Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Westside 9th Avenue
440 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Westside 9th Avenue
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.unclejacks.com/
- Phone: 2122440005x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm. Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: William Jack Degel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please email Muhammed@unclejacks.com for private party and catering info.
- Special Events: Manhattan locations only. Uncle Jack’s is now proud to offer all inclusive, 3-course Prix-fixe lunch. Just $29.95. Ask your server or bartender for details. Tuesdays: all wines on our list are half price for Lifestyle members.
A word from Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Westside 9th Avenue
The place to meet, eat and enjoy the finer things in life. Specializing in 21 day dry aged USDA Prime meats, Kobe beef, Australian lobster tails and offering a wide array of seafood and wines. Join us for our old world charm and impeccable service. Some of our reviews; The New York Times 3 Stars "This steakhouse leaves no item overlooked...." - Crain's "New York's best pocket-sized steakhouse..." - Daily News 4 Stars "...outstanding service and excellent food that is imaginatively prepared..." - Zagat Survey "Mouth watering steaks...a true gem...a friendly staff..." - "Wine Spectator Award of Excellence" - "5 Star Diamond Award from the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences" - Newsday 3 Stars "a handsome slice of a restaurant...Queen's best steakhouse..." William Jack Degel honors his Godfather, the proprietor of Jack's, a 1930's prohibition-style Victorian speak-easy. At Uncle Jack's, where the motto is "Customer is King,” his legend lives on.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Westside 9th Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)fit for foodies (71)notable wine list (55)good for groups (52)romantic (44)neighborhood gem (43)great for lunch (36)vibrant bar scene (15)great for brunch (15)hot spot (13)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great Birthday DinnerjelfDined on 10/19/2014Everything was terriffic & the fall menu is great. Never knew you had a Brunch we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customers are treated "special"!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014So glad we found this restaurant for a Saturday brunch/lunch. We had a 2pm matinee at the theatre and we wanted to relax and have a nice meal before making it to the show. The service was the BEST ever for us!!! We had the brunch special of eggs with steak that included a cocktail, fruit, breads, and tea or coffee with the meal. Everything was delicious! We would highly recommend Uncle Jack's Steakhouse!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The aroma of excellence!TonyDined on 10/17/2014Always a friendly professional staff to greet, meet & eat!!!! Top grade food from oysters to filet mignon. Alex is one of many top notch maitre de's friendly and pleasurable with expertise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNYCVisitorDined on 10/12/2014The ad said it was the best steakhouse in NYC. I would not agree. First, we asked for a Gluten Free menu which was provided. When the orders were placed (Gluten free for my wife, regular for me) the orders came back both Gluten free. Bread was asked for and never received. My steak was cold and chewy. The sides were good. My wife ordered the tuna and it was OK. Both of us thought the value was lacking in this meal. The initial waiter seemed aloof and not interested in our being there. The service was just OK. I will not recommend this restaurant and will not return.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014After a long day after a convention, I was tired and very much underdressed, assuming it would make me feel uncomfortable in such a fine dining room. To my surprised, I was treated like a VIP from the moment I walked in the door. The Hostess was very kind and accommodating to myself and my guests. The wait staff was pleasant, cheery and admirably catered to our table. The food was OUTSTANDING! Absolutely amazing meal from start to finish. Turned a long day into a very enjoyable one! Thank you to everyone who works at Uncle Jack's - you were delightful!Special Features:
- Good food, bad tablewurdgirlDined on 10/11/2014While the food and service was good, we had a large party with us and although we booked a reservation, we were given a strange alcove table that made conversation awkward and left elbow room scarce at best.Special Features:
- Enjoy this placeCtdinerVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food continues to be good. This location I have been to twice now. A very good dining experience and a recommend for sure. Filets and lamb dinners were cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JMB1VIPDined on 10/9/2014One of the best steak houses in NYC. Great for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CW22Dined on 10/7/2014Server was excellent (I believe his name is Mark); filet mignon and crab cakes are really good; we would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great night outappleg8sDined on 10/7/2014My wife found your restaurant thru the web and what a great find it was. The service was great, food cooked just right and what flavor it had. The wine chosen by the server was outstanding. Have highly recommended you place and will continue to do so. See you again.Special Features:
- JMB1VIPDined on 10/6/2014A NYC Steakhouse that exceeds expectations providing quality food and world class service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional steakhouse in NewYorkAnthonyYuDined on 10/5/2014Six people from China have the dinner in this restaurant today. We order the famous felli steak and really enjoy what we ordered. BTW, the service here is quite elegant. They treat us well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Had a lovely meal here for 30th birthday celebration. Staff were excellent, and offered recommedations on the menu. I had the filet steak which was perfectly cooked. And a nice surprise was a dessert free of charge...complete with a candle!Special Features:
- RealBeef1Dined on 10/4/2014First time going there and was very impressed nice place great food, steak, salmon, ceasar salad, garlic mash no room for dessert, will go again.Special Features:
- Not the placeMikeMDined on 10/3/2014Captain nice but couldn't understand him. Waitress very nice. Server mixed up steaks at table. Food NOT hot enough by a long shot. The Outback at 1/4 the price better. Much better Steakhouses in NY.Special Features:
- ExcellentjelfDined on 10/1/2014The Best Lunch ever. Great Restaurant! I will returnSpecial Features:
- amylillyDined on 9/30/2014Everything was excellent from the time we arrived till the time we left...The manager Kristen was excellent. In formed her it was my 40th birthday that is why we were visiting and she went out of her way to make sure we didn't leave without dessert or another round of drinks. Great personality. .companies needs people like her. Thanks to everyone that works at uncle jacks. Food was delicious the steak melts in your mouth and we had ours cooked extra well done and uncle jacks steak sauce is out of this world. .yummy. ..I can keep going but it's best if you try it on your own. Enjoy. ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnersp3cialVIPDined on 9/27/2014Service was A+ from start to finish. Unfortunately my meal, which was a special, was not edible as it was as if the salt shaker was dumped into it, and the meat very tough and luke warm. The manager quickly offered me something else but I declined. They took the cost off from our bill. My husband's filet was also just mediocre. We have never had this happen here before. We were also treated to an exquisite anniversary dessert and champagne. We still will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014We went to Uncle Jack's for lunch before a Broadway Matinee on Sat. Willie's personality on the TV show drew us to this place but I must say it lived up to his standards. Impeccable service and attention to detail. Food was excellent. We would definitely try it again or one of his other NYC restaurants.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Great steaks, superb choice of fine wines....and a fantastic service!Special Features:
- Deliciousgratefuldan54Dined on 9/21/2014The food and service were exceptional. The waiter made us feel like we were important regulars. Very attentive without being obtrusive. The food was spot on. Sometimes you have a meal that completely lives up top your expectations. This was one of those meals.Special Features:
- Best you can getncribarDined on 9/20/2014We watch the television show all the time and when we decided to go to New York this was a must. We were not disappointed! The lobster was fantastic and the steak better than Peter Lugers! The service is outstanding and this is a place to dine not just eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dineDined on 9/19/2014Food and service was great! Very nice ambiance. Quaint !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experienceGreatFoodDined on 9/18/2014I was entertaining out of country business clients so dining at one of NYC premier steakhouses was perfect. Service and food were exceptional. Was looking for a dining experience and was not rushed through dinner. Other tables were coming and going, but service staff was content on letting us dine at a leisurely pace. Even though I would entertain guests here again, it does come at a cost. We had several bottles of wine and after dinner drinks, which drove the expensive food costs even higher. Good experience and would recommend to others looking for a similar experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very average so many better optionsFreddy84Dined on 9/18/2014The worst steakhouse in NYC. Sparks prices with Bonanza quality. Waiter was rude. They worked hard to sell me on the lollipop lamp chops app over shrimp cocktail and it was just awful. We only went because it was close to MSG and we were headed to a concert. Steak was average at best- sides were large but flavorless. I will never go there again. Awful.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/17/2014I have had good meals here before, but the bone-in strip wasn't that great. It lacked favor and wasn't the best cut. The wine our waiter recommended was good and his service was excellent but a steak house has to have great steak and mine just wasn't.
- Delicious!vegfoodie14Dined on 9/16/2014My girlfriend and I had dinner at Uncle Jack's before seeing Tim McGraw at Hammerstein Ballroom. The service, food, and atmosphere were perfect! We couldn't have picked a better place! I plan on returning in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelVIPDined on 9/9/2014Still one of my favorite NY steak restaurants. Never fails to deliver with great food and service.Special Features:
- rickVIPDined on 9/5/2014Very good steak and sides. Service was very attentive. I still prefer the Bell Blvd. in Bayside location.Special Features:
- Oustanding.GoaltenderDined on 9/5/2014The service is fantastic without being overbearing and you never feel rushed. Take your time because the food is worth it. A great spot for lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- Great New York ExperienceSuburbannewyorkersDined on 9/3/2014We arrived before our reaervation time and they seerved us immediately. We ordered drinks and wanted to wait a bit before we ordered our meal which they respected.The wait staff was very attentive and informed us of the specials. We ordered steak and it arrived exactly as ordered. The portions were quite good, and the sides were definitely enough for two people. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did a GroupongraylockVIPDined on 8/31/2014Groupon had special menu. Great options and yummy food. However I felt like the unwanted step child. Took forever to get the meal. People who sat next to us and ordered off the main menu had wonderful dinners appetizers deserts and were long gone before we received our entree. Never received the desert. It came when we paid the check and were leaving. The manager apologized and comped a round of drinks but sitting from 500 til 830 and waiting waiting and service wait staff not caring was annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBeyonceDined on 8/30/2014Main course was served cool Steaks should be sizzling hot Sides were warm not hot Replaced and still not hot
- Happy to have dined!Mad4SteakDined on 8/30/2014It was a delightful change up from our regular steakhouse. The wait staff was very friendly & helpful. We order wine that they no longer had, we chose another and they didn't have the vintage. We agreed on the newer one & it was great. The steak was cooked perfectly & the rest of the Mel was a nice experience. They have us a discount on the wine since it wasn't exactly what we ordered which was thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BaciVIPDined on 8/28/2014i WANT TO THANK THE STAFF AT UNCLE JACK'S FOR THEIR KINDNESS AND PATIENCE. MY GUEST BECAME ILL AND THEY GRACIOUSLY ATTENDED TO HIS NEEDS. HE MADE A MESS AND THEY CLEANED IT UP WITHOUT MAKING HIM FEEL SELF-CONSCIOUS OR EMBARRASSED. THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY FABULOUSLY AND SO WAS THE FOOD. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Must try the bacon appetizer -- like nothing you've ever tasted.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014Very nice steakhouse. We liked it. Good steak. Thanks.Special Features:
- Sunday DinnerProjectMDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I went to the Midtown location this past Sunday. We got to the city an hour early but decided to go in anyway. We sat at the bar, had Martini's and ordered appetizers. The Bartender, Eric, was very personable, the drinks were perfect, and he advised us which appetizers would be best, since we had already seen the menu online and knew what we were going to order for dinner. When we were seated at out table (at the actual time of our reservation) the staff was knowledgeable and attentive, but not intrusive. Overall, we had a wonderful dining experience and would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Good food overalljeffVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was good overall. A couple of points though. 1) Boneless 20oz strip steak was tough, not as tender as it should have been 2) Caesar salad actually had too little dressing. Two of us that ordere it bot agreed (and they put the cheese on top at the end, so it seemed even more dry). 3) We used a Groupon (in addition to ordering off the menu), and we were disappointed with the value of the Groupon. Was told I could upsize my steak, but then charged 2/3 the value as an upsize charge. Also we were supposed to get a dessert sampler with 3 desserts, but only got 2 as they were out of pecan pie (and we were not offered a substitute.
- Great steaksHalimerDined on 8/14/2014Excellent food and service but noisy - well, it does have a barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.