15023 Marine Drive
White Rock, BC V4B 1C3Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ulisrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6045389373x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00AM - 4:00PM
Dinner: Daily: 4:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Global, International, Bistro
- Executive Chef: Jennie Silk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music open mic every Sunday night
A word from Uli's Restaurant
Uli's Restaurant is a White Rock institution. Opened in 1986 by Uli Blume, it was one of White Rock's original waterfront restaurants and quickly became a favourite among locals for its great food and friendly atmosphere. Uli's son Tyson took over operations in 2008 and he picked up right where his father left off – providing the White Rock waterfront with a fun and relaxed place to enjoy a vibrant atmosphere, stunning water views, refreshingly simple food, an extensive international beer list, and a diverse selection of wines. Chef Jennie Silk is also making quite an impression on locals as they flock for her impeccable local flavours on the menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Uli's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in White Rock ›
Uli's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (18)neighborhood gem (17)great for outdoor dining (14)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (10)good for groups (9)great for brunch (9)hot spot (8)special occasion (7)kid-friendly (6)romantic (5)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Never disappointsmaryekDined on 10/4/2014Uli's was a happening place this weekend with Oktoberfest! It was festive with a special Oktoberfest menu that tasted fantastic!Special Features:
- great paella!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014We ordered the oysters rockefeller as a starter and had the Thursday night paella special for the main. The serving was as delicious as it was huge! Very enjoyable dinner and our server was great.Special Features:
- Nice for kids..mydinereviewVIPDined on 9/15/2014My daughter enjoyed the kids menu selections and the fun coloring book and colors the waitress offered.Special Features:
- Don't goGstarDined on 8/29/2014The food sucked the waiter was unimpressive for the money I spent I was not really wowed
- GinnyGinnDined on 8/29/2014Felt like you were having dinner at your Greek family friend's house. The staff was womderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & ServiceshomechefvincentVIPDined on 8/23/2014Love the burger here. Like the potato bun with caramelized shallots. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- FoodtorememberfoodiesDined on 7/13/2014We always enjoy the different specials on the menu or stick with an old favourite, the paella or Uli's famous hamburgers. The atmosphere is great, all the staff is friendly and we like it when the "chef comes out to chat".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for the Paella!DavebcDined on 7/10/2014Have been to Ulis a few times and always had the Paella-it has a little spicey kick to it, the seafood changes each time, with what is available seasonally I presume, and you get a lot of it! My wife and I shared an order for one along with an appetizer. Thursdays, the last day I was there, has the added bonus of it being the "special of the day" and is $10 off! As I mentioned, we also shared an appetizer which was also fabulous-the charcuterie plate, a nice assortment of cheeses and meats with home made crostinis. Service was wonderful, interactive but not intrusive and the outdoor street side seating has a terrific view out across the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RussPhinicky1Dined on 7/4/2014This restaurant was excellent, good food and great location with a good view from the Patio, even on a rainy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mar123Dined on 6/27/2014Food is always good & have a good selection of beer on their menuSpecial Features:
- The following 88 reviews are from the Uli's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Highs and LowsfoodsnobDined on 3/22/2014As always the food is very tasty. We visited for brunch and thoroughly enjoyed the shared appetizer of baked brie. Unfortunately the second appetizer, oysters Rockefeller, did not make an appearance. When our various benedicts arrived we asked our waitress and she said she "forgot to put the order in". The benedicts were all yummy and the Hollandaise was perfect; except everything was luke warm with the exception of the muffins which were stone cold. We did bring this to the attention of our server and she said she would pass it on but that was apparently the end of the matter. The oysters arrived shortly after we had finished our egg courses and they were wonderful. I find the air temperature in the restaurant very cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first visit andcobaltbobDined on 3/13/2014This was our first visit and both my wife and I are looking forward to our next time! We were thrilled with the beer and wine listings, offering some really interesting options. labels that you rarely find in restaurants. The food was excellent, very nice selection, and presented in a comfortable way, with explanations from our server on where the food was sourced and how it had been handled. And the view of the waterfront is a wonderful bonus, something we both enjoy; now we have a new favourite place to go back to in White Rock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely AmazingFoodyDined on 2/14/2014This was my second time here. Was the most amazing and beautiful night I've had in a long time. What made this night even better aside from my beautiful date, was Neil. He made our night that much more memorable. Freindly, knowledgeable, and purely genuine. Will definitely go back there, and i highly recomend this place to anyone and everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portions went down, prices went upEzo55Dined on 2/14/2014Valentines 4 course dinner was $60 each person. But the deal is, 2 of the dishes is shared between 2 people. Feels like that really cheaper out and took advantage of the valentines day dinner. First dish was some pancake with caviar. It was so tiny. Plus the little specks of caviar on top. Leaving the place with a $200 which included wine and a 15% tip, we decided to grab an extra slice of pizza. No, we are not overweight people.Special Features:
- disappointedshnooksDined on 1/31/2014My wife and I were looking forward to Uli's as we had been there quite a few times before, which was probably 9-10 years ago. and we were a bit disappointed it seemed more rushed and the food was not as good as it had been. There were lots of children and a fair bit of noise. still just as expensive.Special Features:
- Great food, beer and people!FoodWineFunDined on 1/17/2014One of our favourite places to go in WR! Lots of GF options. Great beer list!Special Features:
- New Years EveBrookeDined on 12/31/2013We reserved seating on open table because there was no mention of a set menu on their website and I really enjoy their regular menu. We received a call the day of to confirm our reservation because it was new years eve. When we arrived, we were provided with a set menu that did not have any of the regular items. We were very disappointed and ended up leaving before we ordered anything. We were told that they communicated the set menu on facebook and twitter but did not update their website. Disappointed about that evening, but have had very good experiences there before and so will likely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favourite spotsArprofDined on 12/3/2013One of my favourite spots to eat. Food is awesome and the beer list is off the chartsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local gemSophiasdadDined on 12/2/2013My wife and I came on a Monday The restaurant had people but our table was quiet and we could talk as we wanted without shouting. The service made that easy also. Just enough attention for when we needed something and in the background when we didn't. We never felt rushed and our server was friendly and just the right kind if great - never interrupting and taking her curs to converse more from us. In fact though the person who welcomed us in was genuine and truly welcoming for a local restaurant. The food was the best non ethnic food / comfort food we have had in White Rock. Cocktails, shared beet salad, two entrees and a shared panacotta came to 86.00 plus tip. And this was extremely good food. The cocktails were the best I have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best visit to dateLovethebeegDined on 12/2/2013We live in White Rock and have been several times over the years and this was the best visit by far . The service was by far the best by far due to the young lady who shared her knowledge and passion for the food. Thank you , i do apologise as I do not know her name but she does live on a farm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & value on the beachWestcoastchrisDined on 12/2/2013Went there for a birthday. The calamari was fantastic, spicy but not greasy and it came with a side salad that had a tart apple dressing. The fish and chips were also very good and the service was excellent. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedNatalieVIPDined on 11/8/2013I hadn't been to Uli's in about 10 years - it has changed and the food is delicious. I've now been twice in the past 2 weeks. Perfect for a casual meal, friendly staff, lively atmosphere. The food is unpretentious and the portions are generous. I enjoyed the dungeness crab cakes and the bison carpaccio. The chocolate cake was fabulous - a nice birthday treat.Special Features:
- Awesome EveningRoseDined on 10/5/2013We made reservations not realizing thatit was Octoberfest so were pleasantly surprised by the costumes and entertainment. Uli's is a fun place and the food is wonderful...the staff is great :) Will definetely bring our out of town guests there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view from window seat.GerryDined on 9/19/2013Great view from window seat. Food and service excellentSpecial Features:
- Best Evening Out in A Long Timewait4meDined on 8/30/2013We had not been to Uli's before, but had heard much about this lovely restaurant right on Marine Drive. They have won Best Burger in The Now's Best Burger contest for years running, and had to try it out. We sat outside - beautiful night, gorgeous view of the ocean. Our server was amazing and friendly. We met the owner, the son of Uli. Very personable, and he made sure to chat with every table. Love that! He obviously cares very much for his customers. The food was outstanding - our party had the schnitzel, paella and the Uli Burger and all were fabulous. Highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a gorgeous view, great service and fantastic food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food inconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2013Clam Chowder and chorizo vongole pasta very good. They ran out of Salmon, but the halibut was overcooked and the risotto was undercooked. Premises could use some updating and painting, and cleaning. Staff's clothing looked a little untidy and in need of cleaning. Cheerful, helpful staff and prompt service.Special Features:
- Food and service exceptional.....wiLYNNDined on 8/4/2013Food and service exceptional.....wish parking was easier to find.Special Features:
- Wonderful brunch spotPattiDined on 7/6/2013A friend and I went to Uli's for Brunch on the waterfront. Ordered a crab cake starter, and split eggs benedict and a chicken sandwich with dried cranberries and goat cheese. Both of our entrees were delicious and well worth ordering, but the crab cakes were the hands down winner. Don't miss these.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely view and right acrossveryvicDined on 6/29/2013lovely view and right across from thr beach. our server was excellent and we were never left waiting for service. the outside patio seating is great and has a nice ambience, although street noise is loud. lastly and most important, the food was fantastic. our table had a variety of dishes and no one was left disappointed. i got the veggie burger and it was SO GOOD. im not even a vegitarian but i wuld definitely order it over a beef patty any day. great resturant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decadent Burgerjcb93Dined on 6/28/2013I had the Burger with cafe de paris which was explained to us a butter sauce made with 27 ingredients! It was a great burger along with great friites. Our server Stephanie was so knowledgeable about all the food and the wine and made our experience at Uli's that much better. Being that it's right on the strip, it can be noisy with street traffic but the view and the atmosphere makes it all worth it.Special Features:
- the appetizer and salad dressingSabineDined on 5/12/2013the appetizer and salad dressing were excellent. But the schnitzel was only so-so. I wouldn't order it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White Rock - casual cool vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/5/2013Great view - friendly, casual artistic modern vibe. Great place to meet friends for dinner and drinks. Sometimes has live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at UliParkyDined on 4/27/2013Food is excellent, portions were not too large. Restaurant is very noisy. Service was great and prices are about right for the dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great family birthday dinnerStrugzDined on 4/27/2013This was my second visit. The first was kind of rushed as we had to get to a show, but we loved the food so much we wanted to go back. This visit was for a family b-day celebration, and our party of 6 including two youngsters really enjoyed our more leisurely dinner. Food was fantastic, service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2013Lets start at the begining. Last summer a friend I decided to walk into Uli's for a burger. We thought we've never been here and lets give it a try. We are glad we did. The burgers are great, they are also different, I would have never tried guac on a burger but it was great. Uli's ia now a staple for us, great food, a wicked beer menu, only fresh ingredients in the drinks, and a great blueberry cheesecake. They also have a very friendly staffSpecial Features:
- I find the quality of theGerryDined on 4/17/2013I find the quality of the food has deteriorated in my recent visits. It used to be exceptional and now is ok. We used to leave saying wow and now we say hmmm.... The location is great. On this visit the roasted potatoes were overcooked and dry, the hunter sauce on the schnitzel was ordinary and not well presented.Special Features:
- Uli's is where to go on the beach!GadgetgaleyDined on 4/15/2013Always an enjoyable, relaxing, fun time with great food and service.Special Features:
- Amazing meal. The charcouterieStrugzDined on 2/22/2013Amazing meal. The charcouterie plate was unbelievable. Oysters wer fantastic, and the schnitzel neptune was moist and flavorful. Our server was friendly and knew a lot about the menu. The decor is textbook white rock - looks like an old fish and chips dive with a facelift. Best meal I have had south of the Fraser river.Special Features:
- The food and service was awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The food and service was awesome! We will definitely be back. Thanks AgainSpecial Features:
- Love Uli'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/16/2013Uli's makes a great Schnitzel Neptune, and paella is a feast! We usually have leftovers, but everything was so good, we ate every last bite!! Great service, along with a nice wine list. Mid-week was quiet, always a pleasure to dine at Uli's.Special Features: