Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Bayside
39-40 Bell Blvd.
Bayside, NY 11360Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Bayside
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.unclejacks.com/
- Phone: 7182291100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00m - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: William Jack Degel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for private party and catering info.
- Special Events: Uncle Jack’s is now proud to offer all inclusive, 3-course Prix-fixe lunch. Just $29.95. Ask your server or bartender for details. Tuesdays: all wines on our list are half price for Lifestyle members.
A word from Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Bayside
The place to meet, eat and enjoy the finer things in life. Specializing in 21 day dry aged USDA Prime meats, Kobe beef, Australian lobster tails and offering a wide array of seafood and wines. Join us for our old world charm and impeccable service. Some of our reviews; The New York Times 3 Stars "This steakhouse leaves no item overlooked...." - Crain's "New York's best pocket-sized steakhouse..." - Daily News 4 Stars "...outstanding service and excellent food that is imaginatively prepared..." - Zagat Survey "Mouth watering steaks...a true gem...a friendly staff..." - "Wine Spectator Award of Excellence" - "5 Star Diamond Award from the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences" - Newsday 3 Stars "a handsome slice of a restaurant...Queen's best steakhouse..." William Jack Degel honors his Godfather, the proprietor of Jack's, a 1930's prohibition-style Victorian speak-easy. At Uncle Jack's, where the motto is "Customer is King,” his legend lives on.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Bayside - Best Restaurants in Bayside ›
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Bayside reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (24)romantic (23)notable wine list (21)good for groups (18)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Delicious food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Great place for a date. The good was amazing there, completely worth the money you spend. The ambiance was very nice and the waiter was very courteous. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you want steak....SharonDined on 8/23/2014We were taking some family to celebrate an anniversary. It started with 2 couples and at the last minute changed to a group of 7 people. Jack's was quickly able to accommodate this change. Our waiter was great, making sure everyone got exactly what they wanted, even making some dinners that were not on the menu! The prime rib was wonderful, as was the steak for 2. The desserts were delicious, we shared pecan pie, banana cream pie and chocolate lava cake. We all came from different places and chose Uncle Jack's by location and reputation and no one was disappointed!!Special Features:
- PerfectoCarloDined on 8/20/2014Muy recomendable para visitar la Bayside. Restaurante con carácter y ambiente agradable. El servicio muy atentoSpecial Features:
- A LITTLE DISAPPOINTEDezasVIPDined on 8/19/2014I was really looking forward to trying Uncle Jack's in Bayside. I bought a Groupon. The food both quality and portions were very good. I felt cramped and the noise level for a high end restaurant was much too loud. I couldn't hold a conversation with the person across from me. Another thing is that the wine should not be kept on the ledge behind the tables. The waiter has to reach over the person sitting at the table in order to get a bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Go for the food, not for the moodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2014We have been to Uncle Jack's before and the food is always great. This time was no different. There was a screaming child there this time, though. Our steaks were great, the waiter, Rob, was great, but I would get dessert elsewhere next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We had a great time here! We went to celebrate a recent event and were super happy we went here. The food was delicious, and we loved the baked clams and side dishes we got (creamed spinach and garlic mashed potatoes). The steak was perfectly cooked, nicely charred on the outside, and full of flavor. We have been watching Restaurant Stakeout for a while now, and jokingly we were saying "Oh maybe we will actually see him here!"..... little did we actually know, Willie Degel came in later and was just chilling at the bar like a regular. We couldn't believe our luck, and we ended up getting a picture with him and everything. He was really nice and obliged to taking a photo with my husband and I and we couldn't have been happier!Special Features:
- Amazing food & serviceAsheeVIPDined on 8/1/2014In nyc which has the finest restaurants in the world this queens steak house is a must go as far for those that like fine dining!Special Features:
- Best Steakhouse in queens.wildknight82Dined on 7/27/2014Best of the best. Me and my wife love this place, the best steaks ever. Hands down. One of our favorite places to eat. The service is great, never ever got disappointed. Highly recommend to go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your Old Buddy says F*** yes.YAHBODined on 7/26/2014Only go to Uncle Jacks if you want the best steak in NY and outstanding service delivered by professionals. Every single aspect of the Uncle Jacks experience is outstanding.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014i only have 1 problem with uncle jacks i ordered a NY strip and he brought me a rib eye and i guess he thought i didnt notice because i didnt say anything but i didnt say anything because it was still good i just hope they didnt think i was stupidSpecial Features:
- Had a great time!Louis721Dined on 7/21/2014Looking for impeccable service, great food and a warm inviting place? Look and dine no further, Uncle Jack's treats you like gold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatBaysideJohnDined on 7/20/2014Always great service, delicious steaks and an overall enjoyable time.Special Features:
- TeeeDined on 7/12/2014Always enjoyable every time we go. Nothing beats an Uncle Jack's steak!!Special Features:
- Great Service and SteakJimKDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I celebrated our aniversary Saturday night and overall it was a very good experience. Our first visit and the service was excellant and so was my bone-in NY steak. We ordered the lobster appetizer and crab legs that were on special but they were not great based on our expectations. We were surprised with a complimentary chocolate cake dessert at the conclusion of dinner, which was also very good. We chose this place based on it being a reasonable drive from JFK airport, Willie Degal's reputation, and not wanting to go into Manhattan. The entire staff was very friendly and accomodating. We will definitley try Uncle Jack's again in the future.Special Features:
- Always greatSteakmmmmmmmmVIPDined on 7/5/2014Not one thing to complain about! Wonderful! Waiter made us feel royalSpecial Features:
- Always Great!jboogie23Dined on 7/5/2014This is the best steakhouse in Queens! It was my second visit to Uncle Jack's in Bayside, and both occasions were superb. The service was a little bit better the first time, but it was a weeknight and less crowded that time, so its understandable. They have a great wine list with lots of variety and the food was just delicious. Our favorite appetizer is the meatballs and the house steak sauce is to die for. I truly enjoyed our recent visit and can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place usually.FoodgoodDined on 7/5/2014Let's just say that at this level of dining we should have had a much better experience. Pretty much ruined the remainder of my wife's birthday. We are from the neighborhood and really appreciate having this caliber of restaurant nearby. It pains us to have to leave this type of review as we have a great affinity for this establishment. We hope to be back some day but not for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PetuniaDined on 7/4/2014We had a very nice experience, the beef was outstanding.Special Features:
- Will Returnmcheck57VIPDined on 6/24/2014We used the Groupon promotion. Food & service impeccable. The value tremendous. If the purpose of the Groupon is to get you in and then return, it worked!!!Special Features:
- DinnerRoseDined on 6/21/2014I really like this place, and have always thought of it as a great neighborhood, higher end restaurant but with a comfortable surrounding. The maitre de was kind enough to hold the table for 2 when i called to tell her i was running late. The service and waiters, everyone is great.Special Features:
- favorite restaurantdinnerhostDined on 6/15/2014Favorite steak house and all around best food anywhere; relaxed, never rushed service. Strawberry basil margarita was outstanding. Didn't add the last star as the Maitre 'd forgot to bring a fresh napkin & glass when askedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/14/2014Four people, dinner, Saturday evening. Reservation was honored (table was waiting). The food was great and the service was terrific! The server was helpful and attentive but not annoying or pushy. One surprising bump though; upon ordering a second drink, I was informed that the restaurant had run out of Jameson Irish Whiskey.Special Features:
- Very disappointedUnhappyDined on 6/8/2014I went on a Sunday night for their steak and lobster special for two. The steak was just average and a very small piece. The lobster was supposed to be a 2 lb lobster. If it was a pound and a half I would be surprised. The service was terrible. They brought the wrong salad and then the wrong side dishes. By the time the correct side dishes came I wad done with my meal. It was a very disappointing meal. I would not recommend uncle Jacks, for the price of $160 I should not have left hungry.
- great streakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Went to uncle jacks with my wife for our 7 th wedding anniversary. Excellent service, great ambiance, amazing steak. Had porterhouse for 2 and it was perhaps the best steak I've had at a steakhouse ever (better than Ruth Chris, Fleming's, and Burton & Doyle).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long waitestRella66jloveDined on 6/3/2014With reservation and without it, make no difference. They had me waiting for 15 mins for my reserved table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedMomschoiceDined on 5/27/2014I'm never disappointed when I come here. The service is was impeccable. I can't and I won't complain about anything. Tracy our waiter was friendly and very helpful with recommendations on the dinner menu. We ate family style, and every the was delicious. Please try the lamb lollipops and the five cheese Mac and cheese. And the porterhouse is to die for. Great service, great food! We will be back!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceKarmakazeeDined on 5/26/2014The food was good, but the steak was a little disappointing. I thought for aged steak it was slightly tough and also it had some burns on it. However, the restaurant had a fantastic atmosphere (lots of jazz) and good service. Overall a great restaurant, though on the pricey side.Special Features:
- greatjoy456Dined on 5/24/2014Great neighborhood steak joint, service awesome, can't go wrong. Definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EatsravingladyDined on 5/16/2014The best steaks ever! Wonderful service. Everything is done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionSteveGDined on 5/10/2014The staff was fantastic, no mistakes, there before you need them, and as always a delight. the food, out of this world, a culinary delight. The best we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnaKVIPDined on 5/9/2014We will definately be back! The food was great and the service outstanding .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Texas TraditionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014I'm from Texas and EVERY time I'm in New York, a trip to Uncle Jack's is a MUST. This time was a surprise visit to celebrate my brother's bday. Thank you Andrew and Nicole for validating my extreme affinity for Uncle Jack's. The food was perfect and the hospitality was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in bay viewRemitaturVIPDined on 5/1/2014Steak, filet mignon on bone, sides orders huge. An old fashioned excellent restaurant. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 537 reviews are from the Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Bayside reviews archive.
- Impeccable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2014This was our 1st visit to this location. We were curious to see if all locations were operated the same. Our service from beginning to end was impeccable at the 38th & 8th location. At this Bayside Queens location however the hostess wasn't at the podium to greet us. The bartender did aknowledge us immediately though! He greeted us & fetched the hostess right away. We were greeted by her then and seated. Our 2 daughters were with us and the wait staff was particularly attentive to their needs. They accomodated my oldest daughters' vegetarian diet. My little one was very pleased that she was acknowledged as well. Fancy restaurants don't always do. Service and food were impeccable. We will always choose Uncle Jack's for our special occasion.Special Features:
- Love this placeSnakey13Dined on 4/27/2014First time having brunch here. Service was very good and the food even better. I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiecncestv01Dined on 4/26/2014Our steaks were cooked to perfection and the service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/24/2014This place never fails!!! Food, drinks, service all top shelf! One of my favorite restaurants of all time.Special Features:
- outstandingmypawsDined on 4/23/2014food & service are phenomenal , very attentive! never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderfulMandaMayDined on 4/23/2014From the second we walked in we were greeted by the manager and show to our table right away. The waiter was knowledgeable and friendly. The staff was on point and our tables were set up and the food brought to our table promptly. The food was cooked to perfection and absolutely delicious. I must say, this was one of the most enjoyable dining experiences I have ever had. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back !JessiefitgirlDined on 4/22/2014I have to start off saying that out waiter Tracy was amazing. He was super friendly and was very attentive. Food was delicious and I loved the atmosphere. Recommend this place highly !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.