Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown 56th Street
44 West 56th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown 56th Street
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.unclejacks.com/
- Phone: 2122451550x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours: Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm. Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: William Jack Degel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please email Brad@unclejacks.com for private party and catering info.
- Special Events: Uncle Jack’s is now proud to offer all inclusive, 3-course Prix-fixe lunch. Just $29.95. Ask your server or bartender for details. Also consider our weekly specials. Tuesdays: all wines on our list are half price for Lifestyle members. If you aren’t a member, you can become one in an instant! Fridays: Two-For-One Happy Hours from 4-8 PM at the bar for EVERYONE!!! (some exclusions may apply)
A word from Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown 56th Street
The place to meet, eat and enjoy the finer things in life. Specializing in 21 day dry aged USDA Prime meats, Kobe beef, Australian lobster tails and offering a wide array of seafood and wines. Join us for our old world charm and impeccable service. Some of our reviews; The New York Times 3 Stars "This steakhouse leaves no item overlooked...." - Crain's "New York's best pocket-sized steakhouse..." - Daily News 4 Stars "...outstanding service and excellent food that is imaginatively prepared..." - Zagat Survey "Mouth watering steaks...a true gem...a friendly staff..." - "Wine Spectator Award of Excellence" - "5 Star Diamond Award from the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences" - Newsday 3 Stars "a handsome slice of a restaurant...Queen's best steakhouse..." William Jack Degel honors his Godfather, the proprietor of Jack's, a 1930's prohibition-style Victorian speak-easy. At Uncle Jack's, where the motto is "Customer is King,” his legend lives on.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown 56th Street reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)romantic (80)fit for foodies (68)notable wine list (48)neighborhood gem (42)good for groups (38)great for lunch (30)late-night find (18)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- VisitorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Having seen Restaurant Stakeout on our UK televisions my wife and myself wanted to visit an 'Uncle Jacks' steakhouse to see if it was as good as it was advertised. We were not disappointed it as was really first class and well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Uncle Jack'sFamilyShrinkDined on 10/28/2014The filet was tasty and tender. The creamed spinach was outstanding and the garlic potatoes were some of the best I have ever had. My wife ordered the same dish, but shared that her filet tasted like pot roast. She tried my filet and said it was much better and both of us were surprised at how different her meat was than mine. However, the manager and staff were very responsive and she was able to order the salmon. She said it was okay, but my filet was much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014I drove from northern Connecticut to Uncle Jack's in midtown NYC just to take my wife to a special dinner for her 59th birthday. Five hours of total driving and it was well worth the trip. As a physical entity, the restaurant is magnificent. The food is incredible and the wait staff is second to none. A totally unique experience that I will long remember, and I can't wait to go back. We shared a Sunday special which included bread, an appetizer, a salad, and two sides to accompany a 12-oz. steak and 2-pound lobster. It also included desserts and coffee, all for under $100. The price was ridiculous for this kind of classy restaurant, and ALL of it was just perfect -- delicious and cooked perfectly. There's nothing like this in CT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but Expected MoreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Wedding anniversary dinner. Occasion noted on reservation and during confirmation calls. Absolutely no mention made by staff. Special attention lacking. However, meat quality and preparation fabulous, good appetizers & sides, amazing dessert. Just expected exceptional service and at least acknowledgement of our special occasion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Good food, friendly staff, did enjoy a lot, thanksSpecial Features:
- Pricey but GOOD!FOODIEVIPDined on 10/24/2014Overall, a bit pricey but the food, service and the atmosphere was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014The customer service and excellent food makes uncle jacks a must for your next visit to NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014We went for lunch and it was GREAT. The prices for lunch are cheaper than dinner and the portions were the same. The service was the best I have seen in a while compared to other we have dined at.Special Features:
- Wow what a dinnerMartySVIPDined on 10/18/2014I have waned to go for about 6 months our server Rosario was attentive and took great care of us. The manage Michele came over and checked to insure all was up to Willie standards. My steak was cooked perfectly could not have been better. Great job great service I will be back. Even though it was our first time and not our last all employees made us feel like regulars and cared about our service level. I have all ready made my next reservation! Great job team..a credit to caring..........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChicagogirlDined on 10/17/2014It was very good if you are looking for a heavy, old school steakhouse. If you are looking for a unique, foodie experience, go elsewhere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBCBFromSunnyvaleDined on 10/17/2014After seeing Restaurant Stake with Willie Degel I knew I had to visit this restaurant when I traveled to New York City. I was somewhat surprised when I tried to make a reservation on Friday, almost four months in advance to my trip that I had to settle for an 11:30 lunch reservation. When I looked at the menu I saw that I could have gotten a French Dip sandwich for $19 but I opted for the prime filet based on the waiters recommendation. Needless to say I was not disappointed. It had to be the most tenderness steak I have ever eaten. I cut the meat into smaller pieces than I normally do so I could enjoy the flavor as the meat melted in my mouth.Special Features:
- Dinner with my sonJoyceDined on 10/15/2014I loved this restaurant. Our food, drinks and service were unbelievable. We truly enjoyed ourselves. A little pricey but it was worth it. I could on;y afford to do this for a special outing.Special Features:
- As good as we expectedLeighDined on 10/14/2014Avid fans of Restaurant steak out on TV so had to try this out whilst in NYC. Not disappointed at all. The portajouse steak was the best EVER and the staff are what we expected of Willie. Only minor point is the restaurant is quite dark and makes reading the menu a bit tricky.Special Features:
- Wonderful SteakhouseBlondsterDined on 10/12/2014In the heart of the shopping district off Fifth Avenue it is hard to find a nice place to eat. Uncle Jacks is a great place to have a nice meal while resting in between shopping spree's. It has an old world feel with a comfortable atmosphere. The staff is very attentive and service is excellent. Not your standard burger lunch, but an upscale version of an old favorite. Great lunch items.Special Features:
- Classy New York dining experienceSugarlipsDined on 10/11/2014First time at uncle hack's steakhouse and it certainly won't be our last. We had great tasting food, wonderful service and the design of the restaurant made us feel we were out for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to be outstanding!MikecastleDined on 10/10/2014All the great NY steakhouses serve top quality food, but it's the service that puts a restaurant over the top. Uncle Jack's has always been head and shoulders above all in customer service as well as having a great menu and the presentations always to perfection. Paul is the best NY steakhouse bartender there is as well!Special Features:
- IncredibleNurmendDined on 10/8/2014It was a surprising excelen experience, the food, wine and all the staff (all of them) made this an incredible night!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncle Jack'sLauraDined on 10/4/2014We had a great dinner. The staff was wonderful and attentive. Our hostess paid special attention to my food allergies, the wine server gave us the right amount of time to decide and our waitress was wonderful!!! Then the steak was perfect as was the desert. I would highly recommend Unle Jack's steakhouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Our dinning experience was definitely a good one. We came to the restaurant after seeing restaurant stakeout. I will say it definitely did not disappoint us. We are business owners not in this field but we watch the show for management tips. Mr. Willie Degel portrays a certain business type on the show and I will defiantly say that his restaurant is a reflection of that. Custom service was awesome, and the overall experience was worth it.Special Features:
- NiceMCDBDined on 10/4/2014A very nice moment, we enjoyed very much our lunch !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks TonyCantgetNYCofmymindDined on 10/2/2014Tony looked after us really well and was very attentive. A special night.Special Features:
- food disappointingWaltVIPDined on 10/2/2014Filet was dry. Rack of lamb was over cooked. Recommended side was also over cooked.
- Outstanding!clipper5280Dined on 9/30/2014My parents and I had a dinner here. All I want to say is the steak is great. The wine list is impressive. Of course, the service is amazing. If you want to have a good steak in NYC. You should totally try this steakhouse.Special Features:
- Very good foodAnneLDined on 9/29/2014We had the fillet mignon, and it was outstanding. The service was good, the staff clearly knew what they were talking about. We were recommended a local beer that was very good with the chosen food. Nice place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice start, but downhill from theret8teVIPDined on 9/27/2014Cocktail arrived with a bottle cap in it. Likely from the ice bin. When I suggested they should empty the ice bin, I was told it wasn't a broken bottle and the cap must have just fell in...what else fell in? Steak and lamb were both badly overcooked - ordered medium rare, came out medium well to well. Didn't send the lamb back because I didn't like it (too much "stuff" on it) so why bother. The steak came back undercooked and had to be sent back again. When we first got our food, it included French fries. Had to ask 3 times before we finally received ketchup (which should be automatic, shouldn't it?) Sorry, won't be back - a steak house should almost never miss on cooking meat to the correct temperature. They missed 3 times!
- Great food-Great time!Goyanksgo1Dined on 9/27/2014We were in town for Derek Jeter's last home game, we're from Austin,TX but diehard Yankee fans! I used to line in the Bronx. Anyway,back to Uncle Jack's. The steaks were perfect, the sommelier picked a great Cabernet for us,we were never hurried and the bread pudding for dessert was outstanding. This was all a surprise to my wife and she loved it. With the outstanding service and food I don't know why anyone wouldn't come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!NYCBucketListDined on 9/26/2014Uncle Jack's was a fantastic find in NYC. The food was outstanding and the staff working there couldn't be more accommodating. This is the best steakhouse we have eaten at. Sandie really made the visit enjoyable. She was wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJimmycDined on 9/25/2014We found the service, the ambiance and the food to be excellent.....the filet and the tuna were both excellent and cooked superbly....a place to which we will return.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceFloridianDined on 9/25/2014The food is very good, the service is top notch and how nice it was to have a relaxed , quiet dining experience in a great location in Manhattan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good Noise not so muchEsposDined on 9/20/2014This is the second time my wife and I have eaten here. The first time was on New Year's Eve this year (2014) and we had a wonderful time along with a wonderful dinner. This time while the food was just as good, the noise level was much higher making quiet conversation difficult. Also this time service seemed a little slower than it was on New Year's Eve. It took quite a while to get our salad as well as getting the wait person take our dessert order. And while the food was tasty my steal could have been a little warmer. I have a thing about getting hot dood and I was a little disappointed this time around. I would still eat here again.Special Features:
- DisappointedErikDined on 9/19/2014Went to UJ based on the TV show assuming to be dazzled by operations. Got the Rib steak for 2 Medium, came out Medium Rare and closer to Rare near the bone. Ordered a bottle of wine before the meal was served and it took over 20 minutes to get. I would understand if it were rare but it was a CakeBread Chardonay, likely one of the most popular. Very disappointing. May need to do a restaurant stakeout here!Special Features:
- Great serviceJacksDined on 9/17/2014Everything was perfect from the service to the food, the place is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At first...CarrollpicksDined on 9/15/2014At first, I was reluctant to eat here because of the television show hype. Not sure why I'm that way, but I am. However, my customer was adamant about going for that reason alone...so we went, of course. It was absolutely delicious--good job to both the kitchen and server staff for a pleasurable experience...and one HAPPY customer I have on my hands!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewHDVRDined on 9/14/2014Was amazing food and service as always. Delicious drinks and great wine . All steaks for 2 were amazingly tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to the billingphillyphireman49Dined on 9/14/2014Willie Development stresses service and taking care of the guests and they failed to disappoint. Top to bottom unbelievable. We'll be back up from Philly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely amazingProudMamaDined on 9/13/2014The first time we went to Uncle Jacks because our hotel concierge recommended it. We had such amazing service and food that it was the first place we made a reservation for when we traveled back to New York. The service is some of the best I've had and wish there was one in Texas so I could get their filet and garlic mashed potatoes!!Special Features:
- Unable to dineAlmostDined on 9/12/2014I had dinner reservations for Friday September 12, 2014 at 10:00pm I called the restaurant to say I was running several minutes late because of the broadway show Motown. I was told that the restaurant was experienceing some difficulties and was no longer serving dinner. I was eagerly anticipating a nice steak dinner but was disappointedSpecial Features:
- DisappointingzoesmumDined on 9/12/2014Started off good but the main entree took a very long time to come out and the restaurant was not that crowded. Once it arrived, it was not very hot and the steak was not of the quality you would expect at this restaurant. Appetizers, sides, drinks were good. Waitstaff were professional and courteous. Head waiter apologized for delay and gave us complimentary coffee after dinner.
- Great place for steakOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2014One of the best steaks I have ever had (filet) and service was great. FYI, the salads and "side" dishes like garlic mashed potatoes are enough for 2 people unless you like to eat a lot.Special Features:
- Outstanding steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014This place is a must for steak lovers. Made in an absolutely great manner. Pricewise a "little" on the high side,Special Features: