Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown 56th Street
44 West 56th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown 56th Street
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.unclejacks.com/
- Phone: 2122451550x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours: Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm. Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: William Jack Degel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please email Brad@unclejacks.com for private party and catering info.
- Special Events: Uncle Jack’s is now proud to offer all inclusive, 3-course Prix-fixe lunch. Just $29.95. Ask your server or bartender for details. Also consider our weekly specials. Tuesdays: all wines on our list are half price for Lifestyle members. If you aren’t a member, you can become one in an instant! Fridays: Two-For-One Happy Hours from 4-8 PM at the bar for EVERYONE!!! (some exclusions may apply)
A word from Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown 56th Street
The place to meet, eat and enjoy the finer things in life. Specializing in 21 day dry aged USDA Prime meats, Kobe beef, Australian lobster tails and offering a wide array of seafood and wines. Join us for our old world charm and impeccable service. Some of our reviews; The New York Times 3 Stars "This steakhouse leaves no item overlooked...." - Crain's "New York's best pocket-sized steakhouse..." - Daily News 4 Stars "...outstanding service and excellent food that is imaginatively prepared..." - Zagat Survey "Mouth watering steaks...a true gem...a friendly staff..." - "Wine Spectator Award of Excellence" - "5 Star Diamond Award from the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences" - Newsday 3 Stars "a handsome slice of a restaurant...Queen's best steakhouse..." William Jack Degel honors his Godfather, the proprietor of Jack's, a 1930's prohibition-style Victorian speak-easy. At Uncle Jack's, where the motto is "Customer is King,” his legend lives on.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown 56th Street reviews from OpenTable diners
197 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (112)romantic (75)fit for foodies (70)notable wine list (47)neighborhood gem (46)good for groups (43)great for lunch (24)late-night find (14)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nice start, but downhill from theret8teVIPDined on 9/27/2014Cocktail arrived with a bottle cap in it. Likely from the ice bin. When I suggested they should empty the ice bin, I was told it wasn't a broken bottle and the cap must have just fell in...what else fell in? Steak and lamb were both badly overcooked - ordered medium rare, came out medium well to well. Didn't send the lamb back because I didn't like it (too much "stuff" on it) so why bother. The steak came back undercooked and had to be sent back again. When we first got our food, it included French fries. Had to ask 3 times before we finally received ketchup (which should be automatic, shouldn't it?) Sorry, won't be back - a steak house should almost never miss on cooking meat to the correct temperature. They missed 3 times!
- Great food-Great time!Goyanksgo1Dined on 9/27/2014We were in town for Derek Jeter's last home game, we're from Austin,TX but diehard Yankee fans! I used to line in the Bronx. Anyway,back to Uncle Jack's. The steaks were perfect, the sommelier picked a great Cabernet for us,we were never hurried and the bread pudding for dessert was outstanding. This was all a surprise to my wife and she loved it. With the outstanding service and food I don't know why anyone wouldn't come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!NYCBucketListDined on 9/26/2014Uncle Jack's was a fantastic find in NYC. The food was outstanding and the staff working there couldn't be more accommodating. This is the best steakhouse we have eaten at. Sandie really made the visit enjoyable. She was wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJimmycDined on 9/25/2014We found the service, the ambiance and the food to be excellent.....the filet and the tuna were both excellent and cooked superbly....a place to which we will return.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceFloridianDined on 9/25/2014The food is very good, the service is top notch and how nice it was to have a relaxed , quiet dining experience in a great location in Manhattan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good Noise not so muchEsposDined on 9/20/2014This is the second time my wife and I have eaten here. The first time was on New Year's Eve this year (2014) and we had a wonderful time along with a wonderful dinner. This time while the food was just as good, the noise level was much higher making quiet conversation difficult. Also this time service seemed a little slower than it was on New Year's Eve. It took quite a while to get our salad as well as getting the wait person take our dessert order. And while the food was tasty my steal could have been a little warmer. I have a thing about getting hot dood and I was a little disappointed this time around. I would still eat here again.Special Features:
- DisappointedErikDined on 9/19/2014Went to UJ based on the TV show assuming to be dazzled by operations. Got the Rib steak for 2 Medium, came out Medium Rare and closer to Rare near the bone. Ordered a bottle of wine before the meal was served and it took over 20 minutes to get. I would understand if it were rare but it was a CakeBread Chardonay, likely one of the most popular. Very disappointing. May need to do a restaurant stakeout here!Special Features:
- Great serviceJacksDined on 9/17/2014Everything was perfect from the service to the food, the place is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At first...CarrollpicksDined on 9/15/2014At first, I was reluctant to eat here because of the television show hype. Not sure why I'm that way, but I am. However, my customer was adamant about going for that reason alone...so we went, of course. It was absolutely delicious--good job to both the kitchen and server staff for a pleasurable experience...and one HAPPY customer I have on my hands!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewHDVRDined on 9/14/2014Was amazing food and service as always. Delicious drinks and great wine . All steaks for 2 were amazingly tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to the billingphillyphireman49Dined on 9/14/2014Willie Development stresses service and taking care of the guests and they failed to disappoint. Top to bottom unbelievable. We'll be back up from Philly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unable to dineAlmostDined on 9/12/2014I had dinner reservations for Friday September 12, 2014 at 10:00pm I called the restaurant to say I was running several minutes late because of the broadway show Motown. I was told that the restaurant was experienceing some difficulties and was no longer serving dinner. I was eagerly anticipating a nice steak dinner but was disappointedSpecial Features:
- DisappointingzoesmumDined on 9/12/2014Started off good but the main entree took a very long time to come out and the restaurant was not that crowded. Once it arrived, it was not very hot and the steak was not of the quality you would expect at this restaurant. Appetizers, sides, drinks were good. Waitstaff were professional and courteous. Head waiter apologized for delay and gave us complimentary coffee after dinner.
- Great place for steakOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2014One of the best steaks I have ever had (filet) and service was great. FYI, the salads and "side" dishes like garlic mashed potatoes are enough for 2 people unless you like to eat a lot.Special Features:
- Outstanding steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014This place is a must for steak lovers. Made in an absolutely great manner. Pricewise a "little" on the high side,Special Features:
- Perfect as alwaysKatluvsNYDined on 9/5/2014Second time here and I loved it even more! How is that even possible? We celebrated our 5 year anniversary here and the waiter, Sean, made it all the more special. They bought out wine and cake without us even asking. I was very surprised that the notes in the reservation were read! The food was superb and the restaurant really prides themselves on customer service. The waiters were so friendly and very attentive to our needs. Did I mention, the food was SUPERB ;) and the sides are large enough to share. The entree is a pretty big size too. Second time I took left overs home. It's a bit pricey, that's why we only go on special occasions but it is well worth the wait. Will be here again!!! Thank you.Special Features:
- Always a wonderful experience!WillVIPDined on 9/5/2014We go to Uncle Jack's quite often and always find the food delicious, the service fantastic and the ambience perfect. I am a devoted fan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsRickniteVIPDined on 9/4/2014We have come here several times now. Food is delicious. The steaks are cooked to perfection. The sides are large and could be shared. The service is attentive. Don't know what else to say except try it.Special Features:
- Out of filet?OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/31/2014Was looking forward to a nice filet at a reputable steakhouse. Disappointed when I was told they were out of filets. Ordered the NY strip instead. Got the blue cheese and bacon topping and it was very good. My husband ordered the strip steak medium rare and had to send it back when he received it medium. The caesar salad was excellent, as was the tomato, mozzarella, basil with balsamic (although the basil seemed to get lost in the bed of greens it was served on). Chocolate mousse for dessert was very decadent and was enough for 2 to share since it was so rich. The service started out great, but as the evening went on felt we were forgotten. Overall, the food was good, service was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8/30/14OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014Baked clams – very good; not too salty, good seasoning and sauce; definitely recommend adding lemon on top. Wagyu Kobe Meatballs – incredibly tender and seasoned well. Sauce is a bit heavy and reminds me of a meatloaf gravy. Creamed spinach – the roasted/toasted garlic chips on top makes this a phenomenal side dish. Garlic mash potatoes – a solid choice Bacon mac and cheese – a smoky delight Filet Mignon – very tender and a great choice NY Strip – my personal favorite; always cooked to the right temperature (Quick note; if you are not a fan of the “chared” flavor on the outside of your steaks; let them know) Service – Jose and Joe truly exemplified what customer service is all about. They were personable, attentive, helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- great find!AnneDined on 8/29/2014Great steaks, excellent service and elegant ambience without the snobbish feel. Surprisingly not difficult to reserve a table on a Friday night. Head waiter and the rest of the service staff were excellent. Reason for the 4 stars instead of 5 was the dessert, which was not bad however if you love your dessert, you may want to go somewhere else after you've enjoyed your delicious steak! (we had the apple strudel)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JFS821VIPDined on 8/29/2014Wait Staff Captain Sandie was very knowledgeable about the wine list. She was extremely pleasant and particularly attentive. Her staff was trained very well, too. The excellence of the Wait Staff coupled with the perfectly cooked steaks and sides made for an extraordinary dining experience. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unevendiscerningDined on 8/29/2014First time we ate at Uncle Jack's we were happy to find a good alternative to the older first tier Manhattan steak houses (Palm, Sparks, Pietro's) which are very consistent from dinner to dinner. Second time salads not as crisp or good, and steak though asked for medium rare was much closer to medium. I would try again, but in recommending to others would describe exactly this waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner2niteDined on 8/28/2014The staff was very attentive to us. We were very well informed about the menu. The food was very good and the wine was too. We were treated to a candle in our dessert sampler for our anniversary celebration.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceAndyDined on 8/27/2014I have been to more than a few Steak Houses in NY- I rank Uncle Jack's as one of the best if not the best.Special Features:
- Good food and great servicelolstarVIPDined on 8/26/2014My husband and I went for dinner and we ordered the porterhouse for two, creamed spinach, and broccoli. It was very good. The waiters were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday at Uncle Jack'sNJREFDined on 8/24/2014Went to Uncle Jack's midtown on a Sunday evening. We had the $99 Sunday special, what a great Surf and Turf deal. Like many we went to see if the service lived up to the hype and it did. Richie at the bar was the consummate Manhattan bartender, a true professional. Dinner service was excellent, attentive but not intrusive. While it was my wife's birthday I did not make any special requests, however they overheard our conversation and treated us to an after dinner drink. Wine list was very good and reasonably priced. The staff made us want to go back.Special Features:
- linsykDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I have absolutely nothing bad/questionable to say about Uncle Jack's. The food was cooked to perfection and the service could not have been any better.Special Features:
- Great steak!!dottieDined on 8/21/2014the staff were very attentive and the food was fantastic,there was just so much of it that we couldn't finish it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epic FailUpperEastSideGirlVIPDined on 8/21/2014They offered a $100 for $200 groupon and after we ordered they told us we needed to order off a special menu. They don't know what a $100 for $200 groupon is!! Anyway, they sort of gave us a $100 credit to fix things. The food was fair but not to the level you'd expect from a NYC Steakhouse. Don't let the waiter convince you the food is phenomenal - he said so to every table he captained. And the service is poor. No one offered dessert or coffee until we loudly expressed surprise that it hadn't been offered. They then offered it on the house. Don't bother whether paying the full bill or using a groupon. What a waste! But my dog loved the leftovers....he'll eat anything.
- Another groupon gone right !OzoneSalDined on 8/20/2014Thank you , not cheap but with a groupon you don't mind shelling out 100 dollar in additionals ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoachcoachDined on 8/20/2014Dinner was excellent. Shrimp cocktail (app) and filet mignon were top quality. As always, service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and great serviceTigerfoodieDined on 8/20/2014Two colleagues and I ate at Uncle Jack's this past Wednesday night. A last minute reservation was easy to acquire via Open Table. The staff was very attentive and accommodating. The food was very good. I had the ribeye (Fred Flintstone) and it was cooked to perfection. I had the crab cakes as an app and they were very good, but not the best I've ever had. Still, they were good. We shared sides of sauteed mushrooms, asparagus, and garlic mashed potatoes for side dishes. They were good, but nothing spectacular. If I had one complaint, it was that the food actually came out too quickly. If we were going to a show, then it would have been perfect. Our case was that we had nowhere to be afterward and wanted to discuss business.Special Features:
- great eveningTonyainMIDined on 8/19/2014We had a great evening. Andrew & Andre were very attentive, and very accommodating.Special Features:
- Great food and service!!!travelinurse4uDined on 8/17/2014We have always wanted to try this restaurant since "restaurant stakeout" starring its founder. A "groupon" finally made it affordable featuring their prix-fixe menu. After a mediocre bread basket we ordered the crabcake appetizer. It was stuffed with crab and very little filler in a yummy sauce. For our main course we chose a 10 ounce cooked to perfection medium rare filet mignon. The main meal comes with creamy spinach and mashed potatoes to share which were both tasty. Plates are warmed and everything comes out at perfect temperature. Dessert was a trio of good selects. Most notable was the service! We felt well taken care of even though we had a coupon, and tipped well on the full price as always. Great wine list as well...Kudos!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouse. Amazing service.UrbnVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was delicious and satisfying. The decor...a bit dated, but it's fine. What stands out is the service. They practically fell all over themselves to make sure we were taken care of. The whole wait staff, from Maitre D to bus people, were friendly, efficient, and fun. This is a great restaurant for tourists wandering 5th Avenue or pre-theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A superb dinner & great eveningMjHReviewVIPDined on 8/15/2014Dinner was fantastic; the food was superb and the service was excellent. I went for my birthday and Tony made sure that everything was perfect and they went over the top to help me celebrate. They exceeded all expectations! Willie practices what he preaches and runs a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite NY Steak HouseDavidAdelmanDined on 8/15/2014In a city filled with great steakhouses this one tops them all. Unquestionably the best service and mouthwatering steaks. You cannot leave this place unhappy or unfilled. Very accommodating for people with food allergies like me. I always order the filet, which is billed as 10 oz but has to be bigger. Sides are more than enough for two. Great bar too.Special Features:
- Great, as usual.MMC001VIPDined on 8/15/2014We always visit Uncle Jack's when in NYC. Never had a bad experience. Food was great, service as well. Had a nice meal, and will definitely continue this tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right in my back yardJumbalyathebestDined on 8/14/2014Who knew ... What a gem of a resturant.. In the midst of Manhattan, a bright star .... I am a NYer all my life ..WHO KNEW .. but now I do ... This was our 1st but definately not our lastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.