Typhoon Asian Bistro
725 Boylston St.
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Typhoon Asian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.typhoonboston.com/
- Phone: 6178598181
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Hours: Everyday 11:30AM - 4:00PM Dinner Hours: Sunday - Thursday 4:01PM - 11:30PM Friday - Saturday 4:01PM - 1AM Happy Hour Monday - Friday 5PM - 6:30PM Friday - Saturday 10:30PM - 1AM (transforms into an exotic Asian lounge)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Minh Thanh Nhan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Professional Catering for all occasions of up to 2000 guests.
A word from Typhoon Asian Bistro
Typhoon Asian Bistro is a unique blend of Asian cuisines, the perfect blend of food and wines. Offering an Asian cuisine made only from the freshest ingredients for a taste of perfection. Our executive chefs were trained in Japan, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam to bring you the traditional, yet contemporary Asian dishes such as Steamed Striped Bass with Ginger and Scallion Sauce, Lemongrass Pan-fried Salmon, Sizzling Thai Steak, Blazing Salmon Maki with Black Tobiko, and many more. Come and join us anytime, any occasion and indulge yourself and your guests with our culinary inventions, arts, and an extended wine list including a collection of imported Asian beers and sakes. Join us during Happy Hour to relax with our hot internation music and only pay half price on any appetizer ordered with a drink. Typhoon transforms into an exotic Asian lounge every Friday and Saturday from 10:30PM - 1AM.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Typhoon Asian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (7)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (6)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (5)great for lunch (4)special occasion (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Asian varietymoosedomeVIPDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I like this place a lot because we can each order what we like. He prefers Japanese, I like Thai. The food always exceeds my expectations, which is the most important thing in a restaurant. My favorite dish is the charred tuna appetizer. The spicy lemon grass soup is very spicy but very tasty. It's not cheap but prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TriciaDined on 8/12/2014I met friends for dinner and drinks. We ordered sushi (all kinds) and specialty drinks. Both the food and drinks were very good and the presentation ws spectacular. I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- zzzzVIPDined on 7/19/2014Third time here. The food and service were again excellent.Special Features:
- zzzzVIPDined on 7/13/2014This was our second time dining here. The food is exceptionally good. We had tuna tartare, fried calamari and soft shell crab, and minced chicken in lettuce leaves for appetizers. All three were excellent and would recommend them highly. The main courses were the Thai steak, lobster, and scallops, again all very fresh and good. The service was was very friendly but, at the same time, non-intrusive. The only weakness is the limited wine selection. Will certainly go there again.Special Features:
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerSLoverDined on 6/30/2014We had the most amazing dinner for our date night. The staff was professional, accommodating, friendly, and fast. The mood was set, with French background music, and the owner was available to speak with us. We could not have asked for better food, wine, service, or evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/18/2014Empty restaurant, owners need to reinvest in upkeep of and updates to the the establishment. Seated along a wall that was patched with duct tape, the restaurant was decorated with mismatched items. One of our sushi rolls needed to be sent back as the fish had expired and had an unpleasant odor and taste.
- Great Lengthy Menu!creativeanomalyDined on 6/6/2014Typhoon is a great place to get a drink - their specialty drink menu is extensive, and there's an open front with outdoor seating that makes for a nice setting. In addition to the drinks, the house specialty sushi list is also quite long. It was nice to try something new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty- Albeit a little priceyJamesPDined on 6/1/2014We had lunch on a busy holiday and while the food was yummy it was a little expensive $70 after tip.Special Features:
- Good SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2014Nice place in the Back Bay with an extensive yet not too expensive menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Quiet...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014It was a little too quiet for peak dinner time on a Saturday night. Sushi was okay but the food was bland and questionable. Service was alright but I will not be coming back.
- not really JapaneseOutoftownerVIPDined on 5/17/2014We went here because I had wanted to try them...I knew they had participated in restaurant week, and I thought they had decent sushi. I was wrong. The wait for food was like 90 minutes. The sushi quality and quantity was abysmal...I don't think it's really a true sushi place...more like Chinese. We got a supposed-4 person sushi boat, bit it really wasn't enough for 4 people...we went tho Wendy's afterwards because we were still hungry...That's bad sign.
- Every bite a delightKSuzanneVIPDined on 5/5/2014I was here once before and could not wait to go back. This time there were 3 of us. Throughout the meal, we were each so rapturous about our dishes that we kept offering each other tastes. We shared the vegetarian dumplings which were fantastic. The Korean beef with bim bop was incredibly tender and flavorful, and not overwhelmingly spicey hot. The salmon with curry was mild, but truly delicious. The sea bass was delicate and perfect. One of us had the will power to skip dessert, but two of us ordered fried banana with ice cream, with choices of several incredible ice cream flavors. I chose coconut. Wow... I am still reminiscing about that dessert. Our waiter was attentive, sincere, and eager to please. We can't wait to return. Yum...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best meal in recent memoryJMacklerDined on 4/28/2014The entire Typhoon experience was amazing. It was a highlight of our trip for sure. We will make it a priority every time we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 251 reviews are from the Typhoon Asian Bistro reviews archive.
- Wow!hungrydudeDined on 4/20/2014What a pleasant surprise. Food was awesome, with plenty of gluten free options for my daughter who has no choice regarding diet. Will definitely be back to eat there again next time I visit for the Boston Marathon. Boston Strong! My wife and daughters were in the bistro last year when the bombings went off while I was running, and they never were able to eat there food. We went back this year to patronize! Will be back.Special Features:
- Stick to sushij12551VIPDined on 4/5/2014Sushi is good; but the other entrees we fair. Not a bad place, but so many better places to choose from next time...
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014I'm gluten intolerant and there was a large gluten free menu with lots of choices. The restaurant had one group in it...some couples on dates and a few parents with their kids. All that, and it was still a nice quiet place to have a conversation. The food is delicious and the portions are sizable. It was a great time and I'd definitely return.Special Features:
- Asian flirtationAntikDined on 3/15/2014Presentation of the dishes was very elegant. Very interesting cocktails ;-) Food itself was good, if not particularly innovative. Service was extraordinarily attentive.Special Features:
- Good, but I wish it were betterfriedicecreamDined on 3/10/2014I have been in a couple times. For the price, I keep expecting to get blown away. That hasn't happened yet, except for the green tea fried ice cream. For the price of the food, I expect it to be better. The staff, however, are great. They can stay the same :)Special Features:
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014We went to the Typhoon Bistro prior to the symphony. We came in early but the place filled up quickly around us. Menu is not your typical Asian fusion...excellent to have something new to explore. Food was tasty, hot (when it was supposed to be) and in appropriate portions for a human. We will visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodgoodfood1Dined on 2/20/2014There was 4 of us and every one of our meals were great. The presentation was beautiful. And then the desert ...Wow was that good one was a fried banana with ice cream and the other was a fresh fruit and ice cream that the server made a fun presentation with and lite the liquor with a lighter and poured over the fruit. So good! The waiter was a kind and knowledgeable ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This place is great! The food and the presentation was impeccable. The price... A little to pricey but the experience was definitely well worth it. Would come back again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice location eating inOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014A nice location eating in this area is pleaseant. The food was great I ordered the Korean BBQ steak which was very tender the portion was a bit light though. M date ordered the crispy duck which also was very good an nice presented. The ambiance was romantic without being to over the top and our waiter was friendly. Unfortunately I didn't get his name we reserved seating for about 845pm on valentines day. I had only wished I go to thank him for such great service. Overall a good experience and definitely a place I would come visit again.Special Features:
- Excellent food, very goodGeorgeDined on 2/14/2014Excellent food, very good service. I was there for Valentines and we have tho most amazing time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over price for fancy dishes.CashDined on 2/14/2014Over price for fancy dishes. Food tasted normal. Nothing amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes!ChristaDined on 2/14/2014We went as a party of four, before a concert at First Church. The restaurant selection process was made difficult because we needed vegan options that were more satisfying than side dishes served over pasta.. After receiving the regular menu, we asked for the vegan menu, and although I was the only vegan in the party, we all ordered of of it because it was so great. The food was beautifully presented and had bright, fresh flavors. The service was just right, and the atmosphere made normal conversational voices possible. We will definitely return, and recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- juppeats3starjuppeatsVIPDined on 12/24/2013Had a very nice lunch. Had our 1 yr old grandchild with us. They were very accommodating. The baked salmon roll was delicious. I had the ginger bass, that was well spiced and juicy. My guest had the salmon/tuna sushi luncheon version. Good amount of fish. Hot and soup soup flavorful, but not very spicy. Miso soup excellent. Outstanding attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service. Nice presentation.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/10/2013Good service. Nice presentation. Sushi was so-so. A good deal if you have a coupon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceThaiKingDined on 12/7/2013Our server was good, made the effort and was attentive. The food and atmosphere was better than expect. Great place for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience, Good foodBostonDinerVIPDined on 11/19/2013Went here with a Groupon - good food, decent atmosphere, good service. I'll go back!Special Features:
- very good food, excellent serviceBlueManDined on 11/9/2013Went with my family for an evening out. The food was very good, with quality ingredients. Excellent service. We had a wonderful meal and a great evening.Special Features:
- great, varied menuLAvisitorVIPDined on 11/2/2013Very nicely prepared and presented. Desserts are AMAZING! Quickly becoming a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & yummyLovebostonVIPDined on 10/10/2013Took my son here after reading good reviews & we LOVED IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay dining experience.,,,,,stylieneatsDined on 9/28/2013I enjoyed this restaurant. The food was exceptional. Staff was attentive and great.Special Features:
- Typhoon Best!Virg07Dined on 9/28/2013The food was amazing!!!!!!!! Everything we ordered was cooked to perfection. The orange flavored beef and teryaki lamb were melt-in-your mouth good!!!!!! We will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Korean bbq steak and mirin-misorebeccaiVIPDined on 9/25/2013Korean bbq steak and mirin-miso glazed bass were excellent. Our kids loved them too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Place would return againshepvillDined on 9/21/2013We had the sushi here and it was good, the service was average. The outdoor seating was nice since the weather was near perfect. The seats outside were a little tight. Overall it was a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food, terrible serviceSantaFeSandyDined on 9/15/2013We were staying in the Copley Plaza area and were craving Thai or Asian food. We assumed that since this restaurant was downtown in a big city, high rent district, it would be at least decent. The drinks were awful (not sure the bartender was trained, at all) and the food mediocre. Service was just miserable. While it had a great front patio on the street, that was the one and only thing going for it.
- Amazing Menu and such a great spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2013First time here, and I will be going back as much as possible. The food was great and the menu had so much to choose from. Prices were great and location was perfect for outdoor dining! If you are a sushi person, you def need to try this place at least once!Special Features:
- Attentive serviceKahaluuMomDined on 8/31/2013The food was good. The service was very attentive. The fried ice cream was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great variety on the menuSamsonDined on 8/16/2013The menu was quite varied with an eclectic variety of Asian cuisine. The service was excellent, and it wasn't noisy. There is an option to sit outside next to the sidewalk as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.