Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Westside 9th Avenue
440 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Westside 9th Avenue
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.unclejacks.com/
- Phone: (212) 244-0005
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm. Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: William Jack Degel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please email Muhammed@unclejacks.com for private party and catering info.
- Special Events: Manhattan locations only. Uncle Jack’s is now proud to offer all inclusive, 3-course Prix-fixe lunch. Just $29.95. Ask your server or bartender for details. Tuesdays: all wines on our list are half price for Lifestyle members.
A word from Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Westside 9th Avenue
The place to meet, eat and enjoy the finer things in life. Specializing in 21 day dry aged USDA Prime meats, Kobe beef, Australian lobster tails and offering a wide array of seafood and wines. Join us for our old world charm and impeccable service. Some of our reviews; The New York Times 3 Stars "This steakhouse leaves no item overlooked...." - Crain's "New York's best pocket-sized steakhouse..." - Daily News 4 Stars "...outstanding service and excellent food that is imaginatively prepared..." - Zagat Survey "Mouth watering steaks...a true gem...a friendly staff..." - "Wine Spectator Award of Excellence" - "5 Star Diamond Award from the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences" - Newsday 3 Stars "a handsome slice of a restaurant...Queen's best steakhouse..." William Jack Degel honors his Godfather, the proprietor of Jack's, a 1930's prohibition-style Victorian speak-easy. At Uncle Jack's, where the motto is "Customer is King,” his legend lives on.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Westside 9th Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)fit for foodies (77)notable wine list (67)good for groups (52)neighborhood gem (44)romantic (43)great for lunch (42)great for brunch (15)late-night find (14)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- JMB1VIPDined on 10/6/2014A NYC Steakhouse that exceeds expectations providing quality food and world class service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional steakhouse in NewYorkAnthonyYuDined on 10/5/2014Six people from China have the dinner in this restaurant today. We order the famous felli steak and really enjoy what we ordered. BTW, the service here is quite elegant. They treat us well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Had a lovely meal here for 30th birthday celebration. Staff were excellent, and offered recommedations on the menu. I had the filet steak which was perfectly cooked. And a nice surprise was a dessert free of charge...complete with a candle!Special Features:
- RealBeef1Dined on 10/4/2014First time going there and was very impressed nice place great food, steak, salmon, ceasar salad, garlic mash no room for dessert, will go again.Special Features:
- Not the placeMikeMDined on 10/3/2014Captain nice but couldn't understand him. Waitress very nice. Server mixed up steaks at table. Food NOT hot enough by a long shot. The Outback at 1/4 the price better. Much better Steakhouses in NY.Special Features:
- ExcellentjelfDined on 10/1/2014The Best Lunch ever. Great Restaurant! I will returnSpecial Features:
- amylillyDined on 9/30/2014Everything was excellent from the time we arrived till the time we left...The manager Kristen was excellent. In formed her it was my 40th birthday that is why we were visiting and she went out of her way to make sure we didn't leave without dessert or another round of drinks. Great personality. .companies needs people like her. Thanks to everyone that works at uncle jacks. Food was delicious the steak melts in your mouth and we had ours cooked extra well done and uncle jacks steak sauce is out of this world. .yummy. ..I can keep going but it's best if you try it on your own. Enjoy. ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnersp3cialVIPDined on 9/27/2014Service was A+ from start to finish. Unfortunately my meal, which was a special, was not edible as it was as if the salt shaker was dumped into it, and the meat very tough and luke warm. The manager quickly offered me something else but I declined. They took the cost off from our bill. My husband's filet was also just mediocre. We have never had this happen here before. We were also treated to an exquisite anniversary dessert and champagne. We still will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014We went to Uncle Jack's for lunch before a Broadway Matinee on Sat. Willie's personality on the TV show drew us to this place but I must say it lived up to his standards. Impeccable service and attention to detail. Food was excellent. We would definitely try it again or one of his other NYC restaurants.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Great steaks, superb choice of fine wines....and a fantastic service!Special Features:
