Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown 56th Street
44 West 56th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown 56th Street
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.unclejacks.com/
- Phone: 2122451550x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours: Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm. Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: William Jack Degel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please email Brad@unclejacks.com for private party and catering info.
- Special Events: Uncle Jack’s is now proud to offer all inclusive, 3-course Prix-fixe lunch. Just $29.95. Ask your server or bartender for details. Also consider our weekly specials. Tuesdays: all wines on our list are half price for Lifestyle members. If you aren’t a member, you can become one in an instant! Fridays: Two-For-One Happy Hours from 4-8 PM at the bar for EVERYONE!!! (some exclusions may apply)
A word from Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown 56th Street
The place to meet, eat and enjoy the finer things in life. Specializing in 21 day dry aged USDA Prime meats, Kobe beef, Australian lobster tails and offering a wide array of seafood and wines. Join us for our old world charm and impeccable service. Some of our reviews; The New York Times 3 Stars "This steakhouse leaves no item overlooked...." - Crain's "New York's best pocket-sized steakhouse..." - Daily News 4 Stars "...outstanding service and excellent food that is imaginatively prepared..." - Zagat Survey "Mouth watering steaks...a true gem...a friendly staff..." - "Wine Spectator Award of Excellence" - "5 Star Diamond Award from the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences" - Newsday 3 Stars "a handsome slice of a restaurant...Queen's best steakhouse..." William Jack Degel honors his Godfather, the proprietor of Jack's, a 1930's prohibition-style Victorian speak-easy. At Uncle Jack's, where the motto is "Customer is King,” his legend lives on.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown 56th Street reviews from OpenTable diners
190 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (115)romantic (66)fit for foodies (59)notable wine list (48)neighborhood gem (47)good for groups (37)great for lunch (22)hot spot (14)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Great steaks, excellent service and elegant ambience without the snobbish feel. Surprisingly not difficult to reserve a table on a Friday night. Head waiter and the rest of the service staff were excellent. Reason for the 4 stars instead of 5 was the dessert, which was not bad however if you love your dessert, you may want to go somewhere else after you've enjoyed your delicious steak! (we had the apple strudel)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JFS821VIPDined on 8/29/2014Wait Staff Captain Sandie was very knowledgeable about the wine list. She was extremely pleasant and particularly attentive. Her staff was trained very well, too. The excellence of the Wait Staff coupled with the perfectly cooked steaks and sides made for an extraordinary dining experience. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unevenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014First time we ate at Uncle Jack's we were happy to find a good alternative to the older first tier Manhattan steak houses (Palm, Sparks, Pietro's) which are very consistent from dinner to dinner. Second time salads not as crisp or good, and steak though asked for medium rare was much closer to medium. I would try again, but in recommending to others would describe exactly this waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The staff was very attentive to us. We were very well informed about the menu. The food was very good and the wine was too. We were treated to a candle in our dessert sampler for our anniversary celebration.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014I have been to more than a few Steak Houses in NY- I rank Uncle Jack's as one of the best if not the best.Special Features:
- Good food and great servicelolstarVIPDined on 8/26/2014My husband and I went for dinner and we ordered the porterhouse for two, creamed spinach, and broccoli. It was very good. The waiters were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday at Uncle Jack'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Went to Uncle Jack's midtown on a Sunday evening. We had the $99 Sunday special, what a great Surf and Turf deal. Like many we went to see if the service lived up to the hype and it did. Richie at the bar was the consummate Manhattan bartender, a true professional. Dinner service was excellent, attentive but not intrusive. While it was my wife's birthday I did not make any special requests, however they overheard our conversation and treated us to an after dinner drink. Wine list was very good and reasonably priced. The staff made us want to go back.Special Features:
- linsykDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I have absolutely nothing bad/questionable to say about Uncle Jack's. The food was cooked to perfection and the service could not have been any better.Special Features:
- Great steak!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014the staff were very attentive and the food was fantastic,there was just so much of it that we couldn't finish it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epic FailUpperEastSideGirlVIPDined on 8/21/2014They offered a $100 for $200 groupon and after we ordered they told us we needed to order off a special menu. They don't know what a $100 for $200 groupon is!! Anyway, they sort of gave us a $100 credit to fix things. The food was fair but not to the level you'd expect from a NYC Steakhouse. Don't let the waiter convince you the food is phenomenal - he said so to every table he captained. And the service is poor. No one offered dessert or coffee until we loudly expressed surprise that it hadn't been offered. They then offered it on the house. Don't bother whether paying the full bill or using a groupon. What a waste! But my dog loved the leftovers....he'll eat anything.
- Another groupon gone right !OzoneSalDined on 8/20/2014Thank you , not cheap but with a groupon you don't mind shelling out 100 dollar in additionals ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoachcoachDined on 8/20/2014Dinner was excellent. Shrimp cocktail (app) and filet mignon were top quality. As always, service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and great serviceTigerfoodieDined on 8/20/2014Two colleagues and I ate at Uncle Jack's this past Wednesday night. A last minute reservation was easy to acquire via Open Table. The staff was very attentive and accommodating. The food was very good. I had the ribeye (Fred Flintstone) and it was cooked to perfection. I had the crab cakes as an app and they were very good, but not the best I've ever had. Still, they were good. We shared sides of sauteed mushrooms, asparagus, and garlic mashed potatoes for side dishes. They were good, but nothing spectacular. If I had one complaint, it was that the food actually came out too quickly. If we were going to a show, then it would have been perfect. Our case was that we had nowhere to be afterward and wanted to discuss business.Special Features:
- great eveningTonyainMIDined on 8/19/2014We had a great evening. Andrew & Andre were very attentive, and very accommodating.Special Features:
- Great food and service!!!travelinurse4uDined on 8/17/2014We have always wanted to try this restaurant since "restaurant stakeout" starring its founder. A "groupon" finally made it affordable featuring their prix-fixe menu. After a mediocre bread basket we ordered the crabcake appetizer. It was stuffed with crab and very little filler in a yummy sauce. For our main course we chose a 10 ounce cooked to perfection medium rare filet mignon. The main meal comes with creamy spinach and mashed potatoes to share which were both tasty. Plates are warmed and everything comes out at perfect temperature. Dessert was a trio of good selects. Most notable was the service! We felt well taken care of even though we had a coupon, and tipped well on the full price as always. Great wine list as well...Kudos!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouse. Amazing service.UrbnVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was delicious and satisfying. The decor...a bit dated, but it's fine. What stands out is the service. They practically fell all over themselves to make sure we were taken care of. The whole wait staff, from Maitre D to bus people, were friendly, efficient, and fun. This is a great restaurant for tourists wandering 5th Avenue or pre-theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A superb dinner & great eveningMjHReviewVIPDined on 8/15/2014Dinner was fantastic; the food was superb and the service was excellent. I went for my birthday and Tony made sure that everything was perfect and they went over the top to help me celebrate. They exceeded all expectations! Willie practices what he preaches and runs a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite NY Steak HouseDavidAdelmanDined on 8/15/2014In a city filled with great steakhouses this one tops them all. Unquestionably the best service and mouthwatering steaks. You cannot leave this place unhappy or unfilled. Very accommodating for people with food allergies like me. I always order the filet, which is billed as 10 oz but has to be bigger. Sides are more than enough for two. Great bar too.Special Features:
- Great, as usual.MMC001VIPDined on 8/15/2014We always visit Uncle Jack's when in NYC. Never had a bad experience. Food was great, service as well. Had a nice meal, and will definitely continue this tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right in my back yardJumbalyathebestDined on 8/14/2014Who knew ... What a gem of a resturant.. In the midst of Manhattan, a bright star .... I am a NYer all my life ..WHO KNEW .. but now I do ... This was our 1st but definately not our lastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BACONOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014This was my first visit at Uncle jack's. I had seen the show then was given an amazing recomendation for my wedding anniversay. the staff was VERY attentive and that was impressive. The steaks were very good. Great Char and quality was amazing. The Bacon appitizer stole the show! If you like bacon and even if you only kinda like bacon... try this. unbeliveable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Treated like a regular with courtesy and respect. Thanks Sean. You helped make a special treat even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks!BiklesVIPDined on 8/13/2014This was my first time at Uncle Jack's and I was not sure what to expect. I found the strip steak with its char to be absolutely delicious! The sides of garlic mash potatoes and creamed spinach were also very good. I was not so impressed with the appetizers. We had meatballs and lamb chops that were mushy and warm and mediocre crab cakes. For dessert, the pecan pie was very good but I was not impressed with the tiramisu. I was quite impressed with the service - our waiter was great and our glasses were always filled without us even noticing it. I would have given Uncle Jack's a higher rating of 5 if the appetizers were better prepared. I will give it another try and see if this was just an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in NYILM34Dined on 8/9/2014I have tried several different steak restaurants in Manhattan. Uncle Jack's is now my favorite place to go. Because of the people work there, it is good for both business as well as family dinner with kids. Food is great and service is great. If you are in the midtown and like steak, no need to search for a second option.Special Features:
- ClairernDined on 8/9/2014Everyone was pleasant and accomodating; they made us feel like we were the only ones there! Service was beyond excellent! Food was delicious, the atmosphere was beautiful. I would definitely go back, and have already recommended this place to others! Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- liked it a lotsonechkaDined on 8/9/2014Our first time at this restaurant and definitely not last. The food was delicious. Steak perfectly cooked, juicy and sides are really good, we had asparagus and sweet potato fries. For desert we ordered chocolate mouse, and God bless the chef, it was something unforgettable. As for the service, we had just enough attention to feel ourselves welcome and not to be annoyed by all the personal around around us. The wine list not the best , but ok. The only complain we can say is for the glasses, they are the exact same for water and for wine. So, since we had white wine, at some point our waiter poured water into wine and wine into water. It was kind of funny, but weird for a restaurant like this one. But overall it was great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Impeccable, Steaks Not muchJoeGDined on 8/9/2014The service at Uncle Jacks was fantastic, I can't say enough about it. For a steak house though, the steak were rather run of the mill and certainly not what my wife expected from New York's Best Steakhouse. My wife had to return her strip as it was full of Gristle and tough. My steak was just ok but nothing to recommend it. Perhaps the other cuts were up to higher standards, but I can only comment on what we had. As I said earlier, the service was probably the best I have seen at any restaurant I have ever been at. Uncle Jacks service has been top rate at any of the Uncle Jacks we have eaten at.
- Nice night outSMALMANJDined on 8/8/2014We have been to a lot of steakhouses and Uncle Jack's rates right up there with the others. Sean was an very attentive/friendly Captain. A nice night out.
- uesfoodieJSW228VIPDined on 8/7/2014Delicious. I love this place - all the food is really really delicious. Service is excellent and your'e always made to feel comfortable and welcome. Like an old friend. I highly recommend it. If you love red meat, they do an excellent job and everything else is equally delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceDiverSpenceDined on 8/6/2014Our experience at Uncle Jacks Steakhouse was excellent, the food was delicious and the service was top notch. Our waiter Wilson went above and beyond our expectations. We ordered three desserts for our party of six and we received our desserts plus a tasting of three other desserts. We will definitely come back to Uncle Jacks in the future. Thank you very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best steakhouse in NYBoigs1Dined on 8/6/2014The first tip off should have been the banners hanging outside touting Uncle Jack's as "The Best Steakhouse in New York". If you're great, be that, you don't have to advertise that. The service was polite, but I suppose the two young waiters were new; messed up my drink order twice. I prefer my wait staff to be wearing butcher jackets with five year service stars on their lapel pockets. As expensive as any other steakhouse in New York, I'll stick with Sparks, BLT Steak or Smith & Wollensky in the future.
- A GemDineoutalotVIPDined on 8/5/2014Uncle Jack's is a gem. Great food, superb service, excellent wine list.Special Features:
- CarolynVIPDined on 8/3/2014I still have not received my points The pulled pork was deliciousSpecial Features:
- Just as expected...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Outstanding service and delicious food. A perfect evening!Special Features:
- FoodluvrDined on 7/28/2014This place was wonderful. Knew what kind of drinks to make us, and our server Captain was the Best!! You should ask for him, and definitely try the crab cake appetizer. They were the best crab cakes I have had. The steaks have a slight char burn on them for flavor, which i was hesitant on. But I got au poivre sauce that paired perfectly with it. The only downside was my water glass was not getting refilled by his backup, and kept getting overlooked by both, until i had to ask. But it happens sometimes. All in all.. a wonderful evening, and our daughter loved the five cheese mac and garlic mashed potatoes.Special Features:
- Fabulous food and friendlyMikeyDined on 7/27/2014To be honest, not what we were expecting. We went here as it's owned by Willie (famous for Restaurant Stakeout TV series) who is a larger than life character. So we we're expecting a boisterous and bustling restaurant but this is the exact opposite, very quiet and sophisticated. Having said that,we had a great time. The food and service was world class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBiancoDined on 7/26/2014Everything was superb at this restaurant. The service, the food, the decor. Cannot say one negative thing about it. The filet was the best I ever eaten. The service from all was impeccable! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the delicious food and great service. We will definitely come back and highly recommend it.Special Features:
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Never enjoyed a meal more. From the lobster cocktail, to the porterhouse for 2, through awesome sides, to the creme brûlée on to the baileys and Coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theater DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/25/2014We came for dinner before a play with another couple and our food came in plenty of time. It was all delicious.