Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown 56th Street
44 West 56th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown 56th Street
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.unclejacks.com/
- Phone: 2122451550x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours: Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm. Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: William Jack Degel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please email Brad@unclejacks.com for private party and catering info.
- Special Events: Uncle Jack’s is now proud to offer all inclusive, 3-course Prix-fixe lunch. Just $29.95. Ask your server or bartender for details. Also consider our weekly specials. Tuesdays: all wines on our list are half price for Lifestyle members. If you aren’t a member, you can become one in an instant! Fridays: Two-For-One Happy Hours from 4-8 PM at the bar for EVERYONE!!! (some exclusions may apply)
A word from Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown 56th Street
The place to meet, eat and enjoy the finer things in life. Specializing in 21 day dry aged USDA Prime meats, Kobe beef, Australian lobster tails and offering a wide array of seafood and wines. Join us for our old world charm and impeccable service. Some of our reviews; The New York Times 3 Stars "This steakhouse leaves no item overlooked...." - Crain's "New York's best pocket-sized steakhouse..." - Daily News 4 Stars "...outstanding service and excellent food that is imaginatively prepared..." - Zagat Survey "Mouth watering steaks...a true gem...a friendly staff..." - "Wine Spectator Award of Excellence" - "5 Star Diamond Award from the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences" - Newsday 3 Stars "a handsome slice of a restaurant...Queen's best steakhouse..." William Jack Degel honors his Godfather, the proprietor of Jack's, a 1930's prohibition-style Victorian speak-easy. At Uncle Jack's, where the motto is "Customer is King,” his legend lives on.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown 56th Street reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)romantic (72)fit for foodies (65)notable wine list (49)neighborhood gem (48)good for groups (42)great for lunch (21)late-night find (14)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- At first...CarrollpicksDined on 9/15/2014At first, I was reluctant to eat here because of the television show hype. Not sure why I'm that way, but I am. However, my customer was adamant about going for that reason alone...so we went, of course. It was absolutely delicious--good job to both the kitchen and server staff for a pleasurable experience...and one HAPPY customer I have on my hands!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Was amazing food and service as always. Delicious drinks and great wine . All steaks for 2 were amazingly tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to the billingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Willie Development stresses service and taking care of the guests and they failed to disappoint. Top to bottom unbelievable. We'll be back up from Philly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unable to dineAlmostDined on 9/12/2014I had dinner reservations for Friday September 12, 2014 at 10:00pm I called the restaurant to say I was running several minutes late because of the broadway show Motown. I was told that the restaurant was experienceing some difficulties and was no longer serving dinner. I was eagerly anticipating a nice steak dinner but was disappointedSpecial Features:
- DisappointingzoesmumDined on 9/12/2014Started off good but the main entree took a very long time to come out and the restaurant was not that crowded. Once it arrived, it was not very hot and the steak was not of the quality you would expect at this restaurant. Appetizers, sides, drinks were good. Waitstaff were professional and courteous. Head waiter apologized for delay and gave us complimentary coffee after dinner.
- Great place for steakOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2014One of the best steaks I have ever had (filet) and service was great. FYI, the salads and "side" dishes like garlic mashed potatoes are enough for 2 people unless you like to eat a lot.Special Features:
- Outstanding steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014This place is a must for steak lovers. Made in an absolutely great manner. Pricewise a "little" on the high side,Special Features:
- Perfect as alwaysKatluvsNYDined on 9/5/2014Second time here and I loved it even more! How is that even possible? We celebrated our 5 year anniversary here and the waiter, Sean, made it all the more special. They bought out wine and cake without us even asking. I was very surprised that the notes in the reservation were read! The food was superb and the restaurant really prides themselves on customer service. The waiters were so friendly and very attentive to our needs. Did I mention, the food was SUPERB ;) and the sides are large enough to share. The entree is a pretty big size too. Second time I took left overs home. It's a bit pricey, that's why we only go on special occasions but it is well worth the wait. Will be here again!!! Thank you.Special Features:
- Always a wonderful experience!WillVIPDined on 9/5/2014We go to Uncle Jack's quite often and always find the food delicious, the service fantastic and the ambience perfect. I am a devoted fan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsRickniteVIPDined on 9/4/2014We have come here several times now. Food is delicious. The steaks are cooked to perfection. The sides are large and could be shared. The service is attentive. Don't know what else to say except try it.Special Features:
- Out of filet?OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/31/2014Was looking forward to a nice filet at a reputable steakhouse. Disappointed when I was told they were out of filets. Ordered the NY strip instead. Got the blue cheese and bacon topping and it was very good. My husband ordered the strip steak medium rare and had to send it back when he received it medium. The caesar salad was excellent, as was the tomato, mozzarella, basil with balsamic (although the basil seemed to get lost in the bed of greens it was served on). Chocolate mousse for dessert was very decadent and was enough for 2 to share since it was so rich. The service started out great, but as the evening went on felt we were forgotten. Overall, the food was good, service was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8/30/14OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014Baked clams – very good; not too salty, good seasoning and sauce; definitely recommend adding lemon on top. Wagyu Kobe Meatballs – incredibly tender and seasoned well. Sauce is a bit heavy and reminds me of a meatloaf gravy. Creamed spinach – the roasted/toasted garlic chips on top makes this a phenomenal side dish. Garlic mash potatoes – a solid choice Bacon mac and cheese – a smoky delight Filet Mignon – very tender and a great choice NY Strip – my personal favorite; always cooked to the right temperature (Quick note; if you are not a fan of the “chared” flavor on the outside of your steaks; let them know) Service – Jose and Joe truly exemplified what customer service is all about. They were personable, attentive, helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- great find!AnneDined on 8/29/2014Great steaks, excellent service and elegant ambience without the snobbish feel. Surprisingly not difficult to reserve a table on a Friday night. Head waiter and the rest of the service staff were excellent. Reason for the 4 stars instead of 5 was the dessert, which was not bad however if you love your dessert, you may want to go somewhere else after you've enjoyed your delicious steak! (we had the apple strudel)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JFS821VIPDined on 8/29/2014Wait Staff Captain Sandie was very knowledgeable about the wine list. She was extremely pleasant and particularly attentive. Her staff was trained very well, too. The excellence of the Wait Staff coupled with the perfectly cooked steaks and sides made for an extraordinary dining experience. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unevendiscerningDined on 8/29/2014First time we ate at Uncle Jack's we were happy to find a good alternative to the older first tier Manhattan steak houses (Palm, Sparks, Pietro's) which are very consistent from dinner to dinner. Second time salads not as crisp or good, and steak though asked for medium rare was much closer to medium. I would try again, but in recommending to others would describe exactly this waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner2niteDined on 8/28/2014The staff was very attentive to us. We were very well informed about the menu. The food was very good and the wine was too. We were treated to a candle in our dessert sampler for our anniversary celebration.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceAndyDined on 8/27/2014I have been to more than a few Steak Houses in NY- I rank Uncle Jack's as one of the best if not the best.Special Features:
- Good food and great servicelolstarVIPDined on 8/26/2014My husband and I went for dinner and we ordered the porterhouse for two, creamed spinach, and broccoli. It was very good. The waiters were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday at Uncle Jack'sNJREFDined on 8/24/2014Went to Uncle Jack's midtown on a Sunday evening. We had the $99 Sunday special, what a great Surf and Turf deal. Like many we went to see if the service lived up to the hype and it did. Richie at the bar was the consummate Manhattan bartender, a true professional. Dinner service was excellent, attentive but not intrusive. While it was my wife's birthday I did not make any special requests, however they overheard our conversation and treated us to an after dinner drink. Wine list was very good and reasonably priced. The staff made us want to go back.Special Features:
- linsykDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I have absolutely nothing bad/questionable to say about Uncle Jack's. The food was cooked to perfection and the service could not have been any better.Special Features:
- Great steak!!dottieDined on 8/21/2014the staff were very attentive and the food was fantastic,there was just so much of it that we couldn't finish it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epic FailUpperEastSideGirlVIPDined on 8/21/2014They offered a $100 for $200 groupon and after we ordered they told us we needed to order off a special menu. They don't know what a $100 for $200 groupon is!! Anyway, they sort of gave us a $100 credit to fix things. The food was fair but not to the level you'd expect from a NYC Steakhouse. Don't let the waiter convince you the food is phenomenal - he said so to every table he captained. And the service is poor. No one offered dessert or coffee until we loudly expressed surprise that it hadn't been offered. They then offered it on the house. Don't bother whether paying the full bill or using a groupon. What a waste! But my dog loved the leftovers....he'll eat anything.