- Deliciousgratefuldan54Dined on 9/21/2014The food and service were exceptional. The waiter made us feel like we were important regulars. Very attentive without being obtrusive. The food was spot on. Sometimes you have a meal that completely lives up top your expectations. This was one of those meals.Special Features:
- Best you can getncribarDined on 9/20/2014We watch the television show all the time and when we decided to go to New York this was a must. We were not disappointed! The lobster was fantastic and the steak better than Peter Lugers! The service is outstanding and this is a place to dine not just eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dineDined on 9/19/2014Food and service was great! Very nice ambiance. Quaint !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experienceGreatFoodDined on 9/18/2014I was entertaining out of country business clients so dining at one of NYC premier steakhouses was perfect. Service and food were exceptional. Was looking for a dining experience and was not rushed through dinner. Other tables were coming and going, but service staff was content on letting us dine at a leisurely pace. Even though I would entertain guests here again, it does come at a cost. We had several bottles of wine and after dinner drinks, which drove the expensive food costs even higher. Good experience and would recommend to others looking for a similar experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very average so many better optionsFreddy84Dined on 9/18/2014The worst steakhouse in NYC. Sparks prices with Bonanza quality. Waiter was rude. They worked hard to sell me on the lollipop lamp chops app over shrimp cocktail and it was just awful. We only went because it was close to MSG and we were headed to a concert. Steak was average at best- sides were large but flavorless. I will never go there again. Awful.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/17/2014I have had good meals here before, but the bone-in strip wasn't that great. It lacked favor and wasn't the best cut. The wine our waiter recommended was good and his service was excellent but a steak house has to have great steak and mine just wasn't.
- Delicious!vegfoodie14Dined on 9/16/2014My girlfriend and I had dinner at Uncle Jack's before seeing Tim McGraw at Hammerstein Ballroom. The service, food, and atmosphere were perfect! We couldn't have picked a better place! I plan on returning in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelVIPDined on 9/9/2014Still one of my favorite NY steak restaurants. Never fails to deliver with great food and service.Special Features:
- rickVIPDined on 9/5/2014Very good steak and sides. Service was very attentive. I still prefer the Bell Blvd. in Bayside location.Special Features:
- Oustanding.GoaltenderDined on 9/5/2014The service is fantastic without being overbearing and you never feel rushed. Take your time because the food is worth it. A great spot for lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- Great New York ExperienceSuburbannewyorkersDined on 9/3/2014We arrived before our reaervation time and they seerved us immediately. We ordered drinks and wanted to wait a bit before we ordered our meal which they respected.The wait staff was very attentive and informed us of the specials. We ordered steak and it arrived exactly as ordered. The portions were quite good, and the sides were definitely enough for two people. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did a GroupongraylockVIPDined on 8/31/2014Groupon had special menu. Great options and yummy food. However I felt like the unwanted step child. Took forever to get the meal. People who sat next to us and ordered off the main menu had wonderful dinners appetizers deserts and were long gone before we received our entree. Never received the desert. It came when we paid the check and were leaving. The manager apologized and comped a round of drinks but sitting from 500 til 830 and waiting waiting and service wait staff not caring was annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBeyonceDined on 8/30/2014Main course was served cool Steaks should be sizzling hot Sides were warm not hot Replaced and still not hot
- Happy to have dined!Mad4SteakDined on 8/30/2014It was a delightful change up from our regular steakhouse. The wait staff was very friendly & helpful. We order wine that they no longer had, we chose another and they didn't have the vintage. We agreed on the newer one & it was great. The steak was cooked perfectly & the rest of the Mel was a nice experience. They have us a discount on the wine since it wasn't exactly what we ordered which was thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BaciVIPDined on 8/28/2014i WANT TO THANK THE STAFF AT UNCLE JACK'S FOR THEIR KINDNESS AND PATIENCE. MY GUEST BECAME ILL AND THEY GRACIOUSLY ATTENDED TO HIS NEEDS. HE MADE A MESS AND THEY CLEANED IT UP WITHOUT MAKING HIM FEEL SELF-CONSCIOUS OR EMBARRASSED. THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY FABULOUSLY AND SO WAS THE FOOD. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Must try the bacon appetizer -- like nothing you've ever tasted.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014Very nice steakhouse. We liked it. Good steak. Thanks.Special Features:
