Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown 56th Street
44 West 56th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown 56th Street
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.unclejacks.com/
- Phone: (212) 245-1550
- Hours of Operation:
Hours: Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm. Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: William Jack Degel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please email Brad@unclejacks.com for private party and catering info.
- Special Events: Uncle Jack’s is now proud to offer all inclusive, 3-course Prix-fixe lunch. Just $29.95. Ask your server or bartender for details. Also consider our weekly specials. Tuesdays: all wines on our list are half price for Lifestyle members. If you aren’t a member, you can become one in an instant! Fridays: Two-For-One Happy Hours from 4-8 PM at the bar for EVERYONE!!! (some exclusions may apply)
A word from Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown 56th Street
The place to meet, eat and enjoy the finer things in life. Specializing in 21 day dry aged USDA Prime meats, Kobe beef, Australian lobster tails and offering a wide array of seafood and wines. Join us for our old world charm and impeccable service. Some of our reviews; The New York Times 3 Stars "This steakhouse leaves no item overlooked...." - Crain's "New York's best pocket-sized steakhouse..." - Daily News 4 Stars "...outstanding service and excellent food that is imaginatively prepared..." - Zagat Survey "Mouth watering steaks...a true gem...a friendly staff..." - "Wine Spectator Award of Excellence" - "5 Star Diamond Award from the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences" - Newsday 3 Stars "a handsome slice of a restaurant...Queen's best steakhouse..." William Jack Degel honors his Godfather, the proprietor of Jack's, a 1930's prohibition-style Victorian speak-easy. At Uncle Jack's, where the motto is "Customer is King,” his legend lives on.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown 56th Street reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (111)romantic (77)fit for foodies (74)notable wine list (52)good for groups (44)neighborhood gem (39)great for lunch (31)late-night find (21)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Splendid Xmas decorationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/26/2014A wonderful place for christmas dinner with perfect service and outstanding quality of beef served exactly as we wished for. Quick and competent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall the experience was an 8 on a scale of 1-10OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/26/2014We had steak and that was the right choice. I had the bone in fillet and recommend it rare. The texture was buttery. I also had the maple bacon appetizer and that was a winner. The we went the day before Thanksgiving so there were not many patrons. The volume of the music was too loud at certain times and it seemed the staff were not able to control the volume adequately. The waiter was very engaging and the entire staff met our every need. We would recommend this restaurant to friends and will likely return to Uncle Jack's when we are back in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep going backRickniteVIPDined on 11/22/2014Round table for six friends and we can hear each other talk! Delicious steaks perfectly grilled and the lollypop lamb chops are fantastic. We had the appetizer portion as a main course. You get four and we added a few sides. Their wines are delicious and the banana creme pie topped it off. Open your belt! Pricey but for special occasions we find it the place we like to gather. Service is attentive and professional. We will be back again. It was our fourth time and we still love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- its okNovemberIrishDined on 11/18/2014Service was excellent, attentive and knowledgeable, sat very quickly too. The restaurant felt worn however which took away from the atmosphere. Portions were generous. The porterhouse for two was enough for three. Cooked perfectly but far from being tender, was disappointing. Pricing was average but based on this one experience I would probably opt to pay more for something a little better. While I wouldnt recommend vs other choices I think most folks would be satisfied with the overall pkg. Friendly staff is certainly a plus.
- Wife's BirthdayLocal3106VIPDined on 11/15/2014Our experience was fantastic. It was my wife's 50th birthday and her best friend's as well. We were treated to excellent service and the food was fantastic. Our whole experience was memorable. Our thanks to our waiter (can't remember his name but he is a native New Yorker), the chief, and entire staff for making our evening one to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good but not greatKmanDined on 11/15/2014This was our third time here. My wife is a bigger fan than I am. The service is outstanding, but the steaks were not great. My wife and son each had the special 16 oz fillet on the bone at $55 each. The fillet tasted good but was extremely grizzly and tough. I had the 28 oz prime rib bone in cooked like a steak. Ordered medium, the meat was cooked like a steak and charred so much so that it over powered a perfect cut of meat. $400 dollar evening for 3 that should have been much better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to eat, chat and chill...suppertimeDined on 11/12/2014The bacon is to die for, as are both the bone-in ribeye and bone-in filet mignon. Service is very attentive and the upstairs, where we ate, was comfortable and quiet enough to easily carry on a conversation while chowing down.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouse!SideDined on 11/10/2014Expensive but worth it. Second time there and would go back. Open Table site didn't allow me to specify but it is fit for foodies and special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Steaks, Good choicetjhollywoodDined on 11/9/2014Very good Steaks, Good choiche of wine and beers. is recommended for lunch too (amazing the Kobe beef burger)Special Features:
- JCKC16Dined on 11/9/2014I took my daughter there for her 16th birthday. Although the bar below was quite loud, we still managed to have an enjoyable dinner. UJ is more suited for adult dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kids...Learn to Control ThemTacitusDined on 11/9/2014Outstanding service, truly top notch. The food was cooked to perfection as well, delicious! Surprised they didn't have lemonade and thus couldn't make an Arnold Palmer. Really? They bent over backwards with a family at the next table. The kids would not sit still, they shouted, one threw his napkin at the waiter. You have to draw a line somewhere. This detracted very much from the dining experience. Also, what in the name of good taste is the owner thinking with the bordello décor (especially the white taffy pattern along the mirror)? Yuck! Still, the food and service were good enough to call me in again, if I've got nothing else going on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awe for yourselfOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014Te bar was great. Paul is awesome. To bad the servers don't show the same enthusiasm about their jobs. The porterhouse for two was nothing to rave about. Very fatty. And unevenly cooked. After our desert thee after didn't even ask if we we're all done just dropped a check and walked away. I know you're busy. But come on guy!! Id rather eat at Outback than eat there again.Special Features:
- Saturday LunchWiltDined on 11/8/2014Nice quiet location and one of the few "Steakhouses" open for lunch on a Saturday. Food was good. My Eggs Benedict was not warm enough when it arrived. The Kobe Burger ordered as Medium came to us as Rare. Despite these shortcomings, it was a very nice lunch. A good place for a small to medium size group. Price like most NY restaurants are on the high side but this should be expected.Special Features:
- Not special at allWorkingMomDined on 11/6/2014The house special $98 porterhouse for two was not tastey and thus, disappointing. Plenty of other steak places in NYC have virtually the same menu.
- Post MarathonCliveLDined on 11/2/2014Great steak!! Badly needed after marathon - restaurant was quiet and emptied quickly, leaving little atmosphere. Service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived Up To The HypeCV82Dined on 11/2/2014We chose this place because we were curious if the service would be everything Willie Degel says in Restaurant Stakeout. We were not disappointed... both the food and the service was top notch. The braised short ribs were up there with best meals I've ever had and my husband's dry-aged filet (on the bone!) melted in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazed!RobobertaDined on 11/2/2014I was afraid the restaurant would be "off-putting" since it is quite expensive. However, I was completely wrong. From the minute we arrived everyone on staff made us feel like welcome guests. They were so friendly and down to earth while also being completely professional. The food was fabulous! If you love garlic like I do the creamed spinach is a must! My steak was melt in your mouth delicious. From salad through dessert we all enjoyed every mouthful.Special Features:
- AmazingRichardDined on 11/1/2014My wife and I live in Maryland and go to NYC twice a year for the opera and always look for the best restaurants we can find. For anyone who likes a good steak house this is one of the best in the City. My wife had their short ribs and they were terrific; I had the Rib Eye, which they call the Flintstones and it was AMAZING. Uncle Jack's will now be one of our top places to eat while in the City. Their prices are in line with the other great steak joints, but worth every dollar - it was so good, I didn't even look at the bill when I paid.Special Features:
- Visitorappendix14Dined on 10/29/2014Having seen Restaurant Stakeout on our UK televisions my wife and myself wanted to visit an 'Uncle Jacks' steakhouse to see if it was as good as it was advertised. We were not disappointed it as was really first class and well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Uncle Jack'sFamilyShrinkDined on 10/28/2014The filet was tasty and tender. The creamed spinach was outstanding and the garlic potatoes were some of the best I have ever had. My wife ordered the same dish, but shared that her filet tasted like pot roast. She tried my filet and said it was much better and both of us were surprised at how different her meat was than mine. However, the manager and staff were very responsive and she was able to order the salmon. She said it was okay, but my filet was much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperiencebenjodanDined on 10/26/2014I drove from northern Connecticut to Uncle Jack's in midtown NYC just to take my wife to a special dinner for her 59th birthday. Five hours of total driving and it was well worth the trip. As a physical entity, the restaurant is magnificent. The food is incredible and the wait staff is second to none. A totally unique experience that I will long remember, and I can't wait to go back. We shared a Sunday special which included bread, an appetizer, a salad, and two sides to accompany a 12-oz. steak and 2-pound lobster. It also included desserts and coffee, all for under $100. The price was ridiculous for this kind of classy restaurant, and ALL of it was just perfect -- delicious and cooked perfectly. There's nothing like this in CT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but Expected MoreNYCFoodaholicDined on 10/25/2014Wedding anniversary dinner. Occasion noted on reservation and during confirmation calls. Absolutely no mention made by staff. Special attention lacking. However, meat quality and preparation fabulous, good appetizers & sides, amazing dessert. Just expected exceptional service and at least acknowledgement of our special occasion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Good food, friendly staff, did enjoy a lot, thanksSpecial Features:
- Pricey but GOOD!FOODIEVIPDined on 10/24/2014Overall, a bit pricey but the food, service and the atmosphere was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014The customer service and excellent food makes uncle jacks a must for your next visit to NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantYUMgoodFOODDined on 10/22/2014We went for lunch and it was GREAT. The prices for lunch are cheaper than dinner and the portions were the same. The service was the best I have seen in a while compared to other we have dined at.Special Features:
- Wow what a dinnerMartySVIPDined on 10/18/2014I have waned to go for about 6 months our server Rosario was attentive and took great care of us. The manage Michele came over and checked to insure all was up to Willie standards. My steak was cooked perfectly could not have been better. Great job great service I will be back. Even though it was our first time and not our last all employees made us feel like regulars and cared about our service level. I have all ready made my next reservation! Great job team..a credit to caring..........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChicagogirlDined on 10/17/2014It was very good if you are looking for a heavy, old school steakhouse. If you are looking for a unique, foodie experience, go elsewhere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBCBFromSunnyvaleDined on 10/17/2014After seeing Restaurant Stake with Willie Degel I knew I had to visit this restaurant when I traveled to New York City. I was somewhat surprised when I tried to make a reservation on Friday, almost four months in advance to my trip that I had to settle for an 11:30 lunch reservation. When I looked at the menu I saw that I could have gotten a French Dip sandwich for $19 but I opted for the prime filet based on the waiters recommendation. Needless to say I was not disappointed. It had to be the most tenderness steak I have ever eaten. I cut the meat into smaller pieces than I normally do so I could enjoy the flavor as the meat melted in my mouth.Special Features:
- Dinner with my sonJoyceDined on 10/15/2014I loved this restaurant. Our food, drinks and service were unbelievable. We truly enjoyed ourselves. A little pricey but it was worth it. I could on;y afford to do this for a special outing.Special Features:
- As good as we expectedLeighDined on 10/14/2014Avid fans of Restaurant steak out on TV so had to try this out whilst in NYC. Not disappointed at all. The portajouse steak was the best EVER and the staff are what we expected of Willie. Only minor point is the restaurant is quite dark and makes reading the menu a bit tricky.Special Features:
- Wonderful SteakhouseBlondsterDined on 10/12/2014In the heart of the shopping district off Fifth Avenue it is hard to find a nice place to eat. Uncle Jacks is a great place to have a nice meal while resting in between shopping spree's. It has an old world feel with a comfortable atmosphere. The staff is very attentive and service is excellent. Not your standard burger lunch, but an upscale version of an old favorite. Great lunch items.Special Features:
- Classy New York dining experienceSugarlipsDined on 10/11/2014First time at uncle hack's steakhouse and it certainly won't be our last. We had great tasting food, wonderful service and the design of the restaurant made us feel we were out for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to be outstanding!MikecastleDined on 10/10/2014All the great NY steakhouses serve top quality food, but it's the service that puts a restaurant over the top. Uncle Jack's has always been head and shoulders above all in customer service as well as having a great menu and the presentations always to perfection. Paul is the best NY steakhouse bartender there is as well!Special Features:
- IncredibleNurmendDined on 10/8/2014It was a surprising excelen experience, the food, wine and all the staff (all of them) made this an incredible night!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncle Jack'sLauraDined on 10/4/2014We had a great dinner. The staff was wonderful and attentive. Our hostess paid special attention to my food allergies, the wine server gave us the right amount of time to decide and our waitress was wonderful!!! Then the steak was perfect as was the desert. I would highly recommend Unle Jack's steakhouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Our dinning experience was definitely a good one. We came to the restaurant after seeing restaurant stakeout. I will say it definitely did not disappoint us. We are business owners not in this field but we watch the show for management tips. Mr. Willie Degel portrays a certain business type on the show and I will defiantly say that his restaurant is a reflection of that. Custom service was awesome, and the overall experience was worth it.Special Features:
- NiceMCDBDined on 10/4/2014A very nice moment, we enjoyed very much our lunch !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks TonyCantgetNYCofmymindDined on 10/2/2014Tony looked after us really well and was very attentive. A special night.Special Features:
- food disappointingWaltVIPDined on 10/2/2014Filet was dry. Rack of lamb was over cooked. Recommended side was also over cooked.