- Another groupon gone right !OzoneSalDined on 8/20/2014Thank you , not cheap but with a groupon you don't mind shelling out 100 dollar in additionals ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoachcoachDined on 8/20/2014Dinner was excellent. Shrimp cocktail (app) and filet mignon were top quality. As always, service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and great serviceTigerfoodieDined on 8/20/2014Two colleagues and I ate at Uncle Jack's this past Wednesday night. A last minute reservation was easy to acquire via Open Table. The staff was very attentive and accommodating. The food was very good. I had the ribeye (Fred Flintstone) and it was cooked to perfection. I had the crab cakes as an app and they were very good, but not the best I've ever had. Still, they were good. We shared sides of sauteed mushrooms, asparagus, and garlic mashed potatoes for side dishes. They were good, but nothing spectacular. If I had one complaint, it was that the food actually came out too quickly. If we were going to a show, then it would have been perfect. Our case was that we had nowhere to be afterward and wanted to discuss business.Special Features:
- great eveningTonyainMIDined on 8/19/2014We had a great evening. Andrew & Andre were very attentive, and very accommodating.Special Features:
- Great food and service!!!travelinurse4uDined on 8/17/2014We have always wanted to try this restaurant since "restaurant stakeout" starring its founder. A "groupon" finally made it affordable featuring their prix-fixe menu. After a mediocre bread basket we ordered the crabcake appetizer. It was stuffed with crab and very little filler in a yummy sauce. For our main course we chose a 10 ounce cooked to perfection medium rare filet mignon. The main meal comes with creamy spinach and mashed potatoes to share which were both tasty. Plates are warmed and everything comes out at perfect temperature. Dessert was a trio of good selects. Most notable was the service! We felt well taken care of even though we had a coupon, and tipped well on the full price as always. Great wine list as well...Kudos!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouse. Amazing service.UrbnVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was delicious and satisfying. The decor...a bit dated, but it's fine. What stands out is the service. They practically fell all over themselves to make sure we were taken care of. The whole wait staff, from Maitre D to bus people, were friendly, efficient, and fun. This is a great restaurant for tourists wandering 5th Avenue or pre-theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A superb dinner & great eveningMjHReviewVIPDined on 8/15/2014Dinner was fantastic; the food was superb and the service was excellent. I went for my birthday and Tony made sure that everything was perfect and they went over the top to help me celebrate. They exceeded all expectations! Willie practices what he preaches and runs a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite NY Steak HouseDavidAdelmanDined on 8/15/2014In a city filled with great steakhouses this one tops them all. Unquestionably the best service and mouthwatering steaks. You cannot leave this place unhappy or unfilled. Very accommodating for people with food allergies like me. I always order the filet, which is billed as 10 oz but has to be bigger. Sides are more than enough for two. Great bar too.Special Features:
- Great, as usual.MMC001VIPDined on 8/15/2014We always visit Uncle Jack's when in NYC. Never had a bad experience. Food was great, service as well. Had a nice meal, and will definitely continue this tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right in my back yardJumbalyathebestDined on 8/14/2014Who knew ... What a gem of a resturant.. In the midst of Manhattan, a bright star .... I am a NYer all my life ..WHO KNEW .. but now I do ... This was our 1st but definately not our lastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BACONOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014This was my first visit at Uncle jack's. I had seen the show then was given an amazing recomendation for my wedding anniversay. the staff was VERY attentive and that was impressive. The steaks were very good. Great Char and quality was amazing. The Bacon appitizer stole the show! If you like bacon and even if you only kinda like bacon... try this. unbeliveable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Treated like a regular with courtesy and respect. Thanks Sean. You helped make a special treat even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks!BiklesVIPDined on 8/13/2014This was my first time at Uncle Jack's and I was not sure what to expect. I found the strip steak with its char to be absolutely delicious! The sides of garlic mash potatoes and creamed spinach were also very good. I was not so impressed with the appetizers. We had meatballs and lamb chops that were mushy and warm and mediocre crab cakes. For dessert, the pecan pie was very good but I was not impressed with the tiramisu. I was quite impressed with the service - our waiter was great and our glasses were always filled without us even noticing it. I would have given Uncle Jack's a higher rating of 5 if the appetizers were better prepared. I will give it another try and see if this was just an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in NYILM34Dined on 8/9/2014I have tried several different steak restaurants in Manhattan. Uncle Jack's is now my favorite place to go. Because of the people work there, it is good for both business as well as family dinner with kids. Food is great and service is great. If you are in the midtown and like steak, no need to search for a second option.Special Features:
- ClairernDined on 8/9/2014Everyone was pleasant and accomodating; they made us feel like we were the only ones there! Service was beyond excellent! Food was delicious, the atmosphere was beautiful. I would definitely go back, and have already recommended this place to others! Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- liked it a lotsonechkaDined on 8/9/2014Our first time at this restaurant and definitely not last. The food was delicious. Steak perfectly cooked, juicy and sides are really good, we had asparagus and sweet potato fries. For desert we ordered chocolate mouse, and God bless the chef, it was something unforgettable. As for the service, we had just enough attention to feel ourselves welcome and not to be annoyed by all the personal around around us. The wine list not the best , but ok. The only complain we can say is for the glasses, they are the exact same for water and for wine. So, since we had white wine, at some point our waiter poured water into wine and wine into water. It was kind of funny, but weird for a restaurant like this one. But overall it was great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Impeccable, Steaks Not muchJoeGDined on 8/9/2014The service at Uncle Jacks was fantastic, I can't say enough about it. For a steak house though, the steak were rather run of the mill and certainly not what my wife expected from New York's Best Steakhouse. My wife had to return her strip as it was full of Gristle and tough. My steak was just ok but nothing to recommend it. Perhaps the other cuts were up to higher standards, but I can only comment on what we had. As I said earlier, the service was probably the best I have seen at any restaurant I have ever been at. Uncle Jacks service has been top rate at any of the Uncle Jacks we have eaten at.
- Nice night outSMALMANJDined on 8/8/2014We have been to a lot of steakhouses and Uncle Jack's rates right up there with the others. Sean was an very attentive/friendly Captain. A nice night out.