- Sunday DinnerProjectMDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I went to the Midtown location this past Sunday. We got to the city an hour early but decided to go in anyway. We sat at the bar, had Martini's and ordered appetizers. The Bartender, Eric, was very personable, the drinks were perfect, and he advised us which appetizers would be best, since we had already seen the menu online and knew what we were going to order for dinner. When we were seated at out table (at the actual time of our reservation) the staff was knowledgeable and attentive, but not intrusive. Overall, we had a wonderful dining experience and would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Good food overalljeffVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was good overall. A couple of points though. 1) Boneless 20oz strip steak was tough, not as tender as it should have been 2) Caesar salad actually had too little dressing. Two of us that ordere it bot agreed (and they put the cheese on top at the end, so it seemed even more dry). 3) We used a Groupon (in addition to ordering off the menu), and we were disappointed with the value of the Groupon. Was told I could upsize my steak, but then charged 2/3 the value as an upsize charge. Also we were supposed to get a dessert sampler with 3 desserts, but only got 2 as they were out of pecan pie (and we were not offered a substitute.
- Great steaksHalimerDined on 8/14/2014Excellent food and service but noisy - well, it does have a barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So close to Penn Station!JohnTDined on 8/13/2014First trip to Uncle Jack's did not disappoint! Great dinner and very good service. Quiet enough to enjoy conversations during a Client dinner and everything we ordered was prepared perfectly. Can't believe its so close to Penn and we had never been there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SpotShaf1Dined on 8/12/2014Had us in and out in 50 minutes. We had a group of 6 before a business meeting. I will be back!Special Features:
- not what I expectedLms0403Dined on 8/11/2014After watching Restaurant Steakhouse I was expecting amazing service. I was greatly disappointed! The website states it has a kid's menu yet when I asked about the menu the waiter seemed annoyed at me. He also never gave me one. Then I asked for a different glass for my 8yr old to drink her water instead of a wine glass and again he was annoyed. After those questions he started addressing only my husband and not me. I actually had to say out loud that he seemed to not like me for another person who worked there to actually be nice to me. She must have said something to him because as we left he started to talk to me, by then it was too late, I was mad!! I was hoping to enjoy the restaurant enough to cone back for a special dinner, not now!Special Features:
- Food just okHifeyDined on 8/10/2014For the price paid for dinner, I expect more. The steak was listed as prime beef, but tasted like choice. Meat was ordered medium rare and was served medium with too much char on the surface. Sides were just okay. Service was fine. Waiter was a bit snobbish but overall good. Nice ambiance. I'm just disappointed that the food wasn't special.Special Features:
- Impeccable ServicekayveeDined on 8/10/2014I can't say enough about this place the food the service all 5 STAR. ON OUR MOST RECENT VISIT WE WERE TREATED LIKE VIPS by Joel and the rest of the staff. A fabulous dinner from start to finish. When Joel found out it was our anniversary he had a cake with candles and champagne brought to our table it was a beautiful ending to a most fabulous evening I will remember fondly. THANKS TO JOEL AND STAFF!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visitor from out of townLove2eatVIPDined on 8/9/2014Hotel recommended for a good steak and I was very happy with everything. The food was terrific and I will definitely return the next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcelenteDaniDined on 8/8/2014Muy buen servicio y la comida excelente. Fui con mis hijos y pasamos una gran cena. Muy recomendable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksPhilizayDined on 8/2/2014This place lived up to the hype. Services was good, and the food was even better.Special Features:
- JohnnyboyDined on 8/2/2014Need different chicken dish variations and apps that a person that doesn't like seafood. Not me the wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hit on all counts4steakloversDined on 8/1/2014This was not my first meal at Uncle Jack's. I have had numerous business lunches here. The service was perfect. Not intrusive, but quickly there when needed. Our steaks were cooked exactly as ordered and delicious. The banana cream pie for dessert was a most pleasant surprise and a great ending to our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.