Uncle Nick's Greek Cuisine - Chelsea
382 8th Avenue
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Uncle Nick's Greek Cuisine - Chelsea
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://unclenicksgreekcuisine.us/
- Phone: 2126090500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Greek
- Executive Chef: Anthony Manatakis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Uncle Nick's is available to cater any of your private or corporate events. Please call us for more details.
- Cross Street: Corner 29th Street
- Public Transit: Trains A & E @ Penn station # 1 @ 28th & 7th ave
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered parking available til 7:00pm on 8th ave. Free parking after 7:00pm. Parking lots available on 29th street between 7th & 8th ave and right next mto the restaurant on 8th ave.
A word from Uncle Nick's Greek Cuisine - Chelsea
Looking for a fresh catch on the West Side? Discover Uncle Nick’s! He was one of the first in the 80's to bring fresh, moderately priced Greek food to Manhattan in family sized portions and has been there ever since. We're not fancy, we don't dim the lights and our dishes are made to eat not admire. But when you’re in the mood for a friendly, festive meal with lots of laughter, good spirits and generous portions of hearty Greek cooking, Uncle Nick's is the place for you. We're especially proud of our selection of dock fresh seafood, but if meats are your love, you won't find finer, more succulent dishes than ours. When you're in the mood to relax, your table is waiting. To Uncle Nick everyone is family and everyone gets the same warm welcome. When you’re in New York but your heart is in Greece, come join us at Uncle Nick's. It's a trip you won't soon forget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Uncle Nick's Greek Cuisine - Chelsea reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (14)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (6)special occasion (5)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Great first meal in New YorkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We had a great meal here on our first night in New York. The food was lovely - we had a verty tasty and filling Mousaka which was authentic and we did not need anything else due to the generous portion size. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I would certainly recommend Uncle Nick's to anyone wanting great food at very reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Do the basics wellSouthwesternVacationerVIPDined on 8/7/2014Standard Greek food done well. No complaints as the dinner for 4 went smoothly from the start to the finish. Our reservation was hoonored even though we arrived a few minutes late due to midtown traffic. Service was fine; food was well prepared and served hot. Just nothing stood out as exceptional. If you're in need of a restaurant prior to an event at Madison Square Garden you should consider dining with Uncle Nick.
- authentic greek foodnat616Dined on 7/31/2014I've been to the other location and loved it so I decided to try this one. The food is authentic and delicious, and although the staff were all friendly, I wish they were more attentive to the tables and provided quicker service (especially since the restaurant was not packed around 8pm on Thursday night).Special Features:
- Nice Lunch SpotmaryoDined on 7/25/2014Met a friend for lunch and was seated promptly. They have a large menu with a number of added specials. I had a lamb platter which was decent, except the lamb was a little over-done for my liking and not very tender. My friend had grilled octopus, which really was charred, with a vegetable platter which she enjoyed. Overall, food was decent, service was good, and it is a nice spot for a bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nick'sjlh1234Dined on 7/19/2014Great for dinner before a show at the Garden. Staff were nice but a bit too slow for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014AWFUL! Poor service. Rude/unattentive servers. Mediocre food. WILL NEVER GO BACK
- Great food - restaurant was too hotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014They said the air conditioning was on - but it didn't feel like it at all. It was so hot - we finally had to leave our table early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly good foodIbirdDined on 7/2/2014Unfortunately there must have been something wrong with their air-condtioning--was hot and muggy inside!!!Special Features:
- RobbieVIPDined on 7/2/2014My two friends and I went to Uncle Nick's before a concert at MSG. The ambiance is like a coffee shop and the sound so loud you can barely hear yourself think. It was so hot that night, we were sweating and there was barely a breath of air in the restaurant. We ordered a Greek salad for the table. The cucumbers were brown but we ate whatever we could as we could not find the waiter. Afterward, I had a swordfish kebob which was delicious. My two other friends had a shrimp kebob and the other halibut which were both good. The service was poor and the water glasses were never refilled. I would not return to this restaurant.
- Excellent food but hotjparteachDined on 7/2/2014We were seated immediately when we arrived which was wonderful. The staff was helpful and very friendly. The food was excellent. My only complaint was that it was an extremely hot day (and it was pouring outside) and the a/c did not seem to be working too well.Special Features:
- AmazingCityGirlatheartDined on 6/19/2014Found this restaurant through Open Table while visiting NYC for a long weekend & enjoying Happy Hour at Hotel Bar. We stayed in the Chelsea area, & was within a 5 minute walk. Upon arriving, we were greeted immediately and told to pick a table. It was 8:00 p.m. and not too many people were there. By 9:00, very busy. Cozy feeling, & the staff was attentive & friendly. Food was terrific. My husband & I ordered the fried zucchini & tomato/feta salad to share. Both were crisp & fresh. I had the Gyro platter which was HUGE, with crisp lettuce, tomatoes & cucumbers. The rice that came with it was very flavorful. My husband ordered the Red Snapper & talk about done to perfection! Moist, flaky, perfect! Bottle of Malbec rounded out our mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the RoughNeverDisappointsVIPDined on 6/16/2014Love Uncle Nick's. I work in the Midtown West area and take coworkers and friends there often. I have never had a complaint! Food and service are top notch =) Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food, HORRIBLE Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/15/2014We came in for lunch, there were three waiters working and 5 other tables the whole time. Our waiter ignored us the entire time. We had to repeatedly call him over when we needed something. This place needs better management.
- Tasty Greek FoodAcoustickittyDined on 6/5/2014I like Uncle Nick's because you get exactly what you came for: good food, nice people. It's my favorite place in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarcoVIPDined on 5/29/2014Consistently good food and service. Great before games at MSG!Special Features:
- Greek appetiteLuv2dineDined on 5/22/2014This is a great local spot with good Greek food. The gyros are great and the service was medicro. I enjoyed going there with my family and would recommend others if they want some great Greek food for a good price. It isn't expensive at all but you get your monies worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only if you're going to MSGaadoc76VIPDined on 5/9/2014I've been to Nick's quite a few times. The only reason I gave it three stars for food is previously my meals have been good. This past time the food was eh at best. I made a 6:45 pm reservation for an 8:00 show giving myself an extra 15 minutes of leeway if necessary. Not enough time. Waited for a table and it took way too long for the food to come out. Got to the show at 8:30. And it was soooo hot and humid in the restaurant that all the waiters were sweating. All that being said, I'd go back because of the convenience to Madison Square Garden.
- Uncle Nick's--always a winnerIbirdDined on 5/9/2014Uncle Nick's always makes me feel like I am visiting Greece again--but charging for bread--really???Special Features:
- Food pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014We love Greek food, and this was ok. Lamb chops came out over cooked and cold, which was disappointing.Special Features:
- Neighborhood FindSophiaDined on 5/3/2014Delicious and moderately priced dining. Quality food with good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific MealLisaKNYCDined on 5/2/2014Uncle Nick's is reliably good Greek food. I'd recommend giving it a try. The swordfish kabobs are one of their specialty dishes, and a great choice. We also loved the famous flaming cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 152 reviews are from the Uncle Nick's Greek Cuisine - Chelsea reviews archive.
- Great Greek restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/25/2014We went for a dinner with kids to this place. Everything we ordered was delicious and flavorful. Baklava for dessert is a must.:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a favorite gatheringFoodieDined on 4/8/2014This is a favorite gathering place for me with a group of friends. Proximity to Penn Station is what attracted us originally, but now we come back for the good food, friendly atmosphere, fair pricing, and casual surroundings. On a week night we were able to share appetizers, entrees, and some wine, and have time to chat and laugh. No one pushed us out the door. It was almost like dining at home - but better food and no dishes to wash. We will be back again and again.Special Features:
- great lunch, will def. be back soonrossamaVIPDined on 3/31/2014brought my team for lunch, food was very good! Great service. Food came out quick, will def. be back!Special Features:
- A find near Penn StationseafoodloverDined on 3/26/2014Uncle Nick's is a friendly and pleasant spot in a restaurant desert area near the Station. Nothing fancy, good Greek food. We had a great lunch and enjoyed the welcoming relaxed ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, worst service.MidtownNYCDined on 3/21/2014I'd only recommend for take out. You can travel from NJ, grab the food, bring it back to NJ and finish it before someone in the restaurant would take your drink order, refill your drinks, or even look in your direction. None of the 6 servers on a Friday night with 4 tables in the house cared about anything but talking to each other and their phones.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for what we needed!fibennDined on 3/18/2014We were meeting friends from out of town for a quick easy bite and Uncle Nick's was great for this! Relatively quick service, nice shareable food, not too noisy so we could have a good conversation and catch up and a good price too.
- Decent Greek FoodSandidinerDined on 3/14/2014Everything at Uncle Nick's is just okay. The food is good, but uninspired. The service is adequate( we had trouble getting refills on water). The restaurant itself is basic. But overall it is a good value and if I was in the neighborhood I would eat there again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A taste of GreecemacherieDined on 3/9/2014At Nick's,on a Sunday evening, we were pleasantly surprised to feel as if we were sitting in a family restaurant in Greece. We ordered fava beans and Greek cheese with olives for the mezes and grilled sardines and calamari for the entrees which were served with a large serving of of tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant and onions.. Everything was delicious. The prices are moderate and the service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group DinnerHongKongDined on 3/1/2014We come to Nick's whenever in town as we are based overseas. The last two years we have invited a large group of friends to meet us for dinner. From the booking to accomodating a group of 18, the staff of Nick's handled everything flawlessly. They are extending and make the evening stress free. The food is very good covering all the standard Greek fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!LemonDined on 2/21/2014Just started a job in the neighborhood and had lunch here with a few work colleagues. Reasonable prices, lovely atmosphere, good service, and delicious, fresh food. Perfect, I will certainly be back!Special Features:
- Great Greek Dining5TriniLadiesDined on 2/20/2014It was a night of friends, food and fun. This was our first at trying greek food. The atmosphere was very pleasant and the staff was very friendly. We were seated and our orders taken shortly after. We each ordered different things from the menu and sampled each meal. The meals came hot of the grill, everything was amazing. We all wished we had ordered what was on the other person's plate. At the end of the night our picture was taken for us by a staff member. It was certainly a night of no regrets. We are definitely going to visit here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was okAandFDined on 2/11/2014My friend and I had dinner here. They messed up her order - thankfully the food was was good and it was messed up with something that she liked. They did not charge us for the wrong dinner, which was at a higher price. We felt a bit forgotten and had to flag our waiter down as opposed to him coming and checking in on us. The food was good and convenient to the subway so I would go back again.Special Features:
- Great FishHoyaVIPDined on 2/1/2014We have never had a bad dish, but the fish is always top notch. Friendly service, a moderately priced wine list. Consistently good.Special Features:
- YumMariaDined on 1/29/2014Uncle Nicks consistently offers great food. The seafood is fresh and melts in your mouth (try the octopus appetizer and the grilled squid). The Greek specialties are mouthwatering; the eggplant appetizer just begs to be eaten; the vegetable stew offered as a side to the entrees is so good you'll be tempted to ask for a doggy bag if you don't finish it. And the wine list is a good value. There's no better in midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freezing at Uncle NicksmuseumgemDined on 1/29/2014Unfortunately, the evening was freezing outside when we dined at the otherwise reliable Uncle Nicks. The entire restaurant was drafty and uncomfortable and the potatoes that are usually hot and crispy were served cold and soggy. Stick with the uptown location.
- Best Greek food in NYCLuvtoeatVIPDined on 1/29/2014A friend and I ate there before the Keith urban concert! As soon as we walked in we sat down , service was exceptional! Wish I could have tried everything! I've eaten at a lot of Greek restaurants but this was just superb! Do not have any complaints at all! The best stuffed grape leaves for appetizer! The portions were so big! The appetizer for 2 with sausage, meatballs outstanding! We didnt have any room in our stomachs but the dinner I intended on having, they gave me a tasting anyway! Superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boring greek foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We was dissapointed, food was without any extra touch and desserts where almost gone, no choice. We had to ask several times for ordered Tzatsiki. There are absolutely better alternatives for your dinner.
- Uncle Nick's restaurant, wascaroDined on 12/23/2013Uncle Nick's restaurant, was so comfortable & relaxed. The server we had is really friendly & gave us recommendations on the menu. The food was delicious & I would recommend this place & will go again if I was in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flaming cheeseLmliraDined on 12/23/2013The flaming cheese was exciting And tasty. I had a delicious gyro platter. My coworkers and I picked the spot to celebrate a holiday lunch. About seven of us total. Plenty if veggie options. Great place, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.