Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Westside 9th Avenue
440 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Westside 9th Avenue
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.unclejacks.com/
- Phone: (212) 244-0005
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm. Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: William Jack Degel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please email Muhammed@unclejacks.com for private party and catering info.
- Special Events: Manhattan locations only. Uncle Jack’s is now proud to offer all inclusive, 3-course Prix-fixe lunch. Just $29.95. Ask your server or bartender for details. Tuesdays: all wines on our list are half price for Lifestyle members.
A word from Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Westside 9th Avenue
The place to meet, eat and enjoy the finer things in life. Specializing in 21 day dry aged USDA Prime meats, Kobe beef, Australian lobster tails and offering a wide array of seafood and wines. Join us for our old world charm and impeccable service. Some of our reviews; The New York Times 3 Stars "This steakhouse leaves no item overlooked...." - Crain's "New York's best pocket-sized steakhouse..." - Daily News 4 Stars "...outstanding service and excellent food that is imaginatively prepared..." - Zagat Survey "Mouth watering steaks...a true gem...a friendly staff..." - "Wine Spectator Award of Excellence" - "5 Star Diamond Award from the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences" - Newsday 3 Stars "a handsome slice of a restaurant...Queen's best steakhouse..." William Jack Degel honors his Godfather, the proprietor of Jack's, a 1930's prohibition-style Victorian speak-easy. At Uncle Jack's, where the motto is "Customer is King,” his legend lives on.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Westside 9th Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (105)fit for foodies (79)notable wine list (69)good for groups (54)neighborhood gem (46)romantic (44)great for lunch (43)great for brunch (16)late-night find (15)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014I'm from Montreal. We came to NYC for a hockey game Rangers-Canadians. Uncle Jack's restaurant is just steps away from Madison Square Graden arena. We booked this restaurant through Open table becasue it was best steakhouse in the neigborhood. But experience was disappointing, also the menu and wine list were ok. The decor in the restaurant is nice, service was excellent, but I have expected the quality of food like at Chris and Ruth's steakhouse, but it was far from there. I had crab cakes and filet mignon. Creb cakes were decent as well as my steak. My daughter has order tomato and buffalini salad and a pork chop. That was a mistake. Tomatos were half green adn not ripe as well as mozarella de bufalla was too cold and lokked like it was frozen before. The pork chop was tender inside but the crust was so hard that it was nearly impossible to cut it and for sure impossible to eat! My daughter left the place very unsatisfied. I don't know how are the seafood dishes or fish in this restaurant, but definetely it's a place for a steak only!Special Features:
- Great service, great food. An enjoyable experienceEverfabulousDined on 11/22/2014Went here for my 60 th birthday. Had great service and great food. Can't understand why no sides when you are paying 50-70 for an entrée. Other than that no complaints glad I chose it for my big day. They gave us a lovely molten chocolate cake for my birthday. Thank you for making the day special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My oldest son first real steakKrisDined on 11/21/2014My oldest son is 11. I promised him a steak in NY and boy did Jack's Steakhouse deliver. Our waiter, Dennis, did an excellent job. Ambience was good. Noice was as can be expected on a busy Friday evening. All in all a verry good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchcassiesmomDined on 11/19/2014This was my second visit and I enjoyed it as much as the first time. I didn't feel rushed at all and my lunch was excellent! I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The food at Uncle jack's was amazing. I had the Filet Mignon and it was simply perfect! My side was Brussels Sprouts, and they were also very good. I shared some of my son's Lobster Macaroni and Cheese and then wished I had ordered that as well! Desert was also fantastic, I had the Apple Strudel with vanilla ice cream, which was very good, and was able to sample the Creme Brule' and it was delicious. Service was excellent. We had made reservations, and arrived a few minutes early, were given seats at the bar and our table was ready right on time. Overall a really great experience, well worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakBruceVIPDined on 11/14/2014The porterhouse steak is as good as anywhere, the mushroom, spinach and brussels sprouts are better than most. The service was perfect--attentive; but, not hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service!Willie29Dined on 11/13/2014My wife and I both had the 16 0z. filet mignon and it was big, tasty and cooked to perfection. The side dishes of asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes were also perfectly prepared and the Italian, onion and raisin bread that was given to us both before and during the meal was warm and very good. My wife loved the crab cake appetizer and my caesar salad was also very good. For desert we had the chocolate soufflé cake and NY cheese cake. The soufflé cake was "out of this world" but I was not