Tzin Wine & Tapas
10115 - 104 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 0Z9Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: CAN$30 and under
Tzin Wine & Tapas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tzin.ca/
- Phone: 7804288946x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chef Corey McGuire
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: TZiN offers catering for small to mid sized functions. Call us directly to discuss your requirements (780-428-8946).
- Private Party Facilities: TZiN is available for private parties and will offer your group an intimate environment in which to celebrate, reunite, or conduct business. We strive to accommodate all of your needs and any special requests.
- Private Party Contact: Kelsey Danyluk 7804288946x
- Cross Street: Jasper Ave NW
- Public Transit: We are located next to the Bay (LRT) subway station. Jasper Avenue is located one half block south of TZiN. Here you will find several routes which service the downtown core, also making accessibility to TZiN very convenient.
- Parking: Street Parking
A word from Tzin Wine & Tapas
TZiN Wine & Tapas has been voted Edmonton's #1 Tapas Restaurant in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013. We offer an eclectic array of tapas for sharing and an ever-changing wine list which is offered by the glass, half glass, or bottle. Our environment is intimate and welcoming. We invite you as friends and treat you like family.Continued
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLINE RESERVATIONS ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR PARTIES UP TO 6 GUESTS. PLEASE CALL TZiN TO INQUIRE ABOUT LARGER GROUPS.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLINE RESERVATIONS ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR PARTIES UP TO 6 GUESTS. PLEASE CALL TZiN TO INQUIRE ABOUT LARGER GROUPS.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Tzin Wine & Tapas - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Tzin Wine & Tapas reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (93)notable wine list (91)romantic (76)special occasion (75)neighborhood gem (66)late-night find (35)hot spot (33)great for outdoor dining (12)vibrant bar scene (7)good for groups (5)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- FrankinsteinDined on 10/18/2014Tzin is known for its wine list and focuses on tapas - so go prepared to share! We were hungry enough that we didn't particularly want to do so, though, and it still worked. I started off with the sherry mushrooms in puff pastry; I was willing to share a bite, but not more, with my co-diner. They were just too good. My entree was the flat-iron steak (with accompanying mushrooms and though I thought I'd be mushroom'd out, they were so different and delectably done that I found myself - stuffed to the gills - wishing for more), done perfectly medium-rare and so tender that it needed only a soft touch with the knife. Dessert was a last-minute substitution of in-house chocolate cheesecake. Again, perfectly done. We'll be back, and soon.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Incredibly knowledgeable staff made it a very special experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceTravisDined on 10/17/2014Loved this place! Great food and exceptional service. We opted for the Feed Me experience and just as Glen promised we were not disappointed. The food was great, the wine pairings very good and the overall experience was fantastic. I would rank Tzin as one of the best dining experiences in the city, loved it!Special Features:
- Great tapas in EdmontonAguiarVIPDined on 10/16/2014I have been Edmonton on a business. My family and I are pretty familiar with Spanish food for about half century. I deiced to try Tzin's.. The food, atmosphere and mainly the service was PERFECT. The lady who served on my table was the absolute awesome. I felt paid each cents of tip I gave It is a small restaurant I ordered two different dishes mushroom tart, and Nicoise Frittata, delicious. They wine list is also a plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go back again and again1C2CDined on 10/11/2014The food was remarkable (you will never eat regular bacon again!) The staff was cool, laid back and charismatic. Tzin is indeed very small, but it's charming, romantic and intimate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tzin is amazin!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014I have been to Tzin several times over the last few years and it is always great. This time we chose the "Feed me" option where you tell your server how hungry you are and they bring you dishes. I had one specification- I wanted to try the new mushroom tart. So they brought that first and it was even more delicious than the previous mushroom creation. Then can't the braised bacon crostini - what can go wrong with bacon! So tasty. The third dish was the paella - which is Tzin's signature dish but I had never tried it. Wow! Such a wonderful combination of flavours and textures! Will order that again for sure. Somehow we saved room for dessert and ordered the chocolate terrine- basically a very soft and creamy cheesecake- was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was expecting more...KushDined on 10/9/2014We went here for date night and it was a lot smaller than we thought, but it was nicely decorated and felt cozy. You don't get much privacy from the other patrons, as they don't have enough room to have a lot of separation in between tables. Our server was very professional and was able to suggest some unique menu items, but extremely slow in getting around from table to table. He was slow only because he was the only one waiting on ALL of the tables, while three of the other staff stood around in the kitchen. We had a clear view of the the kitchen and the staff were very unprofessional! They were constantly texting on their cell phones in between making a few dishes here and there. The food was good, but way over-price...we won't be back
- Amazing time!TatianaVIPDined on 10/9/2014Glen is amazing. He was very knowlegable and pleasant. His option to "Feed me" (us) was great. It gave our party the opportunity to try so much on the menu. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to try something fun and delicious.Special Features:
- NevloveDined on 10/4/2014Food, service, ambiance, awesome, awesome, awesome!!! Had to wait for a table for half an hour (place is very small and space limited to wait inside - luckily weather was still good enough but it would be too crowded if we had to wait inside). Overall it is definetly place to visit.Special Features:
- Anniversary get awayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Interesting idea - small restaurant, makes it comfortable, European style. Friendly hosts. But it was a disappointing experience for our anniversary get away. After booking on line, I contacted the facility over the phone to check earlier time, if possible. The host told me that there was one but at the bar. After I gave my name and told about the occasion, the host recommended to keep original reservation. Really, very few would like yo be located at the bar at such event. Once we showed up for our time, we were surprised to find ourself at the bar table. Both of us decided to stay to check this highly popular place that requires advance reservation of the bar table. We did not let it ruin our evening by getting in the wine spirit.Special Features:
- feed me!foodieatheartDined on 10/3/2014Feed me is actually a menu item on Tzin's menu. That's what we went with which meant they got to decide what we ate. They just ask how hungry you are and then the food starts to come. It was perfectly timed for a nice relaxing evening. The food was delicious and unique and is perfect for sharing. This really isn't the place you go if you each want your own meal. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than five stars!ckaroniDined on 10/1/2014Four of us (two on a blind date, by the way...) had an amazing dinner the other night at Tzin. The person who waited on our table was the absolute best and she suggested that instead of ordering, she would just bring us their favorites. Plenty of time for relaxing and getting to know one another, while well-timed delicious plates continued to be served to us. The wine we had was great, as well. Very small, intimate dining as if we're being hosted in someone's home. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely anniversary dinnerAlexADined on 9/30/2014Celebrating our 19 anniversary at Tzin was perfect. I love that we can put ourselves in the owners competent hands and will be fed the best tapas with the tastiest wine pairings. A great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb DinnerDinnerDined on 9/26/2014Fantastic meal! Tzin has a great option called "Feed Me"-you tell them how hungry you are and they take care of dish selection. The quality of dishes was fantastic and the staff were great. We are looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always spectacularCStrawsonVIPDined on 9/24/2014The combination of outstanding local food prepared creatively, matched perfectly with a global wine list and amazing, knowledgeable staff make this a go-to location for me. I never get tired of Tzin. Or the bacon crostini with apple gastrique.Special Features:
- Wow.Foodie65Dined on 9/23/2014Wow! Again ... wow! Tzin is physically small (make a reservation or be prepared to be disappointed) but it delivers big on both the gastronomical AND dining experience. I'd love this in my own city!Special Features:
- Best kept secretPatriciaVIPDined on 9/23/2014This very small restaurant will surprise you, really great food served tapas style, a terrific wine collection, and wonderful staff. be sure and make a reservation though, did I mention that its very small?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedDiningDivaDined on 9/20/2014Portions are very very small and overpriced...The cheese board was a joke..literally 3 slices of cheese for $21.00 ...We ordered 6 tapas and nothing was worth mentioning.
- paella pésimalookin4flavourDined on 9/19/2014My girlfriend and I found the atmosphere to be quite comfortable and really liked the fact that the on goings of the kitchen could be seen from where we were sat and did enjoy the wine list but, what we didn't enjoy was the paella. We were both hungry and the menu boasted it was a dish for two. Well it wasn't nor was it flavourful. The rice tasted like it was simply mixed with tomato paste and with a few chunks of sausage. We found a few of the mussles to be flavourful but in the wrong they were bad. We have eaten paella on two continents and prepare it ourselves at home. We didn't think there was any authenticity to this dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/18/2014Thank-you to Glen and everyone at Tzin for an outstanding dining experience. We were glad we came from the moment we walked in the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super in all ways but onepiqpstVIPDined on 9/18/2014The only minor thing I couldn't get used to was the small seating area and tight spacing. If this bothers you don't come here. That being said, everything else was awesome. I will definitely come back here but only when I can sit out on their patio.Special Features:
- Very small, food makes up for it.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014You will be surprised when you walk in the door and there's someone sitting right in front of you coming in the door. The place is very tiny. However, the food is fantastic and the two gentlemen working the floor keep you engaged and entertained. Just don't put your gum on the side plate. I recommend the Bacon and the Beef.
- great food, better wineWinofoodieDined on 9/12/2014If you are unsure of what kind of wine to get, ask for a recommendation. All of the wine is fantastic, so you can't go wrong with this. The food overall was great. One caveat - our dessert wasn't fresh, and came out within a minute of ordering. We could've used more time after dinner, and I guess we could've asked to wait a bit before bringing it out, but usually it takes 5-10 minutes! We had the berry pie and it was stale. All in all a great restaurant for special occasions or a romantic night out with your partner. Dining here is a unique experience!Special Features:
- suberb menuBrickerFoodDined on 8/30/2014Food lived up to the hype quite well. Small portions for the price, but that's to be expected at any high end fine dining place. Service was perfect, very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointed this timeCleoVIPDined on 8/29/2014Do not let this stop you from going! I just was unhappy with the food and crowd this time. The table of obnoxious ladies cannot be controlled...my paella and potatoes could be. The Paella was bland and the potatoes under cooked. A first for both.... Never fear Glen, I will be back again next week :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best 6 Tables in EdmontonThirstyForMoreVIPDined on 8/29/2014Tzin continues to delight with creative menus and a very impressive wine list. Simply THE best 6 tables in Edmonton, yummy food, dedicated service and an ambiance well worth the $250 tab. (We only wish they would open on Mondays as a private cooking school :)
- Never disappointing..spoiledfoodieDined on 8/22/2014I've had a love affair with Tzin for sometime now. Sadly, most of my former restaurant 'loves' at some point end up letting me down and the affair ends. Over the past many years, Tzin, has been my only a few consistents in Edmonton to not break my heart. Dinner for this reservation had me bring a well traveled/worldly foodie from Holland. We chose a grand bottle of Zenato Amarone and allowed the staff to pick 5 dishes for us....in no way were we disappointed and both agreed that my love affair will continue to blossom with this extraordinary restaurant. I feel spoiled that Edmonton should have such a delightful gem in her core.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Night OutBigT56Dined on 8/22/2014Amazing from top to bottom. Great staff great atmosphere and the best of all was the good and wine. We ordered one of everything and it was all breath taking. The highlight was the dish Bacon, took dining to a whole other level. We sat there for one hour and forty five minutes. The best experience food wise I have ever had. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Amazingtry2bwiseDined on 8/20/2014Time and time again we go back to this place. They never disappoint and always have something new to amaze.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- justicejVIPDined on 8/20/2014This is a wonderful restaurant one of the best in Edmonton Food is extraordinary . let the waiter order for you and sit bacj and enjoySpecial Features:
- food a bit disappointingthereyagoDined on 8/20/2014The dishes were adequate but not particularly outstanding for the price. Nice place to go to and the music was what we like so it was a good time. Except as a special occasion, we probably won't return.Special Features:
- Fantastic, but priceythedudeDined on 8/16/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday as she is a foodie and a wine-o. I have to say that everything was amazing, the food, the service, the atmosphere. The only hang up I have is that if you're hungry, it can be expensive because of the fact that tapas is small portions. If you love wine and just want some snacks, its perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceLuluDined on 8/16/2014We celebrates our 2 year wedding anniversary there on Saturday. The owner was really nice and paired all of our food with some wonderful wines. The food was excellent and I cannot stop dreaming of the caramel sauce that they serve on the steak! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night Out!courtwestDined on 8/15/2014We had a great start to our Girls Night out at Tzin Wine Bar. The Tapas were absolutely incredible and the wine was deliciously paired. Great ambiance and service as well. Could have stayed all night! Very small so an intimate feel good for a night with friends or a date night! Be sure to make a reservation though!Special Features:
- Wonderful date nightFoolinloveDined on 8/15/2014My girlfriend and I really enjoyed our evening. The service was excellent and well paced, we were encouraged to enjoy and linger. The seafood paella was delicious with scallops, mussels, shrimp and crab meat, as well as tasty chorizo sausage. We had a wonderful bottle of Decoy Zinfandel, very smooth. And though we declined dessert I know they have very delicious offerings. I would go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014The service and food was fantastsic as usual. Every time we go we order the paella and we are never disappointed. Love that their menu changes with the season just a shame we didn't get to try some of the past dishes. Hopefully it will make it's way back onto the menu another day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as Always!CleoVIPDined on 8/14/2014Never a disappointment! One of my regular-favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.luv2dineDined on 8/14/2014I had ordered 6 different dishes. The bacon tapa dish and the steak entree was by far my favorite! I cant wait to go back to this neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- 104 st gemBGM1Dined on 8/2/2014Always outstanding food and service, best tapas in Edmonton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereLuv2eatDined on 8/1/2014Recently had a birthday celebration here. Food was delicious, service excellent, quick and very friendly. A bit costly for each dish and amount of food so I would probably only go for special occasions or sparingly. Wine list extensive with great selection. Recommend for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.