Uncle Nick's Greek Cuisine - Hell's Kitchen
747 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Uncle Nick's Greek Cuisine - Hell's Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://unclenicksgreekcuisine.us/
- Phone: 2122457992
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Moday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Greek
- Executive Chef: Anthony Manatakis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Uncle Nick's is available to cater any of your private or corporate events. Please call us for more details.
- Cross Street: Between 50th & 51st
- Public Transit: Trains: C,E,1 trains @ 50th street N,R trains @ 49th street
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking available on the street after 7:00 pm Monday - Saturday. Sunday all day. Parking lots available on 50th street between 9th ave & 8th ave.
A word from Uncle Nick's Greek Cuisine - Hell's Kitchen
Looking for a fresh catch on the West Side? Discover Uncle Nick’s! He was one of the first in the 80's to bring fresh, moderately priced Greek food to Manhattan in family sized portions and has been there ever since. We're not fancy, we don't dim the lights and our dishes are made to eat not admire. But when you’re in the mood for a friendly, festive meal with lots of laughter, good spirits and generous portions of hearty Greek cooking, Uncle Nick's is the place for you. We're especially proud of our selection of dock fresh seafood, but if meats are your love, you won't find finer, more succulent dishes than ours. When you're in the mood to relax, your table is waiting, to Uncle Nick everyone is family and everyone gets the same warm welcome. When you’re in New York but your heart is in Greece, come join us at Uncle Nick's. It's a trip you won't soon forget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Uncle Nick's Greek Cuisine - Hell's Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (63)good for groups (35)fit for foodies (23)great for lunch (23)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (6)special occasion (6)notable wine list (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)romantic (2)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Greek!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Place was recommended in Fodor's. Definitely worth the recommendation! Great food, reasonably priced, generous portions. Couldn't stop recommending it to my NYC friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater Night SpotTexlaw61Dined on 8/23/2014We go to Uncle Nick's whenever we have theater tickets. Great fresh fish and Greek dishes.Special Features:
- Good foodLovegoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014We always enjoy uncle nicks. The food is always good. I had the fish kabob, it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek FoodElGrecoDined on 8/18/2014Had an opportunity to revisit Uncle Nick's after being away for a while. Still wonderful Greek food with energetic staff. Don't miss it.Special Features:
- Great authentic delicious food yummLuvtoeatVIPDined on 8/16/2014I did like the other uncle nicks better! Great food but too busy! The service was a reush and everything came out at the same time! Yes food is as delicious as their other uncle nicks! The other uncle nicks has real Greek people cooking and serving like an old mom and pop restaurant! My husband had the red snapper and just loved it! Best grape leaves with squid appetizer! Close to all! Not far from Lincoln tunnel to get real good Greek good after dropping kids at a concert in metlife stadium! The seats are close together but that's expected in manhatten! Would go again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Greek food!!GreatGreekDined on 8/16/2014I was meeting a friend from LA and also had my neices in NYC for the first time and someone recommended Nicks. The outside of the restaurant threw me at first. However once we were in thr atmosphere food and service was excellent. Reasonably priced as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!MichelleGVIPDined on 8/16/2014We went here for my son's birthday this time and it was amazing. Food is always great and the service is awesome.Special Features:
- Can Always Count on Uncle Nick'sArl10019Dined on 8/1/2014Been there many many times. Portions plentiful, food consistently fresh, tasty, reasonably priced and staff always friendly.Special Features:
- Excellent GreekRightatforkDined on 7/27/2014Love this place. Don't come if you're in a rush, they don't rush you and don't rush them. Everything is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!MichelleGVIPDined on 7/27/2014Great food and great service as always! We'll always come back here for the best Greek food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT MEAL AT UNCLE NICKSJessieBDined on 7/24/2014Uncle Nicks is one of the best Greek restaurants in Manhattan, serving authentic food. Upon entering we were immediately seated and served beverages. Our waiter was very friendly and accommodating. I had the pastitsio and my companion ordered the lamb kabob. Both were well prepared. Their pastitsio is excellent and not drowned in tomato sauce like most Greek restaurants in the New York area. My companion lamb kabob was prepared as ordered. The deserts are very good and can serve two. Will return.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014Food was fabulous! Tzatziki sauce was best we ever had...homemade for sure! Best Gyro ever...super thin slices. Service excellent also! Doesn't look like much from the outside but don't let that fool you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UESGalDined on 7/15/2014I must say the ambience was not what I expected, but the food and service did not disappoint. The grilled halibut was delicious, as were the accompanying vegetables and the country Greek salad. It's not upscale, the tables are too close together and it gets very noisy when the place fills up, but if you want a very good meal in a very casual, neighborhood setting, this is your place.Special Features:
- service?RafflesDined on 7/9/2014If the service was 1/2 as good as the food, Nick's would have rated a 5-star. Very crowded at lunch with one server - not a plaace to eat if time is an issueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greece in Hell's KitchenMascotDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I had the pleasure of visiting Uncle Nick's for the first time on 7/5. We had plans for a somewhat early dinner as we had theater tickets later that evening. We were immediately seated and greeted by our server, who was very friendly and attentive. We started off with Tomato and Feta Saganaki, which his oven-baked vine tomatoes covered with Feta cheese. Delicious! I must say that we won't be very helpful in our meal selection as we both selected the Spanakopita (Spinach Pie) which was accompanied by a small Greek salad and rice Pilaf. The helping sive was very generous, and the meal terrific. The menu is extensive but not expensive. If you are a fan of traditional Greek offerings, be sure to check them out. We'll visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/3/2014We've been coming for years and it's consistently good, authentic Greek food. Nothing fancy and pretty basic stuff but always good and fresh, and always delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS LOVE THIS PLACE!DanielleP143VIPDined on 7/1/2014The food is reliably DELISH and so reasonably priced!Special Features:
- Good GreekHelgDined on 6/29/2014A good fairly inexpensive restaurants in the theater district The swordfish kebab was delicious but a very small amount of fish in retrospect we should have ordered the swordfish steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Some great authentic Greek food that I'd find again next tone we are here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014If your theater is in the hi forties area, Uncle Nick's is perfect place. Fish is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ode to Grecian CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014Nick's is a true neighborhood gem--lots of regulars and tourists populate this urban find. We ordered the beef kabobs and a traditional greek salad. The kabobs were set upon a bed of rice and cooked to a perfect medium. The meat was tender and tasty, the rice was fluffy and the salad had just the right amount of veggies/dressing. Overall, we enjoyed our experience--it was the perfect meal before we headed off to our broadway show.Special Features:
- group lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2014Went for lunch with a group of 12. Had to wait for the table to be set up even though we had a reservation. Wait for appetizers was quite long but they were worth it. Everyone was pleased with the entrees as well. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live that fishEatoutalot19Dined on 6/24/2014Ordered a halibut and a shrimp dish. Both were tasty and well prepared. Vegetables were a but salty for our tasteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantdeedee123VIPDined on 6/22/2014this restaurant had excellent service, friendly staff and wonderful food. would recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- Husband loves thisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014We took husband here for belated father'd day as he loves whole grilled fish. I found the waitress perfect-- helpful and not hovering. The salad was meh...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before Broadway Show ClassicLuv2travelmundoDined on 6/18/2014This is my second time dining at Uncle Nick's. We thought it was an appropiate place to eat before "Mamma Mia". The food is very good an abundant. The service is prompt and attentive. Restaurant is small and crowded, but this only seems to make the atmosphere more authentic. Will definitely go back and recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the Flaming cheese!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014All the food is great and this is particularly awesome.Special Features:
- Wonderful!NYCfoodieDined on 6/14/2014If you like GREAT Greek food, in particular fresh fish cooked to order ... this is the place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/14/2014Great for a pre-theatre meal. Not rushed, but very efficient. Good service. Our waitress knew when to check in but never hovered; she was too busy bringing the food. Don't miss the flaming cheese! Everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Good Greek foodBeachcomberVIPDined on 6/2/2014Authentically prepared, nice selection of Greek food and wine. Reasonably priced options are available.I would recommend this to a friend.
- moishVIPDined on 6/2/2014Food was great at very fair prices, fish was huge and grilled to perfection, apps were wonderful as was service. just need to spruce the place up a bit, otherwise greatI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, ambiance -- not so muchRonamarkDined on 6/1/2014We went to uncle nick's after the THeater on a Sunday afternoon. The service was excellent. The waiter was friendly and knowledgeable. The food was good and plentiful. The food was presented in an attractive manner. The ambiance was not attractive at all. The first hundred or so feet was shared by a stainless counterand the kitchen and tables for as many as six people . Next to the tables was an attractive exposed brick wall. In the rear of the space was a squarish room with tables. This is not a white tablecloth restaurant. That said , this is good for a casual meal; not for leisurely dining.Special Features:
- Reliably deliciousSnoozyQzeeDined on 5/30/2014I went with family to celebrate my birthday because of the vibrant atmosphere and always delicious and fresh food. Easy to fill up on the appetizers, just make sure you save room for the desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious greek food -basic settingEdEatsDined on 5/30/2014Every dish was delicious. We had flaming cheese (fun to see and sooo tasty as well), grilled octopus (soft and perfectly moist), Greek salad (just like you imagine it should be), and the normal Mousaka (just amazing mouth-watering comfort food). We enjoyed a great Malbec with the meal, which was served promptly. Service was friendly as well.Special Features:
- Theater area favRandPVIPDined on 5/29/2014Good Greek favorites, done well. Big portions mean sharing is possible, especially before a midtown show. Very good service, attentive & accomodating to family needs. Nice wine list choices too! We enjoyed the sardines & moussaka (missed out on soft shell crabs- next visit!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susanoherDined on 5/29/2014It was fine - nothing great, convenient to the theater.
- Great GreekroxyrDined on 5/25/2014We went to Uncle Nick's for a pre matinee lunch - 3 people in our party. The food was delicious and reasonable for NYC. We started with the fried zucchini appetizer. Two of us had the soft shell crabs and the other person had the bifeteki. All enjoyed the meal. For desert we shared the bakalav and the rice pudding - they were fabulous. We definitely will go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Prepared DishesTedMVIPDined on 5/24/2014I had the Grilled Red Snapper - it was delectable.Special Features:
- VERY GOOD, CASUAL GREEK RESTAURANTlilypondlaneDined on 5/23/2014The food is always very good. Seating is a little tight. It's a casual, reasonably priced place that we go back to often. A dinnertime fave.Special Features:
- Showstopping appetizershowieVIPDined on 5/22/2014Virtually every one is especially delicious and well-prepared. Don't miss the flaming cheese dish.