined on 11/8/2014We have eaten at Uncle Yu's many times but mostly on Sunday. Saturday nights are very busy and the noise level was extremely high. The food is always delicious and although the place was packed the service was still very attentive. One of my favorite places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CookDined on 11/8/2014Great food but would not order the lobster again; have had better.Special Features:
- Really Good American Chinese foodFoodieChapVIPDined on 11/7/2014Especially good this time because the server noted that we needed to catch a movie and therefore had the food come out at the right time. I always like coming here when I want American Chinese food because the seasonings are amplified and the ingredients are fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncle Yu'sTerryDined on 10/28/2014I have been here often and love the place. It was my wife's Birthday so we decided to have dinner at Uncle Yu's. The best thing about this place is their consistency. The food and service was great as usual.Special Features:
- OpenTable weaknessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014After I made the online reservation for four diners, I learned that another would be joining our group. I tried to notify OpenTable to change the reservation with no success. We arrived at the restaurant a half hour early hoping that the change could be made then without too much trouble, but they were only able to seat us very near the bar in a long table rather than in a circle. Not handy for carrying on a conversation. I was very disappointed. They told me that there is a way to change the number of diners online, but I don't know it. I could not find on your website any way to add another diner.Special Features:
- Average Dining ExperienceOpenTableNewbeeDined on 10/4/2014This place was highly recommended by a person who enjoys excellent dining experiences, so I was happy to be able to try this restaurant. The restaurant décor is quite modern, upscale energetic and inviting. House wine selections are above average. Service was extremely fast, almost too fast which made me feel a bit rushed. Our waiter did not offer us a lot of chat or explanation time, however. The food was average, no better and no worse than most Asian food restaurants (and I have to sadly say I expected much better than what I am recently accustomed to eating in my rural town). Our seating was a but too close to the party next to us because I heard and was distracted by their entire conversation throughout dinner.Special Features:
- unstoppableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014Uncle Yu's has been the best restaurant in Livermore for a long time. It's Chinese-influenced, but really California cuisine. With way better wine than you'd ever expect from Chinese. Go early to get decent parking downtown, and then stay for a show at the 500-seat Bankhead Theater across the street ;-)Special Features:
- Delicious!!Gigi011Dined on 9/30/2014This restaurant was recommended by a neighbor. Oh my goodness, this was the best Chinese food I've had in years!!! I do not eat pork or seafood, but the General Tso's chicken was magnificent. FACTS: This is authentic Chinese food at it's best... tender and exquisitely spicy!! A word to the wise...DO NOT ask for extra spicy...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annieversary DinnerLesIsMoreDined on 9/28/2014This was the first time we'd been to Uncle Yu's in a few years and it was to celebrate our anniversary. The food and service were as great as we remembered. It's a great place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Uncle Yu's62goodfoodDined on 9/23/2014Service and food are great. Choice of indoor or outdoor dining. Prices are very reasonable. A Livermore gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncle Yu's at the VineyardOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Uncle Yu's is one my favorite Chinese restaurant in Livermore. I often make a reservation when our group has visitors. Although I prefer lunch as it is the most reasonably priced, the Tiger prawns with honey walnuts from the dinner menu are meaty and delicious.Special Features:
- Monthly Gathering/Always a Treat!BrooklynBabeVIPDined on 9/11/2014I meet with a group of former colleagues, usually once a month, at Uncle Yu's. We look forward to our monthly luncheons for both the friendship and the good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodVholaDined on 9/5/2014Consistently great food and cocktails. We love this place but our waitress was terrible. Maybe she's new, we always had great service starting with a very friendly receptionist. Hopefully she will get some training or next time we will request someone else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it! Again!IhvreservationsDined on 8/21/2014We go to Uncle Yu's 2 to 3x a Year as we live about 40 mins away. The last few times were not as good as the food and service were not as good as years past (we have been going there for 7-8 years). But we were there Thursday nite and Everything was wonderful !! Our waiter was excellent and our favorite entree was a prepared perfectly!! We Love the aged orange peel Beef and ask for it extra crispy. it was exquisite!! Even the manager on duty was so great, we will, I'm sure be back again and again!!Special Features:
- Superb!BanditoDined on 8/20/2014Top notch service, delicious food, fabulous cocktails, comprehensive wine list (and staff that know the wines and can make excellent recommendations) and a superb night out. As usual Uncle Yu's doesn't disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gluten Free Chinese FoodMrsb5277Dined on 8/17/2014If you have Celiacs and have longed for Chinese food Uncle Yu's is the place for you. The food is served family style so gather up your other celiac buddies and go enjoy be sure to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what used to beclasicarbuffDined on 8/12/2014I have eaten at Uncle Yu's When first opened and it was superb, but now just OK.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/8/2014We had out of town relatives visiting, and we wanted a great spot for dinner downtown for a group of 6 (including two children). Uncle Yu's turned out to be the perfect spot. Great food, great ambiance, and our server - Clarissa (sp?) - was truly the highlight of our dining experience. She provided great insight not only for our wine selections, but also proved to be an expert on the menu, and made the kids particularly special. We will definitely go back and hope to again be seated in her area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sea BassRC64VIPDined on 8/3/2014This is one of our favorite spots and you must try the BBQ Sea Bass. It is the best you will ever have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dinner!BrooklynBabeVIPDined on 8/1/2014On this visit, my husband and I had dinner at Uncle Yu's. The food was delicious. Always a pleasure and we look forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 468 reviews are from the Uncle Yu's - Livermore reviews archive.
- Just great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014I highly recommend this restaurant, food is just awesome to say the least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Lunch SpotBrooklynBabeVIPDined on 7/23/2014I meet, typically on a monthly basis, with a group of former colleagues. We always enjoy the food, service, and overall good "vibe" of Uncle Yu's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great DInner with FriendsBrooklynBabeVIPDined on 7/16/2014Uncle Yu's is always a favorite for lunch or dinner with friends and family. We had an excellent dinner, and it was wonderful to see Miss Jennifer, who is also so warm and friendly. The servers also come over to say hello, even if they are not assigned to our table. This always make me feel liked a valued customer and is greatly appreciated. I'll be back next week for lunch with another group of friends. Looking forward to it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winning restaurantcrazycanuckDined on 7/13/2014My wife and I have been to Unclu Yu's several times and have never been disappointed. The lighting in the restaurant is muted, which sets the mood right for a culinary experience. The food is outstanding and the service from beginning to end is excellent, never intrusive. I don't know how they do it but our food order (shanghai noodles and beef/brocolli) appeared on our table 5 minutes or so after we had ordered. Prices are higher than "regular" chinese restaurants but they are reasonable given the high food quality. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great food / great serviceEmailvavaDined on 7/11/2014I have always had a great experience at uncle yus. Everything that I have tried there has been great. I always take out of town era here for a great meal and there wine selection is outstanding. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never have been disappointedJimWDined on 7/9/2014We took some out-of- town relatives to lunch for this visit. Both the service and food was outstanding - which is what we expect for this particular restaurant. They have never let us down.Special Features:
- Great food with eleganceLuvlindscoDined on 7/5/2014Good recvomendations from our waitress as well as the service. It made for an enjoyable birthday dinner. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy dinnermtb4evrDined on 7/3/2014We've been going to this restaurant for a long while. The atmosphere is great, relatively quiet, and somewhat low light on the inside. They have a nice outside dining area next which is next to the public fountain and makes a nice early evening experience. They have a huge wine list and the pot stickers are one of my favorites. I'd like to see the menu changed up a bit. My wife felt it was kind of all over the place. That said, the food is good and the staff has always been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong NightPenguinLuverVIPDined on 6/25/2014Still love this restaurant and we will return, but I hope it's a night when there aren't any large parties conducting events. We could hardly talk to each other due to the noise from the large party next to us having a bridal shower. They should have been in a private room. Screaming kids and the opening of gifts is not condusive to fine dining. Food and service were excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Asian food, unbelievable wineKiraDined on 6/24/2014Great Asian food and fine wine are usually not present at the same location - they are at Uncle Yu's. Nick, the sommelier, recommended two excellent wines that paired perfectly with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so specialalexgmDined on 6/22/2014When booking we mentioned it was our 46th anniversary. While dinner was very good, there was no dessert offered or even acknowledgement of our special occasion. We expected more from a restaurant of this caliber. We were very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousdvayderVIPDined on 6/21/2014Uncle Yu's is not cheap but so their food is delicious!!Special Features:
- Nice place to celebrateinconnueVIPDined on 6/21/2014We had to squeeze a celebratory meal before recital. The wait staff were very efficient with our orders and deliveries. The food was wonderful, and beautifully prepared. Thanks for a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatConnieVIPDined on 6/17/2014Love the Livermore Uncle Yu's. The Shrimp with Walnuts is to die for.Special Features:
- ReviewDonaldDined on 6/16/2014My favorite is BBQ sea bass. My favorite is BBQ sea bass.Special Features:
- Always deliciousKatallackDined on 6/15/2014We love Uncle Yu's for small Mommy - kid lunches and big Father's Day dinners. They consistently offer great wine, solid service and delicious food. It's our go-to spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysTerryDined on 6/15/2014Uncle Yu's is my favorite restaurant in Livermore and the best Chinese restaurant I have ever been too. More impressive than the food is their constancy. The food and service is top notch every time. The owner has been there every time I have been which is probably a big help in that regard. Most of my visits have been during the day so I take advantage of the patio. It is next to the fountain downtown which makes it a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great Asian FusioncaliforniamarkVIPDined on 6/14/2014Absolutely delicious creations - especially the seafood dishes. Amazing wine selection and totally un-Asian desert menu to round off a really fantastic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonnetDined on 6/14/2014Never disappointed with the food or service....excellent always!Special Features: