103 1st Avenue
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
KoreanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theuglykitchen.com/
- Phone: 2127776677
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 4:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Korean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night
- Entertainment: DJ Thursday to Saturday nights
A word from Ugly Kitchen
Ugly Kitchen specializes in an eclectic Korean fusion menu. We take a lot of pride in not only our delicious food and drinks, but in having a great time. Ugly is known for the holy Grill which pumps out mouthwatering Steaks and meats cooked perfectly to order as well as for our eclectic bar sides and pastas. We keep our menu prices recession friendly, so your wallet is as happy as your stomach. Ugly has a very comfortable and relaxed atmosphere, but we like to turn things up and have our fun Thursday to Saturday nights with a DJ and full bar which runs until 4am. UK specializes in parties and events as well. So feel free to contact us if you're interested in being the next great host.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ugly Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great experiencejcmeatloverVIPDined on 6/25/2013Asian fusion/Argentina everything was delicious! Spicy pork bun is a must try, the ugly dumplings were good and the Pork Belly was delicious. Drinks seemed too easy to drink but there was definitely a good amount of alcohol there, it's just yummy. Lycee Martini and Cucumber Peach was a little to the sweet side for me. Green tea martini was different, i think it's a hit or miss, i liked it. The bartender was very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was nothing to writeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/12/2013Food was nothing to write home about. The high-tops were so high off the ground and uncomfortable to sit in, but apparently you have to be a party to sit at an actual table in the back. The at he was waiter had absolutely no idea where he was, or that he was supposed to be taking our order. Don't come here for dinner, because the bar crowd get's over-oppressive, noisy, and skulks over your table waiting for you to leave.Special Features:
- Was expecting more elevatedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2013Was expecting more elevated flavors, but all dishes were good. The happy hour drink prices really cannot be beat and make this a great option for a more affordable evening.Special Features:
- Although it wasn't what weOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/20/2012Although it wasn't what we expected, the service and food was great. We expected more of a restaurant versus a trendy bar that serves food.Special Features:
- love this placelovetoeat718Dined on 11/20/2012Loved this place as usual. Everything was great - the food, the service and the over all feel of the night. Friends were in from out of town and this was one of the places i really wanted to take them to. I highly recommend it to anyone - looking for good food drinks and delicious food.Special Features:
- Amazing place for an amazing nightlovetoeat718Dined on 9/28/2012I was there a month ago for a date and it was amazing - we loved the food, dj - music, bar, and ambiance as a whole. So we decided to have a birthday dinner there. The place was just as amazing and the whole party enjoyed it. The appetizers, entrees and drinks were delicious. The staff including the owner were very welcoming and made the night even better. We decided to stick around after dinner and have drinks at the bar - which we all enjoyed the drinks, bartender and DJ. The music was great - just the right volume where you can feel the music but not have any problems talking to the person your with. Overall an amazing restaurant i'd definitely go back to and recommend to others.Special Features:
- Great happy hour selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2012Great happy hour selection and delicious dishes with an Asian twistSpecial Features:
- Nice neighb spot-- limitedRandPVIPDined on 7/28/2012Nice neighb spot-- limited menu, yet all creatively presented. Go for friendly bar, early or lateSpecial Features:
- Interesting mix of flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/6/2012Interesting mix of flavors and spice in every dish. Service by far won my heart at this restaurant. Service was impeccable. Staff was very friendly and attentive. My friend's chicken was not cooked through and the manager immediately returned it to the kitchen, replaced the entire plate with a new dish and then later on we come to find they took the dish off the bill. I will return.Special Features:
- Great specialty martini'sOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/21/2012Great specialty martini's and only $6 on happy hour until 8!! Pork Belly was fantastic.Special Features:
- Only worth it for Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2012Good Happy Hour... but some of the drinks were good and then when re-ordered were not. The dumplings were meh but the fries and shrimp were pretty good. The buffalo winfs were just sour hot sauce sauced... gross. The pork belly and steak were ok but the grilled chicken was amazingly flavorful and moist! 5 of us orderd that after 1 taste! The service left alot to be desired. When I had to send my wings back, he didnt even offer me a replacement dish until we flagged him down. He disappeared so many times and even in mid-conversation... we were like what? He didn't even know the dessert menu and changed the options on us after checking in the back, but he was sweet regardless.Special Features:
- It was aight. Bit empty forBelievemeVIPDined on 6/2/2012It was aight. Bit empty for a Saturday night. Especially since it was nearing the expiration date for the discount coupon we were using. (Why does everyone wait until it's about to expire to use these things? Because we can! ;)Special Features:
- Extremely noisy to the pointOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/1/2012Extremely noisy to the point where even shouting doesn't work. Works for a bar, not for a restaurant.
- Place was empty on a ThursdaytravellerVIPDined on 5/17/2012Place was empty on a Thursday at 7PM. Service was attentive, but I guess it was because there were no other patrons. The chicken wings were fantastic. We had 4 other dishes. The other foods were passable at best. There are plenty of amazing places in this area. I wouldn't waste my money here again.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/1/2012I had been to Ugly Kitchen on New Year's Eve, and so when thinking about where I wanted to celebrate my birthday, I settled on Ugly Kitchen because I loved the food, the space and the staff was very friendly. I made early dinner reservations for 12 on a Tuesday night and the staff couldn't have been more wonderful! We had drinks at the bar and then sat down for dinner. We ordered several appetizers, including the Ugly Dumplings and several of us ordered the pork belly for dinner. The manager even surprised me with a birthday dessert My friends are huge foodies and they loved the food and the restaurant space. I will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Sad. Such potential. NicejlonycVIPDined on 4/20/2012Sad. Such potential. Nice waiter butbrought all food at once. Ambiance terrible. Food, hit and miss. Food is fried and bar foid. Not a restaurant but okay bar. Nice cocktails.
- I came here with a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2012I came here with a friend for Friday night dinner and drinks, and we had a great time. The ambiance was loud and energetic, but not overwhelming. The cocktails were interesting and delicious, and the pork belly buns were to die for.Special Features:
- There were only two tableslaserguyVIPDined on 3/19/2012There were only two tables being served but several people at the bar for a happy hour that runs to 9pm. there was only one employee, trying her best, to run the bar and restaurant. seeing how long it took to get 2 apps and drinks we left to go elsewhere for dinner. the place is barren with no ambience at all, zero class or effort put into the place. i see no reason to return
- Great service, great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2012Great service, great food, good drinks. Came in with a group of 14 and we all left full and happy!!Special Features:
- We have a fun evening here.PointCloatesVIPDined on 3/10/2012We have a fun evening here. The food is good and very good value. Likewise the drinks. Service was very efficient and friendly. Overall vibe is great - just as you would expect from the St Marks - E. Village location. point cloatesSpecial Features:
- great service, great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/8/2012great service, great food, great vibe. awesome happy hour prices.Special Features:
- The UK Buns are very good.jWP1VIPDined on 2/22/2012The UK Buns are very good. Good place to share small plates. Portion sizes of entrees are perfect. Could use a bit more Korean spice or sauce in the food. However, very good food. Great place when you are in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Deeeelicious!!Clr1021111Dined on 2/18/2012Awesome food! Great drinks! Daily happy hour specials! The grilled chicken was amazing!!! The pork belly was divine. There wasn't a crumb left on our plates!! The staff is friendly and the atmosphere is trendy!Special Features:
- Food,great. Service, not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012The food was exceptional. Presentation was great. Taste was great. No complaints here. But, the service was not impressive. Granted, there was a basketball game going on while we were there (and Jeremy Lin hit a game-winning shot), so I can understand some service slowing down while all the cheering settled down... But we didn't get our check until 40 minutes after we were done eating. Not acceptable in the least. Nobody looked in our direction. Nobody asked about our water. Nobody asked if we were okay.
- Good food, weird atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/26/2011Really tasty food. Not a foodie atmosphere though... r&b music and dim lighting made it feel like an nyu / lychee martini party place. Cocktails (pear, lychee) were too sweet. Loved the pork buns and the dumplings, though. All the food was really good.