Tzin Wine & Tapas
10115 - 104 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 0Z9Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: CAN$30 and under
Tzin Wine & Tapas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tzin.ca/
- Phone: 7804288946x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chef Corey McGuire
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: TZiN offers catering for small to mid sized functions. Call us directly to discuss your requirements (780-428-8946).
- Private Party Facilities: TZiN is available for private parties and will offer your group an intimate environment in which to celebrate, reunite, or conduct business. We strive to accommodate all of your needs and any special requests.
- Private Party Contact: Kelsey Danyluk 7804288946x
- Cross Street: Jasper Ave NW
- Public Transit: We are located next to the Bay (LRT) subway station. Jasper Avenue is located one half block south of TZiN. Here you will find several routes which service the downtown core, also making accessibility to TZiN very convenient.
- Parking: Street Parking
A word from Tzin Wine & Tapas
TZiN Wine & Tapas has been voted Edmonton's #1 Tapas Restaurant in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013. We offer an eclectic array of tapas for sharing and an ever-changing wine list which is offered by the glass, half glass, or bottle. Our environment is intimate and welcoming. We invite you as friends and treat you like family.Continued
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLINE RESERVATIONS ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR PARTIES UP TO 6 GUESTS. PLEASE CALL TZiN TO INQUIRE ABOUT LARGER GROUPS.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLINE RESERVATIONS ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR PARTIES UP TO 6 GUESTS. PLEASE CALL TZiN TO INQUIRE ABOUT LARGER GROUPS.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Tzin Wine & Tapas - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Tzin Wine & Tapas reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)notable wine list (89)romantic (76)special occasion (75)neighborhood gem (66)late-night find (42)hot spot (35)great for outdoor dining (13)vibrant bar scene (10)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Very small, food makes up for it.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014You will be surprised when you walk in the door and there's someone sitting right in front of you coming in the door. The place is very tiny. However, the food is fantastic and the two gentlemen working the floor keep you engaged and entertained. Just don't put your gum on the side plate. I recommend the Bacon and the Beef.
- great food, better wineWinofoodieDined on 9/12/2014If you are unsure of what kind of wine to get, ask for a recommendation. All of the wine is fantastic, so you can't go wrong with this. The food overall was great. One caveat - our dessert wasn't fresh, and came out within a minute of ordering. We could've used more time after dinner, and I guess we could've asked to wait a bit before bringing it out, but usually it takes 5-10 minutes! We had the berry pie and it was stale. All in all a great restaurant for special occasions or a romantic night out with your partner. Dining here is a unique experience!Special Features:
- suberb menuBrickerFoodDined on 8/30/2014Food lived up to the hype quite well. Small portions for the price, but that's to be expected at any high end fine dining place. Service was perfect, very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointed this timeCleoDined on 8/29/2014Do not let this stop you from going! I just was unhappy with the food and crowd this time. The table of obnoxious ladies cannot be controlled...my paella and potatoes could be. The Paella was bland and the potatoes under cooked. A first for both.... Never fear Glen, I will be back again next week :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best 6 Tables in EdmontonThirstyForMoreVIPDined on 8/29/2014Tzin continues to delight with creative menus and a very impressive wine list. Simply THE best 6 tables in Edmonton, yummy food, dedicated service and an ambiance well worth the $250 tab. (We only wish they would open on Mondays as a private cooking school :)
- Never disappointing..spoiledfoodieDined on 8/22/2014I've had a love affair with Tzin for sometime now. Sadly, most of my former restaurant 'loves' at some point end up letting me down and the affair ends. Over the past many years, Tzin, has been my only a few consistents in Edmonton to not break my heart. Dinner for this reservation had me bring a well traveled/worldly foodie from Holland. We chose a grand bottle of Zenato Amarone and allowed the staff to pick 5 dishes for us....in no way were we disappointed and both agreed that my love affair will continue to blossom with this extraordinary restaurant. I feel spoiled that Edmonton should have such a delightful gem in her core.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Night OutBigT56Dined on 8/22/2014Amazing from top to bottom. Great staff great atmosphere and the best of all was the good and wine. We ordered one of everything and it was all breath taking. The highlight was the dish Bacon, took dining to a whole other level. We sat there for one hour and forty five minutes. The best experience food wise I have ever had. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Amazingtry2bwiseDined on 8/20/2014Time and time again we go back to this place. They never disappoint and always have something new to amaze.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- justicejVIPDined on 8/20/2014This is a wonderful restaurant one of the best in Edmonton Food is extraordinary . let the waiter order for you and sit bacj and enjoySpecial Features:
- food a bit disappointingthereyagoDined on 8/20/2014The dishes were adequate but not particularly outstanding for the price. Nice place to go to and the music was what we like so it was a good time. Except as a special occasion, we probably won't return.Special Features:
- Fantastic, but priceythedudeDined on 8/16/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday as she is a foodie and a wine-o. I have to say that everything was amazing, the food, the service, the atmosphere. The only hang up I have is that if you're hungry, it can be expensive because of the fact that tapas is small portions. If you love wine and just want some snacks, its perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceLuluDined on 8/16/2014We celebrates our 2 year wedding anniversary there on Saturday. The owner was really nice and paired all of our food with some wonderful wines. The food was excellent and I cannot stop dreaming of the caramel sauce that they serve on the steak! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night Out!courtwestDined on 8/15/2014We had a great start to our Girls Night out at Tzin Wine Bar. The Tapas were absolutely incredible and the wine was deliciously paired. Great ambiance and service as well. Could have stayed all night! Very small so an intimate feel good for a night with friends or a date night! Be sure to make a reservation though!Special Features:
- Wonderful date nightFoolinloveDined on 8/15/2014My girlfriend and I really enjoyed our evening. The service was excellent and well paced, we were encouraged to enjoy and linger. The seafood paella was delicious with scallops, mussels, shrimp and crab meat, as well as tasty chorizo sausage. We had a wonderful bottle of Decoy Zinfandel, very smooth. And though we declined dessert I know they have very delicious offerings. I would go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014The service and food was fantastsic as usual. Every time we go we order the paella and we are never disappointed. Love that their menu changes with the season just a shame we didn't get to try some of the past dishes. Hopefully it will make it's way back onto the menu another day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as Always!CleoDined on 8/14/2014Never a disappointment! One of my regular-favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.luv2dineDined on 8/14/2014I had ordered 6 different dishes. The bacon tapa dish and the steak entree was by far my favorite! I cant wait to go back to this neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- 104 st gemBGM1Dined on 8/2/2014Always outstanding food and service, best tapas in Edmonton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereLuv2eatDined on 8/1/2014Recently had a birthday celebration here. Food was delicious, service excellent, quick and very friendly. A bit costly for each dish and amount of food so I would probably only go for special occasions or sparingly. Wine list extensive with great selection. Recommend for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DateKeegan22Dined on 7/31/2014I took my girlfriend of four years here for her birthday. It was a place we had never been to before so we thought we'd give it a shot. The servers were very helpful and you can order half-glasses of wine so you can try a bunch of different kinds. The wines we tried were all excellent, both red and white. Tapas are appetizer plates all of one thing, and we were pretty hungry, so our server recommended the "Chef's Special". It was awesome. You get something like five Tapas plates plus a desert and they were all delicious. Definitely not cheap and you will need to book a table ahead of time. It is a very small venue and I would say probably not the best for a larger party. But for a couple on a date (or just a fancy dinner) it is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favourite dining spotlilRussianfoodieDined on 7/30/2014Tzin is my favourite place to eat in Edmonton. Fantastic food, with excellent service. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciouse food, excellent wine!!karenDined on 7/26/2014Second time eating here. And was not disappointed, the scallops were to die for :) really the whole meal was excellent. Very highly recommend this restaurant...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PestoReviewManVIPDined on 7/25/2014This time I enjoyed the butter prawns, lamb with amazing mint pesto, and the berry pie. Excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Tzin ShinescrystalpaleteDined on 7/24/2014Tucked in a corner downtown Tzin is a restaurant we will talk about for a long time. Book ahead as it only has a few tables that are always full. A unique menu had us savouring every bite against a wine list that sparkled. Highest ravings and ratings from these diners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014The food was delicious and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- A fantastic night outErnyGDined on 7/19/2014The service, food and wine cannot be beat at Tzin. We have never had less than an amazing time here.Special Features:
- Tsin Tapas has changedlinemarieDined on 7/19/2014With the departure of a long-term server. Her replacement is not as convivial, nor as attentive which detracts from the ambiance. In such a tiny restaurant the new server takes up a lot of space in both senses of the word. The owner is as fabulous as ever, excellent at making recommendations and pairing wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cozy place, great servicejoeyramoneDined on 7/17/2014I took a date here, and the service was great. They gave great advice on wine, and the owner was so sweet. Be prepared how small it is and make reservations even on weekdays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty ExperienceHappyfaceDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I enjoyed a late dinner here recently and were very impressed with the experience. We tried the Chef's Tasting Menu which varies from order to order! Ours consisted of a lovely chopped salad (can't recall the name), a sausage with bread and 3 dips (loved the violet mustard), a tasty bacon bruschetta type dish, a shrimp dish that was divine and Atlantic cod that was so flaky and delicious! It was fun to not know what was coming and the wine list was extensive. We enjoyed the option of ordering half glasses of wine and pairing different courses with different samples. The service was wonderful!Special Features:
- tzinnegachDined on 7/5/2014Excellent place. One of the wine bars in the city. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungrygakVIPDined on 7/4/2014Never disappointed. Small place but BIG on food. Love that the menu is small and intimate and all tapas styleSpecial Features:
- TZIN EncoreFoodformeDined on 7/4/2014After far too long went back to Tzin July 4 and enjoyed it from the minute we walked in until it was time to go. The food was outstanding and the service was great we didn't feel rushed as happens at other restaurants. Corey suggested we try a chefs selection and it was the only choice we needed to make for the dinner and it was a great idea. The food arrived shortly and it was excellent. From chorizo to scallop to bacon to salmon to bison it was all well prepared and left us eagerly awaiting the next offering. Dessert was a struggle already quite full but opted to share an apple dessert with a suggested Sauterne. Wow Our only regret was waiting so long to have gone back to Tzin but will not be waiting that long again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic wine bar & restaurantEdmontonVisitorDined on 7/3/2014We highly recommend this little restaurant and wine bar in downtown Edmonton. The food was delicious and the service was warm, friendly and efficient. We were even given complimentary after dinner drinks as we were celebrating an occasion.Special Features:
- LovelyCass327Dined on 7/3/2014The food was fantastic!! Everything that came out of the tiny little kitchen made us want more and more!! (And we ended up ordering over 1/2 the tapas on the menu!) I really hope this place sticks around for a long time!! I can't wait to bring friends and family here to share the expereince!Special Features:
- Bacon!!!EverybodysmommyDined on 7/1/2014We made a last minute reservation for our anniversary on Canada day after our original plans changed. Wow! We have found our new special occasion restaurant! Everything was perfect! The service was top notch and the food was incredible. We have eaten at some world class restaurants over the years, and I have to say the Bacon was the best thing I have EVER eaten, so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As enjoyable as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014It was our second time at Tzin and was as much of a pleasure as last time we went. Every single thing we ordered was delicious and their wine selection/pairing is great! Definitely a great place for tapas lovers who enjoy eating outstanding dishes for hours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticzdog911Dined on 6/28/2014What a great night out. Food was superb, wine was top notch. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- City favouriteKHobbsDined on 6/25/2014Outstanding food, outstanding wine, outstanding service. This spot remains one of my favourites in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!AnythingDeliciousDined on 6/25/2014Everything about the food was impeccable. Very pleasing presentation! The menu offers something for all so it makes for great sharing. Every bite from my fork caused me to close my eyes, sigh with delight, and come up with another way to say "delicious"! I loved everything about this dining experience. Wonderful ambiance! Great spot for a romantic date.Special Features:
- EdnaDined on 6/21/2014We were a group of six women and we enjoyed a Saturday evening of fun and good wine at Tsin. The wine menu had an extensive selection however, we were never given a food menu to look at. Upon our arrival, the waiter was quick to ask if any of us had food allergies and he suggested leaving the tapa choices with him. We said "okay" however, we soon realized that we had been too easily swayed. When I go back to Tsin, I will definitely ask for a food menu and make my own choices. The food was flavorful, but I must admit that we all walked away a little hungry. We also thought that there could have been a little more "down time" between each tapa. Kudos go out to our waiter who had a great sense of humour!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.