crazy about the cheese cake. It did not have the texture that I like. I like my cheese cake more on the "cakey" side. Overall it was a terrific meal and I would recommend the restaurant to anyone who would like a really good meal at a decent price. Growing up my father owned a meat market/grocery store in Connecticut. I grew up eating quality meat and steaks and I know a good steak when I see it. I can tell you that at Uncle Jack's I had one of the best steak dinners I have ever had. Therefore, I would like to give a "shout out" to Willie Degel who's show we enjoy watching on TV. Willie, you did not disappoint. The meal my wife and I had was really good and the waiter and staff were attentive through out the meal. We certainly will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two words...GREAT STEAK!MrFreezeDined on 11/12/2014From the starters to the deserts everything was fantastic! Come hungry and leave happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncle JacksJMB1VIPDined on 11/12/2014The service and food are both expectional, a mid town gem for locals and tourists.Special Features:
- Uncle Jack's WestsidejdmacDined on 11/8/2014Service is what separates this excellent restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steakhouseGgggDined on 11/8/2014Nice old style steakhouse . Quick and polite service. Sometimes even felt a bit too much service . Waiters constantly asking if everything was ok got slightly annoying. However , food was pretty good and we were able to get back to our meeting on time . This is based on dinner around 6:00 pm on weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth The TripVetteman7Dined on 11/8/2014Uncle Jack's Steakhouse was a very nice dining experience for us. I ordered a Prime Filet and my wife ordered Salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love that steakHeshDined on 11/7/2014The porterhouse is delicious. Just perfection The restaurant is a classic New York findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in NYCGreatsmileDined on 11/7/2014You must try Uncle Jacks Steakhouse when in NYC or you will the miss out on best dining experience in the City. The food is amazing, the extensive wine list is impressive and the staff pampers you better than any restaurant I've ever visited. The atmosphere and decor are the cherry on top. Bon Appetite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhouseGinnyVIPDined on 11/7/2014A few weeks ago I met a friend at Uncle Jack's just for a drink before we went on to walk the Highline but I wanted to come back for dinner and I'm glad I did on Friday night. We sat upstairs and it was just perfect, not noisy and very beautiful atmosphere. The food was great although my friend did have to send her baked potato back once because it was too hard but other than that it was perfect. I would highly recommend. Oh and great Happy Hour at the bar too!!Special Features:
- Great place for a business mealAviEatsOutVIPDined on 11/5/2014Of course a nice steak place - not my favorite but for the location it is the best one to go to in the area.
- Great meal, wine abd serviceScrumptiousDined on 11/5/2014The wine and steak wereGreat, pricey, but worth it! Bartender and drinks great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Business LunchWesnileDined on 11/5/2014Have ben here a few times as it is one of the closest restaurants to the Javitz center. Never disappoints, everything from great steaks to salads and sandwiches. Service is always top notch and the food is fantastic. Whether you the suit and tie crowd or the biz casual you'll feel right at home.Special Features:
- Great find!StaceyspinsDined on 11/4/2014My husband and I were headed to a concert at Hammerstein and I wanted a restaurant close to that venue. We gave Uncle Jacks a try and it was great! Thr service was quick but not rushed. The food and drinks were delicious. We started with the tomato and mozzarella salad which I really liked. We both had steaks which were cooked perfectly. A side of maple glazed bacon macaroni and cheese and perfectly cooked asparagus. My husband had the best bloody Mary he has ever tasted and I had a glass of really nice moscato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchBeauty7Dined on 11/4/2014It has been awhile since I returned to Uncle Jack's Steakhouse & it was a Fabulous Lunch celebrating a Friend's birthday. I selected an amazing Napa Valley Cab - Hourglass which was Fab! Caesar Salad to start, Filet Mignon & Lobster Tail with Garlic Mashed Potatoes, mashed Sweet Potatoes with Asparagus were Delicious; we had expresso, cappuccino with Apple strudel that was perfect! Looking forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncle Jack's never failsbehindhomeplateDined on 11/4/2014Been here about a dozen times, and have always had a positive experience. The crab cakes for an app are great, the steak is amazing, and you can't go wrong with any of the sides. Service is fantastic, and the servers always give great recommendations.Special Features:
- Great MeatDmezaDined on 11/3/2014The Steaks and sides are wonderful. The atmosphere is a bit of a "men's lodge"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncle Jack'smnbnycVIPDined on 11/1/2014In an otherwise more or less culinary desert on 9th Ave and 34th Street, Uncle Jacks' stands out as one of the very much better steakhouses in the city. It might not be the very best but it is well up there with the very best. The meat is very good indeed, the service is attentive to the point of excellence, the prices, which in some steakhouses have reached stratospheric heights, are reasonable for the excellent quality. The food is cooked to the right degree and the sides are excellent too. The wine list has some affordable bottles as well as reasonable wines by the glass. OK you might have to 'trek' to 9th Avenue but the 'trek' is worth it. It can get a bit crowded and noisy but that could be said about just about every restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LUV IT....LUV IT.... LUV ITOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2014FROM AS SOON AS YOU WALK IN......FROM YOUR FIRST COCKTAIL....THROUGHT YOUR MOUTH WATERING MEAL.....THE ENJOYMENT NEVER STOPS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksBusterbytesDined on 10/30/2014Steaks are lean, tender and flavorful. Service was polite and attentive.Special Features:
- ExcellentJoechilimanDined on 10/25/2014What an awesome restaurant. The food was amazing. I got the surf and turf with the filet mignon and lobster tail. Both were one of the best I have ever had. The sautéed asparagus was just as good. My wife usually complains about something at every restaurant we go to. Nothing but nice things to say this time from her. We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinner!TonyD123Dined on 10/25/2014My wife and I recently had the pleasure of dining at Uncle Jack's before a Bryan Adams concert at MSG. The food was absolutley amazing and the service was even better. I can't wait for a reason to go back.Special Features:
- Great dinner, great servicePhantomracerDined on 10/25/2014The experience was great, from the prompt and attentive service, frosted mug for the beer, to the insanely well made steak knife, to the perfectly cooked steak. nice comfortable steakhouse, not a stuffy environment. Very nice. On my shortlist for great steakhouses in NYCSpecial Features:
- jcoburnjcoburnDined on 10/24/2014Excellent food and, especially, great service without being annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always solidDPM44Dined on 10/22/2014Uncle Jack's always puts out a good product coupled with good service.Special Features:
- JMB1VIPDined on 10/22/2014Uncle Jacks is one of the best steak places in NYC. Great food, service, and atmosphere, make it a must visit for a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful place to celebrate!JuljayDined on 10/21/2014My son and I celebrated his 14th birthday at Uncle Jacks. The room is so comfortable, yet it feels really special. The filet mignon was amazing, as was the bacon, the wedge salad and the macaroni and cheese. The wait staff is extremely professional, but also very friendly. It was the perfect experience for us both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerjelfDined on 10/19/2014Everything was terriffic & the fall menu is great. Never knew you had a Brunch we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customers are treated "special"!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014So glad we found this restaurant for a Saturday brunch/lunch. We had a 2pm matinee at the theatre and we wanted to relax and have a nice meal before making it to the show. The service was the BEST ever for us!!! We had the brunch special of eggs with steak that included a cocktail, fruit, breads, and tea or coffee with the meal. Everything was delicious! We would highly recommend Uncle Jack's Steakhouse!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The aroma of excellence!TonyDined on 10/17/2014Always a friendly professional staff to greet, meet & eat!!!! Top grade food from oysters to filet mignon. Alex is one of many top notch maitre de's friendly and pleasurable with expertise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNYCVisitorDined on 10/12/2014The ad said it was the best steakhouse in NYC. I would not agree. First, we asked for a Gluten Free menu which was provided. When the orders were placed (Gluten free for my wife, regular for me) the orders came back both Gluten free. Bread was asked for and never received. My steak was cold and chewy. The sides were good. My wife ordered the tuna and it was OK. Both of us thought the value was lacking in this meal. The initial waiter seemed aloof and not interested in our being there. The service was just OK. I will not recommend this restaurant and will not return.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014After a long day after a convention, I was tired and very much underdressed, assuming it would make me feel uncomfortable in such a fine dining room. To my surprised, I was treated like a VIP from the moment I walked in the door. The Hostess was very kind and accommodating to myself and my guests. The wait staff was pleasant, cheery and admirably catered to our table. The food was OUTSTANDING! Absolutely amazing meal from start to finish. Turned a long day into a very enjoyable one! Thank you to everyone who works at Uncle Jack's - you were delightful!Special Features:
- Good food, bad tablewurdgirlDined on 10/11/2014While the food and service was good, we had a large party with us and although we booked a reservation, we were given a strange alcove table that made conversation awkward and left elbow room scarce at best.Special Features:
- Enjoy this placeCtdinerVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food continues to be good. This location I have been to twice now. A very good dining experience and a recommend for sure. Filets and lamb dinners were cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JMB1VIPDined on 10/9/2014One of the best steak houses in NYC. Great for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.