Uncle Nick's Greek Cuisine - Hell's Kitchen
747 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Uncle Nick's Greek Cuisine - Hell's Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://unclenicksgreekcuisine.us/
- Phone: (212) 245-7992
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Moday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Greek
- Executive Chef: Anthony Manatakis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Uncle Nick's is available to cater any of your private or corporate events. Please call us for more details.
- Cross Street: Between 50th & 51st
- Public Transit: Trains: C,E,1 trains @ 50th street N,R trains @ 49th street
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking available on the street after 7:00 pm Monday - Saturday. Sunday all day. Parking lots available on 50th street between 9th ave & 8th ave.
A word from Uncle Nick's Greek Cuisine - Hell's Kitchen
Looking for a fresh catch on the West Side? Discover Uncle Nick’s! He was one of the first in the 80's to bring fresh, moderately priced Greek food to Manhattan in family sized portions and has been there ever since. We're not fancy, we don't dim the lights and our dishes are made to eat not admire. But when you’re in the mood for a friendly, festive meal with lots of laughter, good spirits and generous portions of hearty Greek cooking, Uncle Nick's is the place for you. We're especially proud of our selection of dock fresh seafood, but if meats are your love, you won't find finer, more succulent dishes than ours. When you're in the mood to relax, your table is waiting, to Uncle Nick everyone is family and everyone gets the same warm welcome. When you’re in New York but your heart is in Greece, come join us at Uncle Nick's. It's a trip you won't soon forget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreek
Uncle Nick's Greek Cuisine - Hell's Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Uncle Nick's Greek Cuisine - Hell's Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (24)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (12)special occasion (7)notable wine list (5)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (4)romantic (3)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- greek diner food and atmospherenightoutDined on 11/19/2014nice folks greek diner food and atmosphere, greek diner food and atmosphere,greek diner food and atmosphere hace I done 50 yet nice folks greek diner food and atmosphere, greek diner food and atmosphere,greek diner food and atmosphere hace I done 50 yet nice folks greek diner food and atmosphere, greek diner food and atmosphere,greek diner food and atmosphere hace I done 50 yet nice folks greek diner food and atmosphere, greek diner food and atmosphere,greek diner food and atmosphere hace I done 50 yetI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fabulous priceSharieWDined on 11/15/2014This is a great Greek restaurant with a family, date of friends atmosphere. It's well-lit but not too bright. The noise level is low enough to have easy conversation. I can bring teen/tween daughters here for a family birthday dinner. It's casual with a comfortable, welcoming and somewhat festive atmosphere. The waiters were helpful with recommendations and the tables were large enough to be comfortable -- didn't feel squeezed in. Food was excellent. Moist tender meats, fabulous potatoes, great Greek variety. Would definitely come back and recommend to others. Kids were able to find something new that they liked. Adults had plenty of variety. Seemed very authentic. I would be that most of the people working there are of Greek descent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/14/2014I'm sure everyone knows, but the it can't be said enough: the food at Uncle Nick's is always fresh, flavorful, filling and all around outstanding. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly, past its prime.CarolDined on 11/7/2014Not the cheerful, bustling Uncle Nick's I remember from 15 years ago. The place was empty when we arrived for a late lunch, and I anticipated it would get busier as the dinner hour approached, but the restaurant remained nearly empty, and when we left at 5:00, only one other table was occupied. Although the items we eventually ordered seemed fresh and well-prepared, several of our first choices from the menu were unavailable. The neighborhood seems diminished, with so much development in the area, so maybe I'll give Uncle Nick's Chelsea a try before writing this old favorite off altogether.Special Features:
- Consistentluv2cookVIPDined on 10/30/2014When we want good, well priced Greek food we go to Nicks. The staff is always friendly and the food fresh. We really like the fresh grilled whole flounder.Special Features:
- PhyllisphyllisDined on 10/29/2014Excellent Greek Salad. Bargain prices for gyros and slovaki. Delicious appetizers, great fresh fish. Friendly wait staffSpecial Features:
- Authentic GreektahoesueDined on 10/21/2014This restaurant serves authentic Greek food that lives up to the taverna expectation. Stick to the Mezedakia and make a meal of it. Their Saganaki Tyri and kolikithakia is exceptional!Special Features:
- Worth a repeat visitVoorheesFoodFanVIPDined on 10/15/2014We are always looking for good, reasonable places in this neighborhood. We were headed to the theater and were glad to have a place where we could make a reservation. The menu is large and very diverse - something for everyone, wide range of small to large dishes, basic to 'specials.' We shared a large Greek salad which was delicious, served with hot grilled pita. My husband had grilled calamari, one of his favorite things, and absolutely loved it. Two of us had shrimp dishes - one grilled skewers and one in tomato/feta sauce. Both were good. One person had the lamb skewers and they were tasteless with tough, rubbery meat. That was the one disappointment. But there were a lot of options, and we will be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experienceGolfGalDined on 10/14/2014Uncle Nick's was a very pleasant first-time dining experience. Food was very tasty with generous portions. Service was friendly and efficient. Atmosphere was simple, but clean and nice enough. Perfect for early theater dining if you don't want to feel rushed or crushed! I would come back again and recommend to others.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/8/2014Always fantastic. Great service, great food at a great price. I've been here at least 6 times and every time I come back I wonder why I've waited so long!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2014Good for a quick dinner or lunch before theatre. The decor could use an facelift . A bit pricey for what it is.
- Another wonderful meal!MichelleGVIPDined on 9/27/2014Uncle Nick's is our go-to for Greek food in the city. Everything is always fresh and delicious! It is by far one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014My date and I went on a Saturday. It was very crowded. We had reservations, so we were seated right away. We sat for about 10 minutes before they took our drink orders then another 15 minutes before they took our food order. Another 15 minutes before the food came. The food was good. The portions were on the smallish side.
- Good GreekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Uncle Nicks has been on 9th avenue for years. The food is consistently good. The swordfish is always delicious and their whole fish, which changes depending on what's fresh is great.Special Features:
- great GreekmoishVIPDined on 9/15/2014Restaurant needs to update their ambiance, but the food is always top notch, even for a Monday nite, when the place was empty. had a limited assortment of fresh fish, but everything served was great, except the tomatoes with feta, the tomatoes were pink not red, this time of year red tomatoes are readily available, so no reason for pink.
- Love the placelocalfoodieDined on 9/10/2014The food is delicious, the wine also very good, and best of all you can hear each other. Service is quick. It's a terrific and reasonably priced place to hang out, eat and talk. We had a great time!Special Features:
- NocookingVIPDined on 9/10/2014Food and service were good. Good restaurant pre theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyDined on 9/7/2014we took our daughter here as her birthday gift. she was very happy with the environment, the food and the staff. a really nice place for a cocktail and friendly talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpafultonVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food here is very good. The whole grilled bronzino was superb. Fresh and grilled to perfection and the other Green specialities were outstanding including the shrimp and appys......Special Features:
- Great GreekroxyrDined on 8/30/2014We returned to Uncle Nick's on Saturday night. Our party was 3 including a "new comer". We had the cold appetizer platter for 2 which was more than enough for 3 or even 4 people - outstanding. We were going to order the soft shell crabs special but alas they were sold out. Instead we had 2 shrimp dishes and scallops. We finished with great desserts - the best backalava in the city, creme custard and backalava gelato. The food was outstanding and once the young children left (around 7:30pm) the restaurant noise level was conducive to table discussions. We will be back!!!Special Features:
- Great Greek!YYCDinerDined on 8/24/2014Place was recommended in Fodor's. Definitely worth the recommendation! Great food, reasonably priced, generous portions. Couldn't stop recommending it to my NYC friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater Night SpotTexlaw61Dined on 8/23/2014We go to Uncle Nick's whenever we have theater tickets. Great fresh fish and Greek dishes.Special Features:
- Good foodLovegoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014We always enjoy uncle nicks. The food is always good. I had the fish kabob, it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek FoodElGrecoDined on 8/18/2014Had an opportunity to revisit Uncle Nick's after being away for a while. Still wonderful Greek food with energetic staff. Don't miss it.Special Features:
- Great authentic delicious food yummLuvtoeatVIPDined on 8/16/2014I did like the other uncle nicks better! Great food but too busy! The service was a reush and everything came out at the same time! Yes food is as delicious as their other uncle nicks! The other uncle nicks has real Greek people cooking and serving like an old mom and pop restaurant! My husband had the red snapper and just loved it! Best grape leaves with squid appetizer! Close to all! Not far from Lincoln tunnel to get real good Greek good after dropping kids at a concert in metlife stadium! The seats are close together but that's expected in manhatten! Would go again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Greek food!!GreatGreekDined on 8/16/2014I was meeting a friend from LA and also had my neices in NYC for the first time and someone recommended Nicks. The outside of the restaurant threw me at first. However once we were in thr atmosphere food and service was excellent. Reasonably priced as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!MichelleGVIPDined on 8/16/2014We went here for my son's birthday this time and it was amazing. Food is always great and the service is awesome.Special Features:
- Can Always Count on Uncle Nick'sArl10019Dined on 8/1/2014Been there many many times. Portions plentiful, food consistently fresh, tasty, reasonably priced and staff always friendly.Special Features:
- Excellent GreekRightatforkDined on 7/27/2014Love this place. Don't come if you're in a rush, they don't rush you and don't rush them. Everything is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!MichelleGVIPDined on 7/27/2014Great food and great service as always! We'll always come back here for the best Greek food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 320 reviews are from the Uncle Nick's Greek Cuisine - Hell's Kitchen reviews archive.
- GREAT MEAL AT UNCLE NICKSJessieBDined on 7/24/2014Uncle Nicks is one of the best Greek restaurants in Manhattan, serving authentic food. Upon entering we were immediately seated and served beverages. Our waiter was very friendly and accommodating. I had the pastitsio and my companion ordered the lamb kabob. Both were well prepared. Their pastitsio is excellent and not drowned in tomato sauce like most Greek restaurants in the New York area. My companion lamb kabob was prepared as ordered. The deserts are very good and can serve two. Will return.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceAnnetteVIPDined on 7/20/2014Food was fabulous! Tzatziki sauce was best we ever had...homemade for sure! Best Gyro ever...super thin slices. Service excellent also! Doesn't look like much from the outside but don't let that fool you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UESGalVIPDined on 7/15/2014I must say the ambience was not what I expected, but the food and service did not disappoint. The grilled halibut was delicious, as were the accompanying vegetables and the country Greek salad. It's not upscale, the tables are too close together and it gets very noisy when the place fills up, but if you want a very good meal in a very casual, neighborhood setting, this is your place.Special Features:
- service?RafflesDined on 7/9/2014If the service was 1/2 as good as the food, Nick's would have rated a 5-star. Very crowded at lunch with one server - not a plaace to eat if time is an issueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greece in Hell's KitchenMascotDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I had the pleasure of visiting Uncle Nick's for the first time on 7/5. We had plans for a somewhat early dinner as we had theater tickets later that evening. We were immediately seated and greeted by our server, who was very friendly and attentive. We started off with Tomato and Feta Saganaki, which his oven-baked vine tomatoes covered with Feta cheese. Delicious! I must say that we won't be very helpful in our meal selection as we both selected the Spanakopita (Spinach Pie) which was accompanied by a small Greek salad and rice Pilaf. The helping sive was very generous, and the meal terrific. The menu is extensive but not expensive. If you are a fan of traditional Greek offerings, be sure to check them out. We'll visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/3/2014We've been coming for years and it's consistently good, authentic Greek food. Nothing fancy and pretty basic stuff but always good and fresh, and always delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS LOVE THIS PLACE!DanielleP143VIPDined on 7/1/2014The food is reliably DELISH and so reasonably priced!Special Features:
- Good GreekHelgDined on 6/29/2014A good fairly inexpensive restaurants in the theater district The swordfish kebab was delicious but a very small amount of fish in retrospect we should have ordered the swordfish steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Some great authentic Greek food that I'd find again next tone we are here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- irene27Dined on 6/28/2014If your theater is in the hi forties area, Uncle Nick's is perfect place. Fish is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.