Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Bayside
39-40 Bell Blvd.
Bayside, NY 11360Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Bayside
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.unclejacks.com/
- Phone: 7182291100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00m - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: William Jack Degel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please email email@example.com for private party and catering info.
- Special Events: Uncle Jack’s is now proud to offer all inclusive, 3-course Prix-fixe lunch. Just $29.95. Ask your server or bartender for details. Tuesdays: all wines on our list are half price for Lifestyle members.
A word from Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Bayside
The place to meet, eat and enjoy the finer things in life. Specializing in 21 day dry aged USDA Prime meats, Kobe beef, Australian lobster tails and offering a wide array of seafood and wines. Join us for our old world charm and impeccable service. Some of our reviews; The New York Times 3 Stars "This steakhouse leaves no item overlooked...." - Crain's "New York's best pocket-sized steakhouse..." - Daily News 4 Stars "...outstanding service and excellent food that is imaginatively prepared..." - Zagat Survey "Mouth watering steaks...a true gem...a friendly staff..." - "Wine Spectator Award of Excellence" - "5 Star Diamond Award from the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences" - Newsday 3 Stars "a handsome slice of a restaurant...Queen's best steakhouse..." William Jack Degel honors his Godfather, the proprietor of Jack's, a 1930's prohibition-style Victorian speak-easy. At Uncle Jack's, where the motto is "Customer is King,” his legend lives on.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Bayside - Best Restaurants in Bayside ›
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Bayside reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)neighborhood gem (38)romantic (26)notable wine list (23)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (20)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- YummyFood2Dined on 10/29/2014Large selection on Menu. Lobster salad was terrific! Waiter was extremely attentive, maybe a little too much for people who have not caught up in a while and wanted to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too expensiveYummyDined on 10/25/2014The place was beautiful. The service was great. The food was nothing special. The price was outrageous.Special Features:
- Always a Solid Steak Experiencefoodman13VIPDined on 10/23/2014Can't go wrong with this local steakhouse. Been there before & will go again.Special Features:
- Amazing!NYCHEFDined on 10/18/2014First time dinning at the restaurant. I've been wanting to go for years since seeing Restaurant Steakhouse on Food Network. Love the way Willy runs things and his shirts. I've bought a few shirts that he wears on TV. I manage a 325 seat restaurant and this is the exact way every restaurant needs to be run. The hostess was great and the waiter was even more amazing. He was very knowledgable from the food to the wine. Will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service good looking people!!MelimelDined on 10/14/2014Very welcoming great service great food would definitely recommend to all my friends. Our waiter was very attentive to us and I love great service. Me and my fiancé loved it so much that we have decided to host our rehearsal dinner there with our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, but overpricedBobODined on 10/12/2014We went here to celebrate our 30th anniversary. We had a gift card from our children that we were happy to use. We ordered the Surf & Turf dinner for 2 @ $99. On the website, it said that we would share either a filet mignon or strip steak AND a 2 lb. lobster. Well, the strip steak was delicious, but we were VERY disappointed that there was no 2 lb. lobster. Our waiter did tell us when we ordered that there was not going to be a lobster, but that there would be a lobster tail. We shared a SMALL lobster tail--certainly no where near 2 lbs. All the same cost of $99!! They should have reflected this substitution in the price!! Service was good, but I feel we didn't get what was advertised and were charged same price for it! Will not returnSpecial Features:
- EAT STEAK!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2014What a great place! You can't go wrong with Uncle Jacks. Great food, professional service and comfortable environs make for an outstanding steakhouse experience!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchHappy4thischoiceDined on 10/5/2014A well run restaurant with excellent food choices and excellent service. Wait staff took care of responsibilities without imposing themselves every few minutes, which allowed us to enjoy each other's company and conversation. We were not rushed through the meal, allowed to take our time to make choices and the wait staff seemed happy to serve. Prices are consistent with the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Just not consistentBillDined on 10/2/2014I have been coming here since early 2000. It's a ok steakhouse, but no where close to the best around and just not consistent. In the past I have had some great steaks and other times just average, or once I had to even send the steak back. Their prices are through the roof. If you want a great porterhouse this is not the place to go... its just ok....and when the bill comes out to $150 per person it makes it totally not worth it. Too bad this is the only high end restaurant on Bell Blvd.Special Features:
- Best experience ever!SuzieQDined on 9/28/2014I love this restaurant! It's small and intimate. It reminds me of a speakeasy. The bar is large and very ornate. The drinks are excellent. The food is wonderful. They make the best steaks and the seafood is terrific. The staff is excellent and the service is impeccable. I can't wait ti go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner EverMandTfromLongBeachDined on 9/27/2014Took my wife to the Bayside location for her Birthday....Our captain Howard was the best..... When we go back we are going to request him. food was outstanding....Nothing bad to saySpecial Features:
- We loved Uncle Jacks.KorgieDined on 9/20/2014All the people were great. Our waiter was one of the best i have ever seen. Great Job Uncle JacksSpecial Features:
- Must visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Fantastic service, really good food. Our teenager found something on the menu and loved it! Back to the service - it was impeccable! The steak was perfectly done, awesome sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceKevinNYCDined on 9/19/2014Uncle Jack's is as close to prrfect as it gets. The standard of excellence is admirable and gives the customer a worthwhile experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steakhouse!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014I want to start off with the service, which was excellent! The waiter knew the menu front to back and made sure we were taken care of. They remembered our 1st year wedding anniversary and surprised us with a chocolate Sufle cake, which was awesome. Lastly, the steak was juicy and cooked well. I had the 24ounce NY strip. I will be going back soon!Special Features:
- Food was amazingCrazeDined on 9/13/2014Definitely will return,food was really good.Prompt waiter service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeshVIPDined on 9/6/2014Always spectacular. Staff and service is great. Never dissapointed.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary,this place was reccomended so we figured we woukd check it out. The appetizers and main course were outstanding. Our server Howard was beyond excellent ,we will be visiting againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suburb Encore VisitIowansDined on 9/6/2014From the moment you enter you are treated like a valued customer from the Valet attendant to the hostess to the waiters to the serving staff and the most gracious manager visiting all tables. Food was off the chart as our family has been accustomed to. We live in NE Iowa and make two or three trips to NY yearly and on each visit there is at least one dinner at Uncle Jack'sSpecial Features:
- Thumbs up Uncle Jacks!Bina13Dined on 9/4/2014Cocktails were great..best rye Manhattan I ever had in my life..could not stop drinking them..We had amazing appetizers, our ribeye steaks were aged, flavorful and cooked perfectly..desserts were all a hit..must say all four of us were pleased with everything from our greetings, service, food, to even our departure. A birthday dinner I will always remember. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014The service staff were very friendly and helpful. Food was very good. Will definitely visit again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!NeeshBDined on 8/24/2014Great place for a date. The good was amazing there, completely worth the money you spend. The ambiance was very nice and the waiter was very courteous. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you want steak....SharonDined on 8/23/2014We were taking some family to celebrate an anniversary. It started with 2 couples and at the last minute changed to a group of 7 people. Jack's was quickly able to accommodate this change. Our waiter was great, making sure everyone got exactly what they wanted, even making some dinners that were not on the menu! The prime rib was wonderful, as was the steak for 2. The desserts were delicious, we shared pecan pie, banana cream pie and chocolate lava cake. We all came from different places and chose Uncle Jack's by location and reputation and no one was disappointed!!Special Features:
- PerfectoCarloDined on 8/20/2014Muy recomendable para visitar la Bayside. Restaurante con carácter y ambiente agradable. El servicio muy atentoSpecial Features:
- A LITTLE DISAPPOINTEDezasVIPDined on 8/19/2014I was really looking forward to trying Uncle Jack's in Bayside. I bought a Groupon. The food both quality and portions were very good. I felt cramped and the noise level for a high end restaurant was much too loud. I couldn't hold a conversation with the person across from me. Another thing is that the wine should not be kept on the ledge behind the tables. The waiter has to reach over the person sitting at the table in order to get a bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Go for the food, not for the moodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2014We have been to Uncle Jack's before and the food is always great. This time was no different. There was a screaming child there this time, though. Our steaks were great, the waiter, Rob, was great, but I would get dessert elsewhere next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We had a great time here! We went to celebrate a recent event and were super happy we went here. The food was delicious, and we loved the baked clams and side dishes we got (creamed spinach and garlic mashed potatoes). The steak was perfectly cooked, nicely charred on the outside, and full of flavor. We have been watching Restaurant Stakeout for a while now, and jokingly we were saying "Oh maybe we will actually see him here!"..... little did we actually know, Willie Degel came in later and was just chilling at the bar like a regular. We couldn't believe our luck, and we ended up getting a picture with him and everything. He was really nice and obliged to taking a photo with my husband and I and we couldn't have been happier!Special Features:
- RangerDined on 8/5/2014We enjoyed the ambiance, service excellent. The filet mignon delicious. The dry aged shell steak was tough.
- Amazing food & serviceAsheeVIPDined on 8/1/2014In nyc which has the finest restaurants in the world this queens steak house is a must go as far for those that like fine dining!Special Features:
- Best Steakhouse in queens.wildknight82Dined on 7/27/2014Best of the best. Me and my wife love this place, the best steaks ever. Hands down. One of our favorite places to eat. The service is great, never ever got disappointed. Highly recommend to go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your Old Buddy says F*** yes.YAHBODined on 7/26/2014Only go to Uncle Jacks if you want the best steak in NY and outstanding service delivered by professionals. Every single aspect of the Uncle Jacks experience is outstanding.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014i only have 1 problem with uncle jacks i ordered a NY strip and he brought me a rib eye and i guess he thought i didnt notice because i didnt say anything but i didnt say anything because it was still good i just hope they didnt think i was stupidSpecial Features:
- Had a great time!Louis721Dined on 7/21/2014Looking for impeccable service, great food and a warm inviting place? Look and dine no further, Uncle Jack's treats you like gold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatBaysideJohnDined on 7/20/2014Always great service, delicious steaks and an overall enjoyable time.Special Features:
- TeeeDined on 7/12/2014Always enjoyable every time we go. Nothing beats an Uncle Jack's steak!!Special Features:
- Great Service and SteakJimKDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I celebrated our aniversary Saturday night and overall it was a very good experience. Our first visit and the service was excellant and so was my bone-in NY steak. We ordered the lobster appetizer and crab legs that were on special but they were not great based on our expectations. We were surprised with a complimentary chocolate cake dessert at the conclusion of dinner, which was also very good. We chose this place based on it being a reasonable drive from JFK airport, Willie Degal's reputation, and not wanting to go into Manhattan. The entire staff was very friendly and accomodating. We will definitley try Uncle Jack's again in the future.Special Features:
- Always greatSteakmmmmmmmmVIPDined on 7/5/2014Not one thing to complain about! Wonderful! Waiter made us feel royalSpecial Features:
- Always Great!jboogie23Dined on 7/5/2014This is the best steakhouse in Queens! It was my second visit to Uncle Jack's in Bayside, and both occasions were superb. The service was a little bit better the first time, but it was a weeknight and less crowded that time, so its understandable. They have a great wine list with lots of variety and the food was just delicious. Our favorite appetizer is the meatballs and the house steak sauce is to die for. I truly enjoyed our recent visit and can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place usually.FoodgoodDined on 7/5/2014Let's just say that at this level of dining we should have had a much better experience. Pretty much ruined the remainder of my wife's birthday. We are from the neighborhood and really appreciate having this caliber of restaurant nearby. It pains us to have to leave this type of review as we have a great affinity for this establishment. We hope to be back some day but not for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 553 reviews are from the Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Bayside reviews archive.
- PetuniaDined on 7/4/2014We had a very nice experience, the beef was outstanding.Special Features: