Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Westside 9th Avenue
440 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Westside 9th Avenue
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.unclejacks.com/
- Phone: 2122440005x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm. Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: William Jack Degel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please email Muhammed@unclejacks.com for private party and catering info.
- Special Events: Manhattan locations only. Uncle Jack’s is now proud to offer all inclusive, 3-course Prix-fixe lunch. Just $29.95. Ask your server or bartender for details. Tuesdays: all wines on our list are half price for Lifestyle members.
A word from Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Westside 9th Avenue
The place to meet, eat and enjoy the finer things in life. Specializing in 21 day dry aged USDA Prime meats, Kobe beef, Australian lobster tails and offering a wide array of seafood and wines. Join us for our old world charm and impeccable service. Some of our reviews; The New York Times 3 Stars "This steakhouse leaves no item overlooked...." - Crain's "New York's best pocket-sized steakhouse..." - Daily News 4 Stars "...outstanding service and excellent food that is imaginatively prepared..." - Zagat Survey "Mouth watering steaks...a true gem...a friendly staff..." - "Wine Spectator Award of Excellence" - "5 Star Diamond Award from the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences" - Newsday 3 Stars "a handsome slice of a restaurant...Queen's best steakhouse..." William Jack Degel honors his Godfather, the proprietor of Jack's, a 1930's prohibition-style Victorian speak-easy. At Uncle Jack's, where the motto is "Customer is King,” his legend lives on.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Westside 9th Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)fit for foodies (53)good for groups (48)neighborhood gem (46)romantic (46)great for lunch (40)notable wine list (40)late-night find (15)great for brunch (14)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great Food and Service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Must try the bacon appetizer -- like nothing you've ever tasted.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014Very nice steakhouse. We liked it. Good steak. Thanks.Special Features:
- Sunday DinnerProjectMDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I went to the Midtown location this past Sunday. We got to the city an hour early but decided to go in anyway. We sat at the bar, had Martini's and ordered appetizers. The Bartender, Eric, was very personable, the drinks were perfect, and he advised us which appetizers would be best, since we had already seen the menu online and knew what we were going to order for dinner. When we were seated at out table (at the actual time of our reservation) the staff was knowledgeable and attentive, but not intrusive. Overall, we had a wonderful dining experience and would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Good food overalljeffVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was good overall. A couple of points though. 1) Boneless 20oz strip steak was tough, not as tender as it should have been 2) Caesar salad actually had too little dressing. Two of us that ordere it bot agreed (and they put the cheese on top at the end, so it seemed even more dry). 3) We used a Groupon (in addition to ordering off the menu), and we were disappointed with the value of the Groupon. Was told I could upsize my steak, but then charged 2/3 the value as an upsize charge. Also we were supposed to get a dessert sampler with 3 desserts, but only got 2 as they were out of pecan pie (and we were not offered a substitute.
- Great steaksHalimerDined on 8/14/2014Excellent food and service but noisy - well, it does have a barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So close to Penn Station!JohnTDined on 8/13/2014First trip to Uncle Jack's did not disappoint! Great dinner and very good service. Quiet enough to enjoy conversations during a Client dinner and everything we ordered was prepared perfectly. Can't believe its so close to Penn and we had never been there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SpotShaf1Dined on 8/12/2014Had us in and out in 50 minutes. We had a group of 6 before a business meeting. I will be back!Special Features:
- not what I expectedLms0403Dined on 8/11/2014After watching Restaurant Steakhouse I was expecting amazing service. I was greatly disappointed! The website states it has a kid's menu yet when I asked about the menu the waiter seemed annoyed at me. He also never gave me one. Then I asked for a different glass for my 8yr old to drink her water instead of a wine glass and again he was annoyed. After those questions he started addressing only my husband and not me. I actually had to say out loud that he seemed to not like me for another person who worked there to actually be nice to me. She must have said something to him because as we left he started to talk to me, by then it was too late, I was mad!! I was hoping to enjoy the restaurant enough to cone back for a special dinner, not now!Special Features:
- Food just okHifeyDined on 8/10/2014For the price paid for dinner, I expect more. The steak was listed as prime beef, but tasted like choice. Meat was ordered medium rare and was served medium with too much char on the surface. Sides were just okay. Service was fine. Waiter was a bit snobbish but overall good. Nice ambiance. I'm just disappointed that the food wasn't special.Special Features:
- Impeccable ServicekayveeDined on 8/10/2014I can't say enough about this place the food the service all 5 STAR. ON OUR MOST RECENT VISIT WE WERE TREATED LIKE VIPS by Joel and the rest of the staff. A fabulous dinner from start to finish. When Joel found out it was our anniversary he had a cake with candles and champagne brought to our table it was a beautiful ending to a most fabulous evening I will remember fondly. THANKS TO JOEL AND STAFF!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visitor from out of townLove2eatDined on 8/9/2014Hotel recommended for a good steak and I was very happy with everything. The food was terrific and I will definitely return the next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcelenteDaniDined on 8/8/2014Muy buen servicio y la comida excelente. Fui con mis hijos y pasamos una gran cena. Muy recomendable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksPhilizayDined on 8/2/2014This place lived up to the hype. Services was good, and the food was even better.Special Features:
- JohnnyboyDined on 8/2/2014Need different chicken dish variations and apps that a person that doesn't like seafood. Not me the wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hit on all counts4steakloversDined on 8/1/2014This was not my first meal at Uncle Jack's. I have had numerous business lunches here. The service was perfect. Not intrusive, but quickly there when needed. Our steaks were cooked exactly as ordered and delicious. The banana cream pie for dessert was a most pleasant surprise and a great ending to our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightDivine4u88Dined on 7/31/2014Loved the food and the service was perfect! Try the crab cake appetizer, it's delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - A Must Try!TryingNewThingsDined on 7/31/2014When you walk into Uncle Jacks, you first notice the decor and ambiance - the 2nd story balconies are made to look like box seats in a theatre. The decor throughout the restaurant is almost swing era-esque. The service was great - our server was very friendly and helpful, he was even cracking jokes. Our food came out in a very timely manner, and the other staff were very attentive about bringing drinks, clearing plates, etc. The prices are what you would expect for food of that quality in the city. The Chicken Marsala was VERY flavorful, and the "Fred Flinstone" steak was apparently one of the best steaks my friend had ever had. Overall, I would definitely recommend Uncle Jack's, and will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Second time doesn't disappoint52horsesDined on 7/29/2014This was the second time we came to this location and we enjoyed it just as much. Great service and lots of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SO SO STEAKMETGUARDVIPDined on 7/28/2014THE PLACE HAS EXCELLENT SERVICE. THE APPETIZERS AND CAESAR SALADS WAS VERY GOOD. THE STRIP STEAK THAT WE HAD WAS A BIT TOUGH. IT HAD GOOD FLAVOR BUT MED RARE IS SUPPOSE TO BE TENDER AND NOT A BIT CHEWY. THE DESSERTS WAS VERY GOOD.Special Features:
- Loved it!!liznofVIPDined on 7/26/2014Thank you for a wonderful experience! My husband and I loved eating at the restaurant, the service staff was so wonderful and the manager came by our table and brought us a picture! The food was amazing and we can't wait to come back again. Thank youI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner out!NYCFoodDined on 7/24/2014We went with the groupon 5 course meal. I liked that they were prepared and presented us with the menu and it didn't have to be some awkward "I have a deal" exchange. Service was excellent. So we had the meatballs and crab cake, house salad, steak with mashed potatoes (amazing) and creamed spinach (also amazing) and finished with a dessert sampler. Obviously it was a great deal for all that food, but it was also pretty delicious, so I would recommend going if you're in the area and looking for a nice place to go. It's casual and fancy at the same time (ie- not pretentious).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre SteakhouseclearlinkDined on 7/23/2014Willy Degel brags about his customer service, "our CS in the best in world", I say it all crock. My steak was the same quality as Costco's. I brought it to the waiter's attention and I got was a dumb look. We got there 15 minutes before the reservation, table was empty, but still waited until reservation time. Looks like they have a lower grade of meat for Groupon clients. Don't waste your money.
- Uncle JacksJMB1Dined on 7/23/2014Every time I dine at Uncle Jack's the food and service are consistently outstanding. One of the best steak houses in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chuck ForcucciChuckandBobbieNJDined on 7/22/2014First dining experience at Uncle Jack's. The service was tremendous, The atmosphere very nice and the food impeccable. Garlic mashed potatoes pretty average but the Mac and cheese and salads were very good. The steaks-- we had the rib chop-- were percection from the seasoning to doneness. Just amazing. A great restaurant for a special occasion, this was a great anniversary dinner. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar service. Great food.aiornelasDined on 7/20/2014Hands down, the best service I have ever experienced. Ambience was great. Always good to find a restaurant in NYC that isn't ridiculously loud. Food was great. Had a four course pre fixe and every dish was delicious. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingGunns911Dined on 7/19/2014From the moment we walked in the door my niece and I felt special. The surroundings offered great comfort in preparing us for the meal to come. The service could not have been better and I would give it 10 stars if I could. Both our head waiter and his assistant took the time to talk with us and get to know us. The head man knew when I wanted or needed something even before I did. That is impressive. Fantastic job peeps! I wanted to show my niece a little about fine dinning in the big apple and she left with an experience of a lifetime to share with all her North Carolina friends. Thank you Uncle Jack's, I could not have been more pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomefoodiewannabeDined on 7/19/2014Girls night dinner before sara bareillis concert was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bonne soiréefrancisDined on 7/18/2014Soirée trés agréable avec un personnel attentionné,plein d'humour tout en restant discret . la viande était excellente et la cuisson parfaite . rien à redire A conseiller sans moderationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Ive been here several times and always find the food and service very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed...CookieVIPDined on 7/15/2014It was AMAZING! The bone in Ribeye was the best I've ever had, my whole 2lb lobster was cooked perfectly! My husband ordered truffle on his steak & it had no taste. The manager tried telling us that summer truffles have very little taste. True, winter truffle do in fact have a stronger flavor, but summer truffle definitely has "taste".... they took it back & told us the chef wasn't impressed with the truffle either. I as a Steakhouse manager would've taken it back & apologized with no "excuse". It didn't make a difference, the service & food were spectacular. I was very impressed with Elva, very attentive. Uncle Jacks is a winner and a definite favorite for us and will return...Special Features:
- Excellent MealLeslieKDined on 7/11/2014I had not heard of Uncle Jack's prior to dining here. The food was outstanding and the service was over the top. Definitely impressed - the decor was beautiful and I cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncle Jack'sMittenDinerDined on 7/9/2014Having watched Restaurant Stakeout many times I knew that Uncle Jack's was a must for my first trip to the Big Apple. The hostess was pleasant, the wait staff was attentive, the food was prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place !Hungry8Dined on 7/8/2014I have been to Jack's 3 times. Always good. The service is friendly. The only problem was it was a 95 degree day in NYC and the place was hot. It is pricey, but I would recommend it to anyone!Special Features:
- Not what we expectedDragonreview1Dined on 7/8/2014Friendly but food was not great. food was very salty we had to cancel our dish and go some place else.
- Stay awayexperiencedElderDined on 7/2/2014Food OK, but one of the worst service experiences ever. We waited 40 minutes for the bread basket and never got our side orders. Late for theater as a result. Charged for things we didn't have and then threatened by the manager when we complained. Bad service can happen, but there is no excuse for a surly response. There were 6 of us, and we will never go back or recommend.
- First Time Visitors to NYCTexasTravelersDined on 6/30/2014Our party of four thoroughly enjoyed our lunch dining experience at Uncle Jack's. Not at all crowded at 11:30 AM on a Monday. Comfortable, quiet atmosphere. Pleasant, accommodating server. Lobster bisque was delicious. Melt in your mouth Kobe beef meat loaf is unlike any other. Our server recommended the french dip sandwiches which were excellent. I arrived craving a burger and the Big Jack with blue cheese hit the spot. We were pleasantly surprised when our server presented us with a complimentary bottle of Uncle Jack's BBQ sauce and an autographed poster of William "Jack" Degel. We look forward to returning for dinner on a future visit to New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakloverDined on 6/28/2014Exquisite dining. The staff was very attentive and the food was excellent. We were celebrating my sons college graduation and they made it very special for him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatMichaelVIPDined on 6/25/2014I simply love this place. Always great!! Great food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JMB1Dined on 6/25/2014Food is consistently good and the service is top notch.Special Features:
- jack'sillinisusieDined on 6/24/2014Great customer service at bar and in dining area. Large portions. Didn't care for cheesecake. It lacked flavor and did not come as described on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.