Umberto's Restaurant - Wantagh
1180 Wantagh Ave.
Wantagh, NY 11793Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Umberto's Restaurant - Wantagh
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.umbertosny.com/
- Phone: 5162215696
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Manuel Herrera
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We cater for all occasions. If you are planning a birthday, communion, confirmation, bridal shower, graduation, or engagement party, come in and have us cater to your needs.. on off-premise!
- Private Party Contact: Herbert Alvarenga 5162215696
A word from Umberto's Restaurant - Wantagh
41 years later Original Umbertos is a landmark. The first cozy pizzeria has grown into a majestic Tuscan architectural two-story restaurant with a full service cafe, four star dining room, and world-class banquet facilities and Original Umberto’s is known nationwide by tens of thousands of guests who visit each year.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Umberto's Restaurant - Wantagh reviews from OpenTable diners
- all was very good. waiterrockyDined on 3/14/2014all was very good. waiter was excellent. busboy the worst we were still eating and he starting clearing off the table. i told him to stop and wait till we were all done. he continued clearing. one guest went to the bsthroom and he came and tried to take her plate again asked to go away till we were done. but that didnt happened he did as he wanted. our waiter was very good but the busboy just upset the whole table and now our nite was ruined and no one eould order dessert and coffee. it is a shame because we dud alwsys enjoy going thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homey Italian FoodMerrickMamaDined on 3/8/2014My family and I, 11 people including 4 children, 2 in highchairs, recently dined at Umbertos. Our reservation was honored on time, the 2 highchairs I requested were promptly provided, and our waiter was courteous and efficient. The food was good, not great, but exactly what we were in the mood for. My veal rollatini was delicious and included a side of greasy but wonderful fried zucchini sticks. I also ordered a side of broccoli rabe ($3.00 extra) which was, unfortunately, overcooked and mushy. The rest of the food was similar, some really good, some not so much. The sorbets we had for dessert were great. My coconut sorbet was outstanding and the lemon was as well. All in all, a satisfying neighborhood experience.Special Features:
- Food here is outrageous!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/28/2014Food here is outrageous!! Service is great! Enough food for 2-3 meals!!! Love it and definitely will return many times!
- No hostess with the mostessScrapmanDined on 2/25/2014Took a long time to get someone to greet me, then the young man That finally did was not sure what to do. Food was good and hot and Server was very pleasant. Good spegetti sauce. Great chicken parm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine WeekendbluemoonDined on 2/15/2014We enjoyed a evening food with friends and the holiday special menu was delicious. I never been disappointed with the menu or food at Umberto's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Umbertos in WantaghFoodie5Dined on 2/1/2014Very noisy, not good for conversation, but the food and portions were quite good. Service was good as well.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsKayMDined on 1/31/2014Food is constitantly great. You may wait a bit for a table but worth the wait. Top notch service. The best Calamari Arribiata you will find anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodbrownieDined on 1/17/2014Went there for my cousins birthday. Everyone loved the food. Always a treat.Special Features:
- New Years EvebrownieDined on 12/31/2013Had a 7:00 reservation. Was seated at 7:15 which wasn't bad for such a busy night. Food was good as always. They didn't have a fixed menu that most restaurants have on this night. Very good specials. Service was a little slow but to be expected for this night. Waiter was very apologetic. Overall a good night with great food!Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday dinner!!!BaseballMomDined on 12/28/2013Wonderful birthday dinner!!! Food was amazing. Everything was fresh and perfectly cooked. The wait staff were pleasant, courteous and very attentive. I can't wait to return!!! We live about 30 minutes away and although there are many restaurants closer it's always worth the trip to Umberto's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2013The only thing I would add is a few more wines to chose from. I did not care for the 3 reds that are available but I would still go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable Italian FoodAnnieDined on 12/13/2013The food and service at Umberto's are always good and so is the service. Portions are generous and we always end up with food to take home. It's a reliable family oriented neighborhood Italian restaurant. We prefer the back room to the front but it can be a little noisy and crowded when it's busy. Not the place for a quiet romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for casual dinnerKayceeDined on 12/7/2013This is a pizza/restaurant with good food and good service. There is a pizza area in the front with a dining room in the back. Great for a casual dinner, but surprisingly loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- promptMelissaDined on 12/7/2013We were seated at the right time as the reservation was set. Prompt service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gathering PlaceKaiRomMarDined on 12/1/2013Easy to find and park, good food and drink, prompt and courteous service. Overall, a fun and tasty experience.Special Features:
- Good pizza, pasta & soups - WantaghbillpVIPDined on 11/29/2013If you are in Wantagh and need a decent slide, or a pasta break or just a hearty soup - this is your place! I always customize the pizzeatta and they never blink an eye, always get it right and make it super tasty!Special Features:
- We had a pleaseant diner withbluemoonDined on 11/23/2013We had a pleaseant diner with our friends, enjoying the wine and food.Special Features:
- Excellent food--top of theYankeeJeffVIPDined on 11/15/2013Excellent food--top of the line pastas and main dishes. One of the best Italian restaurants in Nassau County. The only downside to this restaurant is that it tends to get very noisy when crowded.Special Features:
- Some of the best pizza aroundbillpVIPDined on 10/3/2013They don't have a coal fired or wood burning pizza oven, but they still turn out some incredibly tasty pies and some lovely pasta dishes at reasonable prices. Room in the back is nice, but unfortunately very loud, so sit up front if you don't mind trading a little less ambience for less noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Umberto is worth the tripJoeGDined on 10/2/2013I went with two of my friends for lunch and I can't wait to go back. The food was all first rate and the service was impeccable. I wasn't sure what to expect as the place is a glorified Pizza place, but if you want first class Italian food with gravy like your mom use to make, this the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little disappointed.Foodlover37Dined on 10/1/2013The food was delicious. The only problem we had was that the food took forever to come to our table even though it was pretty empty in the restaurant. We also didn't get our salad served to us and it had to be wrapped up to take home. The waiter was very nice. I really don't think that the food not coming to our table was his fault.Special Features:
- LoudMaryAnnVIPDined on 9/26/2013Come here a lot. It's just a shame it's so noisy. We had to stop bringing my parents because of the noise level....they couldn't hear anything!I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewLV2dineVIPDined on 9/20/2013The service is excellent. The restaurant is lovely. The noise level in the back dining room is too loud. There are usually large gatherings there. Also perhaps the acoustics contribute to the noise. The meatballs and pepperoni are too salty. The pasta is fair. I prefer Fanatico's and NovitaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best pizza by far, withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2013The best pizza by far, with the added pleasure of delicious Italian entrees to choose from. Aside from the reliably good food, the service is what keeps me and my family returning. We know the waiters by name, we are treated wonderfully, and it feel like our family dinner in our own dining room, but we don't have to cook or clean up! And I will never be able to make a better pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice sized portions.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2013Good food, nice sized portions. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great FoodFoodie22Dined on 8/2/2013The food was very delicious and the decor was adorable in the restaurant area. However, I did not like how the tables were on top of one another. I felt like the people next to me were sitting at my table with me and my boyfriend. When it was time to get up and leave I had to move our table over to get out so I didn't end up knocking anything over on their table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, solid and dependable diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/13/2013Umberto's delivers a great tasting dining experience. We have been there many times and they have not failed us yet...Service is spot on.....and items are fairly priced... time and time again they always deliver...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Family PlaceMerrickMamaDined on 6/22/2013Recently, we had an extended family dinner at Umbertos Our party consisted of seven adults, a teenager, a three-year-old, and a one-year-old. We ordered a variety of dishes, and, without a single exception, every dish was pronounced to be "excellent." Our waitress, Lisa, was gracious and attentive, and took special interest in making certain hat everyone, including the kids, was happy. We all packed up doggie bags to take home because the portions of delicious food were so huge! We all vowed to return.Special Features:
- Happy Friends We took friendsbluemoonDined on 6/22/2013Happy Friends We took friends with us to Umberto's we were hoping they would enjoy the good food. You see our friend can be a little difficult to please. We'll Umberto's was a hit and our friends have an new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodTriedDined on 5/17/2013Very good experience as usual! Love the Shrimp Fra Diavlo!Special Features:
- DissapointedSusanDined on 5/12/2013I've been going to Umbertos in Wantagh for a few years and lately they've been slipping. The service is slow and the food is not as good as it used to be. I went there about a month ago and then returned on Mother's Day with my family. I thought I just had one bad night, but both occasions the food and service were not up to par. I'm dissapointed because this was my go to restaurant for any occasion. Unfortunately I will no longer go there unless it's for a slice of pizza.
- Great PlaceTriedDined on 5/11/2013We get Pizza from here, and had dined here before as well. Great food the few times we visited. Had the Shrimp Fra Diavlo this time, and it was one of the best I had ever tasted. Great spot for last minute dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My only complaint is thatLindyDined on 5/4/2013My only complaint is that I had reservations for six people at 6:30. There is really no waiting area so we tried to stay by the bar but we were in everyone's way. Even though there were empty tables in the dining room we were not seated until 6:50. I do not think there were enough waiters working being that it was very busy which made the noise level extremely high . I will say the food was excellent no complaints from anyone . I will definitely return but probably not on a sat. NightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Experience at UmbertosDissapointedDined on 5/4/2013We celebrate all our special events there. For my daughter's communion we arrived with our family (16 people) and were told there was no reservation. I had arranged it via open table and I had a confirmation # as well. The Hostess/manager was abrupt and kept stating that there was no reservation in the system. They walked away from us, he was rude to my husband and sister when asked why this was happening. My daughter-the 8 year old celebrating her day was the last to receive her meal, and in general service was staggered. In the end, I was told the girl had cancelled our reservation instead of confirming it! No courtesy for their error was offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for a pizza .primecutDined on 4/13/2013great place for a pizza . or italian heros. , noisy,Special Features:
- My shrimp special with mushroomsCocoDined on 3/31/2013My shrimp special with mushrooms in wine sauce was delicious.Special Features:
- The only bad thing about thisMaryAnnVIPDined on 3/23/2013The only bad thing about this restaurant is the noise level. It is so noisy you can't hear across the table or the waiter recite the specials.
- great food, along with exceptionalNewYorker1Dined on 3/23/2013great food, along with exceptional service,from Wendell made our dining experience enjoyable.Special Features:
- been here so many times .OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013been here so many times . had birthday get together the waiter was greatSpecial Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Always love their pizza and garllic knots. Portions of food are huge! Salads are great too.Special Features: